Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• steinbriquesteinbrique germanyMember Posts: 26
    congrats !
    Bumblepants
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,237
    Congrats @Bumblepants!

You don't already have enough Duplo lying around from Lil'Bumblepants #1 through #3?
    Bumblepants
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,421
    Congrats!
    Bumblepants
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,529
    Congratulations on the new addition to the @Bumblepants family!! Hope mum and baby are doing well. 
    Bumblepants
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,472
    Congrats @Bumblepants
    Bumblepants
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,202
    Awww big congrats @Bumblepants
    Bumblepants
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,612
    Congratulations @Bumblepants! I knew I couldn't be the only forumite mad enough to have 4 children. Have fun getting to know your newest little builder.
    BumblepantscatwranglerClutchPower
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,997
    @Bumblepants - congratulations from me too! :-)
    Bumblepants
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,939
    edited May 2017
    Thanks everyone! @stlux No, we got rid of all the Duplo. Moving around the world a lot makes it not worth keeping plus #3 graduated to regular Lego at about 1.5 because she was so intent to do what the others were doing.
    MaffyDstluxsid3windrYodaliciousSumoLegocatwranglerClutchPower
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ That sounds like my #2. He still likes the Duplo occasionally, but at 20 months is more interested in system stuff because of his older brother. (Um...and his dad.)
    Bumblepantscatwranglergmonkey76
    "Duplo is for babies" - my daughter at 2 years old.
    stluxBumblepantsSumoLegosamiam391catwrangler
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,272
    Moving onto the next build...

SumoLegocatwranglerSeijiAmasawaClutchPowerDroneLegopantsTheBigLegoski
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,166
    All of those pieces and only four wagon wheels?  Very intrigued.
    Also cutting the baseplates to size apparently.... :o ;)
    SumoLego
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,814
    This week I saw some of the new City Jungle sets! I'm still disappointed you can't get the big cats in a smaller set, but they are very appealing. My local Toymaster had those and a lot of other new sets, and no matter how much I like to see this stuff online, it does add something to get to look at and handle them in real shops! 

Also picked up my first ever issue of Blocks; I needed a treat for a lengthy hospital (day) visit in a couple of weeks, and the press release on the main site really piqued my interest. 
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,233
    Congrats @Bumblepants!  And Happy Birthday @Legoboy :-)
    LegoboyPitfall69ClutchPowerBumblepantsstlux
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,425
    Got my #21309 Saturn Five today from Walmart to celebrate the mile stone of landing on the moon and that put me past another mile stone of owning 700000 Lego pieces in sets. 
    Legopants
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,272
    edited May 2017
    The parts list asked for yellow.

The instruction manual used tan.

Slightly miffed to find that the two didn't match up, thus another order to BL was made.

Thus, the build will remain like this for a few days while the order ships leaving @sumolego and @sid3windr a few more days to ponder where the wagon wheels might go and whether or not I actually am using scissors to format the baseplates (of course not, that'd be a sin!). 

snowhitieBumblepantsLegopantsSumoLegosid3windrClutchPowercatwrangler
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,878
    A day late but congratulations to @Bumblepants! I'm sure little Bumble will bring you much joy (and extra Lego later on).

@Legoboy good nobody forgot your cola bottles!

Mlas to my own lego-status, my husband and I celebrated our 9rh anniversary yesterday and for the first time I asked to wait for my gift since some cool stuff comes out on June the 1st.
    Bumblepantsbandit778stluxPitfall69ricecakeSumoLegosid3windrcatwrangler
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,968
    @snowhitie 
    Congratulations on your 9th anniversary. Me and Mrs Bandit778 celebrate our 10th today (still wind the wife up about getting married on the 30th anniversary of Star Wars) :)
    Just to make the post on topic, my status is that I'm glad I don't live in Spain with a Lego hobby as damn it's expensive here.  
    BumblepantsstluxPitfall69ricecakesnowhitiecatwrangler
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,038
    ^A cunning ploy to make sure you never forget the date?
    bandit778stluxSumoLego
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,380
    @Bumblepants        @Legoboy           
    Congratulations         

@samiam391                     
    Happy building!
    What kind of building is it going to be? Hope you will post some pics of it when you are finished. Really curious to see the end result.
    BumblepantsSumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,166
    samiam391 said:
    ...leaving @sumolego and @sid3windr a few more days to ponder where the wagon wheels might go...

That's clearly a base for a 1/20 scale CMF S3 Samurai.
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,865
    SumoLego said:
    samiam391 said:
    ...leaving @sumolego and @sid3windr a few more days to ponder where the wagon wheels might go...

That's clearly a base for a 1/20 scale CMF S3 Samurai.
    i would have said "the white house" my self.
    dougts
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,353
    Its been a polybag kinda day.....

....pre-ordered a couple of the Battlepods and got the City one free. When I went to collect I grabbed two more and a CMF I needed I got the Friends one. Got home to a parcel from @SeanTheCollector with R2-D2 in it.

Super happy now, less pleased that it seems I was had by an Amazon seller over the Technic BMW, but should get the money and vouchers back from that. Just need to hunt out a cheap #42063 now!

LegopantsClutchPowerTheBigLegoski
    Got back in jolly old blighty this afternoon to a couple of nice e-mails saying I have some Lego sets waiting that have been delivered to my work place.
    I'm going to have to wait till Monday to pick them up though, not going anywhere near work this week. 
    Congrats @Legoboy, May seems to have been a popular month to have gotten married in.
    You'll have to let me know how you get on with the Silent Mary set you got for your birthday as that is the next planned purchase (probably even more so after tomorrow when I go and see the new film with the missus). :)
    Might have to wait until Tuesday, unless you're working on Bank Holiday Monday @bandit778 !
    omnium
    @Speedman29
    Unfortunately, where I work bank holidays are just another day at the office.
    edited May 2017
    Been there, done that for a decade, thankfully left that world behind. At least you'll have something to do while everyone else is out enjoying the sun rain!
    bandit778

Just got back from the cinema. Really enjoyed the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Definitely going to be getting the Silent Mary set as I think it is a remarkably good version of the ship. I do think there was a missed opportunity with this film to do a whole fleet of ships.

(If you haven't seen the film do not read the below... you have been warned!)

A new Black Pearl and a non cursed version of the Flying Dutchman from the end of the film would have been excellent ships (done at the same scale as the Silent Mary) to add to the POTC fleet.

Legoboykhmellymel
    Out with my daughter and a bunch of her friends (and their parents) to Continium Discovery Center in The Netherlands for a little bit of science and a lot of "World of Bricks" Lego things. That was fun!

Passed by the Lego store on our way home (actually a 45min detour) for a bunch of CMF17 but they didn't have most of the ones I wanted :(

Let's try that again next thursday... :-)
  • legodad1legodad1 New ZealandMember Posts: 48
    Spent an hour yesterday afternoon helping 5-9 year olds build Lego fidget-spinners at our Friday Kids' Club. The silver and orange striped vests of construction minifigures look particularly good when spun. Thanks to Jangbricks for the inspiration!
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,038
    ^Well done Adeel. Persistence pays off. Next stop - Lego employee? :-)
    AdzbadboyLegoboykhmellymelClutchPowercatwranglersnowhitiericecakeBJ21
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,321
    edited May 2017
    JooTog said:

One girl in particular picked #31056 Green Cruiser... had the hardest time building it; she was looking at the picture of the main build on the box while following the instructions for the truck... by the time I noticed she had already given up :'-D
    you would think building lego would be easy.
    a few years ago, while I was still in my grey age, we had to build a technic model. there were 2 or 3 different models, I was given the largest one, I think it was #8264. wasn't a problem, I was apparently the best builder. a girl had to build the smallest one (possibly #8296-1 ) and she had a hard time. but she completed it, even though it took several hours.
    ^      
    Those are probably the same 'type of' people that find building e.g. IKEA furniture too difficult too.
    edited May 2017
    Quite a good day, wasn't planning on getting any Lego today but after managing to score some TLBM battle pods from Toys R Us, whilst meandering round Peterborough town centre, popped into The Entertainer toy shop and found a couple of #5004930 accessory packs as well.  Happy bunny!    :)
    stlux
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,233
    ^      
    Those are probably the same 'type of' people that find building e.g. IKEA furniture too difficult too.
    Truth.  My boyfriend can't do either Lego or Ikea.  And it's not like he's got no experience, at least with Lego - he had tonnes of it as a kid.  But as an adult it's like he's lost all... something.  I do all the Ikea furniture in the house too, haha.
    BumblepantsSumoLegoTheBigLegoskistluxsnowhitieClutchPowerricecakeSalamalexlegonut80
    @khmellymel           
    That is quite curious isn't it, that people loose such abilities!? I know of medical stories where people not only loose but sometimes also gain certain skills/talents after neurological trauma, and they all of a sudden become very musical or have become very good at drawing etc. B.t.w. I am not suggesting you should whack your boyfriend in the head in the hopes that this will all of a sudden turn him into a 'Master Builder'. Who knows perhaps it is just convenient ..... for the both of you; you love building Lego and IKEA furniture, and he loves you loving that .... or something.

----------

Most of my last [email protected] order arrived yesterday, which I built this morning, and this was in it:

I ordered two SW microfighters for the R3-M2 astromech, but those were not included, and also 10 CMF's. I got eight unique ones, which I think is pretty good. I have an extra rocket boy and an extra highway man (good doubles/spares for trading or keeps I think). To my surprise I really love the Chef/Patissier! More than I anticipated anyway. The Elf, the Frenchie and his dog, Rocket-boy (off course!), and the gladiator, are really nice too. So are the Veterinarian and the robber. Can't say the same about the strong man, I think he is the weakest of all sixteen figures from this series, they should have given him a hairpiece. I think the vertical brown stripes on the astromech droid are positioned rather odd (even though according to pictures they are where they are supposed to be). Still I am really super happy with this new SW 'minifig'.
    snowhitieLegopantsClutchPowerFowlerBricks
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,612
    Belated congrats to @snowhitie @bandit778 and birthday greets to @Legoboy ! There's a lot happening this month. Again, I have been rather... preoccupied by rl stuff, so haven't been on here much. Anyway, currently looking forward to quite a lot of Lego building, which I will share (yes really, I mean it this time) on the appropriate thread! Have fun guys.
    snowhitiebandit778ClutchPowerIceCreamClonecatwrangler
  • gandalfthebrickgandalfthebrick Member Posts: 40
    Happy to have added a few more signed frames to my collection :) 
    samiam391GothamConstructionCoMegtheCatClutchPowerFowlerBricks
    Good start to the working week. This little lot was waiting for me at work this morning.

You will have to excuse the Meerkat but couldn't resist it.
    stluxSpeedman29Bumblepantssid3windrIceCreamCloneSumoLegoClutchPower