Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The LEGO Ninjago Movie sets

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,351
    ^ Or - with two sets - a decent gate.
    VBaskin2008stluxOnebricktoomany
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 276
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Or - with two sets - a decent gate.
    That is the direction I want go...
    VBaskin2008
  • VBaskin2008VBaskin2008 Member Posts: 181
    edited June 2017
    Aanchir said:
    Spent a little while yesterday deciphering the new alphabet used in some of the sets:

The writing on the Ninja's costumes spells out "Fire" (Kai), "Ice" (Zane), "Earth" (Cole), "Spark" (Jay), "Water" (Nya), and "Ninja" (Lloyd).

The signs in #70607, in no particular order, spell out "New Town", "Uptown", "ARLO" (these letters appear in colored squares so may be bus/subway lines rather than a word), "Shop", and "Hotel".

The sign in #70606 spells out "Dojo Wu". The flag on the back of the new Bounty also spells out "Dojo".

Glad to have bigger pictures of these sets!
    Actaully Aanchir, just like in the TV series Jay's element in the movie is Lightning and Lloyd's element in the movie is Energy.
    Onebricktoomany
  • CommanderJigglypuffCommanderJigglypuff NetherlandsMember Posts: 63
    Here is (probably one of many) the movie poster:

CM4STheBigLegoskiPenkid11ClutchPowertamamahmVBaskin2008SumoLego
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,259
    I love it!
    VBaskin2008
  • CommanderJigglypuffCommanderJigglypuff NetherlandsMember Posts: 63
    It's a really cool poster! Nya has her hairpiece and the underside of her mask. Probably one of the reasons why they made the 2 pieces masks. 
    VBaskin2008
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 645
    edited June 2017
    Aanchir said:
    Spent a little while yesterday deciphering the new alphabet used in some of the sets:

The writing on the Ninja's costumes spells out "Fire" (Kai), "Ice" (Zane), "Earth" (Cole), "Spark" (Jay), "Water" (Nya), and "Ninja" (Lloyd).

The signs in #70607, in no particular order, spell out "New Town", "Uptown", "ARLO" (these letters appear in colored squares so may be bus/subway lines rather than a word), "Shop", and "Hotel".

The sign in #70606 spells out "Dojo Wu". The flag on the back of the new Bounty also spells out "Dojo".

Glad to have bigger pictures of these sets!
    Actaully Aanchir, just like in the TV series Jay's element in the movie is Lightning and Lloyd's element in the movie is Energy.
    He wasn't talking about what the elements themselves are called—he was talking about what the Asian-esque letters on their outfits translate to. A six-letter word like "Energy" might be hard to fit convincingly without it seeming overwhelming, and a nine-letter word like "Lightning" would be right out (heck, even on Jay's outfit only four letters are visible, since a strap across his torso blocks the fourth letter).
    BumblepantsVBaskin2008
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 384
    Wow, wow, wow, WOW!!!  Ninjago City.  Wasn't expecting that.

https://www.facebook.com/LEGO/posts/10154805488893403
    AanchirVBaskin2008
  • PowderfingerPowderfinger SwedenMember Posts: 50
    Best set ever.

elspankdogVBaskin2008
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 384
    I'm stunned, it's incredible and so packed with details.  An absolute must have!
    BumblepantsVBaskin2008
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 853
    What are Lego doing to us! I may have to sell an organ/child but I must get this
    lentilTheBigLegoskiVBaskin2008catwrangler
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,102
    edited June 2017
    *VERY* nice. Yet another Ninjago set I will need to get (as a non-Ninjago fan). Packed with details, and seems like it shouldn't be too hard to modify it to make it fit in a "normal" city. Seems totally worth the EUR 300 RRP.

At 4867 pieces and 16 minifigs, also one of the largest Lego sets ever? (only Taj Mahal and the UCS MF are 5000+?)
    VBaskin2008catwrangler
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,541
    SO.COOL!!!!
    VBaskin2008
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,492
    Totally amazing. WANT. 

Is the mannequin on the right wearing a scarf neck piece? Well overdue if so! Looks a bit Dr Whoey too... 
    So much to take in. Can't wait to see more pics. 
    Penkid11BumblepantsMynattVBaskin2008
    That's also the guy from the TV Series who has a comic book store, right? That's potentially a nice throwback!

oh, and HOLY S*?% - I wake up and this was revealed! Talk about unexpected!! I so want this!
    LostInTranslationIceCreamCloneAanchirDedgeckoPenkid11ClutchPowerBumblepantsVBaskin2008
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,611
    I'm pretty sure that's Mark Stafford wearing a Galidor shirt!

TheBrickPalDedgeckoPenkid11BumblepantsVBaskin2008
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,218
    That's utterly gorgeous!

And are those sand green macaronis at the top? Previously only available in the Statue of Liberty, and fabulously expensive as a result, I can think of a few people who'll be delighted!
    VBaskin2008
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,229
    I sure hope this hangs around for a few years as I will never justify the price to MrsB unless I can have a good crack at building up some savings.  But I've got to have it.
    VBaskin2008catwrangler
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,492
    edited June 2017
    As new parts, so far I'm seeing the scarf piece, green artists palettes (as lily pads, awesome) and tan & dark metallic crabs. And a cool new orange hairpiece. And in the pic of the girl and lady having tea, what's the green plant part behind the girl? 

BumblepantsVBaskin2008
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 342
    edited June 2017
    Not a huge fan of Ninjago but that Destiny's Bounty and this City set are a definite must!!!

Fortunately, for the wife, with my work I'm able to do some additional training to earn extra money so that will help with these unexpected purchases ;)
    VBaskin2008snowhitie
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 864
    The second level on its own is as good as being a street level building! 
    sid3windrstluxIceCreamCloneAdzbadboyMynattVBaskin2008
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,310
    Ninjago City will be my first Ninjago set. Or well maybe I'll still buy the Temple... But I WILL have this one. :)
    BumblepantsVBaskin2008
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,472
    Oh i just noticed dark brown flower stems! Awesome
    LostInTranslationVBaskin2008
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 276
    Incredible!!  Salivating!!  Getting a second job!!!   
    Bumblepantssid3windrVBaskin2008
    I just pulled out my Japanese restaurant modular LDD file to see about changing it to blend more to this styling and it is soooo boring by comparison. Feels bad. Will be a fun challenge though. 
    VBaskin2008
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,089
    Oh, heavens. The city looks absolutely incredible!

This year is definitely proving to be extremely expensive. I think I'm going to have to curtail all LEGO buying, apart from the large sets that I absolutely, definitely, conclusively must have...
    VBaskin2008
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    edited June 2017
    The real question is: "Would this be considered a modular?"
    mustang69DedgeckoBumblepantsVBaskin2008snowhitie
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 670
    As new parts, so far I'm seeing the scarf piece, green artists palettes (as lily pads, awesome) and tan & dark metallic crabs. And a cool new orange hairpiece. And in the pic of the girl and lady having tea, what's the green plant part behind the girl? 

That's definitely a hair piece! I think it is a recolor of Sabine Wren's hair from the Star Wars Rebels line. This set is seriously amazing, beautiful and full of NPU.
    LostInTranslationCM4SVBaskin2008
  • IceCreamCloneIceCreamClone Chicago-ishMember Posts: 70
    edited June 2017
    @LostInTranslation The plant appears to be a recolor of Sabine Wren's hair from #75090 and #75106

Also, HOLY CRAP THIS SET IS AMAZING! I probably won't be able to afford it (I can try though). So much to say here, most if not all of which has already been said, but this is probably one of the best looking sets I've ever seen in my life. My only worry is that it looks like there are a lot of stickers, but they all look good anyway.
    VBaskin2008
    Sorry to double post, but Misako seemingly gets 3 faces in this set.. unless one is her CMF figure

gmonkey76TheBrickPalIceCreamCloneMynattVBaskin2008snowhitieGalactus
  • DroneDrone U.KMember Posts: 193
    My self imposed Lego ban was going well until the Snowspeeder and the Saturn V rocket turned up. Now this....
    CM4SWatfordScottyMOnebricktoomanyMynattVBaskin2008
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    Holy mother of sets I must sell a kidney to own...
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 305
    So not only is there a reference to that game Shadow of Ronin, but there's a reference within that reference to the mountain from Exo Force

this set is literally the best thing
    FowlerBricksBumblepantsAanchirPenkid11LyichirVBaskin2008snowhitieGalactus

There's also the black double H fence piece in the pics above
    VBaskin2008
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,888
    What an absolutely stunning build. I thought that #70751 was one of the most visually appealing sets to be released but this set has made it look almost ordinary. 
    Oh, to have the next 5 years worth of modulars built in the same manor, as a city built to this style/standard would be a thing of beauty. 
    Lego have certainly knocked the ball out of the park with the style and creativity that has gone into these sets. My wallet is going to be hurting for a while.
    stluxOnebricktoomanyelspankdoglentilsid3windrBumblepantsAdzbadboyVBaskin2008catwrangler
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 586
    Unbelievable looking set.  When it popped up in FB feed I thought it was a beautiful MOC someone put together.  Lego is killing me.  Now I'm hoping the falcon doesn't come for a long time as I'd never be able to afford all these.  
    mustang69VBaskin2008
  • TheBrickPalTheBrickPal USAMember Posts: 45
    Man. Man, oh man, oh man oh man oh man.

Want. And I don't normally get direct-to-consumer sets either. However, with so many other sets to get, I'll have to pass on this. Simply too expensive (though great value). Sad!

Still - WANT.
    VBaskin2008
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 828
    WOAH.  Where on earth did that come from?  Best kept secret ever!  Just tremendous.  Now how to fit it into a modular setup?!
    VBaskin2008
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    What a great set, makes me want to start collecting ninjagos
    VBaskin2008
    edited June 2017
    Will be interesting to see how Toys R Us categorizes this set.  Will it be under Hard to Find or The Ninjago Movie? The latter would likely be eligible for discounts and promotions like 20% off at least.

Lego site has it labeled as exclusive, but under the Ninjago directory:

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/NINJAGO-City-70620 
    VBaskin2008
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 251
    I definitely know what I'm saving up for, looks like the summer will have to be LEGO shopping free so I can afford this when it comes out.
    VBaskin2008
    Will be interesting to see how Toys R Us categorizes this set.  Will it be under Hard to Find or The Ninjago Movie? The latter would likely be eligible for discounts and promotions like 20% off at least.

Lego site has it labeled as exclusive, but under the Ninjago directory:

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/NINJAGO-City-70620 
    We can only hope they screw up and list it in some big Ninjago sale along with the regular sets.
    gmonkey76pharmjodVBaskin2008
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    Or they made a short supply run, and these will sell out quickly.
    VBaskin2008
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,229
    Hang on, is that a black bowler hat in there? Lester could be back sooner than expected!
    BumblepantsVBaskin2008catwranglerIan_S
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    edited June 2017
    Ninja...

...WHOA!
    LostInTranslationbandit778Penkid11IceCreamCloneOnebricktoomanyVBaskin2008