Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,739
    There's one in that mess of yellow bags obscuring the couch on the left.
    Bumblepantsbandit778
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731

Venunder said:

^ You need a Big Ben to go with that Tower Bridge.

Two Big Bens, right? I see two Tower Bridges.
    SumoLego
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,342
    Must be a lot of non-logged in users to bring in all that ad revenue for Huw!

On an unrelated note, I'm giddy for the rumor about a new fairground caroussel... I have just the spot for it in the middle of my city/fairground (where I actually wanted to MOC a bumper car thing)....
    Lego_Starmustang69SeijiAmasawa
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 383
    I don't know if pictures containing Brickarms, Brickwarriors, and other third party accessories designed for Lego minifigures are allowed anywhere on the forums or what, but, I did take this shot just now that I thought someone over here would like to see.

Aside from organizing builds and modding that F40 in the background, as well as a Brickarms order and a Bricklink order Friday, and, a Brickwarriors order today, the other thing I did was take this shot of the five minifigures I like to call my covert ops. All the guns, as well as the ninja's headgear, are from third parties. Everything else is official Lego.
    ClutchPowerTheBigLegoskibrumey
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    status

SumoLego said:

I should probably clean my garage.

Anybody interested in a Sydney Opera House?  (My electric leaf blower is not available.)

hmmmm need more room to display set's that's what you need.
    if you have a guest bed room, you dont need it tuen it in to a display room :)
    SumoLego
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    Some positive press for our LUG in the local paper!

Some cringing every time I read the use of "legos" in that story. Oh well, can't get everything right.
    eggshen
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 266
    Finally picked up the DS Sanctum Sanctorum... Just wish I could have got it online for VIP points before it sold out, but seeing as it's retiring and I missed the 25$ Ant-Man set for my MCU collection I refused to let this one slip through my fingers as well. So I hit up the specialty story that was the only place to have it in stock physically in my city, for some reason the LEGO Store that recently opened a year or two back doesn't seem to stock much of the store exclusives.
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 784
    Opening a box of Series 17 CMF. Really liking this series.
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 365

sid3windr said:

Must be a lot of non-logged in users to bring in all that ad revenue for Huw!

On an unrelated note, I'm giddy for the rumor about a new fairground caroussel... I have just the spot for it in the middle of my city/fairground (where I actually wanted to MOC a bumper car thing)....

Was just reading about this on Eurobricks. I really hope it's true it's a Carousel and it looks at least somewhat as nice as #10196. We got the Ferris Wheel last year and this would be a great companion.
    sid3windr
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,904
    @snowhitie, your city folk need to be careful, the Imperials appear to have landed behind the shops and may be setting up a garrison. ;)

mustang69stluxSumoLegosnowhitie
    Finished building Doc Strange's set today. Not a bad design overall, the colour choices make it blend in so nicely with Big Bang I could imagine someone MOCing a way to put this one as the apartment above Sheldon's. Love the fact that it never happened in the movie also, because it means we can maybe see more fun sets when the next film hits, really want a Wong and Dormammu next time.
    ClutchPowercatwrangler
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    Taking a few days off from LEGO as I am in PA this week for work.
    Might visit the local stores to see if I can find "treasure".
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,904
    Had a really enjoyable weekend building the Speed Boat and the Helicopter from #31039 and am now having a more pedestrian approach to the build of the Jet Fighter (work, sleep and such like make this a bit of a necessity).
    Really enjoying the build and as sets go, this has been one of my favourites in terms of bang for my buck and build techniques.
    What I don't understand is why, every time I sit down to build the plane I start humming that bloody Berlin song from Top Gun, it's driving me nuts. :(
    Legoboyomnium
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695

SumoLego said:

I think I got that covered...

I think not.   Where's #4002016 - 50 Years on the Track?   Poor.  Very poor.
    Switchfoot55ClutchPowerbandit778SumoLego
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,431
    ^Is the tiger in the bottom left an official set? 
    SumoLego
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,232
    Just place a $60 order on Bricks & Pieces. Let me just say, ouch, but it has saved me on a quite a few expensive BrickLink orders...
    BumblepantsCoolguy5000SumoLegocatwranglerClutchPowerxiahna
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,215
    All LEGO purchases have been put on indefinite hold after I took my ageing VW camper to  my bodywork man to be evaluated for some rust repairs, lots of new panels and sections and bottom half respray that are due to cost more than a MISB UCS Falcon!

Then I went on Amazon and realised that the #42063 , the last set in my 40th anniversary chassis list I need was down to £25, blink and you'll miss it as I got the last one, combined with a £10 voucher its a bargain compared to the RRP.
    Bumblepantscatwrangler
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,655
    ^ That is why the only VW Camper Van I own is made from ABS. Good luck getting it fixed!
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,215
    Cheers @Bumblepants it still runs fine and isn't anywhere near an MOT failure, just the fact its an ex California import thats been in the UK for a decade of British weather. Its too big to go in the garage, that and the fact our 70s VW Beetle lives in there as well.

Spent a little too much at The LEGO Store today. Got Lashina's Tank, the Creator Fountain from 2016 and Ravager Attack. Apparently the sale on DC Super Hero Girl sets ended, but the employees forgot to remove the red tags, got the tank at the sale price because of this.
    JenniClutchPower
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,179
    I went to the lego store today and got my first brick separater. Bit surprised they hadn't got series 17 CMF yet. 
    edited April 2017
    Legoboy said:
    I think not.   Where's #4002016 - 50 Years on the Track?   Poor.  Very poor.
    How did I know you were going to catch that omission?  They're photos from last year.  Notice the German Footballers, Disney, S16 and TLBM are also missing.
    Switchfoot55 said:
    ^Is the tiger in the bottom left an official set? 
    No, it's 'Mr. Kitty' that Mike Nieves created a few years ago.  (It was a gift.)  Mike is a genius when comes to these types of sculptures. Having to repair Mr. Kitty a few times really made me appreciate the engineering that goes into his creations.  
    https://flic.kr/p/aZvRw2

And I later bought the Mushu from him as well.
    https://flic.kr/p/nfEyzq
    stluxcatwranglertallblocktoo
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,831
    Got homebrew ingredients yesterday and made the first batch the same evening - if only I was that quick with using my building toy acquisitions.

Grrr.. noticed that i ordered just a bit too early for the damned mini beetle promo......

@masterX244

made a similar mistake last month, 2x VIP started on the 6th and I placed an order on the 4th

Legopants said:

(Before anyone asks, by "old" I mean series 2 of the reboot, not true old school Who :-)) 

It's not the same without Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker. And really poor special effects :-)

sounds like Star Trek TOS (back on topic, Trek MegaBloks is my only post dark age purchase of other brands)

• RedMarkRedMark UKMember Posts: 75
    #76075 Wonder Woman Warrior Battle. 
    snowhitieJennidspigelClutchPowerLEGO_Dad77
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,807
    A little bit of swooshing with the recently built #75128, really getting in the mood for Star wars day, Slave I is on the menu!

bandit778dspigelClutchPower
    edited April 2017
    RedMark said:

All I see is some DC Movie Exec saying - "that Giant-Man from 'Civil War' was SO COOL!  We must put one in our movies.  Shoehorn it in somewhere.  Um, how about Ares?  Yeah, what the hell we can make him laughably big..."

Reminds me of a story Kevin Smith tells of a giant robot spider from a Superman script that eventually made it into Wild Wild West.
    VorpalRyucatwrangler
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 667
    ^ The Jon Peters story. Saw a nature documentary and came to the conclusion that spiders were the most vicious killers on Earth.
    SumoLegoOnebricktoomanycatwrangler
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180

SumoLego said:

RedMark said:

All I see is some DC Movie Exec saying - "that Giant-Man from 'Civil War' was SO COOL!  We must put one in our movies.  Shoehorn it in somewhere.  Um, how about Ares?  Yeah, what the hell we can make him laughably big..."

Reminds me of a story Kevin Smith tells of a giant robot spider from a Superman script that eventually made it into Wild Wild West.

Riiiiight Sumo

.... because we've never ever seen nor saw the Grecian Gods depicted as Giants before. 

(Quit picking on the WB :P)
    RedMarkSumoLego
    edited April 2017
    I like to pick on the DC Cinematic Incohuniverse, because it's terrible for Batman.  It's preventing a follow-up series of post-Nolan Batman films.

And I dislike Superman.

I think you're missing my point on the giant Ares.  It's akin to the reworking of Suicide Squad into a makeshift Guardians of the Galaxy.  There's too much focus on the optics and not the substance.

I have little doubt that the storyboard for Justice League was a crayon drawing that says: Darkseid.  All of the foreshadowing that the MCU has with Thanos is non-existent in DCU.  But this is a rant for another day

Ares is BIG!
    VorpalRyuBumblepantsSprinkleOttergmonkey76catwranglerLEGO_Dad77
    Finished constructing Ravager Attack the other day, fun little set... Looking forward to picking the rest up during the promo. Also loving that Wonder Woman set, want it ASAP.
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,140
    edited April 2017
    Just learned that Sean Kenney's Nature Connects exhibition will be at  the Planckendael animal park in Belgium this summer (June 01 - Sept 17), so now planning a visit...
    sid3windrJenni
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 216
    edited April 2017
    Right now after reading about the #21309 Saturn V set and looking through the pictures on the front page, I have to figure out how to fit the set in my room, how I want to display it and what I'll have to move around to accommodate it.
    Legopants

stlux said:

Just learned that Sean Kenney's Nature Connects exhibition will be at  the Planckendael animal park in Belgium this summer (June 01 - Sept 17), so now planning a visit...

Same here, saw it appear on Facebook. 15 min drive for me.. ;-)
    stlux
    Cool @stlux, I drove past Planckendael last week and saw there would be a Lego exhibition but didn't realise it was that one.

Feel free to PM me when you go and pop round for a piece of cake or a curry ;)
    stlux
    Star Wars Weekend has begun...

starwars4everstluxBumblepantsbandit778nwr122ClutchPowerLego_StarGothamConstructionCoLEGO_Dad77
    Bit sad that my friend who I was going to Oberhausen with tomorrow called in sick.... :-( oh well. Lego podcast will get me through the drive ;-)
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,022
    This was my status for yesterday, and today too as it happens.

Hmmm, nice construction....

Hold on, is that?...oh please!!!...say my eyes don't deceive me...

(Centre of shot)

I dream of LEGO bricks... :o)
  • nwr122nwr122 GlasgowMember Posts: 126
    Parted out a pile of battle packs for a MOC that only exists in my head and hasn't got past the base plate yet

At least the army is growing
    LEGO_Dad77
    edited April 2017
    stlux said:
    ...Planckendael animal park...
    This is a real place?  I live in such a boring country where every street and town is named after some silly plant, rock or person named 'William' or 'John'.

And, given my current Disney immersion... this is what comes to mind when Planckendael appears.

catwranglersid3windrLEGO_Dad77
    & here was I, thinking that 2.9K of likes for 1,666 posts was alright... :(
    xiahna
    edited April 2017
    @snowhitie - that is an impressive ratio!

VorpalRyustluxbandit778snowhitieClutchPower
    @snowhitie  at 3.283
    @SumoLego at 2.249

& me....1.757 :(
    snowhitiexiahnaClutchPower
    @SumoLego I didn't realise you only joined 2 months ahead of me, you do post a tad more frequently ;)

@VorpalRyu don't worry 1,7 is still really good and it's not really a contest (although @pitfall69 might disagree).
    Still1,7 likes per message, and there are always messages that don't get any likes, when you are just giving information or something.
    VorpalRyuSumoLegoClutchPower
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Not really fair bit thought I would post my stats 

Makes me @5.112 of I am not mistaken.  

I am also a proud member of the 2011 club but then I have been around the internet since the dawn of time and still miss the days of dial-up internet and fall asleep not to the sound of waterfalls or african rainforest but to the tranquil sounds of the hayes modem connection sound.

VorpalRyubandit778snowhitievizzitorLegoboycatwranglerClutchPowertallblocktoo
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    @VorpalRyu One of my favourite sayings is - "if you compete with others then you become bitter, if you compete with yourself you become better" but having said that friendly rivalry is always fun.
    VorpalRyubandit778snowhitievizzitorcatwranglerClutchPowertallblocktooKingAlanI