Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

TRU New City Sets

mackrelmackrel Member Posts: 75
edited April 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
TRU has the new City Marina, Boats, and Space sets on there website. Has anybody seen them in the store yet?

Comments

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    None in the Sacramento, CA area, and no PotC either. The stores told me they are expecting a shipment midweek that may contain some new sets, so hopefully they will be available during the sale.
  • SbowhiveSbowhive Member Posts: 8
    The Space sets ar avaible in German stores
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,732
    ^ Assuming you're referring to Alien Conquest, I must say that I'm looking forward to these much more than PotC..... Can't wait for these to appear in the UK.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,732
    edited April 2011
    ^ Those City Space sets have been out for months now, so no real reason for @sbowhive to mention it now unless for whatever reason they've been lost in transit to German stores and only just appeared !
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    ^ Because @mackrel asked and @sbowhive decided to answer the question. @mackrel is probably in the United States, where these sets have not yet hit the retail shops. If you're in the United States you wouldn't know that the sets are out in Germany unless someone told you.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,234
    Nothing new and interesting in NoVA yet either. I'm very much hoping to leverage this sale on the new sets. :o/
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    @Yellocastle: Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. I hit 3 TRU today in the St. Louis area today. None had the new sets. At the last store, I ran into a Lego rep who was putting out new product, none of which were any of the new City or Kingdom sets. She showed me the official retailers catalog so she could be sure which sets I was talking about. She told me that those sets were not slated for release until August (which means Late June probably). When I told her that they were on the TRU website she told me that that was probably a limited release for some sort of marketing test. Anyway, not sure if she knew what she was talking about, but she did tell me that she had not yet seen the sets and they had not been delivered to the store.
  • mackrelmackrel Member Posts: 75
    Those reps are actually merchandisers and I have spoken to them before and sometines I don't think they even work for LEGO. At least the one I have run into. Getting information out of them is like pulling teeth. The TRU by me said that they are getting a truck in on Thursday and to check back. So don't give up.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,655
    Yeah, considering they were on the site, but either not available or no picture was even loaded I would not hold my breath.. besides after getting my Maersk train sets and spending money on BOGO50 I could use a breather to be honest....lol
  • typocorrectotypocorrecto Member Posts: 197
    They are now in stock online in the USA. Just ordered 4642 Fishing Boat, 4641 Speed Boat, and 4643 Power Boat Transporter.
  • GV357GV357 Member Posts: 7
    no marina though :(
    Yeah...I'm not really a fan of the new Marina or Harbour set.
  • EthanistherockEthanistherock Member Posts: 1
    There is currentyl free shipping online so you might as well order from the computer. You will only pay for the handling, but will you will save a trip and a lot of time.
  • 50missioncap50missioncap Member Posts: 96
    Just got the new fishing boat - the only one I really liked... also picked up the prisoner transport to get the BOGO 50% deal... Really dig the fishing boat. Will look great with the new light house island...
    I want the Harbor set, not the Marina.. It looks 'juniorized' to be honest (although the price is not bad) I think this will be a slow City year, with the exception of the 3677 train, if it exists.
  • mackrelmackrel Member Posts: 75
    I want the Harbor set, not the Marina.. It looks 'juniorized'

I agree...It looks odd.
  • TalasAntaresTalasAntares Member Posts: 124
    I'll also agree with you guys- the marina looks weird. Will definitely buy the harbor though!
  • romdamromdam Member Posts: 136
    Harbor is nothing great either. Where is the dock? So the road is on the same level as the water?? Confused and not liking it. The marina? Where to begin on that dreadful thing...
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    Saw the fishing boat in Appleton WI TRU yesterday. It wasn't there on Thursday night, so they must have restocked overnight. That was the only new City set other than the space shuttle set which I've seen there before.

I was hoping to find some of the new Kingdoms sets, but no luck. They did have quite a selection of PotC sets, but they've already added the 10% TRU markup (although the shelf tags didn't reflect the correct price yet on Thursday, but they were scanning at the higher price).
    edited April 2011
    They have added more sets...
    LEGO City Harbour (4645)
    LEGO City Space Center (3368)
    LEGO Creator 3-in-1 Lighthouse Island (5770)
    ...and more...

Here's the link:
    http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?s=A-ProductAge&fbc=1&f=PAD/Brand+Name+Secondary/LEGO&view=all&searchURL=false&categoryId=3696486&fbn=Brand+Name+Secondary|LEGO&pg=1
    edited April 2011
    @typo: Thanks!!

Nice.. I still like the Harbor (not at 90 bucks) but will wait until a BOGO
    Same with the Lighthouse.. not crazy about a $40 price tag, but it has the light brick and they will probably be on sale.. It looks like the 3368 looks like an update to an earlier shuttle launchpad set (The set number escapes me at the moment)
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Anyone seen them in TRU bricks and mortar in the Midwest? I have been searching the St. Louis area to no avail. Afraid that the storms that come through over the weekend may delay it even further.
  • TalasAntaresTalasAntares Member Posts: 124
    edited April 2011
    I looked at multiple TRU's in the last week or so (Green Bay, Appleton, and Bloomington, MN) and did not see any of the new sets. But knowing my luck they showed up the next day...
    edited April 2011
    In Illinois, Chicagoland area:
    I have only seen the Lego fishing boat/yacht at a TRU by me, that was on Friday, whereas another TRU did not have jack...
    I have one good TRU by me that has two aisles of Lego and seems to get A LOT of the good stuff in (like all the Pirates stuff including the Queen Anne's Revenge... DURING a BOGO which was mind blowing AND the little train track repair vehicle) and a bunch of TRUs that NEVER have anything, or have a ton of Lego SW but not much else and only 1 aisle of Lego (why only one when Lego Clearly has to outsell most of the other stuff in the joint Ill never understand)
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,714
    Has anyone seen these in the UK?