Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Bring 3D LEGO creations to Brickset!

jlengletjlenglet NYCMember Posts: 3

Hi everyone,

My name is Jeanne and I work at Sketchfab, the leading platform to see and publish 3D content. We have a community of 900k artists who posted a bunch of awesome LEGO 3D models.

I would be curious to hear your thoughts about showcasing LEGO models in 3D. Do a lot of you use LEGO 3D design softwares (like Ldraw or LDD?) to build your MOC?

It is really easy to embed our 3D viewer everywhere online - like a Youtube video - and I'd love to make that happen in Brickset as well! (If an admin reads this message, he/she can contact me directly to make it happen)

Cheers

Jeanne

Comments

• FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,505
    there are 3D views of some models. for example : https://brickset.com/sets/70905-1/The-Batmobile (click on 3D view)
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    The current 3D views are powered by Mecabricks.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,755
    Indeed they are and I can't see enough official ones at Sketchfab to make it worthwhile integrating them into the site at the moment.
  • jlengletjlenglet NYCMember Posts: 3
    Thanks I looked at Mecabricks they have a cool tool indeed ! @ricecake and @Fauch
    We just partnered with Stud.io to add Sketchfab support  so we'e going to see more official models in the future. Sketchfab is integrated natively in Facebook and Twitter and we're currently the only way to display 3D content in social media.
    We're going to organize contests I will keep you updated if brickset community wants to be a part of it! @Huw
  • RottenikkenRottenikken NetherlandMember Posts: 49
    "Do a lot of you use LEGO 3D design softwares (like Ldraw or LDD?) to build your MOC?"

I use LdrawCAD to draw instructions. Take a look on this - super program and freeware. It it is easy to use. Here I make my 8859 Revival 4WD. (MOC comes for download in a month)

• jlengletjlenglet NYCMember Posts: 3
    Thanks @Rottenikken I will definitely check it out!