Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The LEGO Ninjago Movie sets

Comments

• beabea Member Posts: 227
    edited June 2017
    The Bounty looks fantastic. I will have to pick that one up. Will it be available Sept 1?

The City, on the other hand, looks a bit of a mess. It almost gives me a Kowloon Walled City vibe, if KWC was filled with cupcakes and rainbows instead of crime. Just a random collection of "stuff" piled on top of other equally random "stuff".

VBaskin2008
  • nuttamastabuildanuttamastabuilda USAMember Posts: 53
    bea said:
    The City, on the other hand, looks a bit of a mess. It almost gives me a Kowloon Walled City vibe, if KWC was filled with cupcakes and rainbows instead of crime. Just a random collection of "stuff" piled on top of other equally random "stuff".

The City does look rather busy.  Doesn't look like it'll incorporate well into the regular Modular line either.   Hopefully they make a new product line for Ninjago City modular buildings to further expand on this set, while keeping a similar look and feel.  Locate it across the bay from the standard modular building sets, connected by the #76057 Bridge.  With the Destiny's Bounty in the bay... :)
    VBaskin2008
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    I was thinking of putting it next to the theater and market street
    VBaskin2008
  • PeteMPeteM Gallifrey (near Bristol)Member Posts: 392
    edited June 2017
    Whole set looks amazing - my 'to buy' list for this year just keeps getting longer (and pricier). Spotted the train bogie decorative piece in brown which I think is new (?) and love the use the artists palette in green for lily pads.
    VBaskin2008
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 680
    At a mere $300 (ha, 'mere' $300), I will have to grab this sooner or later. It's an increfible value for the 4800+ pieces included, and while its style doesnt really match the modulars, I think a few MOCed buildings could ease a transition from, say, a modular building to this. 

Yes, it is busy, but I think that enhances to the set, instead of detracting from it. It looks meticulously detailed and quite similar to actual Asain architecture.  
    MynattelspankdogSumoLegoYodaliciousBumblepantsstluxVBaskin2008LEGO_Dad77
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,506
    Does this mean if I buy this and a $799.99 UCS MF, that the 10,000 pieces for $1,100.00 isn't so bad?
    YodaliciouspharmjodBumblepantsstluxsid3windrVBaskin2008maaaaaaanwr122catwrangler
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 879
    Unbelievable looking set.  When it popped up in FB feed I thought it was a beautiful MOC someone put together.  Lego is killing me.  Now I'm hoping the falcon doesn't come for a long time as I'd never be able to afford all these. 
    Haha, me too! I thought it's a nice MOC set but a bit messy as in no unique style for a building. Then I saw the product box image and realized it's an official Ninjago set based on oriental building designs. The more I look at it, the more it grows on me, especially all the unique building methods, interesting part usages and the overall size of it.
    VBaskin2008monstblitz
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,928
    ARGH!!! They need to stop releasing such amazing sets. I have never had this many sets on my personal must have list...4 right now.  Now the question is... is this going to be a must buy for me or my kiddo.
    CM4SLostInTranslationVBaskin2008
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,233
    wait, it fits on just a 32 x 32 baseplate? how the hell is it 31cm wide and 42cm deep?
    VBaskin2008
  • DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 247
    Fauch said:
    wait, it fits on just a 32 x 32 baseplate? how the hell is it 31cm wide and 42cm deep?

Overhanging trees/vegetation and other artifacts
    VBaskin2008
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 879
    Fauch said:
    Indeed, the base is 32x32 stud size so it's about the footprint of Brick Bank (or any other modular), though height wise is pretty tall.

Looking from the back it appears the build structure is quite narrow as well which can't be seen clearly from the front.

The single bonsai sticking out the side added another 10cm or so to the width.
    VBaskin2008
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 561
    It took me awhile to get what was going on with the microfigures here but realized that they are representations of bionicles. First the AFOL room in the Assembly square and now these. So many nods to various things, this set just keeps on giving. 

When I first saw this set I can't say I enjoyed it. Just looked like a clump of various random things put together but over the past day its grown on me significantly. It's extraordinarily well done and overall it is just so unique. I feel like every time I come back and look at this set there is always something new to notice. With the ingenious usage of pieces, the sheer size, and not to mention the cost with piece count, I am now having a hard time to find an argument with the set.

I'd say that lego has done an amazing job with their sets this year and I can't wait to see whats next.
    sid3windrVBaskin2008gmonkey76AanchirIceCreamCloneClutchPowercatwrangler
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 384
    Mynatt said:
    It took me awhile to get what was going on with the microfigures here but realized that they are representations of bionicles. First the AFOL room in the Assembly square and now these. So many nods to various things, this set just keeps on giving. 

What makes you think that they're representations of bionicles?  They could just as easily be action figures of the ninjas.  They are the right colours after all...
    VBaskin2008gmonkey76AanchirLyichir
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,317
    Here I was thinking they were Galidor figures... o_O
    VBaskin2008AanchirSumoLegoLyichircatwrangler
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 761
    That guy's not collecting monochrome minifigs? 
    sid3windrVBaskin2008Bumblepantsgmonkey76Rainstorm26JudgeChuckIceCreamCloneJern92catwrangler
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,431
    I haven't got up to date on all the discussion on this thread, as I don't really keep up to date with Ninjago, but wanted to say just how much I love the Ninjago City set. Very very impressive. I won't buy it, but it almost made it onto my want list - and that's quite something from me, especially at that price!
    VBaskin2008
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,613
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 306
    Mynatt said:

What makes you think that they're representations of bionicles?  They could just as easily be action figures of the ninjas.  They are the right colours after all...
    They're definitely figures of the ninjas - if they were supposed to reference the toa, there'd be a brown one in there somewhere innit. However, that's not to say that this model is without Bionicle references completely...
    VBaskin2008
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 975
    edited June 2017
    That's utterly gorgeous!

And are those sand green macaronis at the top? Previously only available in the Statue of Liberty, and fabulously expensive as a result, I can think of a few people who'll be delighted!
    There are at least 6 sand green new macaronis in #41188 as well.  So yes, DEFINITELY an awesome year if your building a Statue of Liberty!  Probably not so awesome if you've recently purchased a Bricklinked one, and definitely a piece you'll now need to check on second hand SOL purchases.

EDIT - Another big box of bricks we all NEED to buy in the next 18 months!
    VBaskin2008
    If you want to use the correct one in statue of liberty you're stil SOL though... :)
    VBaskin2008
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    edited June 2017
    Images of four Ninjago CMFs up on Twitter!

I want them all. Excellent accessories. Love the Garmadon outfit. 
    sid3windrBumblepantsstluxbluedragonbandit778VBaskin2008ClutchPower
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,651
    10 pictures on facebook and the rest tomorrow apparently. A ton of new parts/re-colours as always.
    LostInTranslationVBaskin2008
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,434
    Yep. Lego group posted these on Twitter

stluxMattDawsonbandit778CM4SOnebricktoomanyVBaskin2008ClutchPower
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    Those accessories... also all the new moulds (e.g. bowl and hairpieces!)
    bluedragonLostInTranslationVBaskin2008gmonkey76ClutchPower
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,555
    Oh man that heavy metal guy rules! These look really fun.
    bandit778bluedragonstluxLostInTranslationVBaskin2008gmonkey76ClutchPower
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 482
    TLG really took Ninjago to the next level. My kids were already in... now they got to me!
    Bumblepantsstluxbandit778pharmjodtamamahmVBaskin2008ClutchPower
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,434
    SUSHI!!!
    bandit778VBaskin2008gmonkey76
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,264
    Wow they are really going all out for this - the rest of the CMF to be seen tomorrow includes a Shark Army Octopus and two more Garmadons... exciting! 

Plus the sets are being officially revealed courtesy of BZPower. I hope this all leads up to a new trailer.
    77ncaachampsstluxbandit778AyliffeIceCreamClonetamamahmVBaskin2008ClutchPower
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 515
    edited June 2017
    I'm surprised at all the leg printing on these. They look great!
    bandit778VBaskin2008
    edited June 2017
    The Asian dishware alone attracts me to this series.
    bandit778BumblepantsMAGNINOMINISUMBRASumoLegopharmjodVBaskin2008gmonkey76
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,893
    There I was quietly minding my own business, thinking that the sets from the film look great and will be partaking in at least 3 of them but happy in the knowledge that I wouldn't be buying TLNM minifigure series as how many ninja costumes can someone want from a theme........ Oh how wrong I was. 
    The only positive thinking for my finances is that when these hit the shelves I feel TLBM and its relevant sets will be all but forgotten and there could be some serious discounts on the range come the Autumn. (Living in hope really).
    77ncaachampsLostInTranslationsid3windrstluxbluedragonpharmjodVBaskin2008ClutchPowercatwrangler
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,243
    Now, where can I get some of those pajamas in my size and without the extra arms?
    bandit778BumblepantsVBaskin2008gmonkey76ClutchPower
    I was assuming they were 2 stacked torsos but looking again I'm not so sure...
    VBaskin200877ncaachamps
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    So I need four of each of Garmadon and Lloyd for two nice sets of bowls... 

That sushi tile looks different to the existing one to me. Thoughts?
    stluxVBaskin2008gmonkey76
    So I need four of each of Garmadon and Lloyd for two nice sets of bowls... 

That sushi tile looks different to the existing one to me. Thoughts?

VBaskin2008ClutchPower
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,613
    CM4S said:
    Wow they are really going all out for this - the rest of the CMF to be seen tomorrow includes a Shark Army Octopus and two more Garmadons... exciting! 

Plus the sets are being officially revealed courtesy of BZPower. I hope this all leads up to a new trailer.
    In Hollywood a movie poster is always followed by a new trailer in the same week, so you should expect very soon.
    CM4SVBaskin2008
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,118
    I thought I would have enough willpower to skip the TLNM CMF's, but looking at these pictures my willpower evaporated. THEY WILL BE MINE.

Very nice figs, and when I'm not interested in the fig, they come with great accessories. Fingers crossed that ramen bowl will also become available in other sets.
    sid3windrBumblepantsIceCreamCloneSumoLegobandit778VBaskin2008ClutchPower
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 975
    Ignored for years then I fought and won on Sky Pirates,  Temple has had me teetering now I've had a really good look at it and I'm seeing it at discount,  Thinking I might get a movie set or two and then Ninjago City arrives and Resistance is GONE.  But those bowls?

Damn you TLG,

Ninjago now owns me...
    sid3windrVBaskin2008
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,182
    That City is spectacular. Really tempted despite owning nothing Ninjago apart from a few polybags. Then I see the CMF range as well, so many useful pieces. I can see a noodle stand being built to go with the bowls
    VBaskin2008
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Does anyone care if the movie is any good?
    VBaskin2008
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,243
    ^ at this point only because good means it does well and leads to sequels with more hopefully excellent sets!
    stluxlentilVBaskin2008Rainstorm26gmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,506
    stlux said:
    I thought I would have enough willpower to skip the TLNM CMF's...
    That's cute.  Does 'skip' mean - 'I'll only buy two sets'?
    CM4SIceCreamClonesid3windrstluxVBaskin2008Kerre
    Does anyone care if the movie is any good?
    I do, actually. I love NINJAGO and I hope they make this as enjoyable as the tv show is to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    AanchirbeemoVBaskin2008Rainstorm26LEGO_Dad77
    I didn't think the movie nor the sets would be for me. But I've bought the Temple now, will definitely get the City AND the let's say 30 CMFs. I'll HAVE to go see the movie and hope I don't fall for any of the other trapssets.
    stluxbandit778VBaskin2008IceCreamClone
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,928
    GAH!! I need to figure out how to break this down. The minifigs are just so well done. 
    LostInTranslationVBaskin2008
    Disappointing to see the 70610 Flying Jelly Sub doesn't have a knob on the back that you can turn to make the bottom half spin crazily. I wanna see the chains spinning in a circle, I'm sure it would've looked cool.
    Bumblepantsblack_towrVBaskin2008IceCreamClonesklamb
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,186
    I wasn't going to bother with the Ninjago Movie stuff, but with every new set detail released, it seems like we're going to have to try to squeeze it into our budget. If TLG keeps doing this, I might end up having to switch to an instant noodles diet.
    bandit778bendybadgerLostInTranslationJudgeChucklentilVBaskin2008xiahna