Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Poly collecting as a main focus?

AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,763
Ok, so I'm still fairly new to LEGO collecting, but can I assume there are a lot of people who focus on collecting polybags, just like there are for minifigs/CMFs? How many polys does LEGO release in a year?
SumoLegoEddieDoesntMind

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,574
    edited March 2017
    Your best resource is to search the Brickset database by year, and then using the 'polybag' tag.

Suffice to say, there's a bunch.

Happy hunting!

(I focus on SW, SH, and the licensed themes.  'Cause you have to have limits?!?!?)
    EddieDoesntMindstluxSprinkleOttermadforLEGO
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    SumoLego said:
    (I focus on SW, SH, and the licensed themes.  'Cause you have to have limits?!?!?)
     What forum are you posting on?!
    BumblepantsstluxSumoLegoOldfanSprinkleOtterLego_Star
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 918
    I didn't focus on polybags, but had slightly below 300 of them inclusive of the Friends animal bags.

Total released by TLG probably between 600 to 900?
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,098
    I used to think and still do to a degree that polybags were or are an essence of "freeness" in other words they remind me of what you get for free when you purchase a large set. I get there are exclusive and very exclusive polybags out there worth a ton. I just can't seem to wrap my own mind around it.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,574
    The initial appeal of polybags (for me) was that they didn't take up too much space.

But I've since discovered that lots of polybags still takes up a lot of space :D
    They take up less space than the Winter Village, Creator Vehicles, Creator Landmarks, Modulars, UCS Star Wars, Ideas, Keychains...
    SumoLego said:
     What forum are you posting on?!
    I meant for other people.  There should be limits.  I simulate having said limits.
    SprinkleOttergmonkey76EddieDoesntMind