Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Power Functions 8293- am I missing something?

SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
Browsing through [email protected], I see that the Power Functions Motor Set is on backorder- again. It seems like this set is always out of stock in some way or another, and people go wild whenever it is on even the slightest of sale.

Why?
This set looks like a horrible deal. The electronics in it cost only 26.79, and they aren't a good mix. So you end up paying more than $3 for a couple gears. Normally, when you buy a bundle or "super pack" the package is cheaper, not more expensive.

Comments

• akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,026
    Power Functions motors always seem to be on backorder. I ordered some back in November, and it finally arrived yesterday.
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    it's just a symptom of people trying to get a PF motor any way they can. some are willing to pay a little extra to get it through that set rather than go through PaB, or other means (or wait for those other routes to restock again, if the set is still in stock)
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,366
    I don't think PaB has PF motors, they're just on the [email protected] site right next to the PF motor set mentioned above...
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • JodyJody Eastern USAMember Posts: 104
    edited February 2017
    My IR receivers that have been on backorder forever just shipped yesterday. Servo motors came back in a week or two ago. They seem to have trouble keeping up with the demand for PF stuff.
    MattDawsonkiki18070377ncaachamps
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,366
    edited February 2017
    When I wanted to order the rechargeable battery pack half a year ago or so I did have to wait a long while until it changed from sold out to available... didn't even have the backorder option :/

And heh, I've ordered one of those 20cm PF-oldstyle converter cables and it is indeed backordered...