Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego CMF series 16 what's your favorite

mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 329
Lovingredients the corn guy and wondering what the mystery figure is 
VaderFan2187

Comments

• vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    Isn't it Series 17? I like the pug and rabbit.
    77ncaachamps
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    edited February 2017
    You mean Series 17?  The corn guy will be popular for sure- but the kid in a rocket costume is fantastic!  The Mystery Fig looks strangely like a person in a card-costume, or some sort of blocky torso. That seems too Disney-ish, though. 

I'm mainly curious about how available the Mystery Fog will be. 
    77ncaachampsVaderFan2187
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 329
    Ya totally goofed that one meant to say 17 
  • thedoctor46thedoctor46 UKMember Posts: 213
    vwong19 said:
    The French bulldog...
    vwong19 said:
    The French bulldog...
    My bad, we have a pug and that was what came to mind, but it is a French bulldog. Maybe they can paint the snout black in future sets as a variant.
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 734
    What are they?
    Interesting that we get a pair of 80s people.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 969
    For anyone wondering, The Brick Fan has posted a picture of the box:

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-collectible-minifigures-series-17-revealed/
    ReesesPiecesGothamConstructionCoAllBrickkiki180703madforLEGOPumpkin_3CK5
    DAMN IT...i like them all....
    pharmjod
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,477
    Digging the accessories more. Shark surfboard, brick mobile phone, some sort of pie. Rocket boy is fun.
    77ncaachamps
    And, I finally have some stock and staff for #41129 .
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 1,010
    AllBrick said:
    Digging the accessories more. Shark surfboard, brick mobile phone, some sort of pie. Rocket boy is fun.
    And a whisk!
    pharmjodAllBrickkiki180703
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    Looks like a tri-corner hat and something around the neck on the mystery figure. 
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    Vintage strong man, new pie and whisk, soda jerk with hot dog and shake, rocket boy, corn guy. I like em all. Really strong series this time imo. Curious about the mystery figure.
    madforLEGOBumblepantsSumoLegoTheBigLegoskistlux
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,228
    edited February 2017
    pharmjod said:
    Vintage strong man, new pie and whisk, soda jerk with hot dog and shake, rocket boy, corn guy. I like em all. Really strong series this time imo. Curious about the mystery figure.
    With the exception of another Gladiator and Surfer,  looks pretty darn good. Actually even the Surfer and Gladiator are tolerable at this point seeing as we have not had one of either in a few series. I just hope the Mystery figure is not one per box, or a really stupid idea (IMO) like Mr Gold was.
    pharmjodBumblepantsLostInTranslationstlux
    Didnt somebody already confirm the mystery figure as a highwayman?
    CM4S
    I mean I'm curious how it will be distributed. There are 16 figures including the mystery fig, but will it have random distribution? 3 per case, 2 per case, 1 per case, less than that? I hope its just standard 3 per case.

Also curious to see it.
    madforLEGO
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 1,010
    Mystery figure could be a pirate from the silent Mary with a ticket to win a free d2c ship!

you never know - Lego may need to give the ship away to shift it!
    I can tell you one thing, as LEGO is a creature of habit in this regard, every female figure will be one of the 'rares' in the box, I'm guessing the soda jerk will be the other 'rare'
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    edited February 2017
    I'm pretty happy with the series, only a couple that won't interest me but will probably be of interest to others.
    Happy to see a new colour for the Trendsetter hair, two new animals, chef looks good, great accessories, butterfly girl so cute, loooove the dance instructor's big hair, rocket boy is fun. Corn suit guy's face looks off to me, for some reason. 
    Don't really get why we have another gladiator and what is the guy in the front row next to corn guy supposed to be? 
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,721
    edited February 2017
    @LostInTranslation you mean the Flash Gordon type space man?
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    Yeah. He's a bit weird. 
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    ^^,^ Classic 30's Spaceman?, Rocket Boy? Body... I feel some VERY classic Forced perspective vignettes already!
    madforLEGOcatwranglerkiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,923
    edited February 2017
    I like the rocket boy and rocketeer style guy. Not a fan of the dwarf or the fitness woman (another again!)

New colour for our favourite meat....

Was found floating in the pool during a party at Judge Smails house.
    catwranglerkiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,361
    edited February 2017
    (Should probably modify title to 'Lego CMF Series 17 - Which Is Your Favorite?' - @Huw; @drdavewatford; @CapnRex101)
    gmonkey76kiki180703Bumblepants77ncaachamps
    edited February 2017
    Or, just merge with the other S17 thread?
    madforLEGOgmonkey76kiki180703Bumblepants
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    Personally I think they are running out of ideas a little. More excited for Ninjago cmf and Disney series 2. Little rocket boy is quite good, but loads of ones am not fussed about.
    ^^,^ Classic 30's Spaceman?, Rocket Boy? Body... I feel some VERY classic Forced perspective vignettes already!
    Well, if you have the Series 1 Robot, or series 2 Robot, you are all set. Actually you also have 'Ming' from a previous set as well.. Kinda surprised it took them this long to make the 'hero' from that style of scifi

AllBrick said:
    Or, just merge with the other S17 thread?
    Yeah, probably should be merged with the new thread @Huw
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRAgmonkey76kiki180703
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 802
    edited February 2017
    A Retiarius? Awesome! I hope they release a Thracian and a Secutor in the future. Also that French Bulldog. Least fave would be the surfer. Rest are neat.
    A Retiarius? Awesome! I hope they release a Thracian and a Secutor in the future. Also that French Bulldog. Least fave would be the surfer. Rest are neat.
    Maybe if they release an Asterix the Gladiator set or a series based on the Russel Crowe movie..you're golden..:-)
    Having had another look,at least they seem like they're going to be fairly easy to feel out...
    I have nothing against the gladiators.. just getting one every series. At least now people have enough to have them do battle in an arena.
    edited February 2017
    redarmy said:
    Maybe if they release an Asterix the Gladiator set or a series based on the Russel Crowe movie..you're golden..:-)
     I thought Asterix is a viking. Is there another Asterix I don't know of lol. The Gladiator helmets are just freaking neat. Sucks that this one doesn't really come with one,  but he better have a net included.  
    catwranglerkiki180703
    redarmy said:
     I thought Asterix is a viking. Is there another Asterix I don't know of lol. The Gladiator helmets are just freaking neat. Sucks that this one doesn't really come with one,  but he better have a net included.  
    By toutatis, Asterix is a Gaul.
    redarmysklambPumpkin_3CK5kiki180703TheBigLegoskisid3windrstlux
    Asterix was a Gaul and in one of his many adventures became a Gladiator..he and Obelix were crazy Gauls...
    AllBrickPumpkin_3CK5kiki180703TheBigLegoski
    Asterix also had an adventure with the Vikings..but definately was not one of them..those crazy Gauls..
    AllBrickPumpkin_3CK5kiki180703
    edited February 2017
    @redarmy - The Romans are crazy, not the Gauls.

By Belenos, the thread title is distracting.
    sklambPumpkin_3CK5kiki180703TheBigLegoskistlux
    Goes to show how much I know about Asterix haha. I think it's cause I associated him with these guys:

catwranglersid3windr
    @AllBrick..i know i know...but often heard said when they had those punch ups between themselves which were mostly started by a flying rotten fish..these Gauls are crazy..and i really want these guys in minifig form...
    AllBrick
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Sparatacus (Andy Whitfield version) and Rocket Boy.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,923
    I have nothing against the gladiators.. just getting one every series. At least now people have enough to have them do battle in an arena.
    There are two in 17 series, that's hardly every series.
    BumblepantscatwranglerpharmjodSumoLego
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    Yeah, warriors from different times and places in history are not all gladiators.
    Pumpkin_3CK5madforLEGOpharmjod
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,435
    AllBrick said:
    @redarmy - The Romans are crazy, not the Gauls.

By Belenos, the thread title is distracting.
    They are all pretty nuts! Gauls, Romans, pirates, etc. etc. and they are all totally hilarious.
    _________

Okay TLG, damn you, just take my money!
    All these series 17 minifigs are fantastic! I can't choose, I want all of them.
    pharmjodAllBrick
  • WananekoWananeko GranadaMember Posts: 13
    My thoughts on the whole series:

• Surf guy: I really like this one. His hairpiece used to be kinda rare and exclusive to some Luke minifigs but it's starting to get more common and I appreciate it. The suf board with shark print is superb.
    • Cook girl: I'm always down for the new hats, especially when they include hair! the cake looks really nice too.
    • Hot dog vendor: not too interested on this one, but having more food pieces is always good.
    • Female elf warrior: I need to see this one fully, but looks good.
    • Weight-lifter / strongman: I need to see his body printing but this one looks fun.
    • CSI guy: not sure if this is a CSI type of detective/cop. Not very excited for this one. 
    • Vet girl: this one is nice and I need that hair piece and the rabbit!
    • Unknown (highwayman?): this one has me hyped and excited. I'm a bit fan of a PS4 game called Bloodborne and I am hoping this is really a highwayman with new pieces I can use to make my own custom minifigs inspired by that videogame.
    • French guy: I just need that dog!
    • Butterfly girl: not very excited about it but I do want that hair piece.
    • Gladiator: I'm always ready to get new warriors and this one looks good enough to me!
    • Corn guy: this one is fun. I'm not too excited for it but I'll buy it anyway. I always get the weird ones.
    • Rocketeer/sci-fi villain: I love this guy and the new ray gun is just neat.
    • Dance instructor: I'll be getting this one just for the hair piece.
    • Dwarf: kinda cool but I'm not sure if I'll buy it. When we get a better look at these I'll see if I can use his torso.
    • Rocket kid: this one is just brilliant.
    edited February 2017
    CCC said:
    There are two in 17 series, that's hardly every series.
    Who is the other? The soda jerk? Cause it is not the Dwarf
    In all 17 series we have gotten two gladiator figures. Not 2 in series 17.
    Pumpkin_3CK5
    edited February 2017
    pharmjod said:
    In all 17 series we have gotten two gladiator figures. Not 2 in series 17.
    Yeah thanks @pharmjod .. Sorry @CCC, misread your post. Strange though as it feels like there are more than the 2 out of the 16 series released so far.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,557
    maybe you are thinking of roman dudes?
    or the highlander / barbarian figs?
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    Could be nice to MOC an arena with the gladiators, if you could get enough minifigs together - we've had the Caesar CMF and a couple of differently ranked Roman soldiers...