Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,694
    Spent the evening updating my spreadsheet with the sets and more importantly, the replacement sticker sheets I've bought over the past 18 months.  Four hours later my eyes hurt.

YodaliciousClutchPowerkiki180703TheMaker37KingAlanI
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,031
    ^Looks like a thrill ride of fun ;-)
    LegoboySprinkleOtterSumoLegoBumblepantssnowhitieClutchPowerkiki180703KingAlanI
    Oh my God.  My eyes hurt, my back hurts.....everything hurts.  Never again am I leaving it so long.  Another couple of hours tomorrow ought to do it though.
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703KingAlanI
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,509
    And this is before meeting with @Pitfall69.  I can only imagine your physical state afterwards...
    SprinkleOtterLegoboysnowhitiestluxClutchPowerkiki180703
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,712
    SumoLego said:
    And this is before meeting with @Pitfall69.  I can only imagine your physical state afterwards...
    Gungan-o-cidal?
    Well right now I hate him.  Following last week's bonus ball Q&A, I got some inspiration from one of the suggestions and over this weekend spent 8 hours working on somenthing.  Like I said, everything hurts.
    SprinkleOtterSumoLegoClutchPowerkiki180703
    edited March 2017
    Funny, I spent part of my weekend moving around my basement cubicle walls and removing some old insulation.  (Inspired to do something for eight hours - in addition to watching Iron Fist.)

And boy are my arms itchy.
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 1,898
    Legoboy said:
    Well right now I hate him.  Following last week's bonus ball Q&A, I got some inspiration from one of the suggestions and over this weekend spent 8 hours working on somenthing.  Like I said, everything hurts.
    @legoboy I meant for you to buy the socks, not knit some yourself :oP
    SumoLego said:
    Funny, I spent part of my weekend moving around my basement cubicle walls and removing some old insulation.  (Inspired to do something for eight hours - in addition to watching Iron Fist.)

When your lungs itch, you know you're really doing something wrong.
    SumoLegoYodaliciouskiki180703
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Just finished building #70911 so I added it to my penguin shelves.

SumoLegosnowhitiedatsunrobbieMegtheCatClutchPowerkiki180703elspankdogcatwrangler
    SumoLego said:
    The insulation looks like cotton candy!  Doesn't taste as good.  I'm happy I held my breath.
    SprinkleOtterBumblepantskiki180703
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    SumoLego said:

SumoLego said:
    SumoLego said:
    The insulation looks like cotton candy!  Doesn't taste as good.  I'm happy I held my breath.
    Held your breath for eight hours? Impressive.
    SprinkleOtterBrikingbandit778AanchirSumoLegoTheBigLegoskikiki180703
  • Glacierfalls265Glacierfalls265 USAMember Posts: 230
    edited March 2017
    Held your breath for eight hours? Impressive.
    It's like one YouTube video I stumbled across of a woman squirting water at the camera with a spray bottle (It was some sort of meditation video), and the video was eight hours long. The majority of the commenters were arguing whether or not the woman actually stood there for eight hours spraying water at a camera...
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 879
    Just saw the instructions on the net so decided to fix one. For those of you too young to know, it's a cassette tape. Back then I used it to store computer software for the Spectrum and Amstrad computers.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/33440269336/in/dateposted/
    LegopantsVorpalRyubookmumstluxClutchPowerricecakesnowhitiekiki180703catwrangler
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Shib said:

I also got asked for ID when buying Mrs Speedman some champagne truffles for Mothers Day, I was 40 a couple of weeks ago, the checkout girl thought I was under 25. Quite flattered!
    Always be flattered when asked for ID - the amount of people I've seen get annoyed about it always astounds me, you are literally being told you look young, most people would love being told that!
    I must have always had a lived in look then. When I was sneaking a naughty pint at away games around 14 I wasn't checked, 16 when I started going out the same.

There was almost an ID in Vegas when I was around 30 but she took a second glance and apologised ;-)
    VorpalRyukiki180703
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,056
    @SirKevbags my experience is very similar, I used to be the one who got away with buying the drinks during the naughty teen years...maybe that's why I get wound up by people being insulted by being told they look young, some of us are so haggard we looked forty in our teens :-P
    VorpalRyukiki180703MegtheCatmonkeyhanger
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,186
    Could grow a full beard by the time I was 15 & was buying my own alcohol at 17 (wasn't living at home). The week before I turned 18, I went into the bottle shop where I regularly bought alcohol to buy supplies for my 18th & one of the staff members was bragging about how he's never sold a single drop of product to an underager (claimed he can spot them a mile off, fake IDs are useless, etc).

As he's putting through my purchases he asked me, "you know what I mean right? Those kids think we can't pick them, but they stick on like sore thumbs." Right at that moment, I was trying not to piss myself laughing, I responded with, "yeah, it's pretty funny, you'd have to blind not to pick them in most cases." I paid for my grog & left trying hard to resist the urge to say something witty, as he would have probably had the shopping centre security on the phone the moment he twigged & I didn't feel like running with all the stuff I had.
    SalamalexSumoLegotallblocktoosnowhitieTheBigLegoskikiki180703davetheoxygenmandmcc0catwrangler
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,446
    Waiting for my latest Lego delivery ........
    Where is it?  I have to go out soon ....... 
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,244
    ^Has it arrived yet?  I got a message from the wife to tell me mine came earlier (Valentines and Easter sets I was going to resist until the reduction to £15 for free shipping).
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,446
    ^ yep, my Easter Egg Hunts arrived. Just in time. :)
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 461
    Today I finally got back into my epic quest to open a BL store. I am up to about 26000 pcs and have many more to go. Here is a peek at my general sorting effort which will get more refined as I get this phase over. I call it controlled chaos ;) I just hope no own rats me out to that "Hoarders" show.

SprinkleOtterLegogramstluxsnowhitiekiki180703KingAlanI
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 431
    Today I finally got back into my epic quest to open a BL store. I am up to about 26000 pcs and have many more to go. Here is a peek at my general sorting effort which will get more refined as I get this phase over. I call it controlled chaos ;) I just hope no own rats me out to that "Hoarders" show.

welcome in the club... sorting always needs a bunch of temporary space... and due to a weird law always the box where stuff wants to get stored is not available....
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703KingAlanI
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,377
    Learned a valuable lesson today in eBaying something. It was my first attempt at a live bid in quite a long time. Missed out on a lot that would have really fit nicely in my collection for a price I couldn't beat. 

There will always be another, right?
    KingAlanI

Warning: you won't see that floor for weeks...

Is that a giant plushy BB-8?
    KingAlanI
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 461

Warning: you won't see that floor for weeks...

Is that a giant plushy BB-8?
    Yes, my daughter bought it for me for Christmas.
    SprinkleOtterstluxsnowhitiekiki180703

If that's 'Hoarding', I'm way further down that road.  I think you are safe...
    davetheoxygenmanstluxdatsunrobbiekiki180703KingAlanI
    edited March 2017
    According to Rebrickable, including parts in set, I'm over 170k. I'm considering starting a BrickLink store too, but my reason is primarily to sell off parts I have no interest in keeping/using, I don't need one Jake the Dog Face print Curved Slope 2×2×2/3, let alone three of them.
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,964
    Love this:

"Choose LEGO. Choose the latest UCS. Choose the sixth X Wing for your collection and twelfth police station. Choose three of the same Creator Set so you can build them all at once. Choose the Modular building you must have on release day. Choose paying a stupid amount of money for that polybag you can't live without. Choose whining about how your LUG is run and greedy resellers. Choose spending hour after hour to save another £2 on a £20 set. Or stop obsessing and appreciate how lucky you are. That you will be around next year to see the latest releases, to buy and enjoy them at leisure, to visit events and spend time with your friends. Choose LEGO, but choose not being a dick about it."

That just about sums it up! :-)
    Well done to the author, whoever he or she may be.
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 306
    Choose the sixth X Wing for your collection and twelfth police station helicopter 
    fixed
    SumoLegokiki180703HugeYellowBrickKingAlanI
    Receive the first of two [email protected] orders placed in part to avoid having deal with the aftermarket prices should they retire some time this year. Now that I have #75060 UCS Slave I, I'm hoping the rumours are true & she'll be joined soon enough by the new UCS Millennium Falcon. Now to wait for my #70751 Temple of Airjitsu to arrive, along with a few super cheap Dimensions packs (TLBM & Knight Rider). Strangely, for some reason my BAP order I added to my order for the Temple will be arriving before it...
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 255
    If BAP is the Bricks and Parts thing, don't they ship independently? I believe that explains the discrepancy in arrival times.
    If BAP is the Bricks and Parts thing, don't they ship independently? I believe that explains the discrepancy in arrival times.
    Yes, Bricks & Pieces, so they usually ship separate? I figured it would all (provided nothing ended on BO) be shipped together, because that what happened with my first BAP order.
    xiahna
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,613
    I received a £20 Amazon voucher from university this week so I just ordered #70905 - The Batmobile for half price (£27.49) as it was already on sale for £47.50. I cannot wait for it to arrive, easily one of the best models from 2017!
    ClutchPowerkiki180703
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 255
    VorpalRyu said:
    Yes, Bricks & Pieces, so they usually ship separate? I figured it would all (provided nothing ended on BO) be shipped together, because that what happened with my first BAP order.
    Honestly I've never used the service before, I've had replacement parts shipped to me of course, but I seem to recall reading somewhere on their site that BAP orders ship separately from set orders due to both shipping warehouses being separate from each other, or something like that. I could be wrong of course, perhaps a more knowledgeable user could clarify that.
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    Hoping if Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 does great at box office that perhaps by 2019, Lego will release UCS Milano. It's my favorite ship and I like this franchise more than Star War's latest entries.

Oh. Saw Fantastic Beasts. I enjoyed the banter between the 2 protagonists alot more than the special effects. 
    Just discovered that the only minifig legs that are medium lavender belong to Batzarro. One word for that....ouch. Never even saw the minifig in stores here, so it looks like there was no point in buying the extra Calculator TLBM CMF for a medium lavender monochrome...
    xiahna
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,182
    After 12 hours spilt over a week and a bit, Assembly Square is finally completed. Absolutely love it.
    LegopantssnowhitieLegoboyClutchPowerSumoLegokiki180703Lego_StarTheBigLegoski
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,780
    Flip, I just pressed 'mark all topics as viewed' and it didn't even ask if i was sure I wanted to do that :(

guess that's my cue to go to bed. You guys better give me something to read in the morning!
    TheBigLegoskiMegtheCatLegogramClutchPowertallblocktoocatwrangler
    edited March 2017
    Reminds me of the 90s.

TheBigLegoskiGothamConstructionCoricecake

snowhitie said:

Managed to do some sorting today...

Oooh the pretty colours...

All those 1×1 Round Plates, looks like there's a bit more than my MOC parts collection (probably on par with what would be in my sets). It's scary how quickly they mount up isn't it. According to rebrickable, we have a total of around 600 Black ones, 400 DBG & LBG between my MOC parts & all our sets... It might have been a rare part when I was a kid, but it's pretty common now.
    snowhitiexiahna
    The Cruiser is an excellent build!
    ClutchPowerVorpalRyuGlacierfalls265Aanchirsnowhitie
    waiting for a rattling post to go on its route...
    re-sorting some sections of my brick main storage atm... categories not fine enough there
    KingAlanI