Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Star Wars REBELS series/theme topic

Comments

• Boats75Boats75 IllinoisMember Posts: 23
    I noticed the Ghost at the rebel base on Yavin 4 in 2 shots.First time you see just the silhouette, second time you can see the front end.
    VBaskin2008Yo_dAJackad7
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,886
    ^just about to watch it so I'll keep an eye out. 
    VBaskin2008
  • FrequencyFrequency Member Posts: 72
    Picked up the U-Wing this morning.

Loved the movie!
    black_towrVBaskin200877ncaachamps
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    ^just about to watch it so I'll keep an eye out. 

You can actually see it several times in the scene we spotted it from the trailer in, plus a mention of a certain character a little earlier!
    VBaskin2008
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,541
    edited December 2016

A certain  Character Has Been confirmed for rebels season 3 episode 12 and 13.(Minor spoiler)

VBaskin2008ClutchPower
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,745
    ^ Who is it?
    dspigelVBaskin2008
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 448
    ^ Who is it?
    I was wondering the same thing. At first he reminded me of Idris Elba.
    VBaskin2008
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 668
    dspigel said:
    ^ Who is it?
    I was wondering the same thing. At first he reminded me of Idris Elba.
    Saw Gerrera. He appeared in Clone Wars and Rogue One.

VBaskin2008
  • VBaskin2008VBaskin2008 Member Posts: 181
    Say, do you think that The U-Wing deserve to be in Star Wars: Rebels?

& If so why?

dspigelTheBigLegoski
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,644
    Saw Rogue One last night. Really good and set up to run seamlessly into A New Hope.

Saw The Ghost in the fleet scenes as well as a couple of other Rebels references.

While on Yavin, as they are gathering in the hanger theres a call for General Syndulla and I swear Chopper rolled past in the background!

VBaskin2008LEGO_Dad77Jackad7
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    Saw Rogue One last night. Really good and set up to run seamlessly into A New Hope.
    I'm not sure I would have used that exact word...
    VBaskin2008
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 208
    ^You didn't think so? I know people that went home and watched Episode 4 right away after getting out of R1, myself included.
    VBaskin2008
    edited December 2016
    ^ And you didn't think it was odd that Leia tried to convince Vader that she was on a diplomatic mission despite the fact that the Tantive IV had been chased directly from the battle above a scarif an hour earlier?

So no, not seamless but a good tie-in none the less.
    SprinkleOttergmonkey76VBaskin2008
    ^ Darn - meant to put that in a spoiler. If we're still doing that after 10 days then mods please feel free to. Apologies.
    VBaskin2008
    I understand what you're saying, but considering the other plot holes and continuity issues that have been in previous SW movies, I don't think that's that big of a deal.
    VBaskin2008stlux
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,886
    @xwingpilot not massively no. People when in very tricky situations will try any lie to get out of a scenario. No matter how unlikely - a very simplistic example is the kid who will lie about eating chocolate even with it smeared around her face. That is why Vader says to her "You are a traitor and a member of the rebel alliance." He sees through her poor attempt at a bluff. 
    VBaskin2008stluxTheBigLegoski
    @solid_strider I treated my self the Rex's AT-TE as well, its on the pile to be built soon. Looks great
    dspigelsolid_striderVBaskin2008
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    edited December 2016
    Spoiler alert.

Connections between Rebels and Rogue One. Some already mentioned here.
    http://www.starwars.com/news/the-star-wars-rebels-easter-eggs-and-connections-in-rogue-one

Looking at the Rogue One sets, there are some gems: Krennic's shuttle, U-Wing, Tie Striker, K2...

But Erso constraction was not a good design at all.

Here's to hoping they come out with a second release featuring the supply ship they stole and battlepacks of the rebel troopers and sand / death troopers.

VBaskin2008TheBigLegoski
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    They already did battle packs of the rebel troopers and death troopers. I got some other day.
    VBaskin200877ncaachamps
    Synopsis for Season 3 episode 14 and 15 have been released as follows;

Episode 14 : Warhead
    Zeb and Chopper bring a damaged droid found in the Atollon wilderness back to base, only to discover that the droid is a new Imperial probe programmed to spy on and destroy rebels.

Episode 15 : Trials of the Darksaber
    To help recruit her people to join the rebels, Sabine reluctantly agrees to learn to wield an ancient Mandalorian weapon but finds the challenge more difficult than expected.

It should also be noted that Forest Whitaker is on the main cast list for both of these episodes. This could just be a cast list carried on from episode 12 and 13 but I believe we could be seeing a lot more of Saw.
    starwars4everVBaskin2008
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    They already did battle packs of the rebel troopers and death troopers. I got some other day.

Didn't notice that on Brickset.

Looks like you guys (UK/EU) got them first!
    VBaskin2008
    Here's a promotional video for the next episode I found on YouTube. I thought it was fan made until I watched it and Saw (pun not intended!) it had new footage. Enjoy!

TheBigLegoskiVBaskin2008
    ^ It is quite interesting to see how much Disney has invested in this character. He started off as a nobody in a few episodes of the Clone Wars, and now this.
    Coolguy5000VBaskin2008
    HOLY S**T !!!!!!!!!

solid_striderTheBigLegoskistluxJackad7RedbullgivesuwindVBaskin2008gmonkey76
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 457
    HOLY S**T !!!!!!!!!

Wow. How badly I wish I had cable, or that they'd put this on Netflix or something!
    VBaskin2008
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 448
    ^^ wow.
    VBaskin2008
    Home One!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    VBaskin2008
    That looks soooo good! The ending was killer!
    VBaskin2008
    edited January 2017
    I've taken a couple of screenshots from the trailer but will put them in spoiler tags so those that are not up to speed don't view them. Here we go

Death TROOPERS! 

I see Mon Mothma, Bailey Organa, General Dodanna (?) and Commander Sato. Could this be the first rebel council.

Isn't this Ezra's home on Lothal?

Goodbye Chopper?

Any idea who this is? Thought it was Ketsu but the helmet closeup through me.

I'm guessing this is Maul but otherwise unsure of its significance. At first I didn't even notice that person in the background.

Hey there it's Yularen? Now we know why his poly had the rebels logo in 2014 :)

Wow 8 screenshots. Hopefully that gives us something to discuss. Please refrain from discussing anything super spoilery  from rogue one, I've seen it but some still haven't but I suppose the movies been out almost 3 weeks so really it should be fair game Right? Maybe @CapnRex101 can enlighten us on brickset spoiler policy if there is one.

solid_striderTheBigLegoskiSprinkleOtterbandit778Jackad7starwars4everVBaskin2008
    edited January 2017
    Eek spoiler tags didn't work. Sorry GUYS! 

Edit: Think I've fixed it for now.
    VBaskin2008
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,418
    Epic! Totally epic!!!
    @scoiltreasa Thanks for the info, can't wait for rebels to continue.

-------

(bit of a rant; but that is only because I am also looking forward to new Lego SW (Rebels) sets, plus being an avid minifig fan and collector)
    With regard to the Rebel Lego sets, or rather the minifigs included in them, I really want TLG to stop 'disneyfying' the prints on the stormtrooper helmets, and all the rest of the torso and leg printing. The droopy moustachio grills just look lame! Those Rebel version Storm-Troopers look so crappy next to my 'regular' Lego Storm-Trooper minifigures (which to the contrary look superb), as I am sure at some point Death-Trooper minifigs will also be included in future sets, I hope they will be the same as the ones at present released in sets etc. Lego minifigs are already perfectly cartoony and comical just as they are normally designed by the people in Billund. Trying to make minifigs look like the Disney animation Rebels series style of drawing characters, which itself is based on a 'live-action' universe film franchise, does not add anything to the way these minifigs look, but rather runs the risk of detracting from their usual charm.

Not too bothered by (or actually quite happy with) most other SW-Rebels minifigs, but I wish there would be no difference in the style/design of the prints, such as lines on the torso's denoting fabric creases of clothing. E.g. the two versions of Grand Moff Tarkin in:

I like the Tarkin Minifig from #75150, but I would have preferred his torso print with the more 'wavey' lines like the one from the DS. Though that one lacks the printing from the collar of his jacket.

And when are they going to include two colour moulded legs (like Batman) for all minifigs wearing black boots underneath their pants!?!

Maybe this is just me nitpicking, but I am curious to know if other SW-Rebel Lego fans agree with me on this?

ps.
    One last thing! Battle packs: TLG should start including regular SW blasters next to those stud-poppers, as I don't see them dropping those from these sets! What is the big deal? Just include four more elements in all those sets! I don't care for the stud-poopers. I know most adult fans don't, but neither do some kids who without me telling them my opinion (and thus possibly steering/manipulating their views) expressed they liked the 'normal' blasters better too, as they look 'cooler'. 
    VBaskin2008
    edited January 2017
    ^ The Rebels style is based on Ralph McQuarrie's concept art for the OT. The LEGO minifigures aim to reproduce that.

I prefer the Jakob Liesenfeld-designed Stormtrooper minifigures too, but I do appreciate what TLG were trying to do with the Rebels-style Stormtrooper minifigures.
    VBaskin2008gmonkey76
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 535
    I got a tingling feeling on my spine watching that trailer. Between the trailer and my second viewing of rogue one there is so much good star wars going around. 
    I didn't notice the death troopers next to thrawn in the original trailer, glad you screenshotted that. I also noticed Sabine fighting the red mandalorian imperial sympathizer guy (who's name I forgot if it wasn't apparent enough) when she had Ezra's lightsaber and the other guy had her darksaber which I thought was interesting.
    VBaskin2008
    Jackad7 said:
    I got a tingling feeling on my spine watching that trailer. Between the trailer and my second viewing of rogue one there is so much good star wars going around. 
    I didn't notice the death troopers next to thrawn in the original trailer, glad you screenshotted that. I also noticed Sabine fighting the red mandalorian imperial sympathizer guy (who's name I forgot if it wasn't apparent enough) when she had Ezra's lightsaber and the other guy had her darksaber which I thought was interesting.
    Gar  Saxon is his name.  Appointed leader of mandalorians by the empire for his loyalty.  And apparently the green lightsabre Sabine holds has a different hilt to Ezra's  (according to a few YouTube channels).
    SprinkleOtterVBaskin2008
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 228
    I mentioned a few posts back that a new TIE Defender set could be planned, after the plans were revealed in one episode. Well, now that the ship itself is getting some screen time, have the odds improved?
    VBaskin2008
    Finished building Rex's AT-TE and have finally gathered all my Rebels sets together. Theres a couple more I want, so i think a second shelf will be required!

xwingpilotTheBigLegoskisolid_striderCoolguy5000ARo2891stluxVBaskin2008Goldchainsjediami65
    ^ I have all the rebels sets released so far except the new phantom. I don't think I paid more than 60% of RRP from any of the except the ghost which I got for 20% off RRP.
    VBaskin2008
  • Boats75Boats75 IllinoisMember Posts: 23
    I have at least one of each Rebels set. The only exceptions are the new phantom, convention ghost microfighters and the TRU mini ghost and wookie gunships. I have a couple duplicates as well. I got 2 of the battle packs and modified the second transport so it can tow the crates from the Kanan's speeder bike set, I have 2 of those as well. Got them at a discount and wanted the extra blasters and imperial mini figures. I use the extra crat that would hold the blasters for storing studs for stud shooters. Bought one extra A wing for the A wing pilot Polybag. I won a second Inquisitor's TIE at a raffle during one of the "Adult Nights" the Chicago Legoland did before TFA came out. 6 Stormtrooper Sergeants round out the list.
    VBaskin2008
    My latest minifigure:

On the subject of A-wings, I'm actually quite tempted #75175 (even though it's not a Rebels set), just not at 12.6p per piece! And even then the piece count is bumped-up with some ground equipment that I wouldn't want to display. I hope that's not something that's going to be commonplace in future sets. #75150 is a nice set, but Vader's TIE Advanced is too similar to #75082 which I already have.
    VBaskin2008
    ^ I have all the rebels sets released so far except the new phantom. I don't think I paid more than 60% of RRP from any of the except the ghost which I got for 20% off RRP.
    How did you get 60% off so many sets? 30%-35% is about the best I ever get!
    VBaskin2008
    How did you get 60% off so many sets? 30%-35% is about the best I ever get!
    No I said I didn't pay more than 60% of RRP. Lol think only a few forum members have that much skill! 

So I got 40% off the sets. It did help last year there was a fire in the back warehouse at a smyths near me which had a full 40% off on top of any other discounts due to possible smoke damage. That's how I bought 550 euro worth of lego in one  day for 246 euro!
    SprinkleOtterxwingpilotVBaskin2008gmonkey76
    @xwingpilot   
    I can assure you that Vader's Tie Fighter Advanced x1 looks quite distinct from the (Rebels) Tie Advanced v1 fighter.
    As some of you may notice I did not apply the stickers onto Darth Vader's Tie. I was planning on applying them, but I never got around to it. There are only a few of them and none of them make big difference. I guess I am fine with it now as is.
    (Though applying them to the A-Wing from #75150 is a must)

Vader's custom Tie also has a very large dish shaped wing as an integral part of its main fuselage behind the cockpit, contrary to most other Tie models, which characteristically consist of just a pod with pilons that attach to wings/solar-panels.   

B.t.w. Darth Vader's Tie is just as wide as #75101 First order Special Forces (two seater) Tie-Fighter, yet much more compact nonetheless due to its folded wings.
    xwingpilotVBaskin2008stlux77ncaachampssolid_strider
    Here are some more pics of all my Tie fighters, enjoy!

xwingpilotVBaskin2008stluxbandit778solid_striderJohnyk668SeanTheCollector
    scoiltreasa said:

No I said I didn't pay more than 60% of RRP. Lol think only a few forum members have that much skill! 
    So you did. I thought you had special powers!
    @xwingpilot   
    I can assure you that Vader's Tie Fighter Advanced x1 looks quite distinct from the (Rebels) Tie Advanced v1 fighter.

True, but from the front they're quite similar. Vader appears to have extended out the back to house his ego...
    VBaskin2008
    @xwingpilot   
    Yes they are, still of the two (not just because of the films) I think Vader's 'x1' is aesthetically both in Lego as well as the SW films/cartoons the best looking of the two, next to also being (in the fictional universe) the technically superior one of these two fighter-craft.

I like the 'v1' a lot too, though it would have been nice if the designer of this set somehow could have made the wings more curved (crescent shaped) like in the cartoon. I Think it can be done, though I do not have the parts needed to modify/redesign the wings, and I am not sure they would be sturdy enough.
    VBaskin2008solid_strider
    I'm quite tempted to buy just the Rebels A-wing from #75150 with no minifigures now I have a Rebels A-wing pilot. Does anyone know how many pices are in the A-wing? Is it roughly the same as the TIE? 
    VBaskin2008
    @xwingpilot          
    I do not know how many piece each ship has, but I checked the construction manual for you, and both booklets (one for each ship) take 91 steps to build each ship, though Vader's ship (not counting the ad's in the back of the booklet and parts overview) build is spread out over 55 pages, where as the A-wing booklet (booklet nr.1) is 47 pages.

The weight of the ships are (minifigs included):
    A-wing:                       252 grams
    Tie Advanced x1:         404 grams

I think the best thing for you to do is see if you can download the building instructions for the set from the Lego website. Then you can see for yourself how many pieces, and what kind of elements you need for the A-wing.
    VBaskin2008
    One more piece of eye candy
    (to entice xwingpilot to just buy the whole damned good set)
    ;-P

You can probably get #75150 still below RRP somewhere here or there!?!
    ps.
    The other two minifigs (on the right) are from that B-wing, which is set #75050
    stlux77ncaachampssolid_striderVBaskin2008
    Thanks @TheBigLegoski!

Always happy to look at more photos of a Star Wars collection :-)
    VBaskin2008