Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,096
    JooTog said:
    JOIN THE FIGHT! ...against dust ;-)
    I endorse this message.  Also, those cases are perfect for CMF display.

JooTogClutchPower
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,701
  • bok2bok2 Member Posts: 53
    @oldtodd33

Just curious - with 700.000 Lego pieces in sets, on the Brickset "most pieces" list, what is your rank?

• gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 382
    edited May 2017
    Very excited to have #70917 Batmobile unopened on the table waiting to be built!
    Plus just finished #10257 Carousel over the weekend - what a delight - with a few tricky steps (160 & 161) that had LEGO bricks flying repeatedly all over the room whilst trying to unsuccessfully attach the subassemblies together ;-)

@Adzbadboy - a real shame, sorry to hear that, certainly not for lack of effort!
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,435
    @Adzbadboy          
    That is most unfortunate for you. I hope you are coping well with this disappointment, and that hopefully they will hire you for one of the other positions at TLG you applied for. Don't give up, chin up, and keep up your good spirit!
    Take care.
    catwrangleromniumAdeelZubairIceCreamClonesnowhitieClutchPower
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 945
    Dusting and rearranging one of my bookshelf.

Ship/barges display on top shelf... hard to appreciate without a ladder, but they do not fit anywhere else.

Other ships like #70738 Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty are still boxed.
    ClutchPowerFowlerBricks
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,640
    @bok2    My set ranking is number 95 but that goes up and down. At this level of collecting or hoarding, depending on your opinion, you have to buy at least 5 to 10 sets a week to keep up if that's your intention. 
    oldtodd33 said:
    @bok2    My set ranking is number 95 but that goes up and down. At this level of collecting or hoarding, depending on your opinion, you have to buy at least 5 to 10 sets a week to keep up if that's your intention. 
    Currently I am at number 878 and yes, if I do not add new sets for a period of time I will slide down the list. I have no intention of reaching the top-100 but never-the-less I find the list interesting. 

I also find it interesting to look into other peoples public collections, however, most of the time I am surprised that many/most of the larger collections are VERY heavy on the most recent years: e.g. 350.000 pieces in sets almost only from the past 10-15 years. An odd focus for my taste.

• catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,894
    edited May 2017
    I wonder if the piececounts of the modulars and UCS models are throwing it, and if people including multiple copies in their Brickset inventories also contributes.
    I wonder if the piececounts of the modulars and UCS models are throwing it, and if people including multiple copies in their Brickset inventories also contributes.
    Yes, multiple copies fully contribute.
    catwrangler
    Your overall ranking is not effected by your piece count, only the number of unique sets is counted here. I am 95th in sets but I am 123rd in pieces. Most likely because re-sellers have their inventories listed in their collection or because more people have more duplicate large sets than I do.
    @samiam391
    That is quite a slim waistline you have got there, mister veterinarian.   ;-)
    Jern92gmonkey76
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,431
    @samiam391
    I've been cutting out carbs.
    YodaliciousShibSumoLegosnowhitieAanchirgmonkey76LEGO_Dad77
    I was on my way home today and I bumped into my local LEGO Store manager on the tube. We had a very lengthy conversion that lasted 45 minutes!
    catwranglerIceCreamCloneomniumClutchPower
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 735
    Adzbadboy said:
    I was on my way home today and I bumped into my local LEGO Store manager on the tube. We had a very lengthy conversion that lasted 45 minutes!
    So when is the Falcon coming out then? ;-)
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 496
    Adzbadboy said:
    You spoke to someone on the tube?
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 385
    I made Benny proud:

ClutchPowerJooTogstluxcatwranglergmonkey76FowlerBricks
    edited May 2017
    samiam391 said:
    @samiam391
    I've been cutting out carbs.
    I'll spare you the comment about shapely hips.  (@Bumblepants still has the most appropriate avatar photo ever.)
    TheBigLegoskigmonkey76
    redarmy said:
    Adzbadboy said:
    So when is the Falcon coming out then? ;-)
    Haha, I mentioned that a new one should be out this year and they have no clue about the set at all and that its been released.

Adzbadboy said:
    You spoke to someone on the tube?
    Well we both boarded a train for one stop so the majority of the conversation was outside the station. I can't imagine how hard that could've been on the tube itself!
    Now playing around displaying microfighters.

Not very happy with the end result on this one, but it was fun putting together nonetheless.
    On the right, there's a probe droid (or AT-AT poop; your call).
    On the left, a trench that's hard to see in the picture, two turrets, and yellow snow where the rebel troopers release themselves before battle.

I like them sitting next to their big counterparts, but the dust! Might try to get a baseball-sized case to display them individually that way.
    stluxBumblepantsomniumIceCreamClonesnowhitieClutchPowerSithLord196UberbrickFowlerBricks
    edited May 2017
    ^ Oh, and the shield generator on the back/left; hard to notice in the picture.
    Got these two, whom are also the result of actually successfully feeling the CMF packs. 
    JooTogClutchPowerFowlerBricks
  • VenunderVenunder Grimsby, UK.Member Posts: 2,620
    All of series 17 cmf found. Except for the retro space warrior.
    I'm not sure I want him. 
    But I guess I will eventually complete the series.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,348
    ^ All I wanted was the rocket boy. Yes, for his torso. Got him at the weekend.
  • UberbrickUberbrick OregonMember Posts: 83
    edited June 2017
    Got these two, whom are also the result of actually successfully feeling the CMF packs. 
    Nice! I tried to find the one on the right at B&N, but their box only had less than a third of the bags left, none of which contained him.
    This set finally came in the mail(along with some Brickarms):

snowhitieFowlerBricks
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,894
    Finally got to read my copy of Blocks during the long, boring hospital trip, and I may do a bit of building on Clay's Rumble Blade before bed. 
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Based on recent purchases (and many past purchases), I'm start to wonder if a new name and avatar is in order. Something along the lines of "Iron Ma-gnificent" or "Tony Star-rific."
    VorpalRyucatwrangler
    ^ Shellheadelicious?
    YodaliciousVorpalRyustluxcatwranglergmonkey76
    edited June 2017
    Just realised (again), well I am still in denial (kind of) how totally out of control this hobby (addiction) has become. I have too much Lego, or actually too little space for it all.
    I find myself wondering lately more and more frequently: "what the hell am I doing?! This is insane. Unbuild Lego sets have been piling up everywhere. I should stop buying more sets, and perhaps consider selling some."
    SalamalexYodaliciousdatsunrobbieLostInTranslationMegtheCatvizzitorSithLord196
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 377
    ^ thinking the same...
    TheBigLegoskiSalamalexdatsunrobbieLostInTranslationSumoLegovizzitor
    Ditto... but who are we kidding?
    stluxSalamalexYodaliciousdatsunrobbieLostInTranslationSumoLegovizzitorOnebricktoomany
    ?! What are those cards? Is it a UK or Europe product only? 
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,418
    @JooTog the cards are from the UK supermarket Sainsburys. You got packs free when you spent a certain amount of money. 140 to collect. Is proving very popular among the children (and slightly odd adults) * of the UK. 
    *I am including myself in the slightly odd group. 
    bandit778OnebricktoomanyJooTogomniumsnowhitieJern92catwrangler
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,157
    Away  camping for the weekend. The village we're in has a toy shop. Anybody  need Galaxy Squad #70706 MISB for the rrp. They mysteriously have five sets on the shelf
    SumoLego
    TRU?  'Cause I can still get some Chima sets, as well.
    SprinkleOtter
  • VenunderVenunder Grimsby, UK.Member Posts: 2,620
    Just passed the million brick milestone. 
    Now I can slow down and be more selective with sets I buy.
    Who am I kidding? I still need "100"  sets on my wanted list.

Brickset is a support / enabling group for AFOL addicts. :)
    vizzitoroldtodd33IceCreamCloneVorpalRyuBumblepantsstluxcatwrangler
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,308
    ^ Wow!  That's impressive and makes my Lego status way less cool (but I'll share anyway).

Article in the Waitrose Weekend paper about AFOLs and one in particular.   Currently visiting the in laws who showed it to me excitedly and laughed at how the AFOL had a collection of about 50,000 pieces (not in a mean way, in a how ridiculous is it to have THAT much way).

I have more :S.  
    omniumSprinkleOtterVorpalRyuBumblepantssnowhitiestluxSalamalexlegonut80catwrangler
    50k?  They're just getting started.
    JooTogSprinkleOtterVorpalRyuBumblepantsstluxkhmellymel
    edited June 2017
    ^^ Just don't tell your in-laws. 
    khmellymelVorpalRyu
    bookmum said:
    @JooTog the cards are from the UK supermarket Sainsburys. You got packs free when you spent a certain amount of money. 140 to collect. Is proving very popular among the children (and slightly odd adults) * of the UK. 
    *I am including myself in the slightly odd group. 
    oh :( Me wanted some LEGO cards.

Thanks for the info. Enjoy!
    Guess now you need (or already have) an Ultra Pro binder to store the card ;-)
    300 000+ pieces in sets as of Brickset; that does not include the thousands of 1x1 trans-red round plates I have from PaB... when are they going to renew the wall? It has been ages since I have seen new pieces in the local stores.
    SumoLegoVorpalRyu
    oldtodd33 said:
    ^^ Just don't tell your in-laws. 
    I totally didn't, haha.
    VorpalRyuSalamalex

JooTog said:
    Guess now you need (or already have) an Ultra Pro binder to store the card ;-)

There's an album you can buy as well:

It's a bit of a faff to get them in and get the pages to sit nice tho.  I'd probably use a separate card album... i mean, if I had any cards.  My niece got hold of mine.  I have the album tho!

JooTog
    JooTog said:
    300 000+ pieces in sets as of Brickset; that does not include the thousands of 1x1 trans-red round plates I have from PaB... when are they going to renew the wall? It has been ages since I have seen new pieces in the local stores.
    The store in Orlando got rid of 2x2 tan tiles for 2x2 blood red tiles.  So not all change is good!
    @Venunder   What is your overall ranking on sets and how  many sets do you own? Just trying to gauge my sanity here.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,617
    SumoLego said:
    50k?  They're just getting started.

We have piece counts for 187 of your sets. You own 63469 pieces.

The size of your parts collection is currently ranked 16375th.

yeah, I'm definitely still far from the top.