Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What is the best version of the y-wing?

I want to buy a y-wing as it's my favourite Star Wars ship. I think the UCS one is awesome but I would prefer a minifig scale set. Please put aside nostalgia for your answers I prefer objective answers. Which one should I get?

Comments

• SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,718
    #9495 Gold Leader's Y-wing Starfighter. Everything you could want out of a Y-Wing.
    Zinzzan55
  • Zinzzan55Zinzzan55 UKMember Posts: 2
    Thanks for the quick response, it looks awesome.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,897
    Depending on your circumstances, #75172 from Rogue One takes some beating.
     It's current so easy to get hold of (possibly at a reasonable discount.
    It's close enough to the Original Trilogy builds to not look out of place with " the OT ships and it has some excellent minifigures to flesh out a collector's Star Wars universe.
    It's a fun build too, with some new pieces to help make the shape of the cockpit and a really nice printed canopy.
    Also, once built, if you have any love for Star Wars at all, I bet you take it for a swoosh round the living room (I did once the wife wasn't watching). :)
    stluxIceCreamCloneTheBigLegoskiLEGO_Dad77
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,388
    Zinzzan55 said:
    Which one should I get?
    The one you can afford. :-)

FowlerBricks
  • mediumsnowmanmediumsnowman USAMember Posts: 40
    I own #9495 and #75172, and I have to say the newest one is better in every regard. The grey thrusters are much more accurate than the white, the fuselage is more sturdy and more detailed, and the bomb dropping mechanism is much more functional. It also includes more figures and is more widely available since it is new. I think #75172 is still $47.99 on Amazon US, which is a very fair price for 650+ pieces, especially since it is licensed.
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,384
    "All of them" is the correct answer I believe. 

As I just missed getting my hands on the UCS version, I've decided I'll be picking up the next one I see on sale of any version. A local seller site has them pop up fairly regularly for around $30.