Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,140
    Puts out all parts required to motorize #21303 WALL-E. Never having used Power Functions before, realizes 9 AAA batteries are required (battery box: 6, remote control: 3). AAA batteries available at home: 2.

Shopping list updated...
    YodaliciousClutchPowersnowhitiekiki180703TheBigLegoski
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,829
    had cousins over for the holidays this weekend
    my LEGO/DUPLO gifts were well received as usual, the toddlers even opened the DUPLO right away, good to keep them occupied. The teenager who got #70600 said he was interested in catching up on the Ninjago show, I thought he might have been too old for that even liking the set itself.
    I got a #31062, cool but not something I would have bought for myself, so great gift. light brick interesting. goes with space stuff. Also 2 S16, Rogue and Dog Show Winner. The latter is a duplicate but I'm army building with the former. To be honest, I mentioned both. To be diplomatic, I emphasized the former, brought down my Rogue/Frightening Knight army, and printed out my feel/weigh guides for Disney,Batman,S15 and S16.
    I was advised to pay attention to inventory turnover in my BL store
    ClutchPowerkiki180703
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 470
    edited January 2017
    stlux said:
    Puts out all parts required to motorize #21303 WALL-E. Never having used Power Functions before, realizes 9 AAA batteries are required (battery box: 6, remote control: 3). AAA batteries available at home: 2.

Shopping list updated...
    Do you have a link to the instructions/parts list? I'd love to do this. 
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 884
    edited January 2017
    adiemc said:
    stlux said:

Shopping list updated...
    Do you have a link to the instructions/parts list? I'd love to do this. 
    Below is one from a Korean AFOL showing the parts required. IR remote needed but not in pic.

Modification is pretty straightforward, athough a bit tight for the battery and wires to be squeezed into Wall-E's belly.

Youtube video link: 
    adiemcstluxricecakejosekalelblogzillyClutchPowerkiki180703Wookie2
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,140
    That's the same video that got me to order the required parts :)
    There's plenty of other videos on youtube as well. Some step-by-step pictures here: http://www.miniplayhouse.com/moc/moc-lego-wall-e-rc-motorized/
    adiemcWilliam_Townsleyricecakekiki180703Wookie2
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 470
    Thanks @Recce and @stlux
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 884
    stlux said:
    There's plenty of other videos on youtube as well. Some step-by-step pictures here: http://www.miniplayhouse.com/moc/moc-lego-wall-e-rc-motorized/
    Me too. He was one of the first, if not the very first, to motorize the Wall-E set.
  • asrfarinhaasrfarinha Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 133
    stlux said:
    Stop tempting me! :P
    I have yet to build my Wall-E... Other LEGO stuff and the lack of a place to display it (him? her?) keeps getting in the way...
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    I motorized my Wall-E but found that the motors on the bottom kept coming off due to the torque and the motor.  Never found a good solution to stop it doing this
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 427
    Nothing to do with lego, but my previous home was in Sherlock this week, I think I might have been short changed on my 15 min of fame.
    Sherlock is back on??!?
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    ^ What? Too busy basking in the golden Sun ?   :p

It was a terrible episode. Made me sad :(

dspigelkiki180703
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    Nothing to do with lego, but my previous home was in Sherlock this week, I think I might have been short changed on my 15 min of fame.
    Screenshot?
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,179
    PLEASE NO SHERLOCK SPOILERS. I HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET! THANKS! 
    Lego_StarBumblepantsdspigelLostInTranslationcatwranglerMaffyDsnowhitiekiki180703
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,211
    If I'm in London for work and need a snack, I head for Speedys cafe as seen in Sherlock, its supposed to be next door to 221B Baker St in the program.....its actual several streets away. Does a mean sausage and bacon bap and a coffee.
    catwranglerkiki180703
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited January 2017
    My neighbours house was the therapists house st the start of the episode. Then you could see my old (new) house outside. Must have been a very good therapist, Cardiff is quite a trek from baker street.
    LostInTranslationcatwranglerkiki180703
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    CircleK said:
    Really impressed by some of the displays in this thread - nice, clean, and simple. 
    Thanks (assuming mine was one of those you were talking about) :)

In my case, the downside of my quest for minimalism and neatness is that I don't buy many sets. Fortunately I'm quite particular about what I like, but it can take quite a lot of discipline sometimes. I don't want a cluttered display or loads of undisplayed sets taking up room, but I would like to be building more. Come on TLG, tempt me with another 1000+ piece OT set!

I do like the look of @Jola's custom floating shelves...
    CircleKkiki180703
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,500
    bookmum said:

Can I just say I thought Sunday's episode was a corker? 
    SalamalexrdflegoMaffyDBJ21kiki180703
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 741
    bookmum said:

No, I think that's a spoiler after the previous episode being so bad ;-)
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 448
    ^unless explicitly disabled quotes more than 5 lvls deep get converted to a "show more" so more than that wrapped in each other could be abused as a makeshift spoiler tag
    KingAlanI
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,970
    bookmum said:

I've just finished watching Sunday's episode. It was ruddy brill! 
    LostInTranslationkiki180703
    OK. I have nothing planned for tomorrow so I will watch then. I promise. Now please... Shhhh.  
    Legopantskiki180703
  • blogzillyblogzilly Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 598
    Thankfully, that's all English to me...
    KingAlanIGlacierfalls265DoctorMcGann
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    bookmum said:

I thought Mrs. Hudson was amazing. Never really saw too much out of her before.
    SalamalexLostInTranslationLEGO_Dad77SeijiAmasawakiki180703
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 273

I enjoyed it so much I've suggested to the LEGO facilitator that we might watch it again!
    LostInTranslationkiki180703
    edited January 2017
    I cried when the Ford Focus went up in a fireball...

Horrible writing.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,500
    omnium said:
    bookmum said:

No, I think that's a spoiler after the previous episode being so bad ;-)
    I didn't mind The Six Thatchers, thought it was pretty good. I like how I never know what to expect next from Sherlock (both the show and the character), it really keeps me gripped. And that I often need to rewatch in order to pick up all the nuances. 
    dspigel
    Oh....

We haven't watched the Lying Detective. I'm outta here. Loose lips and the like...
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,455
    edited January 2017
    No spoilers from me but my wife and I are loving the current series. Cathy said to me "There's more than one?!" when I said I couldn't wait for next week's episode (after we'd just watched the first one). When I said there would be three she almost fell off the sofa!
    blogzilly said:
    Thankfully, that's all English to me...
    I didn't understand some of the specific British words, but I got the general idea. Gee, did the new Sherlock episode suck?
    ^unless explicitly disabled quotes more than 5 lvls deep get converted to a "show more" so more than that wrapped in each other could be abused as a makeshift spoiler tag
    Very useful information but how do you actually code it?
    Switch the editor to codeview to see how quotes are done. At phone atm.
    edited January 2017
    But there's already a spoiler code...

This is not a spoiler written, but it is written by me :-)

sid3windrClutchPowerkiki180703
    OK I have watched one Sherlock, have the other to watch. Also got first two episodes of that new ITV thing The Halcyon to watch. The fact that ITV put it on Monday night instead of the Sunday Downton slot makes me wonder if it's worth watching. Shall I bother? (apologies for those who believed this is a forum about plastic building bricks!) 
    Also really looking forward to the new version of The Worst Witch on CBBC this afternoon. 
    omnium said:
    But there's already a spoiler code...

This is not a spoiler written, but it is written by me :-)

thx.. didnt knew... *facepalm*
  • ClutchPowerClutchPower Austin, TexasMember Posts: 220
    Let's just go ahead and make a Sherlock Thread, shall we? ;D 
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    What the hell is Sherlock??
  • blogzillyblogzilly Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 598
    Sitting in my head shrinkers waiting room. His office is a quarter mile from the LEGO Store. I'm CRAZY about coming all the way out here....WOOOOOOT!
    catwrangler
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,341
    Hmm, what do you use a head shrinker for? Is it useful if you have caps that don't fit anymore? :D
    As for my 41120 with missing small bag, customer service is sending me a whole new one. Almost easier than finding several missing parts, but I didn't want to ask for too much. Got their quality spiel, but this is the only such problem I had in hundreds of sets.
    Like one time I got a 12 pack of soda with an empty can and the store gave me a whole 12 pack. Or with US paper currency if the feds find a misprint after the bills have been packed it's easier to replace the whole pack.
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,231
    Caused myself a bit of pain, but I managed to figure it out in the end & my Lego purchases spreadsheet is now separated into individual years. I have discovered that some of my records are too incomplete for some of it, so I have removed CMFs as a category & I'll probably combine 2014 & 2015 with 2016, but it turns out we averaged around 30.55% off RRP for our purchases in 2016 (Dimensions was our highest for average reduction from RRP with 53.65%, thanks in part to [email protected] prices in Nov/Dec).
    KingAlanIjosekalelYodalicious
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,732
    The need to build is starting to bite again. Unfortunately, as i've been ill, the Christmas tree isn't down yet - most decorations have been removed, but need boxed and wrapped, and the tree needs dismantled. So in the meantime, I'm dreaming of a blue Fortrex...
    VorpalRyu
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Fear not, it would be terribly bad to take your decorations down now so you need to leave them up all year. Something about goblins or fairies and Victorians. You wouldn't want to piss off the fairies and goblins now would you? So get that Lego out.
    Salamalexbookmumcatwrangler
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    CircleK said:
    Really impressed by some of the displays in this thread - nice, clean, and simple. 
    Thanks (assuming mine was one of those you were talking about) :)

In my case, the downside of my quest for minimalism and neatness is that I don't buy many sets. Fortunately I'm quite particular about what I like, but it can take quite a lot of discipline sometimes. I don't want a cluttered display or loads of undisplayed sets taking up room, but I would like to be building more. Come on TLG, tempt me with another 1000+ piece OT set!

I do like the look of @Jola's custom floating shelves...

You and I are on the same page. My wife and I have always lived modestly, but minimalisim is something I have been working towards as of late. It is a work in progress however and the area where I struggle the most is of course with Lego. The goal however is continued refinement of my collecting manifesto until my display is something like yours: clean, concise, a small thing that represents me and my interest and nothing more. I'm getting there. Slowly. 

I do like to build though and I want my kids to be able to build, so there will always be bulk raw materials available outside of the collection / display for that. That is how I personally plan to handle those long periods in between buying display sets. 
    xwingpilotLEGO_Dad77
    You need 4 weeping angels to recreate the scene where they surround the TARDIS before it vanishes :-)
    BuriedinBrickskiki180703LEGO_Dad77
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,111
    omnium said:
    You need 4 weeping angels to recreate the scene where they surround the TARDIS before it vanishes :-)
    and a Sally Sparrow mini figure to stand in the middle of them ;-)
    omniumBuriedinBricksGlacierfalls265kiki180703LEGO_Dad77
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    @CircleK I do have some small sets not on display (#75134, #30051 and #30246), and some minifigures. These are broken down and stored with spare parts in a small really useful box (I also have a second small really useful box for parts for display stands and bases). But whatever I currently have on display, I still have my full collection displayed virtually at xwingpilot.uk. At least that doesn't take up any space!
    CircleKkiki180703