Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 748
    Shib said:
    omnium said:
    You need 4 weeping angels to recreate the scene where they surround the TARDIS before it vanishes :-)
    and a Sally Sparrow mini figure to stand in the middle of them ;-)
    Now you're talking! Anf funny, there was a chap there as well, right? Don't know his name. Did he even have one? (I'll have to google it!)
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,732
    Well, it's finally happened. I'm actually starting to dream about dusting the Lego. I dreamed I went into the spare bedroom, where Palace Cinema's on display, and found it separated by floor with thick dust in it. 

This is sad. 
    TheOriginalSimonBvizzitorGlacierfalls265MooreFXkiki180703
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,092
    ^Get yourself one of these for your dream-cleaning:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/mini-vacuum-cleaner-lg61r

;-)
    catwranglerkiki180703
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    my status right now?
    stumped.
    #60134 Fun in the Park, is £27.54 on amazon right now.
    it's a ok price. it also one of the set on the £35 border line that did not go up by £5 this year.
    but i do wish to get it for less. but there is that nag, with it go down more or will it end of line 1st?  i think i will wait a little longer. if i can.
    did look at the one on amazon.fi and when i ran it pass checkout it come out at £25 with shipping. so i think under £25 is my target.
    that and i have a amazon.uk gift card not a amazon.fi gift card.
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,092
    edited January 2017
    @chrisalddin pop the set into camelcamelcamel and see how the price has behaved historically.

I can see that the lowest price was £22.99 around 31st October 2016, so I would expect that it will drop to somewhere around that level at some point in the future.

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/

chrisalddincatwranglerMaffyDstluxkiki180703
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,266
    Well, it's finally happened. I'm actually starting to dream about dusting the Lego. I dreamed I went into the spare bedroom, where Palace Cinema's on display, and found it separated by floor with thick dust in it. 

This is sad. 
    good thing palace cinema is easy to dust. particularly for a set that big.
    catwranglerkiki180703
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,856
    One BL buyer refused to pay due to clearly stated, reasonable and explained S&H charge. calm response to angry email did no good. he has about a dozen other feedback, so not a n00b who didn't know any better. canceled and left negative feedback. sometimes I cancel with neutral or no feedback if they're not an idiot about it. maybe his brother doesn't charge handling for assorted fixed expenses, but maybe he has a minimum buy.
    edited January 2017
    it has been decided!
    #70738 "Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty" is to be disassembled, bagged, and stored away so that The Sandcrawler #75059 can take it's place on display.

it has also been decided that i need to find a new place for my CMF Display as i am fed-up with seeing them go flying everywhere, at least once every dam week.
    playing hunt the CMF part is getting quite old as well.

question how should i store the "Destiny's Bounty" sails?
    in the bag with the other parts? with the building instructions (in-between the pages)?
    some other place?

• bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,179
    Rubber Ducky Day! Is that an actual thing? 
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,511
    The calendar is called "Every day's a holiday", not sure how many of them are real things but I like them anyway. Tomorrow is Dress Up Your Pet Day, FYI. 
    stluxsnowhitieClutchPowerkiki180703
  • legodad1legodad1 New ZealandMember Posts: 48
    My Lego-building workspace has been the dining table these last five weeks while the family have been visiting wider family overseas. I'm now in the middle of the big relocation back to the garage; it's taking a lot longer than it should due to regular building distractions!
    LegogramMooreFXLEGO_Dad77kiki180703
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 353
    Thinking if I should pull the trigger for #76032 at 34% off or not...
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,691
    Finally got my Classic #10703 as the 2017s were stocked locally this week. So many excellent parts to seed modular buildings!

vizzitorstluxClutchPowerblogzillyMooreFXLEGO_Dad77kiki180703
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 219
    Currently trying to decide whether or not to buy #75826 Angry Birds Castle for €40 (~£35/$43). Since I have no interest in the theme, it would be as a parts pack. There's a lot of really good grey parts I can use for various things but I also have about 20 sets bought near the end of last year that I've not had time to build, never mind disassemble and sort.

Anyone own it and recommend it or not?
    KingAlanI
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,464
    ^I recommend 4, to build a full castle. :)

But one alone at discount is a good enough set for parts.

vizzitor
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 233
    So I just ordered to pick up the Speed Champions Porsche 911 GT Finish Line #75912 and wanted to check the price on s[email protected] and the set is retired ??!!
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 219
    Venunder said:
    ^I recommend 4, to build a full castle. :)

But one alone at discount is a good enough set for parts.

Can only justify spending the money on one right now and it's been ordered. Thanks for the push...I think I would have bought it if anyone had said anything other than it's worse than Galidor and Jack Stone combined!
    KingAlanI
  • Glacierfalls265Glacierfalls265 USAMember Posts: 236
    @bookmum Apparently it is! I just looked it up and it's stated as a holiday
    LostInTranslation
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,856
    received a couple fairly big but still manageable BL orders this week. but many parts were in bags I hadn't sorted yet. So I spent much of two evenings in a row sorting. rather than just dig out pieces needed right now, I decided to fully sort, which I needed to do anyway. now time to relax with something non-LEGO.

@vizzitor - I built #41180 (an Elves castle) as a general castle, selling the elf-specific parts. something similar could be done with #75826
    MooreFX
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    edited January 2017
    Had to pickup an online order from Walmart last night, so of course dropped into Toys.... a Mirkwood Elf Army set #79012 sat on the shelf amongst the few remaining last wave sets. Dunno if it was a buried in the warehouse find, or a return, but I inspected it closely and, while a bit beat up, it was still factory sealed. As it doesn't include any of the main characters (though the Orcs' Warg was cool), AND it was marked with its original price ($29-sutt'm), I passed.

Did I choose wisely? XD I'm good with passing, it was just neat to see an older set on the shelf. If it was Bilbo's house in The Shire, or a Laketown set, there would have been no second guessing.

EDIT: We DID pick up eight more TLBM CMF's though; grabbed two Jokers by mistake, so I'll need to go back for Young Master Grayson. :|
    blogzilly
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,266
    I would say 29$ is a good price. the least expensive sealed one on bricklink is 39$. then I guess it depends how much you care about the figs.
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    edited January 2017
    Jackpot....See yah! My apologies. Hopped up on five hour. 

• William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    538 Notifications... 
    SumoLegoricecakeClutchPowerkiki180703
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    Another weekend, another opportunity to avoid cleaning/organizing the LEGO-mess in the apartment.

Shower: Done!
    Dressed: Complete!
    Gas tank: Full!
    Procrastination-mode: Engaged!

*heading out to Target to get lost in the LEGO aisle*
    josekalelsnowhitiestlux
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,288
    Set myself to doing some Lego chores: breaking and bagging up my first Lego SW set.
    #9496 Good set BTW! Don't think it is outclassed by the new 2017 edition #75174
    BEFORE

One more. "Good bye, first SW set. Soon you will be zipped up.... for the foreseeable future." Gotta make room, have to clean up. Too many sets and/or minifigs EVERYWHERE in my house.

AFTER

josekalelbandit778stluxblogzilly
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,775
    Someone is getting a big box of fig-less parts very soon.
    SprinkleOtterVorpalRyukiki180703
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    SumoLego said:
    Someone is getting a big box of fig-less parts very soon.
    Wonder who...
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    it has been decided!
    #70738 "Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty" is to be disassembled, bagged, and stored away so that The Sandcrawler #75059 can take it's place on display.

it has also been decided that i need to find a new place for my CMF Display as i am fed-up with seeing them go flying everywhere, at least once every dam week.
    playing hunt the CMF part is getting quite old as well.

question how should i store the "Destiny's Bounty" sails?
    in the bag with the other parts? with the building instructions (in-between the pages)?
    some other place?

I store sails in between the pages of an old hard cover coffee table book. A book on Frank Lloyd Wright to be exact. 
    SumoLegokiki180703
    lego status,
    waiting for amazon to come to my door with a box.
    also trying to work out is if i wish to buy #41068 or not.

ok here's the deal,
    i like Frozen, it a very good re-telling of "the snow Queen" (witch i admit i have not seen.) have seen Frozen on the other hand. the best bit for me is the song "let it Go" and the ice Castle, so as soon as this years set #41148 get to a price point i like, i will get it. at the same time i keep looking at #41068 and thinking, should i?
    it not linked to the main movie. but a small short that was made. who's name i dont recall and that i have not yet seen.
    it has class parts in it. (i think i can build a Fairy with the water fountain parts. they may make great wings.) the lower level look's great. upper level not so good. it like the guy who made it, ran out of parts and had to do a hack job with what part count he had left to play with. head on, it look's great. from the back could be better. but i could live with it.
    and yet i still dont know what to do, do i get it or don't i.
    and this has been going on for DAYS!
    i know that at it's RRP, even before the plus £5 it got this year, it is to pricey to pay full RRP for it. right now it at a price point i could live with but if i get it now. i will have less to spend on other offer's that may pop up. that said i think if i dont get it now i may not get it at all.
    grrrrr...... what to do.... advise is welcome. even if i know most of you are just going to tell me to Buy it.
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,179
    I came to the library to use their computers to see the instructions for the secret 4th model in #31031 (that @theOriginalSimonB very nicely sent me) and realized I had left half the bricks I need at home ! So I had lots of people most likely thinking I'm a bit odd with the sitting down at the computer and getting out a box of lego - and then 2 minutes later putting it away again ! Or they are thinking "I didn't know you could get lego in the library?" . There was a small child staring at me intensively !
    gratefulnatsnowhitieClutchPowerBumblepantsbandit778kiki180703Coolguy5000TheOriginalSimonBcatwrangler
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,378
    @SprinkleOtter You're at BrickFair? Come say hi. I'll be holding down a corner of the TNVLC table all day again today, probably by the rollercoaster. In fact, I should probably go turn that on.
    bookmum said:
    I came to the library to use their computers to see the instructions for the secret 4th model in #31031 (that @theOriginalSimonB very nicely sent me) and realized I had left half the bricks I need at home ! So I had lots of people most likely thinking I'm a bit odd with the sitting down at the computer and getting out a box of lego - and then 2 minutes later putting it away again ! Or they are thinking "I didn't know you could get lego in the library?" . There was a small child staring at me intensively !
    what secret 4th model in #31031 ?
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 265
    @chrisalddin
    Well, my advice (after just reading Hamlet again) is
    To buy, or not to buy
    so...
    damned if you do, damned if you don't

If you have the means, then
    GO FOR IT AND BUY THE SET
    (that's what you really wanted to hear, right?)
    chrisalddinkiki180703
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,808
    @chrisalddin It's a pretty fun set actually. Yes, it is based on the 'Frozen Fever short (which you can find on the live-action Cinderella) but it is also the main castle where they live in the main film.

I do think it's a pretty nice set and my son enjoyed building it. You should only buy what you have money for though!
    chrisalddinClutchPowerkiki180703
    i have no will power.
    so i placed a order for it.
    @snowhitie and @gratefulnat
    thanks for the advise.
    ClutchPowerkiki180703