Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Toys Я Us Deals

Comments

• Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,784
    This is up on the TRU site. note the fine print:
    "Parental supervision required at all times for minors." That means non-minors can participate.

starwars4everSeijiAmasawa
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,376
    Don't think this has been mentioned

They're all at RRP at that store too.
    Bumblepants
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,301
    ^ I think something's missing (at least for me).
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    edited May 2017
    ^ Missing as in you don't get her comment?  If you aren't familiar with TRU's practices, they generally mark stuff up at least 10% when they have sales "claiming" 20% off (or the BOGO40 sales).
    madforLEGO

graphite said:

^ Missing as in you don't get her comment?  If you aren't familiar with TRU's practices, they generally mark stuff up at least 10% when they have sales "claiming" 20% off (or the BOGO40 sales).

Missing as in I wasn't seeing the picture before. It shows up now.
    Had anyone actually gone to the build yet? Are they actually letting adults do it?
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 204
    I registered for my two kids and the TRU staff didn't have a problem with me getting the two sets even without them present (the kids were at my in-laws).  The funny thing is that the staff didn't know about the registration.
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 441
    I went and got one.  I didn't have a child with me and they asked me if it was for myself or someone else.  I didn't mention that I registered for it but reading between the lines, the worker's tone made it sound like they intended it for children (not surprised).
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,416
    I registered, but they didn't ask about it. They were prepackaged and were just handing them out to anybody that wanted them kids or adults.

josekalel
    josekalelmadforLEGO77ncaachamps
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 228
    Here are the instructions, if you need it.

josekalelDedgeckomadforLEGO77ncaachampspreverericecake
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,248
    Yeah, was there, could have gotten it, but was more interested in the CMF 17 box and getting rocket boy (and getting a gift for my friends' daughter's bday tomorrow
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,715
    My local TRUs have a few cases of Disney CMFs and S16 CMFs and TLBM CMFs.  Time to mark those suckers down to $1.99 and get S17 out there!

(Because I need more spares.)
    ClutchPower
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ There's a new TRU in my area that has so many Disney CMFs it's mind blowing. 
    SumoLego
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 928
    Several deals to be had this morning, though not sure how long they will remain in stock, especially the #75103 at $41.99

Infinityman
    TRU is doing some L% off sale right now.. well 20% after you remove pre-sale TRUs markeups
  • spepperspepper Davie, FLMember Posts: 149
    Scuderia Ferrari truck #75913 @ $65.99  Why are they doing this to meee...
    77ncaachamps
  • pookiepookie Member Posts: 155

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean Silent Mary 71042 on sale Amazon and Toysrus $168.69

DeeC2_Josh
  • Bluepilgrim3Bluepilgrim3 N.H.Member Posts: 15
    #75175 (latest A-wing) on sale for about 14% off msrp. 

https://t.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=107531866

pookie said:

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean Silent Mary 71042 on sale Amazon and Toysrus $168.69

Thanks, but still not a good enough price for me (especially if Amazon does not put it in a shipping box but just slaps a label on it). For me to be in on this it would need to get down to 140-150. It is interesting though to see an 'exclusive' be on sale this quickly, unless LEGO made limited quantities (which would make sense as it is a one off set for a movie not likely to stay in the theaters long)
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,871
    If you have been buying 15-20% off gift cards when they pop up on ebay you can get this down to nearly 30% off. I'm waiting till it closer to 50% off with or without giftcards.
    77ncaachamps
    Stopped in today and found they had 20% off Star Wars sets (excludes hard to find). Picked up my Series 4 Microfighters. 
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 145
    The TRU by me had #75096-1 marked down to $44. I had a cash voucher for $16 after cashing some change at a kiosk. They had a General Grievous #75112-1 for $20, but I got the Sith Infiltrator instead.

77ncaachamps
  • datkiddedatkidde Member Posts: 108
    Buy one get one 40% off for Friends, Nexo Knights and Minecraft. Some sets are already on sale too.
    thedingman5
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 204
    edited May 2017
    Got the #75167 Bounty Hunter BP at my closest TRU today.  They also had #75166, #75178 and #75183.  Also, I'm not sure if there's still a sale going on, but I got 20% off it on top of the Thursday 10% TRU card discount.
    DeeC2_Josh
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    Just came back from my local TRU.

No #75166 or #75183 on sight, but they had #75182 and #75532.

The 20% off on Star Wars set is marked to last until tomorrow May 20.

I am not into the buildable figures (though I do have a few) but I grabbed #75532. It looks really great on the box and the speeder bike chase is one of the highlights of Ep 6 for me.
  • DeeC2_JoshDeeC2_Josh SoCal Member Posts: 63
    When in looking for #75167 today. It was the only new Star Wars that wasn't on the shelf of course. Saw #75191 there, if it wasn't 100 bucks it would have come home with me. 

When in looking for #75167 today. It was the only new Star Wars that wasn't on the shelf of course. Saw #75191 there, if it wasn't 100 bucks it would have come home with me. 

Ah man, I didn't realize it's $100 and a store exclusive. Is this the TRU standard markup or retail?
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    Spotted the following LBM at my local TRU:

#70914 Bane Toxic Truck Attack
    #70915 Two-Face Double Demolition
    #70917 The Ultimate Batmobile

Do not recall the price of the sets; took a picture but my phone crashed and it did not save them :-(
    US TRU have an online 15% off code MAY15 good through 5/29, but of course it isn't good on LEGO Hard to Find.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,296
    It works on new Star Wars sets 
    ^ Which are probably all above RRP, natch.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,296
    ^ Which are probably all above RRP, natch.
    Not online. They are MSRP online
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 587
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but my Toys R Us had a handful of Silent Mary's in stock last time I was there. Forgot to take a picture, but they were $199.99. They had Brickheadz and some of the June 1st stuff as well. No good deals, so didn't buy anything, but I was surprised to see all these. They were the only things in the store with no TRU tax though. Samurai X cave is $140, which is crazy. Really hope that goes on sale at some point soon.
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 565

I dont think I will ever be able to understand how Toys r Us prices their speed champions. Some are at the normal price of $15 but others are $16,$17, and $18. What gets me is that sets such as the Mercedes are at a different price DESPITE BEING ON THE SAME WALL. Can't understand why they can't all be the same price.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,435
    Mynatt said:

I dont think I will ever be able to understand how Toys r Us prices their speed champions. Some are at the normal price of $15 but others are $16,$17, and $18. What gets me is that sets such as the Mercedes are at a different price DESPITE BEING ON THE SAME WALL. Can't understand why they can't all be the same price.
    Newer sets usually get the MSRP tag.

Older sets get the TRU bump.
    Mynatt
    Got the McLaren today. Then they pulled the rest off the shelf because street date June 1st. 
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 709
    Lucky! I went in too and grabbed it, only for them to say "oh, we actually can't sell this yet..." :(  And this is the 4th or 5th time in under 2 years this particular one has pulled that stunt. I'm pretty tired of it.
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 315
    Just got a coupon in the mail 15% off any one item good thru june 
    ^ Not valid on Lego Hard to Find I assume?
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 315
    It does not specify @Astrobricks so i assume if its in store its fair game
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,376
    ^Read the back.
    gmonkey76
    The one I have says that on the back.
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    Does anyone know if the new Apollo set is "hard to find". I want to use my 15% coupon on it but the coupon excludes hard to find sets
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 928
    ^The Saturn V does not appear to be listed in the "hard to find" section of the TRU website (listed under "Ideas", but YMMV based on the variance in their in-store policies.  I know that I have personally used coupons on Ideas items in the past.
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    edited June 2017
    What coupon!?  Targeted??
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    Dedgecko said:
    What coupon!?  Targeted??
    Every month(maybe couple of months?) I get a little catalog and it has a couple attached to it. This time it's 15% off. Before it has been better and once it was for some useless product only.