Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Early release for Saturn v...

Comments

• BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 355
    I've been tempted to cross the border to get my hands on some of your LEGO but I am always repelled by the Indiana smell. That is effective protection. :)

On topic: I was telling myself this model wasn't a day-one purchase, but now that I have a discounted gift card, that may change. 
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    I've got a ton of VIP points burning a hole in my pocket,  ill be using them all on this the day its released 
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,275
    edited May 2017
    That's OK... :-)   Could be worse... you could be from Ohio!  ;-)

• mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 329
    Fun fact about Ohio they have sent more people to space than any other state or province in the world guess the place is that bad they decide leaving the planet is better than living there lol... and I think that's about as on topic/off topic as it's gonna get 
    dougts
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,966
    Steering things vaguely back onto topic, when was the first ever LEGO sausage, and was it brick-built?
    catwrangler
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    I'm not from Indiana, but I doubt it's that bad. 

Then again May is my favorite time of the year because of the events in and around Indianapolis.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055

Istokg said:

That's OK... :-)   Could be worse... you could be from Ohio!  ;-)

mh3490 said:

Fun fact about Ohio they have sent more people to space than any other state or province in the world guess the place is that bad they decide leaving the planet is better than living there lol... and I think that's about as on topic/off topic as it's gonna get 

"There's nothing wrong with Ohio, except the snow and the rain."

- Bowling For Soup
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    #565 was one of my first and favorite lego sets
    Oldfan
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,489
    ^^ BTW @Istokg, the 801 link needs to be #801-3 to work right. 
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Given LEGO's track record of underestimating the demand for some of the IDEAS sets in the past, I think I'll be picking this one on the release date. I would really hate to not have it and I'm willing to risk missing out on a slight discount down the road to make sure that I get one.
    catwranglermadforLEGOBumblepantsAdeelZubair
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,275

^^ BTW @Istokg, the 801 link needs to be #801-3 to work right. 

That's more of a habit for me to use a '#' in front of a set number... since that's how I reference them in my online collectors guide...  I wasn't intending to reference the set in the database, since I already showed the image.... ;-)
    @AllBrick I think the sales will be launched on day one anyone want to bet how fast it will sell out? My bet 2 days 
    bobabricks
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171
    Just spoke to local Lego store and they said the Carousel is available today for VIP access and they should know this week if the Saturn will be getting the VIP treatment by the end of this week...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,765

Adzbadboy said:

SMC said:

^ 21104 Curiosity Rover sold out very quickly but Lego didn't have much invested in the set, no new parts colour change parts or prints. So they could do a small run and cover the cost of the set. In this case they have to cover the cost of making parts in new colours and all the printed parts. I think the key will be who sells this set. If other shops are selling it too then I think it will be ok, if it sells out there will be another production run. But if Lego are the only ones selling it all bets are off and it could sell out and not return although I think this is less likely to happen now than in the past.

I was told by a LEGO Brand Store manager that the #21104 - NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover wasn't even available in LEGO stores, it had such a limited run they couldn't send them to all the stores around the world; therefore it was only available online.

I'll be waiting outside my LEGO store on June 1st knowing that it will be selling extremely fast. However I don't think it will have the same production run as #21104, I'm sure it will be available for a couple of months at least.

#21104 sold out quick in the USA. But in the UK it was available for three full months online - January, February and March 2014. I know as I waited until March to double up with the Martian Manhunter polybag promo.
  • PmhPmh netherlandsMember Posts: 128

No idea that this set was coming,i don't follow lego every day anymore.

This set is like my dream set,the ultimate rocket for someone who has been building lots of lego rockets (including the moonlander) in his childhood. And it is so cheap!!! only 120,i still cant believe it. At least 150 or 200 would have been my guess based on the picture and piece count.

This will be a day one purchase,my first in a long time. Will be watching lego shop for the coming days/weeks every day. Can not wait!:)

CircleKbluedragonthedingman5catwranglersnowhitie
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 534
    The more I read about this set the more I want it :P
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,966
    I want it to be June already.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,012

ateague said:

Just spoke to local Lego store and they said the Carousel is available today for VIP access and they should know this week if the Saturn will be getting the VIP treatment by the end of this week...

I got an email this morning from [email protected] to tell me that Carousel is now available for VIPs, just to confirm. I doubt if Saturn will be VIP access if we haven't heard by now, with 2 weeks to launch date.
    ERRR MY GODDD!!! 
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,489
    ^^ So I tried two B&Ns tonight on the off chance...
    No luck. When I asked about it at the Mall of America store, the guy didn't know what a Saturn V was. No clue.
    CM4S
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842

mh3490 said:

@AllBrick I think the sales will be launched on day one anyone want to bet how fast it will sell out? My bet 2 days 

My local Lego store usually sells out of new releases on day one unless its a crappy set. For instance, the Slave 1 sold out half an hour before the store opened when the manager came out with a clip board, but on the other hand, I think the Assault on Hoth sets that are currently on the shelf are still from May 4th 2016.
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 765
    Everyone's making me nervous now about how long this set will last! I must have it but I wasn't planning on getting it straight away. Now I'm wondering if i need to stay up till midnight on 31/May so I can place my order before the stock runs out! :)
    nwr122
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,765

samiam391 said:

Walked into Barnes and Nobles looking for Series 17 and walked out with this instead.... 

Thrilled! So check your local B&N and maybe you'll get lucky too!

Who damaged the box?

GalactusLEGOFan2
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    edited May 2017
    ^^^^^^ Hey, I thought you were done collecting. You better send that on over to me! 
    LEGOFan2
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,457
    edited May 2017

Everyone's making me nervous now about how long this set will last! I must have it but I wasn't planning on getting it straight away. Now I'm wondering if i need to stay up till midnight on 31/May so I can place my order before the stock runs out! :)

You could do that, except Lego doesn't put things online at midnight, and then for the next 6 hours after it finally shows on [email protected], it will not allow you to check out due to a bucketload of errors being thrown at you. Trying to buy it at 8am will be a lot better for your health.

I do somewhat hope they start off with a max of 1 per person for launch day.. :)
    Rainstorm26OldfanSeanTheCollectorcatwrangler
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171
    Shows at 5 per customer at the moment! 
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,380

ecmo47 said:

^^^^^^ Hey, I thought you were done collecting. You better send that on over to me! 

Is that the voice of reason?

Shhhhhh.
    stluxUberbrickSumoLegopharmjodGalactusMynatt
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    By some miracle I have managed to get June 1st off work so I can go to the Lego Store to snare my Saturn V.

(My co-worker is constantly taking Sundays as "personal" time, forcing me to work for him, but this time it has payed off).
    Legoboysnowhitie
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    Saturn rocket available for $119.99 on Wal-Mart.com now if you don't want to wait.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Ideas-21309-NASA-Apollo-Saturn-V/55231379
    DedgeckoBuriedinBricksmadforLEGO
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 287
    Use TRIPLE15 discount for another $18 off if you can.
    snowhitie
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,150
    edited May 2017

mak0137 said:

Use TRIPLE15 discount for another $18 off if you can.

Where do you put the coupon code at Walmart, because I cannot find the place to add it.

Ahhh, so apparently IF you use the 2 day shipping, which tacks on
    another 15 dollar shipping fee, you supposedly can use this code, but I
    still cannot find anyplace on their site that allows you to enter the
    code. Apparently those on Slickdeals are telling that this is a targeted
    promotional code only.
  • BoomstickBoomstick IndianaMember Posts: 247
    I bought one. I don't want to wait. Says I will have it Wednesday. So I should be able to blast off by Thursday morning and land on the dark side not long after.
    I would buy right away, but now wondering if these could be at a lot of retailers, meaning it could also be discounted at some point to more around 99.99. That said Ill likely still buy one, but through LEGO as I will use some VIP points to drop the price to around 100 USD.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,380

I would buy right away, but now wondering if these could be at a lot of retailers, meaning it could also be discounted at some point to more around 99.99. That said Ill likely still buy one, but through LEGO as I will use some VIP points to drop the price to around 100 USD.

Famous last words before you pay over $200 for it next year when it's retired and sold out everywhere ;)
    SumoLegoBillyBricks84pharmjodbandit778
    Same here Boomstick ordered mine and got the 2 day free shipping guess I don't have to deal with FOMO... lol 
    Boomstick
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 762
    I'm in the UK, but if Walmart are stocking these then surely there will be plenty to go round.

samiam391 said:

Famous last words before you pay over $200 for it next year when it's retired and sold out everywhere ;)

Like I also said, Ill likely still buy one through LEGO and use VIP points to get it down to 100. ;-)
    Sold out on Walmart.com already
    Yep certainly appears that even though readily available through multiple retailers there is a limited quantity for each 
    Just glad I snagged mine. I also collect diecast planes and it was even brought up in that forum how everyone was buying one. Will be interesting to see the space race to get one.
    Ya i agree and I owe a big thanks to @pharmjod i just tracked my package should be here in the afternoon 
    pharmjod
    Well mine just arrived and man the box is so crisp I almost hate to open it. 
    BuriedinBricks
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    Kind of wish I had just bit the bullet and ordered from Walmart seeing how fast it sold out there. 
    prevere
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 316
    Right now Wal-Mart's website says the product is no longer available, so it's not even listed as Sold Out.  I don't know if I should start worrying yet or not...
  • pookiepookie Member Posts: 156
    I'm thinking if Barnes and Noble + Walmart is selling the Saturn v set then it should be wildly available? 
    Bumblepants
    It could have been removed because they released it to Early and we're told to wait until the 1st.