Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.
Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
Recent discussions • Categories
Forum rules and code of conduct (v1.4 May 2017)
Everyone hates rules but unless we have them the forum will soon descend into chaos. This first version of the rules has deliberately been kept short but will be revised as and when needed.
- The most important rule that MUST be obeyed is that the forums are for people aged 16 and over ONLY. This is because we have to comply to child protection legislation. If you are under 16 you are welcome to read the forums, but you must NOT join.
- Treat others members with respect and as you would wish to be treated yourself.
- This forum can be read by people of all ages so bad language will not be accepted.
- 'Trolling' and using language that is defamatory, racist, sexist, bigoted, homophobic, etc. is not allowed and will be treated as a very serious offence.
- Ensure your messages can be easily understood: bad spelling, grammar, 'leet' speak, txt abbreviations etc. are to be avoided.
- Don't post personal information about anyone, and think carefully before posting it about yourself.
- Images in messages should be kept to around 400x300px. Larger ones can be attached to messages but not displayed within the message body.
- Don't post memes, animated GIFs, silly videos and other non-LEGO related content in categories other than off-topic
- Do not post links to, or attach to comments, images that bear a 'Confidential' watermark.
- Brickset is funded through affiliate marketing, so discussion about other sites that operate affiliate schemes, particularly those that offer an advantage to the buyer (cashback etc.) is prohibited.
Avatars and signature blocks
- Animated avatars will be deleted.
- Signature blocks must be plain text, and no longer than one line in length.
Use of forum accounts
- The creation of multiple accounts is prohibited, particularly when done as an attempt to bypass an administrative action against you, and may result in your IP address being blocked which will prevent you from viewing the forum altogether.
Have fun, and obey these simple rules to ensure everyone else does as well.