Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Star Wars Discussion

Comments

• LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 971

^"The shroud of the Dark Side has fallen, it has.....whatever next?"

LostInTranslation
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,775

^^

Rule the Galaxy

It Only Takes a Jedi

A Million Bothans

Could It Be The Force

All of those are Take That, but I think it still 'works' - although replacing 'magic' with 'the force' was a bit torturous, I'll admit. :-)

LostInTranslationRedbullgivesuwindcatwrangler
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,557
    I think A Million Bothans and It Only Takes a Jedi scan well. 
    MaffyD
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,857
    Rey (instead of Pray)
    MaffyDcatwrangler
  • MrGudzMrGudz U.KMember Posts: 196
    I did read someone say it was a new character named Taxi Vader.
    monkeyhangerMaffyD
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39407641

(was trying to think of a suitable pun but couldn't come up with anything. Over to the usual suspects). 

I suppose the logical response should be.....

"Aren't you too annoying to be a Stormtrooper?"

MrGudz
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,939
    Lobot said:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39407641

(was trying to think of a suitable pun but couldn't come up with anything. Over to the usual suspects). 

I suppose the logical response should be.....

"Aren't you too annoying to be a Stormtrooper?"

If Jar Jar is back as some kind of resistance general, chronologically 40 years after we last saw him, chances are he'll be playing that role. :D
    LobotLordmoral
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 661
    CM4S said:
    Here's that thing I said I'd make.

I'll post more pictures like the back and functions tomorrow on my Flickr

This would be amazing when you consider that it would go great with the Scarift Battle set released early this year.

With Star Wars Rebels ending its third season I was wondering what sets would come out of the next season: X-Wing, Imperial Star Destroyer, Tie Bomber, etc.
    jediami65
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,418

Wow! Those bounty-hunter minifigs look so awesome, especially 4-LOM (for love of money)!

Finally a chance to obtain the Trandoshan Bossk! He was thus far only available as part
    of the minifigs in that very big and expensive Super Star Destroyer set, wasn't he!?!

Not 100% sure if this Dengar is identical to the one present in #75145 'Eclipse Fighter' but it sure does look like it.

IG-88 has proper head printing, unlike some assassin droid like it that was included in one of the advent calenders, if I remember correctly. IG-88 is the only minifig that comes with a proper Lego SW blaster.  :)  The other ones unfortunately are equiped with the stud-shooters :(

The speederbike is a smart choice to include in this set, and looks quite well I think.

The only bounty-hunter still missing is Zuckuss
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zuckuss
    bandit778Jackad777ncaachamps
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,568
    @TheBigLegoski Bossk was also available in #8097 Slave 1
    TheBigLegoski
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,308
    That Dengar looks to be identical to the minifig in #75145 Eclipse Fighter, which is still currently available. So we finally get 4-LOM, but still no Zuckuss....instead a second Dengar minifigure. ARGH! The most annoy bit is that Zuckuss & 4-LOM were a team.
    TheBigLegoskiLordmoralxiahna
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    VorpalRyu said:
    That Dengar looks to be identical to the minifig in #75145 Eclipse Fighter, which is still currently available. So we finally get 4-LOM, but still no Zuckuss....instead a second Dengar minifigure. ARGH! The most annoy bit is that Zuckuss & 4-LOM were a team.

you got me thinking with the whole team up aspect, out of all of the bounty hunters we've seen in film 4-LOM is the only hunter never to team up with Boba Fett, (though they both worked for Jabba) so although yay finally 4-LOM it is a shame we can't recreate the Battle of Circumtore for lack of Zuckuss.
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,308
    I'm hoping that the lack of Zuckuss in this set means there's a plan for another set with him in it coming up, I'm not a big collector of SW Lego, but I would like the full group of Bounty Hunters that Vader recruited to hunt down Han.
    Bumblepantspharmjodxiahna
    ^ "Bounty hunters. We don't need their scum!"
    xwingpilotRsa33
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,361

VorpalRyu said:

I'm hoping that the lack of Zuckuss in this set means there's a plan for another set with him in it coming up, I'm not a big collector of SW Lego, but I would like the full group of Bounty Hunters that Vader recruited to hunt down Han.

They know saving him for another set will sell twice as many sets to folks like us. 
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRAVorpalRyupharmjod
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    ^BINGO!
    VorpalRyu

Details of the German May 4th offers (I assume they'll be the same in the UK?):

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-star-wars-tage-2017-das-sind-die-store-angebote/30159

monkeyhangerstlux
    I wonder if the Snowspeeder will be excluded from 10% discounts as it will be brand new?

@monkeyhanger - The tiny print below the 10% banner mentions '...Snowspeeder' so I'm assuming that it's excluded? 

Interestingly, a quick Google translate of the website indicates that:On every day of the promotion period, a LEGO® Star Wars set is offered with a discount of 40%' 

So, I guess that [email protected] will be totally unusable for all six days, rather than just one...!

omniummonkeyhangercatwrangler
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,330
    edited April 2017
    Correct, the small print excludes the Snowspeeder from both the 10% and 40% discount.

The promo will apply to all [email protected] EU; just substitute your local currency equivalent.
    omniummonkeyhangerMaffyD
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,535
    That's kind of annoying about the 40% off being a mystery till the day. Especially since I'm hiking for 3 days of it with no Internet signal (No forum either!!!). Do people think Battle on Scariff is likely for 40% off.  I was going to get for May 4th promos but would hate to buy at 10% off and it drops to 40% off the next day. But if I wait till the last day the promos could run out. Decisions, decisions.........
    As someone close-ish to a Lego shop, would the best way to find out what's 40% off each day be to get on the web after the stroke of midnight and then head down to the shop for not long after opening that day? The reason I ask rather than simply buying off the web is to be able to get an R2 freebie with every purchase as it seems that the stores can't/won't keep track of who's already got one, unlike the website.

• A.BrickovskyA.Brickovsky PolandMember Posts: 56
    I wonder if 40% discount will apply to any of D2C sets. I guess it's possible for TIE or Hoth... only I wouldn't buy the latter even then. 
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 481
    Wow, that is really nice.
    CM4S
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    edited April 2017
    ^^ Want! And probably can't have... :(
  • drdesignzdrdesignz USMember Posts: 104
    Neat.  Is it a numbered set?
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 446
    ^^^ so much want.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,113
    edited April 2017

CM4S said:

Just announced for Celebration 

So that's what happened to the modifications they were going to do to the #10188 re-release.

Coming soon - A set of the rest of Echo base  and a Snowtrooper battle pack to attack it with.

;)

CM4SSumoLegosonsofscevaYodalicious
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 725
    Should've added Leia in her cell...
    And Chewie...
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,849
    And a UCS Millennium Falcon to escape in... 
    CM4STheBigLegoskiMynattVorpalRyuAdeelZubairmustang69YodaliciousSumoLegopharmjod
    ^ i like how your mind works...
    CM4STheBigLegoskiMynattSumoLego
  • BoomstickBoomstick IndianaMember Posts: 247
    Why haven't we seen some of the newer ships in lego like the at-act or the imperial transport ship? Krennics Guard ship, blue squadron x-wing, minifigure of all the awesome rebel pilots. There was even a ginormous imperial transport. So much missed opportunity.  
    ^ Give them time. Rogue One has only been out 5 months, you can't expect them to put everything out in Lego form straight away. Over the next 2 years they'l have probably done everything they want to (then everything will be repeated every 3 years, with slightly better building techniques).
    stluxBumblepantsgmonkey76AdeelZubairCaptainRogersSumoLegoYodaliciouspharmjod
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 337

The problem is, with all the new films on a yearly basis, from Episode VIII to the next Star Wars Story film I'm beginning to think LEGO is going to overextend themselves badly trying to keep up making too much expensive product that folks don't want, can't afford or can't be bothered to get because the next film release will have another design that is worlds better and makes a much better LEGO Model.

I'm not looking forward to the next ten-fifteen years of LEGO Star Wars collecting, so much desirable product, so little opportunity to get them before retirement.

• chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,012
    that is the set you can only get by going to the shop with a invite right?
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,113
    @chrisalddin
    Worse than that, it's a set you can only get by entering a lottery, then if you win you have the opportunity to buy the set for $40 - provided you are at this years Star Wars Celebration in Orlando.

Not looking good for getting this one.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,463
    probably cheaper to bricklink it. mostly common bricks at first glance.
    VorpalRyu
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 593

Fireheart said:

Just purchased these from monofigs.com, as a Star Wars collector I thought they looked really cool.. and a limited run it seems.

I posted this back in February, it seems that the above is now sold out, but now there are two more sets just released.

I think they are really cool, especially the droids..
    catwranglerprevere

Latest The Last Jedi trailer is now on YouTube:

josekalelTheBigLegoskiMrGudz
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    The teaser poster looks way better. 
    Jackad7
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,535
    Amazing!
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,418
    ^
    Really?
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129

Fireheart said:

Fireheart said:

Just purchased these from monofigs.com, as a Star Wars collector I thought they looked really cool.. and a limited run it seems.

I posted this back in February, it seems that the above is now sold out, but now there are two more sets just released.

who makes these?  are they authorized by LEGO and Disney/Lucasfilm, or are they illegal IP infringement of both the Minifigure and the Star Wars IP?
    VorpalRyu
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 852

dougts said:

Fireheart said:

Fireheart said:

who makes these?  are they authorized by LEGO and Disney/Lucasfilm, or are they illegal IP infringement of both the Minifigure and the Star Wars IP?

They seem to be authentic Lego Star Wars parts used to build monochrome minifigs (with things like the unprinted trooper helmets and the like either brassoed or unprinted factory test molds). So if that's the case, they're probably not much less legal than the sale of those parts individually on the aftermarket (though you could make the case that marketing them with the Star Wars logos might be cutting it a little close).

If they were in fact bootlegs of some sort there's no reason they'd need to be restricted to colors that Lego has already produced, considering they could have been molded in any color of the rainbow in that case.
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 522
    Wow the new star wars trailer looks really disappointing in multiple levels. I guess you can't count your chickens before they've hatched, but the trailer held a lot of similarities to episode 5. I did see a lot of new content thay got excited but the whole line from Luke saying "it's time for the jedi to end." I find incredibly out of place. In legends grey jedi weren't exactly common and now in cannon they seem to be smashing every force wielder into a grey jedi which really fits characters like the bendu and ahsoka, but are they really grey jedi if the jedi order itself moves to the grey jedi's views? They aren't really in the middle anymore. I really hope I'm wrong because I love star wars but I will wait for reviews before getting tickets.
    josekalel
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797

Jackad7 said:

I really hope I'm wrong because I love star wars but I will wait for reviews before getting tickets.

I wasn't bowled-over by the teaser trailer either, but as the second film in the Sequel Trilogy this will be a release day watch for me whatever.
    pharmjod
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,361
    It could turn out great or maybe not so great but thankfully they didn't give the plot away in the teaser - My smoldering hot take
  • MrGudzMrGudz U.KMember Posts: 196
    It took me a couple of watches but I'm a bit more encouraged by it now. The one thing I didn't enjoy about TFA was the Finn character, maybe it was the way he was written but he just didn't grab me. 
    Jackad7