Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The "brag" thread: Post your recent great finds!

Comments

• SweepyDSweepyD USMember Posts: 78
    Looks like walmart...*ducks away*
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    They also had the City and Star Wars advent calendars (about 3 cases of each by the looks of it) for $15 each. I nabbed a Star Wars set. :D
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    Yes, Walmart. :)
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 711
    edited February 2017
    @legoDad if that Batcave goes any lower I'd be happy to take it!
    LEGO_Dad77
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 977
    @elspankdog
    Willing to wager you'll also find #4502 in that mix!
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    edited February 2017
    So far I found 7166, 7124, 7300, 7315, 7311, 7141, and 6546.  Most of the Lego stuff is in great shape.
    MooreFXkiki180703
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 339
    edited February 2017
    ^^ I got it for $69.99 (thanks for price matching, Target!), that's a great deal. Totally worth it, in my opinion.

Also, kudos for the self control, @LEGO_Dad77, I need to work on that...
    LEGO_Dad77
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    Found a minotaurus game in Acorns for 8.99 - a useful parts pack, especially considering it is almost new, and has extra parts and a classic green baseplate!
    ClutchPower
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,514
    Just got these 3 large posters from a friend who works in smyths. I now realise they combine so have to cheekily ask him for the other knights!
    sonsofscevacatwranglerMattDawsonkiki180703stluxDaraghClutchPowerricecake
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 537
    found Minotaurus and Wild Wool (Shave a Sheep) for $1 each at a thrift shop. Minotaurus had the base plate and half the bricks and the other was about 90%, but great for $2!
    ClutchPower
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 987
    edited February 2017
    I would have to say the $.99 dimension series 1 sets are a pretty good find, especially the level packs like #71204 & #71203.  If you live near a 99 Cent store go look for them, they are going fast.
    ClutchPowerMorkMan77ncaachamps
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,460
    ^ If only they were 99p in one of our discount stores.....
    MaffyD
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,261
    ^ Hell, I'd go as far as paying a full pound...
    AllBrick
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,730
    ^ If I could only find a Skydiver.
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703davetheoxygenmanClutchPowerTyresOFlahertyTheMaker37brumey
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ If only I could find someone that wanted my Skydivers. 
    SumoLegoClutchPowerTheMaker37brumeygmonkey76
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,437
    #41093 Heartlake Hair Salon, missing one minidoll, instructions and box
    #41103 Pop Star Recording Studio, missing minidoll and box
    #41092 Stephanie's Pizzeria, missing minidoll, instructions and box
    #41112 Party Cakes, missing instructions and box
    all jumbled together in a bag for $5.99 from the local thrift store. When I found the bag with #41103 instructions I figured that was all that was in the bag, so the other 3 sets were an unexpected bonus. 
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 691
    ^ She is a beauty...have fun...
    TyresOFlahertykiki180703
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,431

Just took a trip to a thrift/charity shop. Got a 32x32 green baseplate for $1. Needs cleaned, but it's in good shape otherwise.

They also had a #21116 Minecraft Crafting Box. It had obviously been opened and was taped shut. It felt about the right weight. They wanted $20. I couldn't pull the trigger out of fear I was buying a bunch of off-brand bricks. We'll see if it sticks around until it goes on sale. I'd gladly pay a few bucks for it!

Jackad7catwrangler
  • UberbrickUberbrick OregonMember Posts: 83
    Craigslist success!! $170 and brand spanking new!

Not sure if that's good enough of a deal to post about it, but I am STOKED!
    Got mine for $140 :P (Technically, it's been opened and the parts are re-bagged, but the box is undamaged and the pieces are in brand new condition)
    TyresOFlaherty
  • SlicksonSlickson Member Posts: 10
    Found 75918: T-Rex Tracker($69 MSRP) for $20 at Walmart yesterday ... just sitting there on a shelf among all the other LEGO sets with no price tag on it. I thought it was odd to be still on the shelf ... so I scanned it!
    Wookie2BlueTacoBumblepantspharmjodClutchPowerflordstluxkiki180703
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 565
    edited February 2017

After looking around further in the $20 bin I also found two classic yellow Lego spacemen. Ultra happy because these are the first classic spacemen I have ever owned. Must say that these are awesome!!
    ClutchPowercatwrangler77ncaachampsJudgeChuckkiki180703LEGO_Dad77matticus_bricks
  • ditchoramaditchorama EarthMember Posts: 23
    Just scored a used UCS Slave 1 on fleabay for $100 AUD...pretty stoked, my first UCS set
    LegogramSumoLegoMAGNINOMINISUMBRAVorpalRyuJackad7kiki18070377ncaachamps
    Just scored a used UCS Slave 1 on fleabay for $100 AUD...pretty stoked, my first UCS set
    My seven year-old daughter tells me that 'AUD' means a 'mazillion billion' dollars.
    VorpalRyustluxkiki180703TheMaker37
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 977
    SumoLego said:
    My seven year-old daughter tells me that 'AUD' means a 'mazillion billion' dollars.
    Sumo - When I look at the RRP of some sets here in Oz, I can't help but agree with your daughters assessment!
    VorpalRyuSumoLego
  • AJtheredAJthered Liverpool, UKMember Posts: 4
    My most recent best buy would have to be the Spider-Man Web Warriors Bridge Battle for £53.99 in the Liverpool One Disney Store.
    blakusdk
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    Just wandered through Target and found 76034 Bat Boat Harbor Pursuit laying by itself.
    I scanned it at a price checker and for some reason they had it priced at $13.99!
    I scooped it up as I needed Deathstroke. 
    BumblepantsTyresOFlahertykiki180703
  • MrKettleMrKettle OxfordshireMember Posts: 134
    @FollowsClosely - Jeez! How much did that lot set you back if you don't mind me asking?
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 213
    ^^^ All the colours of the rainbow...
    edited February 2017
    $1 polybags and some Walgreens and Wal-mart clearance specials.  $45 for 70317 - The Fortrex.  Threw in the 70903 Riddler Racer so I could use the $10 off $50 coupon at Target.

FollowsCloselyClutchPowerkiki180703VorpalRyu
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    ^Wouldn't happen to be in Houston, would you?
    No, but the 99c only store in Conroe (NE of Houston) has a bunch of Portals, Scooby-Do and Krusties still
    FollowsCloselykiki180703
    Planning a road trip?
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    SumoLego said:
    Planning a road trip?
    NASA facilities doesn't visit themselves (and I'm talking the real one, not the tourist one).
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,404
    ...and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all these.  I feel like I'm just visiting the 99c store to help them move inventory at this point.

Share the bargains, sell some to fellow Bricksetters and triple your money.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRAClutchPowerkiki180703stluxjosekalelTyresOFlaherty
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    edited February 2017
    edit: fail!  wrong chat
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    I scored the Birmingham John Lewis store display Wall-E. Aside from about 10 parts at most, he's complete. A steal at 20 - especially when the box is still there!
  • garage_flipsgarage_flips Louisiana, USAMember Posts: 1
    Total of 33 sets I bought last weekend.  Paid 450 for everything.  Can I share YouTube video?

• MytybizarMytybizar Kentucky, USAMember Posts: 8
    Just got 2 2016 Star Wars advent calendars from Wal-Mart for $9 each!
    CaptainRogersjosekalelDeeC2_Joshelspankdogkiki180703ClutchPowerMynatt
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 145
    I picked up http://brickset.com/sets/75156-1/Krennic-s-Imperial-Shuttle  at Barnes and Noble. They had 25% marked down and I get a 10% discount. Today I picked up http://brickset.com/sets/75104-1/Kylo-Ren-s-Command-Shuttle at Walmart. I'd been waiting for the price to hit a low point. The store I found it at was the one that got all of them on a return when another store had them marked down to $35. I got mine for $50.