Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Stopped by Toys R Us today after work and seriously debated getting #70917 Ultimate Batmobile to take advantage of the 20% off, but ultimately (no pun intended) decided that it is something that I can pass on. Plus, I was on my motorcycle and the box wouldn't fit in my backpack... I'll have to be sure to drive my car when the #21309 Saturn V goes back in stock though :)
    Glacierfalls265TheBigLegoskicatwranglerClutchPower
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,948
    edited June 2017
    @gratefulnat happy your Saturn is on its way, hope it gets there before the weekend like you wanted.

Plus glad I managed to cheer you up when you had a bad day too, my son says you are allowed to borrow his hoodie anytime!

@Glacierfalls265 looks amazing!
    stluxMaffyDgratefulnatClutchPower
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,536
    Finally got #42063 the Technic BMW from Amazon after an aborted attempt that saw me get a £10 voucher from them, so £35 isn't a bad price. Now to start the 40th anniversary chassis build.

• MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,758
    edited June 2017
    SumoLego said:
    Oh no, just this one.  

I couldn't imagine extracting a pin and discarding some other poor keychain to make a Frankenstein custom keychain.

(Besides, they'll probably make one in 2019 when the MCU movie is released.)

What got me about your custom keyring is that on the white 3x2 tile with the Lego logo, next to the © mark you have 'DC' which is all kinds of wrong! Nice work though. :-)

SprinkleOttercatwrangler
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,289
    About to return to the US for a bit and counted up that I have roughly fifty unopened sets waiting for me. I am super excited and also quite chagrined to think what my family there thinks of me. It doesn't seem like much spread out over time to me but all tallied up I suddenly realized why they roll their eyes at me so much. Also slightly related, look for a massive sale/trade post from me in the near future.
    LostInTranslationIceCreamCloneTheBigLegoskicatwranglerClutchPower
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,418
    @Bumblepants        
    Aren't you going to rent a Maersk shipping container, and bring the whole lot with you back to Sofia?! Your new roughly 50 sets or so should all fit quite snug in one of those containers, especially with all those air-cushions they include with every order you place. Plus you would have the chance to establish yourself as a total Lego Tycoon in Bulgaria.
    Bumblepantscatwrangler
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 353
    ^At least she makes jokes about it. There are some spouses who would be far too willing to give their husbands a hole in the chest over purchases. 
    TheBigLegoskiBumblepantsIceCreamCloneVorpalRyumadejp86
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,447
    ^At least she makes jokes about it. There are some spouses who would be far too willing to give their husbands a hole in the chest over purchases. 
    That's how it starts... with fair warning. ;)
    madejp86
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Went to the penguins victory parade today and I ventured to the arena afterwards. I was annoyed to find knockoff brand minifugres of the players for sale there. 
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ They're at practically every arena/stadium there is these days. 
    Bricklover18
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,758
    Was making one of my infrequent forays onto Facebook this evening, and was presented with this halfway down my feed:

Nearly threw up in excitement for a second, before realising that it was advertising the version released back in 2015. Stupid Lego advert. I commented that it was available more cheaply at Amazon, Argos and Toys R Us. Drop mike...
    SumoLegosid3windrsnowhitieVorpalRyucatwranglerClutchPower
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    Soo... Anyone else going to be at Brickworld tomorrow?
    madejp86
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,182
    edited June 2017
    I haven't had much time recently to post, but have been trying to keep up with all the various conversations on Brickset, badly... ;-)

I have only bought a very few sets recently, as this year is going to be expensive, with the new #10257 Carousel, #21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V (if I can get hold of one), the huge #21137 The Mountain Cave and also #21310 Old Fishing Store, all of which are "must buys" for me.

I did pick up #31050 Corner Deli and #75112 General Grievous on sale from Amazon recently, which has kept me happy-ish in the meantime.

Out of interest, what's the latest on the new UCS Falcon? ;-)

Edit to add: Oh, a shout out to @SeanTheCollector, who kindly gave me a heads-up about a MineCon Steve that was available on eBay. It was appreciated, even though I'm not willing to spend £30+ on the postage alone!
    snowhitie
  • IceCreamCloneIceCreamClone Chicago-ishMember Posts: 71
    @SprinkleOtter I'm not registered for the full 4(?) days, but I do have tickets and I will be there on Saturday.
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,159
    Went to the penguins victory parade today and I ventured to the arena afterwards. I was annoyed to find knockoff brand minifugres of the players for sale there. 
    I believe the NHL has a deal with that brand, as I see a ton of Flyers stuff like that. 

Hershey's also sells building sets that are not Lego, in particular an open wheel race car with the standard Hershey's color scheme and a dump truck with the Reese's color scheme. 
    Bricklover18
    Update:
    Brickworld sucks. Sooo hard. Very few games, and those there are either cost (!), or don't have prizes. If you want LEGO convention fun, go to Brickfair...
  • IceCreamCloneIceCreamClone Chicago-ishMember Posts: 71
    @SprinkleOtter Good thing I'm just going for one day to see mocs and buy stuff. Otherwise I'd be disappointed. 
    SprinkleOtter
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 275
    edited June 2017
    snowhitie said:
    @gratefulnat happy your Saturn is on its way, hope it gets there before the weekend like you wanted.
    Plus glad I managed to cheer you up when you had a bad day too, my son says you are allowed to borrow his hoodie anytime!
    Happy!!
    Very happy!!
    #21309 Saturn V arrived, countdown to commence building has finally reached blast off.

@snowhitie - please pass on a big thanks to your son - the offer is much appreciated :-)
    snowhitieLegoboy
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 568
    I've been there the past few days, and thus away from my computer, though due to my daughters' ballet recitals I now won't be back until Sunday.

@IceCreamClone I'm sorry that I'll miss the opportunity to meet you tomorrow. The hall was packed with great displays when I left this afternoon, with some amazing pieces still being constructed/reconstructed.  
    Update:
    Brickworld sucks. Sooo hard. Very few games, and those there are either cost (!), or don't have prizes. If you want LEGO convention fun, go to Brickfair...
    What games were you hoping to find? Also, the ones that have a cost are designed to support the charity fundraiser. 
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Yeah, not sure exactly what you are expecting @SprinkleOtter. Free drafts? I've been here since Thursday and have had no shortage of things to do.
    SirBen said:
    Update:
    What games were you hoping to find? Also, the ones that have a cost are designed to support the charity fundraiser. 
    If you take a stroll the the list of games at Brickfair... At least half of that.

Yeah, not sure exactly what you are expecting @SprinkleOtter. Free drafts? I've been here since Thursday and have had no shortage of things to do.
    Free games? Like, at all. Also, prizes for winning. Boat races and such aren't cheap to participate in, and I'm accustomed to ~$100 sets for winning.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ Went to Brickworld in Tampa the past three years and it was always just displays and shops. Never games. 
    edited June 2017
    There are trophies for events @SprinkleOtter, they are just given out at the end. Most of the prize budget for the show goes to the door prizes. They give out several really big sets at the closing ceremonies.

BW has always been about the social aspect for me. Most of the contests are for bragging rights. To anyone attending - feel free to stop by the WisLUG area and ask for Andrew. Always happy to chat and I will have a full cooler during World of Lights tonight.
    SirBensnowhitie
    There are trophies for events @SprinkleOtter, they are just given out at the end. Most of the prize budget for the show goes to the door prizes. They give out several really big sets at the closing ceremonies.
    I understand that, but I can't help but feel said budget is miniscule compared to what I am used to.
    Fair enough. I don't do other LEGO cons, so I don't have a point of reference.

Educate me. What do you want to see?
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,852
    Someone at HISHE is clearly an AFOL...

(And at 28%, I'm off the wagon - @samiam391.)
    stluxcatwranglerVorpalRyuClutchPowergmonkey76
    BW has always been about the social aspect for me. Most of the contests are for bragging rights. To anyone attending - feel free to stop by the WisLUG area and ask for Andrew. Always happy to chat and I will have a full cooler during World of Lights tonight.
    Agreed! With my son's little league game this morning and the girls' dance recital this afternoon, I'll not be back until Sunday. I'll plan to stop by and meet you tomorrow.  
    BuriedinBricks
    SumoLego said:
    Someone at HISHE is clearly an AFOL...

(And at 28%, I'm off the wagon - @samiam391.)
    Agreed (though that one is lame compared to the original TLM ones).
    Fair enough. I don't do other LEGO cons, so I don't have a point of reference.

Educate me. What do you want to see?
    In addition to at least as many opening door prizes, take a look down this list:
    http://www.brickfair.com/Game/

• oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,504
    ^ I like the "Impaired Speed Build", sounds like fun.
    SprinkleOtter
    Some of that's cool, but having stuff like checkers and other random board/card games scheduled seems excessive. I feel like the variety of sessions and general hanging out fills my time here just fine.

Granted, I'm here with my LUG and have   plenty of displays to set up, which I admit may make a difference. I don't know what your situation is.
    Some of that's cool, but having stuff like checkers and other random board/card games scheduled seems excessive. I feel like the variety of sessions and general hanging out fills my time here just fine.

Granted, I'm here with my LUG and have   plenty of displays to set up, which I admit may make a difference. I don't know what your situation is.
    Yes, some of it may be overkill, but when you compare it to the 4 games here... I dunno. I feel more is better than less.
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,007
    edited June 2017
    it's over 3000!!!!!!

i blame "UCS falcon rumours" post for this.
    catwranglerClutchPower
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,103
    it's over 3000!!!!!!

i blame "UCS falcon rumours" post for this.
    To be fair you can only really blame 1 of them on actual UCS Falcon rumours, the rest was, how to put it politely.......... other conversation. :)
    SumoLego
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 725
    ^ Yummy..
    SumoLego
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 897
    Cleaned out my car before my replacement picks it up and found a surprisingly large amount of Lego scattered around. Most of it was from when a pab tub of studs and tiles spilled all over passenger seat.  I'm sure I missed some so the person is going to wonder what the hell is was doing in the car.
    SumoLegosnowhitienwr122catwrangler
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,852
    Clearly, you have Lego mice - 'cause they crap studs out everywhere.
    sid3windrIceCreamClonedavetheoxygenmanSprinkleOttersnowhitienexanderSeijiAmasawacatwrangler
    SumoLego said:
    Polybag Madness.  Although I was pleasantly surprised at some of the extras that were discovered.

@SprinkleOtter - This is what 625 polys looks like.  (Give or take a dozen extras, a box of Elves Airgliders, and 150+ or so Parrot polys and TLBM Accessory polys.)

Holy!
    SumoLego
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,447
    MaffyD said:

Well, along comes fathers day, and Cathy said that the children "had something exciting to share with their dad" and would you look what they brought in:
    Thank you for this, I've printed the post and will question my GF later. I only got the top box, so I seem to be missing half of my present.

Or on a more serious note, awesomesauce! I also got the Saturn for father's day (which was 2 weeks ago btw, silly rest-of-world!) and was veeeeeeeeeeryy happy building it :D
    stluxiso3200MaffyDvizzitorLego_StarGlacierfalls265snowhitie
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,824
    I'm a bit emotional this morning due to the deal I just missed out on. A seller on a local selling platform posted a #10174 UCS AT-ST and #10134 Y-Wing Attack for $150 total.........................

I responded within minutes of it being posted and discovered I was the second person to inquire. I held onto hope as the seller said they would let me know if the first person didn't arrive. 

And of course they did...

The UCS Y-Wing is among my favorite Lego sets. So close, yet so far away...
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 353
    ^ I had this happen with a $50 #10188 the other day that looked to be almost complete if not fully complete. The app showed I was the third person to view it, but apparently, one of the prior people claimed it and was already on the way to pick it up.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,504
    ^ You guys need to offer more when you contact the seller. I'd bet you move to number 1 real quick.
    SprinkleOtterLegopassion8
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,824
    ^I debated doing just that. Hindsight and all.

In the unlikely event there is a next time for something like this, you better believe I'll pull out the stops. 
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,328
    oldtodd33 said:
    ^ You guys need to offer more when you contact the seller. I'd bet you move to number 1 real quick.
    To each their own, but I've always thought that was kind of "slimy" (for lack of a better word). 
    Jern92VorpalRyuMAGNINOMINISUMBRAsnowhitiegmonkey76