Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Initial Thoughts on 2012 LEGO

13»

Comments

• MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    edited February 2012
    Sorry folks, confidential images had to go. I'd have thought you knew better Dan *tut tut* :o)

EDIT: Ninja'd... Anyway, they got removed.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    From Eurobricks:

10226 Sopwith Camel:
    Elements: 883
    Release Date: June 2012
    Price: 84.99 GBP
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    @matthew - the image above also has a confidential stamp, right over the namdaemum gate itself - not easy to notice at first!
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Sorry bout that. Am trying to do this from my iPhone. I didn't see the conf stamp until I zoomed in on one of the pics to test it.

Anyway, I think these are two of Adam's better sets. I was about to give up on him. :) Prices are not bad as well - relatively speaking.

• MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    Not a problem, no harm done.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    I had heard about most of the others, but not New York Cab! I hope they do it in the scale of VW Bus and VW Beetle. That would be so cool to display!
  • Blue1dotBlue1dot Member Posts: 78
    Can't wait to see the NYC taxi. I hope it's a classic Checker Cab not whatever they are now, Ford Crown Vics mostly I think, plus vans, and smaller less gas guzzlers.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    edited February 2012
    Found some great video of the new 2012 sets. Includes City, Star Wars, LotR, Super Heroes, and Monster Fighters.

http://www.youtube.com/user/brickshowtv (Scroll down list)
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    So... up until that skiff video, I hadn't noticed how unbelievably bad Luke's new torso looks. Bummer.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    Anyway, I think these are two of Adam's better sets. I was about to give up on him. :)
    Big Ben appears to have been designed by someone else.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    I am loving those figures from Jabba's Palace!!
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ Oh, you're right. I hadn't even read the text until now. Interesting.
  • wertyjjwertyjj Member Posts: 64
    I think the Sarlacc is worse than the old one from Jabba's Sail Barge.
  • wertyjjwertyjj Member Posts: 64
    The sand castle on seaside house is a bit to big.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    Nice find, they do a very good job of getting in-focus closeups, probably lots of experience from their shows. I like the Space Invaders video game being played on one of the computers for the Hulk set...good stuff. :)
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    400xx series are seasonal polybags, so don't get too excited. Maybe SOL is for 4th of July holiday in US? Not sure what the taxi would be for...
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 731
    I'm hoping for anything to do with Pixar. I think it would be cool if they revive Toy Story to go with the new shorts, Hawaiian Vacation and Small Fry.They could also do sets from the Buzz Lightyear TV series. Also more Cars and maybe even Cars TOONS!!!! Maybe they can use bits from the POTC sets to do sets for there movie next year Brave or at lest for Princess Merida sets in a Disney Princess line. Or in 2012/2013 Monsters, Inc./Monsters University sets (I'd love to see a Lego Mike) Maybe eventually they can make sets from previous Pixar films like The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, WALL-E, Up, Ratatouille and A Bug's Life.
    I did LEGO Pixar stuff on Cuusoo. http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/14603
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Well for all the complaints about the sets released in 2012, it hasn't helped our budget!! We concentrate on city and construction. Today's trip to the Lego Store reaped the Sopwith Camel, the Mine, Big Ben, VIP minifigs, and minifig display.

To top it all off, we just couldn't resist set 901 in a good condition box and some vintage Lego from CL and another 30+ lbs of bulk from yet another CL ad.

Ya gotta love payday!