Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

US May 4 LEGO Store Promotions

2»

Comments

• Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Interestingly enough, the sets I was interested in were in sale. Toss in the R2-D2 and half my Christmas shopping for the kids is done since they don't mind the re-re-re-releases (and no, that's not a stutter).
  • LEGOCollector2504LEGOCollector2504 Member Posts: 30
    Best deal I found was $11.99 for the imperial trooper battle pack. Seems like a crummy sale this year TBH. 
    77ncaachampsprevere
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,062
    Sale items are up, but you may also have to check the Star Wars section at [email protected] and not just the Seals and deals
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    Managed to make my order online, but will still visit the Lego Store tomorrow to see what else, if anything, is on sale.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,062
    edited May 2017

MegtheCat said:

Managed to make my order online, but will still visit the Lego Store tomorrow to see what else, if anything, is on sale.

Yeah, wondering if the stores will have something extra on sale. Since my GF wanted stormtroopers this was a good time to get some of the battle packs and get the R2-D2 while I was at it, so not great, but not bad. Was tempted by the Y Wing set, but wish it was an OT themed one.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    edited May 2017
    Ordered Yoda's Starfighter and the AT-ST to come in just over the $50 mark. Not a bad combo of sets and the price is pretty good for both. Order appears to have been submitted ok...we'll see how long it takes to process.
  • UberbrickUberbrick OregonMember Posts: 83
    Just filled my order! :D Since I recently bought the Arocs and the Porsche (blew the bank!) I could only purchase the Y-wing and 1 Imperial Trooper Battle pack. Final price = $55 (after applying $5 VIP reward)
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,364
    Did my order but I forgot to look and see if I got double VIP points.

I read that the Battle on Scarif set (which I bought) and the Y-wing get 50 additional points? I'm worried they weren't added. 
    @CM4S seriously? Man, I knew I should have ordered the Y-Wing!
  • LegogramLegogram PA USAMember Posts: 320
    The double points and 50 additional points were showing in my points total for this order.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,171

Ordered Yoda's Starfighter and the AT-ST to come in just over the $50 mark. Not a bad combo of sets and the price is pretty good for both. Order appears to have been submitted ok...we'll see how long it takes to process.

Did the same. Also placed a second order for the UCS Snowspeeder using $60 in VIP points. Two R2s, no problems with web site. I notice Luke's Landspeeder is out of stock already.
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    @CM4S I read that somewhere, too, but it is not listed under VIP promotions on [email protected] 
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    I just tried to look at the Star Wars theme under sets and it was just bringing up the sales page. 
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    At this moment I cannot excuse a +$50 purchase...the good thing is that there aren't that many sets I would be interested in. Amazon also has some better deals, too. 

Happy May The Fourth!!!
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,922
    I think I'm just going to snag an R2 from eBay or BL. That Snowspeeder could end up discounted like the UCS TIE.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 989

josekalel said:

At this moment I cannot excuse a +$50 purchase...the good thing is that there aren't that many sets I would be interested in. Amazon also has some better deals, too. 

Happy May The Fourth!!!

Agreed.  Some smaller sets I would not mind having and I really want a #30611 but think I will hold off and wait since [email protected] is already OOS on some of the microfighters I wanted.

I just tried to look at the Star Wars theme under sets and it was just bringing up the sales page. 

That sounds like normal (mis)behavior for the site. Their filter function does stuff like that all the time.
    gmonkey76
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795

~
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795

Bah I can't get a picture to work grr...

~
  • spepperspepper Davie, FLMember Posts: 157
    Homing Spider Droid and Rex's AT-TE are the only sets available in [email protected], the rest being constraction figures. All other sets are either backordered or out-of-stock, even the ones not on sale.

Either having problems in their warehouse supplies, or sale went waaay better than expected!
    Wow. Even Insult on Hoth is on backorder. Only 10 SW sets left in stock and one is a watch. Guess people reeeeealy wanted that R2.
    TXLegoguycatwranglerBuriedinBricksSumoLego
  • HeliumbunnyHeliumbunny WisconsinMember Posts: 3
    And here I thought I was being paranoid for rushing for some battle packs right after midnight.
    BuriedinBricksMegtheCat
    That's crazy. I'm really glad now that I went ahead and placed an order shortly after the sale went live.
    MegtheCat
    I see now the number of available items is up to 30. 
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 545
    I hope they at least start letting you place a backorder for the OOS items while the free R2 is still available!
    Or... an option is to try price match in target/toys r us. I just got #75141 in target for $15.99 (reg. $19.99)
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,948
    (Ah, but you get no promo and no double VIP points.)
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 989

SumoLego said:

(Ah, but you get no promo and no double VIP points.)

Haha what a great point. Breaking even in the end, but I suppose value is in the eye of the beholder. 
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 545
    The sets I wanted to buy are likely to go on sale at other retailers sometime in the future but the R2 poly is what I'm really after and the 2x VIP points lessen the blow a bit.
    edited May 2017
    ^^^True, however still to take in count if you want some of the small sets discounted, right now. Give and take...