Please use our links: LEGO.com • Amazon
Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyway, in the interests of progression, here are a few suggestions to make it better
- Integrate the profile page with the main site profile page and generally pull out more of the power of the site functionality onto that page, eg bricklists, maybe top 10 sets or something.
- of course single signon
- some kind of hashtag so that when you mention a set number it auto links to it (or does it already do that I wonder #10194 )(Edit; it does do it but something weird comes up)
- instructions to the RH side of the entry field on accepted formatting etc.
- reminder email titles with thread name not person name so they group by thread in gmail
- Ability to tag threads and browse by tag
- This is bound to be difficult, but the main site could be leveraged more e.g. there seems to be a need for discussion around a set, which is not 'reviews' but which could go on the set page. I know this kind-of happens already but it seems very seperate to the forum. Wouldnt it be nice if all of this was in the forum, and there was also a section in the forum where you can go to 'sets' and see which sets are being chatted about too.
- Ability to watch categories, keywords or hashtags, i.e if Im intersted in a set I can get emailed when its discussed.
- Similar to other themes about integration really - wee now have 2 'dashboards' - the news updates list and the forum homepage, would be nice if they were merged.
OK hope thats useful... Simon
Glad to see a forum associated with the brickset site :) I don't think I've missed this in preferences, but... is there anyway to limit the number of discussions/topics that display per page? For instance, maybe have 15 or so topics on the front page, then start breaking into pages? It's a little mind boggling scrolling down and seeing so many topics. It's probably just me though :)
There are loads of things that could be improved with the forum software but for now, given that generally it's working just fine, I'll leave it on this hosted platform which does unfortunately limit what can be changed and how closely it can be integrated with the main site, but also makes it so much easier to run.