Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF Series 17 - The Real One (2017)

1468910

Comments

  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 1,010
    UK found in Toymaster!
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    $3.99
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 734

    LuLego said:

    UK found in Toymaster!


    Which one sir?
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,680
    Zoiks!
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 1,010

    redarmy said:



    LuLego said:


    UK found in Toymaster!




    Which one sir?


    If you're in Aberdeen then it's just about as far away from you as possible!
    In Weymouth (holiday fun in a caravan).
    The young lad behind the counter acknowledged that they shouldn't be out yet but they had a massive Lego delivery in and seemed to be tripping over various Lego shipping boxes. 
    I'm tempted to go back in tmrw!
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 734

    LuLego said:



    redarmy said:





    LuLego said:



    UK found in Toymaster!






    Which one sir?




    If you're in Aberdeen then it's just about as far away from you as possible!
    In Weymouth (holiday fun in a caravan).
    The young lad behind the counter acknowledged that they shouldn't be out yet but they had a massive Lego delivery in and seemed to be tripping over various Lego shipping boxes. 
    I'm tempted to go back in tmrw!


    Thats ironically my place of birth...its a small world..
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,176
    Saw 44 bags in WalMart, first I've seen of that anywhere, wasn't expecting it so soon.
    Will wait til I see em at Target and at least get redcard discount. Might go back to WalMart when I have a better idea of what the rares are and how to identify them

    Mystery gimmick aside, Highwayman would go well with S16 Rogue in the Robin Hood division of my medieval collection. Elf for castle too, not sold on dwarf

    Frenchman for dog figurine collection, and vet even though she comes with a rabbit

    Maybe surfer for beach and rocket boy for space
    Maybe chef and hot dog vendor for stadium concourse if I ever work on that
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,361
    $3.99.
    madforLEGOMynattKingAlanI
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 745
    Each Walmart in my area has 2 boxes each.  Surfer seems to be the rarest....or maybe my bad luck.
  • TanDadTanDad WIMember Posts: 8
    Box distribution was reported to be the same by two reviewers (WhiteFang from Eurobricks and brothers-brick.com):

    3 each of:

    • Professional Surfer
    • Gourmet Chef
    • Veterinarian
    • Butterflies Girl
    • Rocket Boy
    • Dance Instructor
    • Elf Girl

    4 each of:

    • Sausage Man
    • Roman Gladiator
    • French Man (aka Connoisseur)
    • Battle Dwarf
    • Retro Spaceman
    • 80’s dude (aka Yuppie)

    5 each of:

    • Circus Strong Man
    • Corn Cob Man
    • Highwayman 
    Dedgeckocatwrangler
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,709
    Found the Highwayman at the local Walmart. Excellent minifigure, though all the secrecy seems a bit weird. Guess it was just for fun. 
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    I'm loving the silver pistols !!
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,709
    I'm pretty sure that they're exclusive to this figure, at this point. That alone is a good reason to get him! The cape is really nice too.
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    Nope, according to BrickLink the Flintlock in Pearl Dark Gray is also available in the Silent Mary set.
    xiahnaCaptainPirateManKingAlanI
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,709
    Oh okay. That makes sense.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    My central Ohio Walmart had a case in as well. Managed to grab 6 of the 8 extras I wanted while I wait on my MinifiguresPlus order to arrive. The display was already hit hard - no Highwaymen or Rocket Boys and there was only one Corncob and Retrospace Guy left. 

    Thoughts: One of the easiest series to feel for in recent memory. I tore through them in no time. This is also one of my least favorite regular releases in a very long time. Just a matter of personal taste I guess, but I really only liked 8 of the figs this time around. I think I may finally be experiencing CMF fatigue. Really impressed with the occupations in this series (Pastry Chef, Vet, Hotdog Guy) and the Retro Space Guy is fantastic. 
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    The torso (and sleeves) on the Highwayman look great up close!
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,306

    flord said:

    ^ How much are they? Batman CMF price or Series 16 price?


    Batman CMF in the UK, and AFAIK the Batman CMF price is the new standard.
  • samtheqsamtheq USAMember Posts: 47
    Today my TRU had a freshly-opened box.  Already had a set coming from MFPlus, so I felt around for a Corn Man for my daughter, who has a collection of all the costumed figs. 

    Anyhow, it wouldn't scan at the register, and the guy finally fiddled around and used a bar code from Series 16, then told his coworker to go and REMOVE the box, because they weren't supposed to be sold "until May 1" !

    So, lucky me, I guess...unless I had gone to Wal-Mart, and it wouldn't be a problem, from what I read above?
    josekalel
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    Seen today in a Scottish Tesco. Priced at £3, the Tesco standard for a £2.99 rrp

    Not in Whsmith or Smyths yet it would seem.
  • paul88paul88 Member Posts: 169
    anyone know what row the rocket boy is usually in?  I found a case at a walmart this day, but it was cherry picked for the rocket boys!  i think the person must have literally just bought the rocket boys and 2 corn cob guys because that is all that seemed to have been gone.  I took about a half hour figuring out who was who.  These are tougher to feel than I thought they would be though.  I just figured if I knew the positioning of the rocket boy, I could could save a bunch of time the next time I see a case.
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 906
    i found two at the back of the case but who knows, they are very easy to find
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,228

    paul88 said:

    anyone know what row the rocket boy is usually in?  I found a case at a walmart this day, but it was cherry picked for the rocket boys!  i think the person must have literally just bought the rocket boys and 2 corn cob guys because that is all that seemed to have been gone.  I took about a half hour figuring out who was who.  These are tougher to feel than I thought they would be though.  I just figured if I knew the positioning of the rocket boy, I could could save a bunch of time the next time I see a case.


    I'm guessing Rocket Boy is as easy to find as Corn cob guy How many Rocket boys are in the box?
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 305

    TanDad said:

    Box distribution was reported to be the same by two reviewers (WhiteFang from Eurobricks and brothers-brick.com):

    3 each of:

    • Professional Surfer
    • Gourmet Chef
    • Veterinarian
    • Butterflies Girl
    • Rocket Boy
    • Dance Instructor
    • Elf Girl

    4 each of:

    • Sausage Man
    • Roman Gladiator
    • French Man (aka Connoisseur)
    • Battle Dwarf
    • Retro Spaceman
    • 80’s dude (aka Yuppie)

    5 each of:

    • Circus Strong Man
    • Corn Cob Man
    • Highwayman 



    madforLEGO
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 1,010
    Coincidently I was going to comment earlier on thispaul88 said:


    anyone know what row the rocket boy is usually in?  I found a case at a walmart this day, but it was cherry picked for the rocket boys!  i think the person must have literally just bought the rocket boys and 2 corn cob guys because that is all that seemed to have been gone.  I took about a half hour figuring out who was who.  These are tougher to feel than I thought they would be though.  I just figured if I knew the positioning of the rocket boy, I could could save a bunch of time the next time I see a case.


    I found them (rocket boys) at the back on the far right column. It was the first packet I picked up. Highwayman was at the front of right column.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,228
    Shocker, all the females are rares again. IMO Rocket Boy being rare makes so sense when he is easy to find. I thought LEGO learned their lesson with the Hot Dog suit guy, but I guess not.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,395
    Does anyone have the SKU/UPC?
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,395
    Found it!

    For everyone else:
    UPC: 673419265614 
    SKU: 170512751

    https://brickseek.com/
    madforLEGOyys4u
  • paul88paul88 Member Posts: 169

    LuLego said:

    Coincidently I was going to comment earlier on thispaul88 said:




    anyone know what row the rocket boy is usually in?  I found a case at a walmart this day, but it was cherry picked for the rocket boys!  i think the person must have literally just bought the rocket boys and 2 corn cob guys because that is all that seemed to have been gone.  I took about a half hour figuring out who was who.  These are tougher to feel than I thought they would be though.  I just figured if I knew the positioning of the rocket boy, I could could save a bunch of time the next time I see a case.




    I found them (rocket boys) at the back on the far right column. It was the first packet I picked up. Highwayman was at the front of right column.




    Thanks!  In my case, the back right were 3 butterfly girls!  Now, the box appeared to be gone through (at least the first 2 rows about 5 or so deep.  I don't know what to think because it did not look like the back right column was even disturbed.  I guess maybe they were put back very neatly, but to have the butterfly girls all in a clump...very strange.  It's so annoying that the rocket boy is only 3 per case!  He will surely be one that ANYONE can identify (such as casual buyers not seasoned with the "feel" guides LOL).  I'll just assume that unless I come upon an undisturbed case, I'll be having a hard time finding him!  May just go to ebay to ensure I get him.

    I found 1 corn cob guy, and 1 chef.  There were absolutely no rocket boys or surfers.  I don't know why anyone would need 4 corn cob guys, but maybe they bought them all thinking they were rocket boys.  And.. GEEZ... that dang strongman!  SO EASY to identify with the barbell, even easier/quicker than the elf....but I do not want him!  I think there were at least 4 highway men, too.
  • preusspreuss CanadaMember Posts: 99
    Has anyone seen them in Canada yet? I checked Walmart and Toys'R'Us a few times this week but couldn't find any.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    Looking at this series leaves me cold. It could be CMF burnout. None of them seem to grab me, but there have been a whole lot of CMS in the past year or so. 
    KingAlanI
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    I'm sure this box had already been gone through since it was in disarray and I found NO corncob guy or the veterinarian. I was able to get two rocket boys and two bakers (one of my mom since she is a baker), so I can't complain...I think I heard correctly when a guy with his wife and kid were about to go into the isle and saw me checking the bags, and the guy said something like "that's what I wanna be doing"...Sorry dude!

    Anyone in the RGV, found them at the Conway and 3 Mile Rd. in Mission.




    CM4Sstlux
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,366
    I also found a couple boxes today at my local Walmart. I ended up with 15.. I could not figure out what I was missing cause I felt every figure at least 3 times. Turns out it was the Dance Instructor - I must've felt her like 6 times and put her back cause I thought I already had her. Oh well! Still, I got 15/16 on the first try! 
    MegtheCatjosekalelMynattstlux
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    For me, the hair in the Dance Instructor gives it away since it feels bulky...I already ordered a set from MiniFiguresPlus, but I want spares for my city and to give away. The only ones that I'm missing, like I mentioned, are the Veterinarian and Corn Guy. 
  • paul88paul88 Member Posts: 169

    CM4S said:

    I also found a couple boxes today at my local Walmart. I ended up with 15.. I could not figure out what I was missing cause I felt every figure at least 3 times. Turns out it was the Dance Instructor - I must've felt her like 6 times and put her back cause I thought I already had her. Oh well! Still, I got 15/16 on the first try! 




    The first thing with the dance instructor i felt was the HUGE hair piece!  Then, the small round piece for the bottle with the tiny post sticking up.  I think the one that threw me the most was the retro space guy.... the vet was easy once you found the hair piece.  it's very distinctive having 2 sharp points.
    josekalelCM4S
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,366

    paul88 said:



    CM4S said:


    I also found a couple boxes today at my local Walmart. I ended up with 15.. I could not figure out what I was missing cause I felt every figure at least 3 times. Turns out it was the Dance Instructor - I must've felt her like 6 times and put her back cause I thought I already had her. Oh well! Still, I got 15/16 on the first try! 






    The first thing with the dance instructor i felt was the HUGE hair piece!  Then, the small round piece for the bottle with the tiny post sticking up.  I think the one that threw me the most was the retro space guy.... the vet was easy once you found the hair piece.  it's very distinctive having 2 sharp points.


    Vet was the last and the hardest for me. I felt a brick and then the round ears. 

    Highwayman was like my 3rd one, I was really excited when I felt that one!

    I think my favorite is the Yuppie - just cause I like how it looks with the phone and the shades, and the hair and the clothes! Just a nice simple minifigure.
    Dedgecko
  • spepperspepper Davie, FLMember Posts: 157
    edited April 2017


    CM4S said:





    paul88 said:

    the vet was easy once you found the hair piece.  it's very distinctive having 2 sharp points.
    Vet was the last and the hardest for me. I felt a brick and then the round ears. 

    I thought I had the Vet in my last incursion to Walmart, but it seems I confused it for another one! The most difficult to find was the Miami Vice guy (kinda hard to spot the radio antenna).

    I got all the mfs I wanted except for the Vet (not too shabby for a first time minifig-haul). I did not want the Gladiator nor the Weightlifter, but the latter seems to be a nice choice for the Fairground Mixer. So I'll try to get both (with he Vet) during my next visit!
    FowlerBricks
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,709

    CM4S said:



    paul88 said:





    CM4S said:



    I also found a couple boxes today at my local Walmart. I ended up with 15.. I could not figure out what I was missing cause I felt every figure at least 3 times. Turns out it was the Dance Instructor - I must've felt her like 6 times and put her back cause I thought I already had her. Oh well! Still, I got 15/16 on the first try! 








    The first thing with the dance instructor i felt was the HUGE hair piece!  Then, the small round piece for the bottle with the tiny post sticking up.  I think the one that threw me the most was the retro space guy.... the vet was easy once you found the hair piece.  it's very distinctive having 2 sharp points.




    Vet was the last and the hardest for me. I felt a brick and then the round ears. 

    Highwayman was like my 3rd one, I was really excited when I felt that one!

    I think my favorite is the Yuppie - just cause I like how it looks with the phone and the shades, and the hair and the clothes! Just a nice simple minifigure.


    The vet was hard? I would think she would be easy. My first one was the Roman Gladiator, then a few bags later, the Highwayman. The Yuppie is a good one and it's nice to see someone else appreciates him.  
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,709

    josekalel said:

    I'm sure this box had already been gone through since it was in disarray and I found NO corncob guy or the veterinarian. I was able to get two rocket boys and two bakers (one of my mom since she is a baker), so I can't complain...I think I heard correctly when a guy with his wife and kid were about to go into the isle and saw me checking the bags, and the guy said something like "that's what I wanna be doing"...Sorry dude!

    Anyone in the RGV, found them at the Conway and 3 Mile Rd. in Mission.






    They're not really $16 per fig right? That's just a wrong tag? If not, then the world is coming to an end!
    josekalelKingAlanI
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    @FowlerBricks this store is usually the worst when it comes to tidiness (as bad as having BAD lighting, almost none, at another store nearby...yes, the LEGO aisle is dark). 
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,395
    I must have the only two "goody-goody" Walmarts on the entire East Coast.

    Both have them in stock but won't sell them until May 1st. Just my luck...
    CM4SjosekalelMynatt
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098

    Found one retro space guy out of two boxes that had been rummaged through.  I'll say he looks a lot better in person than the reviews show.  My kids think he looks fat due to the round belly.  But aren't all minifigs fat?  The sand green suit and orange/yellow cape and helmet look great though:  IMG_2631thumbjpg1a593d424994d871b4f125f716543979jpg


    VorpalRyudspigelLEGO_Dad77
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,082
    I can't believe some of the comments here. Bemoaning new CMF prices (justified) and then saying regular Lego set RRPs are ok - maybe that's TLG's main aim with CMF prices...make the bigger sets look like good value by readjusting our perceptions of good value as far as Lego RRPs are concerned.
    Bumblepantssid3windrMynatt
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,438
    Very jealous of everybody finding these in their local stores! Instead of putting out S17, my local supermarket found 18 more boxes of Simpsons S2...
    sid3windrSumoLegoMynattDedgeckojosekalel
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    Got a few characters from WH Smiths in Chester today. Picked up 2 Rocket boys, 3 Corn on the Cob guys, a vet and an Elf.

    When I have a bit more time probably keen to also pickup a single Retro Spaceman, French man, Baker, Butterfly Girl and Hotdog Guy. 

    At £3 a go it's just too expensive to pickup entire series and duplicates nowadays. 
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    @monkeyhanger Although I do not believe I bemoaned that badly, CMFs prices are still not justified. I understand licensed CMFs, but not 'regular' ones. I do, however, bee-eye-tea-sea-each about the high RRP/MSRP regular set prices. 
    monkeyhanger
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 824
    I agree that it is harder to justify buying a whole set. I do have that mentality for some reason that I have to get them all, even though I don't have series 1-4, so I'll never have a complete set. Silly me.
    Either way, there are enough decent figures that I'll pick up a series with just a few duplicates for my daughter. I do miss the lower price, because I would love to army build the Elf and Rockey boy, but I have money to be spent elsewhere, so maybe just one or two.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,924
    I suspect the high CMF prices may be in part a way to curb demand. The first few series were very inexpensive, and consequently, tended to sell out very quickly. As a result there was a risk that people looking for them — people who might've paid well over the $2 price tag — might not find them at all. And that basically equates to lost sales. It also created a golden opportunity for resellers to buy the figs up in massive quantities and then hike up the prices to what people are ACTUALLY willing to pay, profiting mightily from all that unfulfilled demand where LEGO couldn't.

    The fact that we're not seeing such hugely inflated prices in the aftermarket for many of the more recent figs as there were for many of the earliest figs even back then suggests to me that LEGO is now doing a better job fulfilling demand in the primary market than they were previously.

    That's not to say you shouldn't prefer the old prices! But I think the price hikes make sense in that context.
    josekalelMynattBumblepantsKingAlanI
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    edited April 2017
    The only series that was ever difficult to find was series one. I only ever saw it at Toys R Us. By series 2, they were at Meijer, target, Wal-Mart, toys r us and kmart, and that was just in my part of KY. The higher price is simply because we are foolish enough to pay it. LEGO is adept at finding ways to take my money =)

    The figures should be $2.99 max. LEGO would still make a killing off of them.
    josekalelDedgecko
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,361
    Or sell them for $3.99 and subsidize the costs for Ideas, the GBHQ, and a myriad of other sets that don't sell as well...
Sign In or Register to comment.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy Brickset.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.