Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's the longest you have gone without purchasing anything Lego-related?

Comments

• catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,854
    Well, that was a short stretch. I was tempted to make it 7 days instead of 6 just to get into a new month, but I couldn't trust [email protected] not to sell out of some of the half-price sale items I wanted! 
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,473
    well, make it 15 days. went on [email protected] out of the blue and noticed the sales.
    grabbed a sith infiltrator for 50% off and a penguin arctic roller.
    I'll probably skip the february promo then, as it is the penguin set I planned to get.
    TyresOFlaherty
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Welp, only 48 hours that time. Ordered the Tartan Batman. Apparently it comes with a free book! And Battle of Takodana, which I always want to call Tadonka for some reason.
    SprinkleOtterstluxTyresOFlahertycatwranglerBumblepantssnowhitie
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,585
    Time to restart the clock picked up two #853651 and one #30352 #41235 #30546
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,048
    And Battle of Takodana, which I always want to call Tadonka for some reason.

BumblepantsYodaliciousricecakepharmjodTheMaker37flordGalactus
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    Kmart going out of business with 40% off toys became the latest excuse. Especially with a $10 off $50 purchase coupon. 
    SumoLego
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 356
    did it again. This time bought the Rebel battle pack #75133 and Hoth Attach #75138 both at 50% off just to get 2 TBLM polys with mini batwing.
    You know that thing where five days later you see a 7x Nectar points offer on Ebay and then find a shop selling a lot of the ones you want with an extra discount? That. 
    Just paid for a bricklink order so time to restart the clock.
    Salamalex
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 722
    Ditto. I think I can hold out until double points in March.
    77ncaachamps
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    pharmjod said:
    Kmart going out of business with 40% off toys became the latest excuse. Especially with a $10 off $50 purchase coupon. 

Ours closed last year and there was actually a good bit left when the 40% and 50% off discounts finally rolled in. Those discounts coupled with the onslaught of shop your way rewards coupons that kept coming in led to a total loss of discretion. 
    77ncaachampspharmjodMattDawson
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    Yeah. I bought quite a bit. Tried to focus on retired sets. Final Duel, dragon sanctuary, droid escape mainly. Also got a few sets I just wanted. 50% off with coupon was too good to pass.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,865
    This is day one of my three month self imposed ban. I can either buy a house or buy lego, sadly, I cannot buy both if I don't budgegt. The house, finally after a year, has won.
    catwrangler77ncaachampsPeteMtallblocktoosnowhitieGalactus
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Congrats, Redbull!

• RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,865
    Thanks - I haven't bought anything yet. I need to finish saving the deposit first. 
  • TikiLukiTikiLuki ChicagoMember Posts: 60
    I've gone years at a time without buying anything. And then I'll buy a few sets. Although the last time I went more than 4-6 months without buying any LEGO was before the first of the holiday sets, because I've bought at least that one set every year since they debuted.
    Gotta get the Lego Batman Movie posters!
    gmonkey76tallblocktooBumblepantsstlux
  • dbrougedbrouge QcMember Posts: 25
    ^ Way too close to reality than I'd like to admit!
    terfsten
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 647
    Thanks - I haven't bought anything yet. I need to finish saving the deposit first. 
    You can save for a house deposit using a mere 3 months of Lego spending?  Safe to say your Lego budget is a bit larger than mine...
    legomentalterfsten
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    edited February 2017
    Oldfan said:
    You can save for a house deposit using a mere 3 months of Lego spending?  Safe to say your Lego budget is a bit larger than mine...
    And he's probably not in California... But more power to him!
    Oldfan said:
    No, I have been saving for a while. I have another year to reach my deposit of £10K. It does mean I have to really cut my spending so now if I want a big set (I am aiming for the helicarrier) I have to save up.
    77ncaachampscatwrangler
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    As someone who doesn't have a mortgage payment or a car payment (not yet), it's still somewhat difficult to just buy whatever I want, but I managed to snag some sales here and there. Would I like to buy all the modulars?? Of course! But then I would be broke. 
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ Broke in wallet, but rich in spirit.

(Or something else you'd read on a motivational poster.)
    catwranglerSprinkleOtterterfsten
    Mmmmh...

gmonkey76BumblepantsMynatt
    Resetting clock: Just ordered from [email protected] to get my Disco Tears of Batman
    gmonkey76
    14 min. had to get Disco Batman
    77ncaachamps
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 496
    The site was still up and working an hour and a half later! Either the demand for cutsie Batman figures isn't all that high or they've actually fixed the site to work under heavy loads...guess we'll know for sure the first time they do double VIP points.
    77ncaachamps
    Damnit. Reset the clock. Batman poly, etc etc.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,777
    Is this thread turning into a rate monitor for "What are you buying right now ?" and if so, I hope all of you are posting in that thread as well, or it'll throw the stats off! :-)
    sid3windrjosekalel77ncaachampsSumoLego
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,452
    I typed here first, then thought that indeed most of the post belonged in the other thread. Then again, I ended up not posting at all...
    Bumblepants
    Dammit. Double points. 
    gmonkey76
    ^ My wife bought me some stuff on Saturday. Not pleased.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,129
    edited March 2017
    Still counting the days. :(
    One of my Lenten promises was giving up buying Lego.

It's going to be a long 40 days.
    Yes, it's not a great "sacrifice" but maybe it will help me focus my energies and monies to do some betterment in my community.
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742

Yes, it's not a great "sacrifice" but maybe it will help me focus my energies and monies to do some betterment in my community.
    You know that you're allowed to do the thing you gave up on Sundays, right?
    snowhitie
    ^ I think last Tuesday was when that ship sailed.

My mother-in-law says no reprieves during lent.  No Lego - even on Sundays!
    SprinkleOtter
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 355
    ^What kind of heavenly being would be okay with this? Heck, there's even a line named after him/her: The Divine Creator. Or at least I think that is the full name.  
    sid3windrSprinkleOtterSalamalexgmonkey76

You know that you're allowed to do the thing you gave up on Sundays, right?
    Sex?

NFL (49er games)?

;p

It has defined and continues to define who I am.
    But I'm far from being a role model. ;)
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 341
    Had to reset the clock last night. My son puked all over the place, and so I needed to buy some more baking soda and Febreze to kill the smell in the carpet, so I got myself the #60146 Stunt Truck as a reward.
    Bumblepants77ncaachampssnowhitiespepperGalactusMynatt
    @TyresOFlaherty Completely reasonable response to having to deal with puke!
    bandit778TyresOFlahertystluxKlintanSumoLegosnowhitie
    My eldest was ill last night too. Her bed linen has been stripped, scraped, soaked, washed and now is drying. She is now sat on the sofa feeling very sorry for herself. I have not yet bought any Lego as a reward, but I'm darned well thinking of it!
    TyresOFlahertycatwranglerstluxBumblepantsMattDawsonSalamalex
    Lego rewards for all who suffer the nightmare of vomit! 
    TyresOFlahertybandit778SumoLegogmonkey76
    Yay! Thank you - I'll have the third GotG set I'm missing - it's in my wanted list. You are very generous @catwrangler ;->
    KlintanMattDawsonTyresOFlahertybandit778catwranglergmonkey76
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    SumoLego said:
    ^ I think last Tuesday was when that ship sailed.

My mother-in-law says no reprieves during lent.  No Lego - even on Sundays!
    Well, as a Catholic, he'll feel guilty about it either way.
    SumoLegojmeninnopharmjodricecakegmonkey7677ncaachamps
    @SprinkleOtter - well, that goes without saying.
    SprinkleOtter77ncaachamps
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,569
    Held out since February 8, then @monstblitz pointed out ridiculous ebay auction of #10177 and I decided to place an order. Might be a scam, but I'm willing to tie up $13 on Paypal for a week or two to find out.
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 990
    I purchased the latest modular on the 3rd. That was my last purchase for personal use.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,124
    Ugh...lately it's been on average a week.  But I can assure you there have been 6 month periods before that where nothing would be spent! :)
  • GalactusGalactus NLMember Posts: 255
    gratefulnat said:
    [...]
    pharmjod said:
    It's a sickness really.
    Without a doubt, but a very pleasant one as long as my wallet isn't screaming in pain.
    My wallet is screaming without any purchases, so I'm clean for more than a year now. To help fight the sickness I also stopped visiting Brickset and the forum. I'm back on here since yesterday, but considering the fact that I'm still unemployed, I figured that my urges will stay under control for now.