Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

21310 Old Fishing Store

Comments

• typocorrectotypocorrecto Member Posts: 192
    Insta-buy
    legomental
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,804
    Dedgecko said:
    But adventuretime has multiple dimensions sets too--or was it just one!?
    Adventure time has three dimensions packs.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,141
    Dedgecko said:
    But adventuretime has multiple dimensions sets too--or was it just one!?
    Just the one character set.
  • Patrik78Patrik78 Member Posts: 142
    Ok, must have :)
  • prettybigguyprettybigguy Bellevue, WA USAMember Posts: 20
    This set and "Fun at the Beach" would both be great opportunities to include the seagull accessory that has only been available with the CMF 10 Sea Captain. Also, I really hope that the blue baseplates are made available again soon. I need to build a shoreline it seems! 
    catwranglerGjedwardsAllBricksid3windrMattDawson
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
    ^and spend $34.95.  Well then...
    SumoLego
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 702
    edited March 2017
    Can someone link the image? I missed it!
    edit: never mind, found it on reddit!
  • lentillentil WisconsinMember Posts: 53
    Wow, I love it! I'm surprised it looks so close to the original actually. I thought they would simplify it drastically to get the piece count down... but it looks like a pretty detailed model, with an insane number of tile pieces in amazing colors - cool! I see they did remove the little notch at the corner of the main building, which does diminish the original charm a bit. But they also made some changes which I think are improvements, like using a giant sand baseplate, and having some space at the edges of the building with more extensive rockwork to integrate the building into the landscape. Also love the minifigs. I'm going to have to start saving up for this one right now, lol... Do we know when it's scheduled to come out?
  • CaptainPirateManCaptainPirateMan MichiganMember Posts: 345
    Where are the pics?
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 265
    Cant find them either. Searching reddit with keywords 'old fishing store' gives no result. But maybe I'm just too stupid (or old) for this kind of illegal stuff.... 
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,524
     @CaptainPirateMan  and @dutchlegofan50  Try searching "lego old fishing store"  and click on the imgur link next to the picture of the lego box.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,509
    Images up on the Brickset Twitter and Instagram! Looks gorgeous. And unless my eyes deceive me, olive green profile brick 1x2s are a thing now!
    LostInTranslationstlux
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 485
    Looks really good, cant wait :)
  • RakulRakul USAMember Posts: 179
    ^ Agreed, can't wait to pick this up!
  • raygunnraygunn Member Posts: 91
    More lobsters AND seagulls!
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
    That looks sooo good but I dunno about $150 good. Maybe $1....30 haha
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    I like it... Although it appears to have it's fair share of sticker fun.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,569
    Beautiful. Must have. 
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,956
    Hubba hubba hubba!
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,616
    Liking that a lot. Trying to figure out if I can shrink it a few studs in width to fit on the edge of my harbour or just expand the wooden boards and go bigger!
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    Gawjus. Proper gawjus.
    SalamalexLEGO_Dad77
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 788
    CircleK said:
    It's an Ideas set.

All that lovely art is undoubtedly going to be printed.

These Ideas sets have been so impressive as of late, can't wait to see what's coming in the futures (especially with the current collection of sets in review.
    dougts
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,524
    It looks like a ton of stickers from the Youtube reveal video. There's a Brickset t-shirt in the back ground if you look.
    edited June 2017
    Penkid11 said:
    CircleK said:
    It's an Ideas set.

All that lovely art is undoubtedly going to be printed.

These Ideas sets have been so impressive as of late, can't wait to see what's coming in the futures (especially with the current collection of sets in review.
    No way those are all printed. I would love to be wrong though. 
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
    Anyone notice the leaked box we saw a while back was a preliminary model? Don't think we've seen one of those for an Ideas set before! Interesting! 
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    That will be a day one purchase for me which is unusual. I almost always wait for a discount. 
    CM4SLegoboy
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,593
    edited June 2017
    Depends on what the promotion is for September, but I will be adding it to my collection. All I need to do now moc an Orca for Quint.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,509
    Unfortunately it looks like stickers are going to make an appearance. Looking at some of close ups taken by folks at the event showed the raised edges of stickers on at​ least a few of the decorated parts. At least the wood boards are printed though as the 1*3 and 1*4 are already in production.
    MattDawson
  • cozycozy Member Posts: 152
    Day 1 buy for sure :)
  • zmarkellazmarkella UKMember Posts: 48
    Images up on the Brickset Twitter and Instagram! Looks gorgeous. And unless my eyes deceive me, olive green profile brick 1x2s are a thing now!
    Yup! Counted around 15 of them!
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 618
    Fishing is my other hobby besides being a Lego nerd, so this is absolutely a day 1 purchase. 
    LEGO_Dad77
    Fishing is my other hobby besides being a Lego nerd, so this is absolutely a day 1 purchase. 

I think that is the reason it doesn't appeal to me as much as I thought it would.  I don't fish. Really have no interest in fishing. I haven't touched a fishing rod since I was in high school.

I love the model though and really appreciate all the great details. I think it looks nicer than probably all the modulars, other than Assembly Square.  So, if I get it then I may have to transform it into one of those seedy, run down sea food restaurants that you see along the East coast, b/c that is something I can get behind.
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 355

This interests me purely because it supports the Non-Licensed LEGO Ideas that LEGO creates. I bought Exo-Suit, Research Institute and I intend to pick this one up as well, I've skipped the likes of Birds and Marble Maze simply because I'm more of a minifig collector and the sets that complement them, so I'll be skipping Saturn V and saving up for this come release day.

What really grabs me here is the fact that this is a type of building we haven't seen before. It'll go great with some Modulars and the like... Now I just need to get a few Modulars and start focusing on the higher end of LEGO Collectibles.

catwrangler
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    I really like this set, but not sure I $150 like it. Although that price is about right in line when you consider the piece count.

If it shows up at Barnes and Noble where I can get the 10% off like I did for the Saturn V, I'd probably buy it instantly though. 
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Its lovely and puts the modular to shame, I should want it but not sure if it would be enough on its own. Feels like it really needs the other sets in the series to go with it which sadly won't happen. That said it feels like ideas has really become the pinnacle of lego now with Saturn v and this 
    prevereLegoboy
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,902
    Its lovely and puts the modular to shame, I should want it but not sure if it would be enough on its own. Feels like it really needs the other sets in the series to go with it which sadly won't happen. That said it feels like ideas has really become the pinnacle of lego now with Saturn v and this 
    I'm hoping brick city depot or other MOC instruction sellers might step up to the plate and create some additional co-habitual dwellings.
    SumoLegobandit778stlux
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,288
    andhe said:
    Looks fantastic. Most of the ideas sets haven't done anything for me, so great to see a truly original creation pass review. The amount of stuff in the interior looks incredible! Price looks about right. Also the original did have figures they're just not shown on that front angle.

I wanted to see the project idea and final build side by side if anyone's interested.
    https://flic.kr/p/Vao7fK
    I find it interesting that the TLG version's roof is even messier, or more dilapidated than the original design. It tells me that their designer(s) really were attracted to that aesthetic. 
    catwranglersid3windrlentilmadforLEGO
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 315
    I like this set, but I just don't have a place for it.  By that I mean it doesn't fit with any themes I have on display right now.  I have a city setup with some modular, but this one would just be too out of place.  It's neat.  The Saturn V is still the best Ideas set to be released so far in my opinion, in terms of quality and price.
  • Peter1975Peter1975 DeventerMember Posts: 166
    I hope Lego will produce all sets made by Robert Bontenbal

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/31478121595/

Switchfoot55Mynattcatwranglermustang69
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,968
    ^Agreed. I love his color palette and aesthetic .
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 590
    I really hope the boat repair shop will happen, would really love to see a small harbor village. The dive shop is another one that I am really rooting for.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/65a584ca-7a48-4996-9b87-4e1f652ae0b5

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/8f01864e-aa8b-4ed9-9532-f54b0a2dc3cc

All of them work so well together.
    ^ I love his designs also, but I find it hard to believe Lego will release more, at least not soon. But.... maybe if this one sells really well, like the Saturn V.
    dougts
  • CaptainPirateManCaptainPirateMan MichiganMember Posts: 345
    All 3 of them would be great, but I would choose the Dive Shop over the Boat repair shop. If we get 1 more, that would be my pick, but all 3 are VERY nice.
    Anyone else notice the dynamite in the brickset image that shows the open back? Doesn't seem like a sustainable fishing practice to me! :)
  • libbsterlibbster great white northMember Posts: 9
    I really hope they dont under produce this set and have serious shortages like with the Saturn V right now I've been looking everywhere for it every day since June 1 but its sold out everywhere :O
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 485
    edited June 2017
    @libbster I wouldnt worry too much (yet). A similar thing happened last year with the Disney Castle. It came out September 1st and I decided to wait until the double points became available in October. As the double points time grew closer I started to get nervous as it was still showing out of stock and reports were coming in that it would be that way until after the first of the year. Anyway, I just kept an eye on the product page on [email protected] and finally in the middle of October it became available.  Really it just comes down to a matter of patience, it will come back in stock.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,964
    ^ They usually come back into stock. There have been some idea sets that have not necessarily come back into stock much or go out of stock immediately. Women scientists was one such set, and I want to say I lucked out with buying Curiosity.  I would think, though, if they are investing in a large Ides set that it will be around for a bit, even if it is hard to buy initially.
    SumoLegodougts