Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's the longest you have gone without purchasing anything Lego-related?

Comments

• TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 496
    Well I came out of my dark ages 3 years ago and the longest I have made it is 3 months in that time span.

• BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 763
    i've not bought anything since I got #10255 on New Year's Day
  • nejakdivnenejakdivne CZMember Posts: 4
    Unless a miracle happens and summer wave of sets isn't much better than Q1 ones, the gap will be long. To me it seems Lego are dropping the ball lately, introducing unappealing series like Nexoknights / Chima / Ninjago. Last I have bought was the box of CMF series 16..
  • MrGudzMrGudz U.KMember Posts: 205
    I'm currently at 3 months without a purchase. I'm waiting for the UCS Snowspeeder.
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 735
    24 hours....:-(
    MattDawson
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 735
    Not big stuff...but just a constant flow of little bas#@-%ing things..cant help it..i hate myself...
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,153
    If I can make it past the weekend then it'll be a month. Cheating slightly as it was birthday almost a month ago and I got enough stuff to keep me busy for a while!

But, I can't see much I actually want at the moment and no great plans in the wings. Will complete Assembly Square and sort the modular street out and then see what I fancy doing
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,060
    March 7th was my last purchase ( even though it went off my credit card the 9th) but that's 3 weeks - think that's the longest since I've fallen into the rabbit hole!
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,760
    ^ Did you have a personal store assistant help you with that? 

#inspiration
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,067
    No, six trips to the car.

And no sense of shame or proportionality.
    SprinkleOtterstluxYodaliciousMynattGothamConstructionCo
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,147
    Impressive @SumoLego!  Was this planned? It's s good years haul at least! 
    Always planned.  Usually 2-3 times a year.
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,758
    SumoLego said:
    Always planned.  Usually 2-3 times a year.
    Sticker day?
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 795
    SumoLego said:
    No, six trips to the car.

And no sense of shame or proportionality.
    We're going to need a complete inventory of that haul in the What Are You Buying thread. Some of us live vicariously. I'm deciding to live with a budget of $100 a month on Lego including BrickLink.

God help me.
    LegogramlegomentalsnowhitiecatwranglerRedbullgivesuwind77ncaachamps
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 1,017
    At the moment I`m not buying any Lego during Lent. Its a real struggle. I just keep getting the urge to go to Toys r us or look on Amazon. With a baby due next week and uncontrolled spending at the beginning of the year, I really have to learn to go without buying Lego for long periods now! ARGH! I`m just too addicted....
    piratemania7catwrangler77ncaachamps
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 795
    Reset the clock. 20% off UCS Tie Fighter on Amazon means no little Blue Beetle promo for me this month.  I'm going to try to hold out until May 4th now.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,147

msanders said:

At the moment I`m not buying any Lego during Lent. Its a real struggle. I just keep getting the urge to go to Toys r us or look on Amazon. With a baby due next week and uncontrolled spending at the beginning of the year, I really have to learn to go without buying Lego for long periods now! ARGH! I`m just too addicted....

You learn to manage with the addition of a little one.  I believe it comes with being balanced and watching your "non" important spending.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,791
    edited April 2017
    Made an order at SAH, and then went to the store after work to pick this up unfortunately I'm going to be on the midnight shift and a different location so I may be forced to cut back from my weekly trips.
    FowlerBricks
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 530
    Counter resetted at my end at friday evening with Mindstorms EV§ (#31313)
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    11 days so far. But I'll be in Orlando April 10-13 and then again April 24-28. During that first trip, I'll be staying at a hotel less than two miles from the LEGO store. So, well, you all know what will happen.
    Legogramgmonkey76bandit778TyresOFlahertySumoLegostluxsnowhitie
    That's close proximity to the @Pitfall69 / @Legoboy Disney carnage.

And even closer to @SumoLego doing an encore performance yell-singing 'Yodalicious' in the middle of a packed Disney Springs Lego Flagship Store.
    stluxsnowhitieYodaliciousbandit778
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,283
    ^ 'encore' performance? You mean people requested a repeat? :-) Actually, I'm sure you're singing voice is lovely @SumoLego - I'm imagining something akin to countertenor in range?
    SumoLegosid3windr
    edited April 2017
    More like an off-key, tone-deaf Tony Bennett.  (Which is the opposite of Tony Bennett, but you get my point.)

And you are correct - nobody would want to hear it, so it's really not an 'encore' per se.
    MaffyD
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Luckily I avoided the Disney Springs store during my visit last week
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,060
    What if you use only VIP-points, does that count? Guess so, so I've just managed under a month... Needed (Hm Hm) to get that mini :)
    SumoLego
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 626
    @SumoLego And they told you Tetris wouldn't help you in life... boy were they wrong.
    SumoLegoSprinkleOtter
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    I am now at about the one month mark...which is probably the longest I have gone since coming out of my dark ages in 2011. Once we get this move out of the way, I have a feeling there will be some catching up to do.
    Legogram77ncaachamps
    Now over a month....but triple VIP and the mini Beetle and SW weekend and 40th Technic combination build are all tempting me!
  • starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138
    catwranglergmonkey76Bumblepantsbandit778mustang69
    And the counter is reset! Ordered two of the Technic sets to make up the 40th chassis
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 2,063
    So I didn't last three months had a bit of a rough week and so got Dr Strange, Krenicks Shuttle and Tie Striker in the Smyths sale. I am a bit annoyed they didn't have any of the Legacy Power Rangers figures. 
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442

msanders said:

I didn't buy anything Lego for personal reasons during Lent (and it IS hard) but I had to buy some technic pieces, batteries and chargers for my Mindstorms class. But that's school-related and not for me, so that doesn't count.

I've actually stayed away from BrickSetForum because the posted deals are a huge enticement to cheat! LOL

Almost there! One more week! :D
  • arathemisarathemis RomaniaMember Posts: 467
    edited April 2017
    just gave in and bought Dragon`s forge, seeing it at 40% off.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    And there you have it. It's only been about 6 hours now. Went to the Disney Springs LEGO store.

3x Large PAB Cups (More pieces for the MOCs I only ever build in my head.)
    New Ninjago Minifig Pack
    2x Birthday Cake Jester Thingy
    Wedding Topper
    (Those last two were $4.99. They must be clearing them out. They only had a few of each left.)
    Free VW (Cute little set.)

I'm here until Thursday. Let's see if I can resist going back and getting something "bigger."
    SumoLegoLegogram
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    about 4 months, currently ongoing. (Assembly Square) LEGO continues to move further and further away from sets and themes that hold my interest as they double-down on their focus on licensed stupidity (Brickheadz), minifigure-focused offerings, and other things that hold no interest for me.  My Want List is smaller than it has ever been, and half the stuff on it is "meh" to some degree
    Briking
    edited April 2017
    ...3x Large PAB Cups (More pieces for the MOCs I only ever build in my head.)...

You should see the Japanese Castle, Modular Gas Station and Harbor that are MOC'd in my head.
    And an apartment building featuring a Big Bang Theory, Dr. Who and Sanctum Sanctorium (Dr. Strange) apartments.
    gmonkey76Yodalicioussid3windrcatwranglerMynattSprinkleOtterpharmjodKingAlanI
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442

SumoLego said:

...3x Large PAB Cups (More pieces for the MOCs I only ever build in my head.)...

You should see the Japanese Castle, Modular Gas Station and Harbor that are MOC'd in my head.
    And an apartment building featuring a Big Bang Theory, Dr. Who and Sanctum Sanctorium (Dr. Strange) apartments.

Coming soon...the Jeffersons!
    SumoLegopharmjod
    ^ I'll have to build an East Side.

gmonkey76TyresOFlaherty
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    I haven't bought any LEGO since January 3rd when I picked-up #5004408: Rebel A-wing Pilot!

Half the problem has been that my display space is now full, and half has been a renewed interest in collecting Star Wars action figures...

• catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,894
    My god, it's been exactly 5 weeks!!
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,703
    Yesterday...
    CMFs on sale for $2.99, could not resist...
    MynattFowlerBricksKingAlanI
  • typocorrectotypocorrecto Member Posts: 197
    ~10 years...girls, high school, sports, college.
    dougts
    Lent is over!

:)
    SumoLegodavetheoxygenman
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 763
    I got #10255 AS on New Year's Day.  Nothing since, until today...

ricecakeRainstorm26MegtheCat
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129

dougts said:

about 4 months, currently ongoing. (Assembly Square) LEGO continues to move further and further away from sets and themes that hold my interest as they double-down on their focus on licensed stupidity (Brickheadz), minifigure-focused offerings, and other things that hold no interest for me.  My Want List is smaller than it has ever been, and half the stuff on it is "meh" to some degree

my streak will soon be coming to an end.  I'll pick up enough next week to get the mini R2-D2 freebie. UCS Snowspeeder, Carousel, and Apollo Rocket are all now on the buy list as well.
    77ncaachamps
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,611
    only 30% on the x-wing. don't think I'll be buying anything for the promo anyway
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    I haven't bought any LEGO since January 3rd when I picked-up #5004408: Rebel A-wing Pilot!

Half the problem has been that my display space is now full, and half has been a renewed interest in collecting Star Wars action figures...

Well it's been over 6 months now!

I'm really not finding the 2017 Star Wars sets very inspiring.

I was looking forward to the UCS Snowspeeder, but for whatever reason I'm just not feeling it. Is this the start of another dark ages?
  • AndyPolAndyPol UKMember Posts: 380
    Longest? coming up to 10 days, oh no, just looked at Brickset and this forum and it's stuck at 9 days! lol
    sid3windr