Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF Series 17 - The Real One (2017)

rd1899rd1899 U.S.A.Member Posts: 170
(I looked back several months and didn't spot any existing threads)

From the front page article:
The Brick Show has published an image of the Series 17 Collectable Minifigures which are on display at the New York Toy Fair. The series features plenty of new elements and some brilliant minifigures including a pastry chef, a vet, a weightlifter and a boy wearing a rocket costume.

Here's the smaller image from the Brickset article:
httpimagesbricksetcomnewsCMFs2017jpg
Also, the Brick Show's article has a much larger version of this photo (3000x2250).

These aren't official names, just my guesses/descriptions to help the discussion along:

Front Row (L-to-R):
1. French Guy
2. Fairy Girl
3. Not Sure - Some sort of warrior
4. Corn Cob Guy
5. Classic Serial Sci-Fi Villain (e.g., from Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon -type film serials)
6. 'Eighties Aerobics Lady
7. No Idea - Angry Troll???
8. Classic Rocket Kid (with juniorized Classic Space Logo flag)

Second Row (L-to-R):
9. Surfer Guy
10. Female Pastry Chef
11. Diner Guy
12. Female Elf Warrior
13. Classic Weightlifter
14. 'Eighties Guy (with brick-style cellphone)
15. Veterinarian
16. Unknown: Thought to be a highwayman

Diner Guy is holding a blue tray with a hot dog in a bun, plus a milkshake container.  (That's one I planning on getting at least a few of for MOC purposes).

'Eighties Guy's cellphone looks to be a standard walkie-talkie with a 1x1 printed tile of a telephone speaker and a cheese slope with a phone keypad.
madforLEGOpharmjodcatwranglerkiki180703lego007snowhitiethedingman5stluxjosekalelMinifigureMaddnessricecakeTXLegoguy

Comments

• krklintkrklint Member Posts: 502
    I see only 4 cmf's from this set to buy: Corn Cob Guy, Classic Serial Sci-fi villain, Classic Rocket Kid, and French Guy for the puppy. The rest = rehash I'm not interested in hashing in to.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,170
    All of them are great, even the rehashes as well. BUT Im a collector of the series so Im getting at least 1 set.
    pharmjodgmonkey76kiki180703stluxjosekalel
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    I'm cracking up at the 80s cellphone. That is hysterical. Don Johnson lego figure. Ha!
    madforLEGOgmonkey76kiki180703TikiLuki
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,365
    Does anyone notice the 80s cellphone is actually just a walkie talkie with a 1x1 tile and cheese wedge on there? That's awesome!

Whole series rocks once again, and the mystery figure is a Highwayman. Idk why they're hiding that one. Maybe he comes with a horse..! But I doubt that.
    LostInTranslationkiki180703josekalel
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    edited February 2017
    I honestly think that's the weakest line up yet.
    The_Mad_Vulcankrklintkiki180703Steve_J_OM
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 453
    So much want.
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    edited February 2017
    CM4S said:
    Does anyone notice the 80s cellphone is actually just a walkie talkie with a 1x1 tile and cheese wedge on there? That's awesome!

Whole series rocks once again, and the mystery figure is a Highwayman. Idk why they're hiding that one. Maybe he comes with a horse..! But I doubt that.
    Any chance it's a zombie shark!?

/s
    MasterBeefy
    Based on the silhouette it could be Captain Pike with Mickey Mouse ears on for all we know
    Dedgeckogmonkey76pharmjod
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    I really hope the 16th mystery character doesn't become some sort of chase guy. 
    catwranglerpharmjod
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    The 80s workout chic looks like Carrot-Top in tights. 

A lot of great here. The "occupations" are the strongest I think with the Pastry Chef, Diner Guy, and the Veterinarian that could easily double as a nurse. 

Other notables: Finally a female Elf and the classic Sci-fi Villain is just flippin cool. Love his ray-gun. 

I like the Rocket kid too although I was hoping for more of a Rocketeer type hero. 

As far as corn suit dude and butterfly girl... Uggh. Enough already. 
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    I can see seven I want, which is nice because I never want to be in a position of trying to collect all of a series - closest I've got is having twelve of series 14, and that's only because I'm a Hallowe'en addict... 

I love it when they do retro/old fashioned stuff like the weightlifter and the spaceman in this series; the boy in the rocket suit is great too!
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,574
    edited February 2017
    I think the new dog mold is a French Bulldog rather than another puppy.
    That rabbit is just too big. 
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,691
    I can see the need to get at least two sets. One to keep together, and one for parts. 
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,477
    ^^ RUN AWAY!
    SumoLegopharmjodDedgeckoBumblepantsGoldchainsklatu003datsunrobbiered5
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 360
    Unlike some of the past series I can see duplicates being pretty sought after for rare parts and MOC fans. The downside is their being priced the same as The LEGO Batman Movie series, that new 5$ CND a piece for a Minifigure, is a bit pricy.
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 511
    Must have the French Guy for the Frenchie figure--best breed-specific lego dog ever! Lots of other good figures, but I don't really want the whole set, especially at the higher price. This is going to be a serious dilemma, I can tell.
  • WananekoWananeko GranadaMember Posts: 13
    The shadowed minifig...that should be a highwayman. In my head I am thinking of a Bloodborne hunter, but I guess it's not gonna be even close to looking like one.

I mean this guy: http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/01/Gecco-Hunter-bloodborne-014.jpg
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 796
    @Wananeko be cool if they did a Hunter Minifig with an Infant Great One accessory. 
  • UberbrickUberbrick OregonMember Posts: 83
    Top 2 wanted: Corn cob guy & Rocket kid. Some of the other ones are cool too.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 793
    edited February 2017
    Unlike some of the past series I can see duplicates being pretty sought after for rare parts and MOC fans. The downside is their being priced the same as The LEGO Batman Movie series, that new 5$ CND a piece for a Minifigure, is a bit pricy.
    Do we know for a fact they are $5 each? I was hoping they would go back to $4. I really like the new series, but at that price, I'm out.
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    flord said:
    Do we know for a fact they are $5 each? I was hoping they would go back to $4. I really like the new series, but at that price, I'm out.
    From all that was said about the LBM CMFs, that price increase was just for that series, due to licencing rights...
  • zwalk1839zwalk1839 Member Posts: 18
    edited February 2017
    Had to google what a "highwayman" was...thought you were talking about a road worker type guy. I was wrong lol. I think the mystery guy is a person wearing one of those square signs on there chest that advertise for stores on the sidewalks>>>
    https://goo.gl/images/DVC1A0
    My thoughts on the series...I love it! Lots of great characters for our city and some odd balls to keep it interesting. The 80s guy might be my favorite
    Jern92sid3windr
    Can we refer to the 80s guy by his proper title? Surely he is a yuppie.
    madforLEGOmatticus_bricks
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    edited February 2017
    Why is the alleged highwayman not shown? Is it going to be a Mr Gold type chase?
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,441
    I have seen other blind bag toys include a mystery figure that isn't actually really rare - would constitute one of the 3per box types in a standard CMF series. Normally it's something like a golden version of another character or a different costume- all the examples I can think of are Superhero based.

I hope that's all it is. All the figures shown look great, so for me it'd be a shame if the mystery figure is another Mr Gold scenario to put a black mark against this series.
    catwranglermadforLEGO
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    Considering the only character analogy Ive ever been able to come up with for Mr Gold is the Monopoly guy - a Highwayman chase figure would indeed indicate TLG are just taking the piss now!
    red5
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    I'm positively underwhelmed by CMF17. Quite disappointed. Many of them seem quite familiar and not too dis-similar to ones we have had before. 
    richo
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,441
    I'd have thought if it was a mr gold scenario then LEGO would show the fig to hype it. I really think it's just a new marketing ploy
    William_Townsley
    Mrs Gold?
    flordLegogramstlux
  • Wookie2Wookie2 Leeds, UKMember Posts: 216
    As most CMF series are 16 minifigures strong I doubt it is (and will be unhappy if it is) a Mr Gold situation as I can only count 15 excluding the hidden one. Overall I think they look pretty cool and love the Rocket Suit Boy in particular.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,005
    edited February 2017
    What if there is a rare variant of the highway man.

$80?!
    Yes but his hat is Sand Blue instead of brown!!!
     Oh no way! Here take $100!
    Legopassion8
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,651
    Like most of these and can see myself getting the full set.
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 422
    Think this series looks great. This will be the first time I want to get a full set. Quite happy with the rehashes as I was still in dark ages for most of the earlier series. 

Glad I have found a toy shop that will feel out the sets for me and let me order a complete set. No more standing in the supermarket for ages. 
    Dedgecko
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 734
    Good god..to think with S17 coming out..and starting with the Disney series when it came out last year..i will have managed to collect 9 whole cmf series in 12 months..holy jebus..

• GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    redarmy said:
    Good god..to think with S17 coming out..and starting with the Disney series when it came out last year..i will have managed to collect 9 whole cmf series in 12 months..holy jebus..

To be fair...we warned you...now you are in its clutches and will never surface again.  
    BumblepantspharmjodcatwranglerWookie2stluxbandit778
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    redarmy said:

*Shudder* that sounds expensive!
    To be fair..there were kindly folks on here that made it a whole easier and less expensive that it probably should've been..
    pharmjodGoldchains
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    You were warned. You were given an explanation. Nevertheless you persisted =)
    catwranglergmonkey76mr.pigglesdatsunrobbieGoldchainskbenjesmldj77
    pharmjod said:
    You were warned. You were given an explanation. Nevertheless you persisted =)
    That is very true...but i think you all vastly underestimated my stupidity:-)
    tallblocktoopharmjodBOBJACK_JACKBOBGoldchainsbandit778
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    l love the little rocket and corn guy
    edited February 2017
    redarmy said:

pffft, only 9? ;-) Many of us have been 'chasing this fix' since series 1 and still succumb to getting the next series.
    But this is why I just buy a 'series' from someone selling a set at this point, and go find duplicates I want in the stores.
    Speaking of which, I wonder when @MinifiguresPlus will be offering pre-orders for this series? Id imagine around when it is released, but still wondering.
    gmonkey76kbenjes
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,674
    Think this series looks great. This will be the first time I want to get a full set. Quite happy with the rehashes as I was still in dark ages for most of the earlier series. 

Glad I have found a toy shop that will feel out the sets for me and let me order a complete set. No more standing in the supermarket for ages. 
    Ohh what toy shop???
    @TheFew - Small toy shop in Seaford, East Sussex does this. They also have loyalty cards and opened swaps.
    redarmy said:

pffft, only 9? ;-) Many of us have been 'chasing this fix' since series 1 and still succumb to getting the next series.
    But this is why I just buy a 'series' from someone selling a set at this point, and go find duplicates I want in the stores.
    Speaking of which, I wonder when @MinifiguresPlus will be offering pre-orders for this series? Id imagine around when it is released, but still wondering.
    Them there's fighting words laddie..i feel a bet coming on :-p
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 316
    Hopefully a highwayman I can make an Adam Ant fig from! Otherwise just want the surfboard and corn guy. Probably the closest we'll get to a Red Dwarf set next to the rocket boy  :( and an
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 316
    ... and another French guy? Zzz