Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 764
    @MaffyD I open pictures and images with Paint (comes standard with Windows), crop if necessary then resize before saving. I try to get all images down below 0.5M bytes.
    MaffyD
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,964
    Did #31048 Lakeside Lodge. Got it to go with my camping collection (CMF S16 Hiker and Friends Adventure Camp). Did it now because it was the box on top of my backlog pile. Stopped in the middle to see if I needed any of the bricks for my color collection (I didn't). That way I noticed the roof could be built before attaching to the cabin walls.
    The build was very detailed; TLG has a habit of that and I love it. The model did feel small though.
    The bed was covered in tiles so the figure wouldn't stay put when laid down on it. I expect that from minidoll sets, not minifigure ones. As with minidoll sets, I didn't use the tiles. However, I liked Slope 30 1x2x2/3 (part 85984) as a pillow.
    A flower in 2x2 round tile with hole (part 15535) was a great lilypad. I didn't like the same flower piece in a frying pan, presumably representing scrambled eggs. It looks nice but won't stay put, could get lost if the model doesn't stay level. Kitchen accoutrements in LEGO sets are often like that.
    The hinges were good to open the model for display and play.
    catwrangler
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 576
    Built #41231 Harley Quinn To The Rescue this afternoon after picking it up cheap on Amazon earlier in the week. I was disappointed with the sticker for the cafe sign on the main window. I'd convinced myself that I'd read somewhere that it was a printed piece. Other than that a nice little build.
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 939
    Just build #75112 General Grievous... very impressive.

Time stop saying "I am not into buildable figures" as I already have 5 and the scout trooper with speeder bike (another awesome looking set).
  • GremerGremer The Commonwealth of VirginiaMember Posts: 179
    Just finished the Capitol Building. It's a fantastic model, far better than I expected.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,703
    @MaffyD I open pictures and images with Paint (comes standard with Windows), crop if necessary then resize before saving. I try to get all images down below 0.5M bytes.
    Yeah, I know. I am exclusively on mobile when I'm on the Brickset forum. Image resizing apps are clunky and non intuitive to use. Again, my apologies.
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413

Built #75166, really love this army builder set, going to pick up a few more.

Picked it up from Smyths before which had quite a few of the summer sets out (no bounty hunger battle packs unfortunately) 
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    mmozzano said:

Built #75166, really love this army builder set, going to pick up a few more.

Picked it up from Smyths before which had quite a few of the summer sets out (no bounty hunger battle packs unfortunately) 
    * bounty hunter even! Dame you lack of edit time. 
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 446
    I got a really good deal on a sealed #4479 so that is what I built today. This completely my original TIE variant collection. 
    JooTogIceCreamClone
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,450
    After a full BH Monday clearing the junk of the LEGO room floor I finally got round to building something at 9pm!

Great little build, I've since pushed the third leg in a bit more so he isn't leaning backwards!
    dspigel
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 352
    Any guesses?
  • Rsa33Rsa33 USAMember Posts: 156

My 2nd fav modular that I have built thus far, beautiful build.
    dspigelsnowhitie
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 352
    One of the best builds I've done. 
    dspigelRsa33snowhitie
  • Robbzy88Robbzy88 Member Posts: 20
    I thought only one model could be built at a time, I think not TLG ;)

dspigelsnowhitie
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 857
    Not my build, but my wife's. Imma take credit a little though because it was a gift I got her.
    mustang69stluxRsa33snowhitieSumoLegoLegoPegasister2015
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,060
    With all the trending tweets /hashtags surrounding the first views of theOld Fishing Store set and the release of the Apollo Saturn V which seems to have everyone's attention, I thought I'd have me some of this Ideas malarkey for myself and start building.............

I'll catch up with the rest of you eventually.  :)
    snowhitieGothamConstructionCo
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171

Bag #1 and #2 complete
    snowhitie
  • IceCreamCloneIceCreamClone Chicago-ishMember Posts: 70
    Built the #70164 I got at Toysrus today. Very impressive build, especially for $30!
    catwrangler
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 953
    edited June 2017

A bit of a milestone for me; first decent build since I managed to wreck myself last April.  It's Mortesv's GR-75, 865 parts and 167 different types - the attention to detail is nothing short of incredible.  Hopefully I'll have a fleet similar to @ecmo47 eventually! 

Step 1-41 completed (of 300!)....

bandit778khmellymelsnowhitiestevecook132catwranglerdspigelMrGudzbluedragonGothamConstructionCo
    I built this tonight - it's a lovely little plane with sleek lines and elegant proportions:

#31047 - Propeller-Plane
    pharmjoddspigelcatwranglersnowhitie
  • KerreKerre In a bar, under the sea.Member Posts: 411
    #21309. If you have a preschooler running around, you can subcontract bag 9 as it's not complicated and a bit repetitive. Win-win!

dmcc0stluxBumblepantssid3windrbluedragonsnowhitie
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,758
    MaffyD said:
    I built this tonight - it's a lovely little plane with sleek lines and elegant proportions:

#31047 - Propeller-Plane
    Agreed. I found it fun to mod that so that the props don't hit the ground on takeoff and landing by lengthening the landing gear, and fixing it so they don't swing too far forward. I also got rid of the studs next to the canopy with 1x3 red tiles.
    MaffyD
    Today I downloaded the UCS Star Destroyer instructions and threw this guy together with bricks-on-hand. Sadly I didn't have the white slopes, so this is a little grungier than in Ep4.

LEGO_Dad77bluedragonstevecook132catwranglerOnebricktoomanyRsa33
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,889
    ^ looks like current white shade variation to me. :P
    BumblepantsMaffyDSumoLego
    ^^ That's the only version of the Tantive IV in my collection! Need to build it sometime...
    SumoLegoOnebricktoomany
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 774
    edited June 2017
    No space for anything substantial at the moment, so built a couple more microfighters. #75073 & #75129
  • The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 162
    ^When I first saw this, I thought you had 4 MOCs and a cup of coffee. Then I was a bit surprised to spot the 5th.
    sid3windrstluxRecce
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,060
    Geoff really should have checked out the surrounding area on tripadvisor before booking up the lodge for his fishing trip.

#31048 was a fun little build and continues the adding to my 'making no sense' diorama that hasn't as yet totally peed the missus off. :)
    stluxSprinkleOtterMaffyDVorpalRyuBumblepantssnowhitiecatwrangler
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    ^Looks like exactly what happens every time I fast-travel in Skyrim. I always seem to teleport into the middle of a fight between a dragon and some random bandits or orcs. There's also usually a moose around somewhere and goodness knows what else. Maybe I need a mod that turns horses into landspeeders?
    bandit778Bumblepantsstluxcatwrangler
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,899
    edited June 2017
    Just finished Miro's Tiny AT-AT MOC and a quick base to display it on.

Lovely little build, I have bits on order for his Princess Leia and R2-D2 as a result.
    That is excellent. You have a link to wherever you can get or buy instructions?

Edit:
    Nevermind. Found it on rebrickable.
    stevecook132
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 242
    Just building up my anxiety because I haven't heard from TLG since I ordered the Saturn V on June 1st. :-(
    I just finished #8038. It took me 2 nights but it was worth it. This set looks awesome and really captures the scene.
    bandit778stluxDeeC2_JoshYo_dAsnowhitieMegtheCatLEGO_Dad77Johnyk668blogzilly
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 915
    ^When I first saw this, I thought you had 4 MOCs and a cup of coffee. Then I was a bit surprised to spot the 5th.
    They're builds of local delights. You can get the free instructions from below.

http://www.brickfinder.net/2017/06/03/lego-singapore-food-culture-mini-build-instructions/
    stlux
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,287
    Thanks for the link to those instructions @Kerre.

I built #42065 RC Tracked Racer last weekend. This is actually the first Technic set I have ever put together.
    This time I had actually ensured I had enough batteries prior to building, so I was able to immediately race it. Motorised WALL-E approved.

Now I need to convince one of my friends to also get one, so we can have an actual race...

bandit778stevecook132dspigelSpeedman29sid3windrsnowhitiecatwranglerblogzilly
  • KerreKerre In a bar, under the sea.Member Posts: 411
    ^Extremely likely you mean @Recce, stlux. Thanks for bringing those most excellent food builds to my attention though!
    stluxricecake
  • pillpodpillpod Member Posts: 273
    I recently finished my 11th MOC Mini Modular build. I have another few in the works coming soon. 

Switchfoot55ecmo47dspigelBumblepantssnowhitiesid3windrcatwranglerLEGO_Dad77
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    ecmo47 said:
    Here's some lousy photos of the overall fleet. It's my first crack at getting things adjusted for BrickFair, Virginia. It gives me an idea of how much space will be needed (it's currently crammed into 8x3 feet!) and adjustments that need to be made (like all black stands).

Well, you'll be easy to spot at Brickfair!
    Drool! I'd love to build that hammerhead.
    I built a number of battle packs plus a TIE and a V-Wing. It's a great way to de-stress after work.
    starwars4ever
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    Only if they will give me the space! I asked for 8 feet but will bump the request up to 12 as I hope to have more ships by then. Will you be there?

@Astrobricks:

Here the ebay link where I got the plans. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182494109279?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Looks like the seller dropped the Rogue 1 variant for some reason. 

Here is a Hammerhead that is bigger and more detailed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Dmarkngs-Hammerhead-Corvette-Instructions-/122447574052?hash=item1c8271b424:g:dHEAAOSwpkFY8XfD

SprinkleOtter
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Working on finishing up a Batcave MOC for Brickworld-Chicago next week. Holy cow, less than a week until I'm in my yearly LEGO heaven!
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    ecmo47 said:
    Only if they will give me the space! I asked for 8 feet but will bump the request up to 12 as I hope to have more ships by then. Will you be there?

@Astrobricks:

Here the ebay link where I got the plans. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182494109279?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Looks like the seller dropped the Rogue 1 variant for some reason. 

Here is a Hammerhead that is bigger and more detailed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Dmarkngs-Hammerhead-Corvette-Instructions-/122447574052?hash=item1c8271b424:g:dHEAAOSwpkFY8XfD

They're generally fairly willing to work with people on tables- just tell them ahead of time (imagine the looks if you showed up the day-of, with 12 feet of models!)

I'll definitely be there. Look for me at the Go Fish booth.
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 915
    The parts for Miro's R2-D2, R5-D4 and Leia have been arriving over the last couple of days, its been a pleasure to put them together :-)

Nice builds indeed!

My B&W R2s done back in Jan :)

stevecook132stluxbluedragonRsa33catwrangler