Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Does anyone have Batman Battle Pod #5004929?

Comments

• LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,093
    Making light of 79 deaths and 140 injured to get a few likes = not funny. Grow up!!!
    LostInTranslationShibBumblepants
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    I have to agree with Legopants. I know not everyone will agree and will say we're being oversensitive but personally I don't think it's cool to use footage of a real life tragedy just to make a flippant comment on the Internet. 
    (I believe the video is of the horrific train crash that happened in Spain a few years ago). 
    ShibLegopants
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 344
    @Legopants @LostInTranslation, thanks for pointing that out guys, I had no idea....any way to delete posts?! Please accept my apologies, I meant no offense.
    sid3windrPitfall69LostInTranslationLegopantsBumblepantsgmonkey76MAGNINOMINISUMBRAGoldchains
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,367
    I just won one on eBay for $32 and $6 shipping

did I do good??
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,453

CM4S said:

I just won one on eBay for $32 and $6 shipping

did I do good??

Better than I did...lol
    piratemania7pharmjod
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 734
    ^^ at Tyres...i'm not going to take the moral highground..i don't need to..a deaf,dumb and blind man could see that you weren't making light of what happened that day...seems to me a wee bit of knicker untwisting required...
    TheFewdatsunrobbiesid3windr
    I find it ironic that @TyresOFlaherty pointed out that I am a thread derailer (which I am, of course) , but ruffled some feathers, which I am notorious for. 

Anyhoo, I am overly disgusted with myself for spending that much on my Battle Pods. Oh well :)
    TyresOFlahertygmonkey76piratemania7CM4SMynattsid3windr
    That irony wasn't lost on me either, @Pitfall69. :)

I also can't believe I spent that much on my Battle Pod, either... but I'm glad I did!
    Listen guys, would you have rather overpaid for an expensive Lego set? Let's say you paid full retail for a UCS B-Wing and then they went on sale for 50% off. Paying $10-15 more for a Battle Pod isn't that bad if you think about it.
    TyresOFlahertyBumblepants
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,055
    edited April 2017
    Pitfall69 said:
    How about a row with Barney?

(Nobody has a paddle or an oar, and why is the wheel in the bow of the boat?  Clearly that vessel is not seaworthy!)

How about a row with Barney?

gmonkey76Pitfall69Bumblepantssid3windr
    Or, I could blow your mind, instead.

GoldchainsTyresOFlahertygmonkey76Pitfall69bandit778Bumblepantssid3windrricecakeSeijiAmasawa
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916

Pitfall69 said:

Listen guys, would you have rather overpaid for an expensive Lego set? Let's say you paid full retail for a UCS B-Wing and then they went on sale for 50% off. Paying $10-15 more for a Battle Pod isn't that bad if you think about it.

Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy =D
    Pitfall69MAGNINOMINISUMBRAsid3windrSumoLego
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,894

MaffyD said:

It helps if your other half is interested in something equally frivolous. Every so often I regret having a shared bank account (for more reasons than just the obvious one), but in general I think openness and inclusion is the way to go. YMMV however!

I can confirm this! Imagine my joy on holiday in the Netherlands when I discovered a basket of Eric de Noorman comics from the 50s outside a secondhand bookshop at €5 a pop! My partner was demurring over which ones to get and I went, "Look, later this year *I* am getting the Fisherman's Hut. You just saw copies of these in a museum the other day! You are on holiday! BUY THEM ALL!!" 

It was €120 well spent, in more ways than one... 

sid3windrYodaliciousMaffyDsnowhitie
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    I finally bit. $37 from Bricklink. I can deal with that.
    TyresOFlahertycatwranglerCM4S
  • exciter1exciter1 Member Posts: 226
    Now I don't feel too bad for picking up a couple when I was at Legoland a few weeks ago.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,147
    As a whole, I feel like the "lust" behind all the Batman Movie sets has declined since February.  I mean, I get it obviously, but I remember I was incredibly excited about these sets.  Still am don't get me wrong, but the hype has definitely deflated.
    SeanTheCollectorMynattBumblepants
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ I think part of the reason is because they're so readily available. Well, not the Battle Pods necessarily, but I walk into the Walmarts in my area and the shelves are packed. I think I mentioned it on here already, but I'm amazed at the shear number of the $20 and under sets they carry. I've never seen more than maybe 10 of a specific set on the shelves in any store in my area. Some of the Walmarts still have 25+ of some of the TLBM sets on shelves.
    SumoLego
    I remember there being a similar number of sets and stock available of the Lego Movie theme.  No licensing fees - so it is all profit.
    Yodalicious
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 1,006
    edited May 2017
    Been telling myself for a while once the price goes under $35 for US and not shipping from Asia, I'll bite.
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 975

SumoLego said:

I remember there being a similar number of sets and stock available of the Lego Movie theme.  No licensing fees - so it is all profit.

Keep in mind that even if licensing fees didn't apply for The Lego Movie, they DEFINITELY would for The Lego Batman Movie, considering every DC comics character in the movie and the sets is licensed from Warner Bros.

That said, those characters might presumably all be covered by the ongoing DC Super Heroes license (despite the sets not necessarily being branded as a part of that same theme).
    edited May 2017
    I think you also have to account for Lego's licensing fees that DC has to pay for the privilege to have their product in the Lego medium.

Licensing agreements are very specific contracts written by exacting attorneys that are tasked with reserving as many rights as possible for potential future profit centers.  Only poorly written agreements allow for products to get made that are not specifically delineated in an agreement.

(Sometimes we forget that there can be just as much value the 'other' way.  Lego could have passed on a Batman movie and just focused on their own themes.)

Thus, why there are no Fantastic Four toys.  And probably why there are no Lego.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,367
    38 freakin dollars later

TyresOFlahertyMynattYodalicioussnowhitie
    @CM4S Welcome aboard! If it makes you feel any better you spent $7 less than I did!
    CM4S
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 765
    @CM4S I recently paid £22.50 for my Battle Pod. Unfortunately, I'm kinda reluctant to open it unless a get a second one! But I do feel better with one in hand. :)
    CM4STyresOFlaherty
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,520
    Traded for mine, but still would like a second, and hope still that these appear somewhere else in the US as part of a TLBM movie release promo or something
  • floridabrickfloridabrick Central FLMember Posts: 158
    I unexpectedly found myself within 10 minutes of LL FL yesterday.  Going in with low expectations, sure enough, promos for Star Wars Days were put away and unavailable until the weekend.  But instead - with a $30 purchase at the Studio Store, they were giving out Battle Pods!  Either they're just trying to get rid of them (would be very surprising), or this was someone's decision to bridge the gap between these 2 Star Wars Days weekends.  Meaning I would expect them to continue the promo until at least Friday. 

I know, unless you're local this news is useless and probably annoying.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    When I was in there they had hundreds in front of me and I suspect they had hundreds if not thousands more in the stock room behind.  I'm not sure how hard they'd be trying to give them away though as like I said before, they didn't do me any favours despite offering to spend a lot of money on larger sets.
    floridabrick
  • InfinitymanInfinityman United StatesMember Posts: 123
    I will be at LL FL in two weeks - hope they still have pods available!
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,733

I will be at LL FL in two weeks - hope they still have pods available!

Get enough for everyone please! Pretty Please!
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 1,010
    After a few weeks of very few of these listed on eBay UK at a reasonable price, all of a sudden there's been quite a few listed this weekend at around £16. 

Any reason for this 'flash sale' (their words)?

Ive just bought one so you can guarantee toysrus will be giving them away for free next week with the latest sets' release.

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,520

LuLego said:

After a few weeks of very few of these listed on eBay UK at a reasonable price, all of a sudden there's been quite a few listed this weekend at around £16. 

Any reason for this 'flash sale' (their words)?

Ive just bought one so you can guarantee toysrus will be giving them away for free next week with the latest sets' release.

Guessing that LEGOland Discovery Centers are promo'ing them now, maybe?
  • playwellplaywell UKMember Posts: 2,235
    Good spot I was looking a few days ago and thought they were starting to go up in price again.
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171
    I thought the same thing, I got one for £15 which I may happy with even if they do come out as a freebie soon. Got all the Batman Movie variants now!! Yippeee 
    LuLego

ateague said:

I thought the same thing, I got one for £15 which I may happy with even if they do come out as a freebie soon. Got all the Batman Movie variants now!! Yippeee 

My feelings too -  it's that balance price point: it's a must have so don't want to miss it  but I won't be too annoyed if it becomes a freebie now. 
    TyresOFlaherty
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,460
    Aaaand they're gone? :) :(
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,703
    Has anyone seen these in UK Toys R Us stores? I believe I saw a post online saying they had them for £7.99? I called up two stores but neither had them yet.
    sonatine01
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,382
    £6.99 in uk toysrus, confirmed in northampton store, hopefully show up elsewhere and maybe online, free with a £xx purchase ?
    iso3200madforLEGOsonatine01GothamConstructionCo
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,703
    Thanks @roxio for clarifying, hopefully they show up soon.
  • playwellplaywell UKMember Posts: 2,235
    edited May 2017
    So we have gone from should I buy one for £40 to should I buy one for £6.99 or wait for it to be free. A lesson learnt here, for me that's lesson was with #5002145
    sid3windrpharmjod
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,063
    Great news - thanks @roxio. Glad I held out.
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 361
    I'd like one of these too, any word on potential Canadian distribution?
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,764
    If they show up here in the states for $10 or less I will have to get a couple, as my grandson will love that clamshell container. Otherwise I'll just wait til I stumble across a used one.
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 1,062
    Ditto.
  • Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 880
    Well I just got one from ebay for £16 this morning which I was quite happy with and Just to be on safe side. But If they'll be available at Toys are Us I may get some spares 
    Yay! Batpods for all!!! 
    I can't find it on toysrus website tho.
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 782
    @roxio were they already in Northampton, as that's my closest store, or if not did they say when they'd have them ?
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,733
    If anyone finds them, please please please please please buy enough for us all (or at least just me)!
  • FodderFodder AustraliaMember Posts: 343
    Can anyone in the UK post one to me....?
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,093

roxio said:

£6.99 in uk toysrus, confirmed in northampton store, hopefully show up elsewhere and maybe online, free with a £xx purchase ?

I rang Mummy and Daddy this morning to ask whether they'd be popping into Northampton at all (about 10 miles away) and whether they could check the Battle Pod situation at TrU.
    They rang me back a few moments ago. They'd been into Northampton - the store does indeed have the Battle Pods in stock and there are plenty of them! £6.99 each. They got me 7 :-))
    MegtheCatbandit778gmonkey76madforLEGOpharmjodsnowhitie