Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

CMF Series 17 - The Batman Movie

Comments

• mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    Yeah the move from £2.50 to £3.00 has meant I'm no longer after full sets just for the sake of it, I'll just get the figures I actually want from now on. 
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    ^we put the flippers on the backs of his legs for now.

My and my Sons TLBM collection so far. :D

Coolguy5000MooreFXkiki180703ClutchPower
  • DadDad UKMember Posts: 813
    Never before have I built a full set of figures but tonight's the night thanks to @iso3200 !
    iso3200
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    Picked up four of the five Batman variants in the local toy shop today, my six year old was a little too excited with the scissors and managed to cut through one of the capes when opening the bags! The Batman figs were for me, he wanted the Eraser, fondled the bags, found a 1x1 round tile, didn't think to feel more, was certain we had the Eraser only to find out it was in fact Barbara Gordon. Not the most successful Minifig hunt.
    For the Eraser, best to look for the 1x1 round brick and no head in the bag (Dick Grayson also has a 1x1 round brick but it has a regular head).

mmozzano said:
    I opened all the rest of the packets I got yesterday. Only error was the one I assumed was fairy batman due to the skirt was actually the pink girl (sorry, don't know names). Never realised two in the set had the skirt piece. Oh well. 
    The skirts are different. Fairy Batman's skirt is "flat" #71017-3 while Batgirl's is "deep" #71017-10. I also look for Batman's wings instead of the skirt when id'ing the minifigure.

Happy hunting!
    mmozzanoLEGO_Dad77
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,208
    Picked up four of the five Batman variants in the local toy shop today, my six year old was a little too excited with the scissors and managed to cut through one of the capes when opening the bags! The Batman figs were for me, he wanted the Eraser, fondled the bags, found a 1x1 round tile, didn't think to feel more, was certain we had the Eraser only to find out it was in fact Barbara Gordon. Not the most successful Minifig hunt.
    You may be able to call LEGO CS to get a replacement cape, as I believe most of the standard Batman capes can be had in regular sets.
    thedoctor46
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,897
    Bury St Edmunds Tesco had 3 boxes of these, but they had all been opened and gone through.
    Does give me hope that my local will get some soon so I can pack feel at my leisure instead of getting that look from the wife.
  • thedoctor46thedoctor46 UKMember Posts: 203
    You may be able to call LEGO CS to get a replacement cape, as I believe most of the standard Batman capes can be had in regular sets.
    Thanks for the tip, I may consider this if something similar happens again, for now I managed to pick up another so my son was a willing recipient of the first :-)
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,600
    edited January 2017
    flord said:
    How are people going to display Vacation Batman? Orange flippers on or off? If they're off, what do you do with them?
    Flippers off, but held by one of these...

stluxgmonkey76LEGO_Dad77Wookie2flordMynattLegopantsClutchPower
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    MrJ_NY said:
    @flord @JooTog - We store our Vacation Batman on the suit rack in the Batcave,just added a similar piece as the Scuba Suit to store the flippers.I'm sure you could add the same piece somehow wherever you're displaying yours

I have not build the Batcave yet (only TLBM set I own that has not been built yet). I also have a bunch of skeleton heads that could be used to display as suit-only, but cannot do anything about the arms and legs.

I display CMF series as a whole in shadowboxes, but I have duplicates that can be used to "enhanced" the Batcave.

Thanks!
    LEGO_Dad77
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,208
    flord said:
    Have only 4 left to get - Catman, Police Officer Barbara, Eraser and King Tut who somehow continues to elude me.

How are people going to display Vacation Batman? Orange flippers on or off? If they're off, what do you do with them?

I'm also thinking if all CMF lines from now on are going to be $5 each, this series will be my last one.
    I know I heard mention at least a couple of times that the price for the TLBM CMFs is specific to these CMFs, supposedly the next CMFs series will be the 'usual' price.
    flord
  • Wookie2Wookie2 Leeds, UKMember Posts: 182
    edited January 2017
    flord said:

I've displayed him with flippers off using these either side of Batman's feet

flordstlux
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 664
    Thanks for the good ideas about the flippers. I want to switch up my display frame for this series. Was out tonight and now I am only missing Catman. Crazy to think I'll have spent $100 on this series. I'm not sure it's worth it...
    Wookie2SumoLegokiki180703Yodalicious
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 730
    flord said:
    My solution for now is:

MooreFX
  • Final_SignFinal_Sign KentuckyMember Posts: 101
    I'm not sure if this has been covered already, but these seem to be priced at $4.99 at my local TRU.  They had them all in 4 pack security things but they let me bring them up to the front desk and get them opened to "feel" for the ones I wanted.  I spent about 30-40m going through probably a case and a half before I finally had a full set and a few extras of ones my kids wanted.  They rang me up and since I got my receipt emailed I didn't really notice the price until I got home and looked it up.  They all rang up as 4.99 but they are only 3.99 online.  I went back and they refunded me without any hassle.  They said they have been selling them for 4.99 since they came out and had no idea why it was different price online.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,273
    I'm not sure if this has been covered already, but these seem to be priced at $4.99 at my local TRU.  They had them all in 4 pack security things but they let me bring them up to the front desk and get them opened to "feel" for the ones I wanted.  I spent about 30-40m going through probably a case and a half before I finally had a full set and a few extras of ones my kids wanted.  They rang me up and since I got my receipt emailed I didn't really notice the price until I got home and looked it up.  They all rang up as 4.99 but they are only 3.99 online.  I went back and they refunded me without any hassle.  They said they have been selling them for 4.99 since they came out and had no idea why it was different price online.
    When I got my set from TRU I told them "the shelf says they're $4.99 but your site and LEGO says they're $3.99" and without any hassle she agreed and called a manager to verify and she cleared it. No security packs, though, only 3 freshly opened boxes.. So maybe try that. 
    77ncaachamps
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,208
    edited January 2017

CM4S said:
    When I got my set from TRU I told them "the shelf says they're $4.99 but your site and LEGO says they're $3.99" and without any hassle she agreed and called a manager to verify and she cleared it. No security packs, though, only 3 freshly opened boxes.. So maybe try that. 
    Your first issue is you bought these from a TRU. ;-) Though it is good they resolved the issue without much hassle.
    Some TRUS have them in security boxes, some keep them behind or at the counter, some apparently put them in the LEGO aisle. I think it all depends how much loss the stores have included by not taking those steps.
    I do not give TRU my money for CMFs.
    ^ There is something amusing about standing on nipples.
    davetheoxygenmanVorpalRyucatwranglerJern92
  • davetheoxygenmandavetheoxygenman Colorado, USAMember Posts: 187
    ^ Especially if you are Batman wearing a ring around your waist!
    VorpalRyucatwrangler
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 404
    Pitfall69 said:
    SumoLego said:
    ^ There is something amusing about standing on nipples.
    I'm glad that worked and wasn't a bust; that be udderly disappointing ;)
    Oh my.
    VorpalRyu
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,404
    Lyichir said:
    Here's what might be an even better solution for those wanting to display Vacation Batman with both the flippers and the stand: use two of this part between the fig and the stand. The one caveat is that the connection may be a little tight, since I've noticed that the connection between two similar parts on the Water Dragon from the Elves theme is quite secure. The two parts might both be polycarbonate.
    Thanks for teat-ching us that tittle tip.
    VorpalRyucatwranglerPitfall69
  • RoskoboyRoskoboy Aberdeen, UKMember Posts: 128
    Right, that's just enough.  Let's all MOOve on!

VorpalRyuPitfall69
    Pitfall69 said:
    I'm glad that worked and wasn't a bust; that be udderly disappointing ;)
    I have nipples, @Pitfall69, could you milk me?

VorpalRyuPitfall69MasterBeefy
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 216
    You can put the Orange flippers on the back of batman's legs
    Gjedwards
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 442
    Picked these up from my local Toymaster shop:

They are doing a promotion of buy 5 Lego Batman CMF get 1 free. Thus you get a case for the price of 50 x £2.99.

No online sales unfortunately.. But great if you have a Toymaster local.
    snowhitieVorpalRyuSwitchfoot55ClutchPower
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,208
    edited January 2017
    Fireheart said:
    They are doing a promotion of buy 5 Lego Batman CMF get 1 free. Thus you get a case for the price of 50 x £2.99.

No online sales unfortunately.. But great if you have a Toymaster local.
    Damn! Nice discount... I normally wait until the discounts start happening to buy CMFs, but the likelihood this series will be around long enough, local to me, that it will happen is not looking too good. Off to my local TRU tomorrow, hopefully the rumours are true that they haven't put any TLBM stock out yet & they will have more than a single box of CMFs per store.
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 216
    Finally completed my set, no duplicates and only took me two trips of actually buying and I have no idea how many just to find some
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,795
    Yeah you did well there. It's ok to wait for discounts, but often it's at a time where there are no sealed boxes, only dregs. You did well jumping on that.
  • ImABrickManNowImABrickManNow BrickyMcBrickMember Posts: 270
    Picked up to packs today at my local TRU, got Orca and Catman.
    LEGO_Dad77
  • ImABrickManNowImABrickManNow BrickyMcBrickMember Posts: 270
    edited January 2017
    Oops small typo in that last comment. Sorry. :)
    (What I meant was "two")
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 762
    Completed my set of twenty + a couple of Red Hood and a Glam Rock.
    MooreFX
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 562
    @Lyichir ; - Thanks for the tip!  Can confirm it works.

I haven't seen them in black before but in the GOTG2 set they have them in black on the front of the ship. Have it blend in even better with the stand.
    davetheoxygenmanBumblepantspharmjod
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 684
    Mynatt said:
    @Lyichir ; - Thanks for the tip!  Can confirm it works.

I haven't seen them in black before but in the GOTG2 set they have them in black on the front of the ship. Have it blend in even better with the stand.

It's in Assembly Square in that color, too! But nice to know it will be in cheaper sets.

I generally prefer the look of the clear ones, though, since they sort of make it look like he's "hovering" above the stand instead of changing the stand's profile to fit the fig.
    Mynattdavetheoxygenman
  • rd1899rd1899 U.S.A.Member Posts: 141
    Anyone else have any quality issues with the Fairy Batman's mini fairy wings (part# 10183, element# 6065921)?

Mine appear to have some sort of dark specks inside them. (See the below image, the green circles).  These specks definitely appear to be inside the plastic, as cleaning and polishing does nothing, and the smaller speck where the right-side wings overlap, appears to be at angle inside the plastic, when viewed from the side.

I've notified Lego Customer Service and requested a replacement part, so we'll see what comes of that. Though, the part is currently out-of-stock on Bricks & Pieces.
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 194
    there is a shop doing 6 for 5 @4 euro but tesco is them selling for  2.99 euro , so either 6 for 20 euro or 6 for 18 euro guess who wins....... TLG
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,338
    So...How many different The Batman Movie costumes are there? 
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,732
    Enough that if they ever resurrect the story as a stage show, there'll be a lot of scenes with the Joker doing bits of comedy business while whoever plays Batman frantically changes out of the rubber ducky ring and into the fairy outfit! 
    Pitfall69mr.pigglesBumblepantsstluxVorpalRyubandit778AllBrick
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,338
    edited January 2017
    The collector bug has hit me now with these CMF's. I just got "Tartan" Batman today and I am looking forward to "Disco" and "Clown" Batman in the next couple of weeks. Are there any Batman Minifigures in The Batman Movie sets that are exclusive? @SumoLego knows my struggle to collect every CMF ;)
    pharmjodSumoLegocatwranglerMooreFXVorpalRyu
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,502
    Pitfall69 said:
    The collector bug has hit me now with these CMF's. I just got "Tartan" Batman today and I am looking forward to "Disco" and "Clown" Batman in the next couple of weeks. Are there any Batman Minifigures in The Batman Movie sets that are exclusive? @SumoLego knows my struggle to collect every CMF ;)
     Yeah the ones in the batcave.
    gmonkey76
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,507
    So many to get. In the trailer one of the ones in his wardrobe is Comic Con Exclusive Batman, lol.

I'd like all of them I can get for my motorised wardrobe MOC. I think kids of all ages will enjoy it at shows, just going to be mainly the full set of CMF's first till the funds allow.
  • mr.pigglesmr.piggles Snow FortMember Posts: 326
    The "Must Get All Batmans (-Men? -Mans. -Mens? -Men.)" bug has hit me as well. Good day today in that respect as my set from MinifiguresPlus and Tartan Batman book from Amazon both arrived on the same day. 
    LegogramMegtheCatPitfall69stluxcatwrangler
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,244
    on french [email protected] there have been several feedbacks on how this serie is way overpriced and I wonder if it's why it hasn't showed up here yet. the shops seemed to already need a few months to get rid of series 15 and 16 and they sold them for like 2 - 2.50€ (normal price, not clearance)