Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

31054-1: Blue Express

What are the chances that this small Creator 3-in-1 set is a precursor to a much bigger build?

(He asks, perhaps more in hope than expectation.)

Comments

• Glacierfalls265Glacierfalls265 USAMember Posts: 257
    Like a larger train? It would be nice if TLG made another steam train set like the Emerald Night, although it's hard to say. 
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    edited January 2017
    That's been my hope since pics of the Blue Express first emerged.  We are due another Creator Expert train and Emerald Express (along with a few other small sets) certainly has set a past precedent.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,288
    @MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
    The problem with that line of thinking is the Emerald Express was released AFTER the Emerald Night. So maybe the Blue Express is representative of what 2015's expert train was supposed to be?
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    True - but the precedent of release order has also been previously set. #31045 Ocean Explorer from last year with this years #42064 Ocean Explorer. They even share the set name.
  • RailsRails Brierley Hill, UKMember Posts: 153
    Here is hoping! A 0-6-0 steam loco with a few freight wagons would make a nice set. I hate waiting for trains to come along lol so would take anything at this point.
    I'm still clinging to the hope that my train Idea will make it, but it's not likely. Unless LEPIN steals my idea instead...
  • RevBluesRevBlues Member Posts: 117
    edited January 2017
    I'll get my Lego Mallard one day....  ;o)
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,644
    ^Now that would get me buying trains.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,771
    RevBlues said:
    I'll get my Lego Mallard one day....  ;o)
    #40043 is probably the closest you will ever get! :-)

RevBlues
  • CaptainPirateManCaptainPirateMan MichiganMember Posts: 347
    When do new train sets usually get announced? Im soon to be in the market for my first lego train. I am not a big fan of the current ones available, and don't want to have to do a bunch of homework (holiday train) to get it running. Since its my first one, I want it to be easy and have everything right in the box. As of now I'm eyeing the heavy haul train (because I don't really like the other two), but it's really only winning by default. I would rather wait for something like this blue express.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,771
    ^ There isn't really any discernable pattern for trains. There are so few to go on and lego marketing and announcements have changed significantly over the past five years.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,982
    2018 would be most likely for new City trains if current pattern holds. They will probably not be too different than current offerings fundamentally though. If you can find a reasonably priced Horizon Express or Maersk Train those are fantastic. I think I can speak for all train fans to say we are desperate for news of a new Creator Expert train. With the recent holiday one though we are probably out of luck.
    So it looks like the Heavy Haul Train is the winner, thanks everybody.
    My mistake, it's the CARGO train I am eyeing. The Heavy Haul and Passenger trains both look ugly to me. The CARGO Train actually looks like a train I see where I live anyways.

But if course a more classic looking train (blue express) would be prefered.
    I can't say anything about Classic trains because I already have the Orient Express. But yes, I would love another classic train! 
  • RevBluesRevBlues Member Posts: 117
    My mistake, it's the CARGO train I am eyeing. The Heavy Haul and Passenger trains both look ugly to me. The CARGO Train actually looks like a train I see where I live anyways.
    The cargo train is based on a typical North American unit, whereas the Heavy Haul is more like a European one.  You might like the 2011 cargo train too - 3677-1.