Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,228

Debating on whether or not to make as second trip to the Lego store in three days even though I'll be back in Orlando in only a week and a half.

Is there such a thing as "making too many trips to the Lego store"?

Well, your wallet or significant other might think so, but as an AFOL?
    YodaliciousSprinkleOtterClutchPowergmonkey76SumoLego
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 712

stlux said:

Debating on whether or not to make as second trip to the Lego store in three days even though I'll be back in Orlando in only a week and a half.

Oh god yes....
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRAClutchPower
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 307

Aanchir said:

^Looks like a knock-off to me - Lego faces don't have noses!

When you remove your nose that's when you know you've taken your passion for LEGO too far!

...so Voldemort is secretly an AFOL?
    starwars4everTheBigLegoski
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,477

redarmy said:

Venunder said:

^Why would you ever pay full price for a cmf? 
    Some retailer or other always has a 3 for 2 deal at some point. Or sells them off at £1.50 or even £1.

I must be doing something wrong..i've never come across a discounted cmf..:-(

The last time I found a particularly good discount on CMFs was a Toys R US sale on "all blind-bag toys" for 2/$5. LEGO was not even mentioned in the ad, but I was able to use it both at Toys R US and as a price-match at Target.
    SprinkleOtter
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366

stlux said:

I kept my wallet in check for the most part during my trip earlier this week. But I feel the trip back is necessary. I didn't know that the jester minifig in #40153 - Birthday Table Decoration didn't come with legs. As luck would have it, legs that would go perfectly with him are part of the build-a-minifig areas at the moment. So second trip required!
    bandit778stluxsnowhitieClutchPowerLego_StarLegogram
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625
    I reckon I saw an AFOL at Butlins last weekend while on holiday, they were wearing a grey classic space t-shirt. Although I didn't interact with them... 
    ClutchPower
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,960

stlux said:

I kept my wallet in check for the most part during my trip earlier this week. But I feel the trip back is necessary. I didn't know that the jester minifig in #40153 - Birthday Table Decoration didn't come with legs. As luck would have it, legs that would go perfectly with him are part of the build-a-minifig areas at the moment. So second trip required!

You don't have to justify it here, or was this the trial run of excuse number 82 in the 1000 reasons why I have to go back into the Lego Shop book?
    ;)
    stluxYodalicioussid3windrClutchPower
    ^ Definitely excuse No. 82. Also...

No. 258 - Because someone standing by the brick-built Hulk asked me to take their picture.
    No. 317 - Because there is no LEGO store where I live. (Even though I'm only 90 miles away.)
    No. 578 - Because LEGO is an "educational" toy for my sons.
    No. 622 - Because I took a wrong turn trying to find House of Blues for dinner and accidentally walked right into the LEGO store.
    No. 815 - Because I stopped to ask for directions to the Irish Pub.
    No. 981 - Because one free VW set isn't enough.
    No. 1,000 - Because I wanted to.
    stluxsnowhitiebandit778ClutchPowerSumoLegoLego_StarLegogramgmonkey76
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,871
    edited April 2017
    @redarmy I've only seen them discounted in England, not really in Belgium, maybe not in Scotland either...

@Yodalicious and number 1... to the Lego-store go however much you want you shall! Enjoy you shall.
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,493
    1000 reasons to go into a lego store.
    No.1  Because I wanted to.
    No.1000  Because I wanted to.

No excuses required. :)
    stluxSprinkleOttersnowhitieClutchPower
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,409
    @snowhitie At some points Fun does discounts (like 20%) on all Lego. Still more expensive than Dreamland or Amazon for just about any set, but they do have CMFs ;)
    snowhitie
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,871
    ^ 20% in Fun is not that often though I think, but maybe I'm not that in touch ;) good thing we now got our Benelux thread ;)

In Lego status, ordered some PAB and Brickheadz, did some building.

catwranglerClutchPowerJohnyk668LegopantsTheBigLegoski
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,331
    Nice rattly box arrived at work for me today. #42057 and #42061 Just need #42063 and I can build the 40th anniversary Technic chassis, going to to try and resist the temptation to build either of the sets....but will probably cave in!

Also got the freebie VW Beetle too.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,814

Venunder said:

^Why would you ever pay full price for a cmf? 
    Some retailer or other always has a 3 for 2 deal at some point. Or sells them off at £1.50 or even £1.

A new series will often take weeks to show up near where I live when they're already widely available elsewhere in the UK. So the on-shelf time is shorter in most shops to begin with (presumably there's always some other new collectable toy thing competing for shelf space), and in the one place I know where they hang on into the next year (Toymaster), they don't discount them, though they do at least have the "buy [5?] and the next one is free" sticker-collect cards. I've only come across a 3-for-2 once, though I've been lucky the odd time to find a bunch of them discounted when a shop was trying to get rid of stock. So much of these offers is being able to physically get to the store that has them before someone else scoops them up!
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 233
    edited April 2017

httpssh-s7-live-slegocdncomisimageLEGOMKTGcheckout2D2Dcheckout2Dorder2Dconfirmation2Dbg2DlgBannerBackgroundLargeYeah, yeah, yeah. You lot dance and sing and cheer all you want. You're ruining me!

So those four are celebrating me caving in and ordering #10255 Assembly Square and a few other sets that were on sale. Triple points and two free mini VW Beetles were too tempting in the end.

I hope there's a yeti, a 70's disco throwback and a Mexican stereotype there to cheer me up when I next check my credit card statement.

stluxsid3windrjosekalelbandit778LegopantsLego_StarClutchPowercatwrangler
    Good Friday = Holiday, and no school here in the UK.
    For me it equals time to build The London skyline, Big Ben and Buckingham Palace.  :)

Legopantssnowhitietallblocktoo
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,234
    Already taken down #76057 (which had most of my display shelf and sorted a bit of the minifigure display shelf this morning.

The wife is about to head out to meet a friend so I think crappy movie and building #70912 might be in order.
    LostInTranslationsnowhitieClutchPower
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,997

Haven't built anything for absolutely ages, so it's time for Legopants to once again wield his chrome "Knife of Destiny"...

LostInTranslationstluxSprinkleOttersnowhitieClutchPowerricecaketallblocktoodavetheoxygenmanTheBigLegoski

Nice choice! Should keep me occupied for a couple of hours :-))

Right, best get on...

LostInTranslationbandit778catwranglerstluxShibClutchPowerdavetheoxygenmanJohnyk668TheBigLegoski
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 521
    I've been disassembling my UCS Darth Maul and General Grievous pending redecoration of the bedroom!  Seem to have lost three of the general's lights sabres and heart / rib cage.  Sure I put them somewhere!
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 712

And off we go!

What!!...no seatbelt?...you live wild and reckless my good man..:-)
    BillyBricks84sid3windrstluxcatwranglerSprinkleOtterClutchPower
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 274
    ^Something for the April monthly building competition? 
    ClutchPowerLegopantsBumblepants

^Well, I don't know about that :-S

SalamalexSprinkleOtter
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 479
    shit... this year smells pretty expensive regarding the upcoming set stuff already...
    catwrangler
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    More like a Danish status but we'll​ work the Lego part in .

Saw Trollz last night. Google'd everybody move your feet. Turns out The duo jr/Sr are from Denmark. Thought that was cool. Now I'll forever have that song stuck in my head everytime I build a Lego set. Awesome fate.
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
     @Legopants I was envisioning a picture of your likeness trying to set sail in the bathtub with a large failure ensuing.  
    Shib
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 885
    Very busy Lego day!

finished 2 lego cakes (see cake thread in a few days).

speed built several sets.

wiped several hundred 2x1 tiles and employed child labour to cover a 48x48 baseplate.

setup display for Edinbugh Comic Con using the above. After several last minute changes due to lack of time/space its looks good!

ClutchPowerstlux
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,251
    Spending too much money on BrickLink, again... Amongst the purchases, parts for one of my upcoming Lego Ideas projects. :)
    YodaliciousSumoLegotallblocktooxiahna

@Legopants I was envisioning a picture of your likeness trying to set sail in the bathtub with a large failure ensuing.  

Fear not @tallblocktoo - Legopants is an experienced mariner with excellent navigation skills...

SprinkleOtterClutchPowerLostInTranslationLegogrambandit778catwranglermessytallblocktooTheBigLegoski
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,085
    edited April 2017
    VorpalRyu said:

Spending too much money on BrickLink, again... Amongst the purchases, parts for one of my upcoming Lego Ideas projects. :)

I just did the same thing.  Except my Lego Ideas project will never actually leave the confines of my head.  (Maybe that makes me a purist?)

Did I really need a CMF welder and parts for another Millenium Falcon?  No.  But I needed to fill an order with other stuff to justify the shipping for the 16x18 green baseplate I had to buy from Belgium.

Other thoughts - the Ideas Fishing Shack reminds me of the 'Old Restaurant' from The Goonies.  Another other thought, I have watched The Goonies too many times with my kids this week.

Ruth! Baby Ruth!!!
    YodaliciousprevereVorpalRyusnowhitieSprinkleOtterClutchPowerGothamConstructionCogmonkey76tallblocktoo
    The London Skyline was a fast easy build. Even though I misplaced a black 1x8 plate right at the beginning. (It slipped down the side of my armchair but could not escape for too long).
    Buckingham Palace was a more challenging build, but also turned out okay.
    Except for the giant VW beetle crashing into the fountain. :)
    Just a temporary parking space for my Free VW.

I'm now only a third of the way through the Big Ben..... and loving the complex build, even if it is repetitive.

Legopantstallblocktoo
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,228
    @Legopants Well, of it was your intention for the pirates to board those pesky Imperials, then: everything went exactly according to plan without a hitch?
    Legopantstallblocktoo
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,331
    I did so well in March, got a few sets for my birthday, picked up Assembly Square the following weekend and then bought nothing bricky for a month.

A small haul from [email protected] and today. Didn't mean to, but I really wanted the mini Beetle, so the two Technic sets are stashed away ready for the 40th anniversary chassis. Then today I had to pop into Sainsburys to get some bits for tea and came out with the City magazine. Then I needed to pick the family up from the station that has an Entertainer and TrU nearby....polybags a go-go!
    ClutchPower
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 479

Venunder said:

The London Skyline was a fast easy build. Even though I misplaced a black 1x8 plate right at the beginning. (It slipped down the side of my armchair but could not escape for too long).
    --SNIP--

i always call those cases "illegal escape attempt"... got some nasty ones, too lately (box of assorted technic pins slipped off the desk). or funny when you manage to not see a 6x14 plate while searching for it...
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,814
    I was very good today; I found Rey's Speeder for £12.99 in Sainsburys (Holywood Exchange, should anyone care to...) but I did not buy it! 
    ClutchPower
    What 9 large PAB cups looks like (somewhat) sorted...

BuriedinBricksSumoLegobandit778ClutchPowercatwranglertallblocktoo
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,085
    Ooo... they still have tan 2x2 tiles!  Very nice, very nice.  I wish they would carry dark grey or light grey 2x2 tiles.

(I can ship from the store, right?)
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,296
    Having a dismantling weekend.  I've had the Volvo EW160E #42053 and the Bucket Wheel Excavator #42055 sitting out for quite a while and the muttering coming from Mrs Boo is getting louder, so they go back in their boxes.

And then I get to build #42054 RC Tracked Racer!
    ClutchPowercatwranglerLegopantsGothamConstructionCotallblocktoo
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    I've been stalling on building Assembly Square, so after a couple of weeks of not building anything, I just finished #60150 Pizza Van, a nice build and OK set. I think it needs more 'stuff' going on, but I can't complain.

ClutchPowertallblocktooKingAlanITheBigLegoski
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,409
    edited April 2017
    Built #21108 Ideas Ecto-1 last night, and #40086 Easter Bunny today with my little girl, she loves it. We put the ears down as it's way cuter that way ;)

Oh wait, this is not the what are you building thread... :/
    ClutchPowerLego_Starsnowhitiecatwrangler

ACHTUNG!!! ACHTUNG!!!
    I think it's time for the VW Käfer :-)

GothamConstructionCobookmumClutchPowerchrisalddintallblocktoo
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,296
    Sore fingers!
    GothamConstructionCoKingAlanI
    edited April 2017

Sore fingers!

Just as long as they don't bleed ;-)
    snowhitieClutchPowerKingAlanI