Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

Comments

• The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 162
    @Switchfoot55
    I see bits of quite a few Mixels in there. It looks like they were buying Mixels mostly from series 6. 

41546: Forx - I see the upper jaw, a leg, and an eyebrow.
    41545: Kramm - I see the drill arm and both legs.
    41548: Dribbal - Main build of head.
    41550: Slusho - Bottom of head and a wing.
    41553: Vaka-waka - lots of the parts, as mentioned.
    41552: Berp - two arms.
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,431
    Thanks @The_Mad_Vulcan, that helps considerably! 
    I tried to find the massive tan and dark red build in Bricklink last night by searching for fairly rare parts in those colors. But I am convinced it is not Lego as most of those are not listed as ever having been produced in those colors.
    I think someone already linked those back to a Mega Bloks set actually. I went through the same process and kept running into dead ends. 
    I happened upon another bin full of goodies tonight. Most of the sets are complete enough that I can figure then out, but a few are giving me fits. Any help? 

Pretty small bits 

Anyone look familiar? Minus the SpongeBob figs of course. 

What stinking winter set is this from!? It's driving me nuts. 

I have other pics, but will stop out of fear of breaking the page. 
    http://images.brickset.com/sets/AdditionalImages/10229-1/10229_Front_02.jpg

It's set #10229-1 Winter Village Cottage, this is the side of the wood shed.
    edited March 2017
    The fire ATV and a lot of the figures (like the St. Nicholas) are from the 2012 Advent Calander set #4428

The Police ATV is from set #4437. Still 2012.

I see a few CMFs from 2012: the Bandit #8827, the Flamenco Dancer #8827 x 2, the Jungle Boy #8831 x 2.

Then going back a year to the 2011 CMFs: Space Alien #8803
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,693
    The 'pretty small bits' are actually brickarms ammo clips (a 3rd party lego compatible weapons manufacturer) http://www.brickarms.com/Ammo-Clip.php so I assume the other parts in the bag are also from them.

The figs are a whole mish-mash of parts but there is also the dino-tracker cmf http://brickset.com/sets/71007-10/Dino-Tracker a ninjago snake dude and a couple of SW snowtroopers.

Thanks for the update @andhe. As much as it can be overwhelming, I do enjoy pieces things back together in these bulk lots. 

What about the astronaut? He's sort of between one of the Spongebobs and the Santa Race Car Driver. 

I've pieces together 6 sets, nearly all complete, thus far. I'll get some pictures up of the other pieces that were already put together. I'm sure there is 2-3 more sets to find. 
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,437
    The astronaut might be the one from #30315
    I wondered that as well. I don't seem to have any of the other parts to the vehicle (which isn't the smoking gun that it isn't #30315). There were some other metallic parts that were next to the fig that may be associated too? I can try and include those photos. 
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,794
    Thanks for the update @andhe. As much as it can be overwhelming, I do enjoy pieces things back together in these bulk lots. 

What about the astronaut? He's sort of between one of the Spongebobs and the Santa Race Car Driver. 

I've pieces together 6 sets, nearly all complete, thus far. I'll get some pictures up of the other pieces that were already put together. I'm sure there is 2-3 more sets to find. 
    Because the Astronaut is holding a star wand I'm guessing he (and a lot of the other City figs) are from #60024.

GallardoLU
    That #60024 actually just answered a lot of other questions I had, so thank you!
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    I just picked up a lot of stuff off a local FB BST Group and I think I just stumbled on some 1960ish Lego:
     Thoughts?
    Sorry, that should read a Lot, perhaps 5-10 pounds in bags.  It seems to be an odd mix from the last 50 years.  This is maybe half of it.  The bulbous, ball/socket stuff is Bionicle, right?  I assume some of the monolithic car chassis stuff is either Junior items, or that goofy line TLG tried at the turn of the century?  There wasn't much minifig stuff; found the Tribal King's mask/shield from the old pirates line, and a fox or wolf insignia on a torso, sans arms :(. What is the part that has the soft tip at the end of the long slope (dark gray to light gray at the bottom of the image below)?

• rd1899rd1899 U.S.A.Member Posts: 141
    ^^The 2x4 brick with the holes is the top of a 7049 "Brick, Modified 2 x 4 with Wheels Holder Old..." but it's missing the bottom cover and the tubes, so I'm not sure which variant it would have been. In the main pile, it looks like there's a black one with two red wheels plus black tires attached.

^The dark grey piece with gear teeth is a 50900 "Bionicle Rhotuka Rip Cord 12L with Tab."

^The red and clear piece is an HO Scale garage door assembly, perhaps 822bc01? There's also another garage door in the main pile.

^The green square piece is a 30492 "Sports Field Section 8 x 8."

^The car chassis ones look to be McDonald's Racer parts.
    Dedgecko
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 450
    Lol, just when closing tab i saw a nnenn piece in the picture...
    edited March 2017
    Dedgecko said:
    What is the part that has the soft tip at the end of the long slope (dark gray to light gray at the bottom of the image below)?
    Funny. I saw that same odd part in a bin a few days ago and was caught by how curious it was. Dual molded, the lighter grey part appears to be rubber, while the darker region is regular ABS. I was thinking it was some sort of brick built dinosaur tail; but no.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=61406pb03&in=S
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,262
    ^ There's a green variant with one of the DK Ninjago books.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,732
    The red all-in-one chassis with black wheels is from #4569, and the grey tower part appeared in four sets in the 2000/2001 era: http://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-4118789
    rd1899
    Lol, just when closing tab i saw a nnenn piece in the picture...
    A what piece!? O_o
    Thanks for helping with some of these oddities.  Some really weird stuff was produced during my dark ages...
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,317
    How about these three guys? Can't think of anything else to search on that I haven't tried already.

• ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    @Astrobricks The guy on the right has the head/torso of Bytar: http://brickset.com/minifigs/njo062/bytar

• davetheoxygenmandavetheoxygenman Colorado, USAMember Posts: 190
    @Astrobricks ; The guy on the left is Alien Trooper (http://brickset.com/sets/71008-7/Alien-Trooper) and the guy in the middle is Thi-Sen (http://brickset.com/minifigs/sw264)
  • rd1899rd1899 U.S.A.Member Posts: 141
    edited March 2017
    (Edit: Dave already identified the other minifigs.)

^^^As far as search help, all three have modified minifig heads, so if you can identify the proper color, a Bricklink search of say "lime head modified"* turns up about a dozen results, including the col201 head, and a "black head modified" search brings up 30-some results, including the Bytar head. The Thi-Sen head is a bit trickier, as it's listed under Dark Bluish Gray.

*But, with "lime" after "head modified" I got completely different results, so the search terms need to be in the proper order for the part's name in Bricklink's catalog.
    davetheoxygenman
    ^ Thanks for the search advice :-)
    Follow up:

Bytar's borrowed legs on the right. I just noticed they have a print.
    And the legs on the left have internal springs. What kind of figs had springs in their legs?

Ok, after a quick BrickLink search, it looks like the spring legs are from an NBA set from 2003.
    andhe
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,693
    Yeah the idea was you sprung them back and the flicked forward with the ball. The figs arms were also different to standard in that the didn't have removable hands.

The blue legs are ninjago. I just searched 'sash'. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=970c00pb131&name=Hips and Legs with Sash Pattern&category=[Minifig, Legs Assembly]#T=C

• rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    Does anyone know if these mysterious bricks are LEGO? I went through a batch of bricks I haven't touched in almost a decade and I have some of these in different colours. Could it be vintage LEGO?

Based on what I've seen on various Lego sites and a google image search of "vintage Lego bricks", I'd say no. The hollow top studs in particular don't fit (assuming the bricks shown here are not Duplo).
    rdflego
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,732
    They look very much like some non-Lego bricks I had in my childhood collection (I still find one now and then and filter it out). If we're about the same age (me: 35) it wouldn't surprise me if we had the same stuff. No idea about the brand, but the clutch power isn't great...
    rdflego
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 461
    Just learning how to identify figs out of a mixed up collection. I realize that some of these may be mis-matched but if you can at least point to where I can find the correct fig for the torso and I can match the rest. Especially Robin, did not see the two tone arms in  the database. Thanks!

Harley's torso appears to match #CTY332, but the arms are wrong color for that. Hawkeye's right hand should match his arm. Aquaman's head looks like the one from #SHO49 Mr Freeze, which came in a set that included Aquaman. Venom looks like #SHO55
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 450
    bunch of odd 2x4s floating around my storage stumping me atm...
    middle and right are both pat pend ones. Maybe @istokg got a idea

notes behind on the white sheet are random minecraft things so nothing useful :P
    http://snakeandboris.blogspot.com/2016/06/a-short-history-of-lego-brick-1949_6.html
    On that page, 9) 2x4 Brick (Slit Tubes with Sidebars) pre-1974 to 1979 looks to be a match for the one on the far right. 
    masterX244Oldfan
  • NaptownMVPNaptownMVP Indianapolis Member Posts: 15

Just obtained a gigantic box of parts and a bag of figs.  After sorting through the figs, I came across these Castle guys.  This is how they were put together in the bag, so it's possible that some parts are swapped (especially the guy with facial hair).  Any help on these?
    catwrangler
    edited May 2017
    #CAS199 could be 3 of them
    Search the Brickset minifigure listings for Breastplate, Forestman and Scale Mail and you'll find most of these. Lots of variations depending on helmets and other details.
    NaptownMVP
    Yeah, that's what I was seeing.  Looks like these have been swapped around as there isn't any ax guys with blue legs and blue belt listed.  Hmm.  Thanks for the help! Scale mail is a help!
    Are these little guys Lego?

• oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,404
    Thanks @oldtodd33 . Can anyone help with these?

The one on the far right is Part 30619. Four different sets had it in Yellow. 

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=30619&in=S

The far left is 30277, four sets had that in yellow.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=30277&in=S

The middle is just a 98281.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=98281&in=S
    thanks @The_Mad_Vulcan . Dows anyone know which sets these are part of?
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,404
    If you scroll down it tells you.

Thanks @oldtodd33 . Can anyone help with these?

The winch on the far right is:
    https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=bb67&in=S
    Can anyone identify these?

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,654
    edited May 2017

Can anyone identify these?

#76004 and #76006
    and yikes, that sticker placement on the car, brutal.
    MaffyD
    That's how all my stickers look.