Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What did Santa bring for you?

GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 476
I woke up to the Ferris Wheel, Adam West Batcave, retired Echo Base (Bacta tank version) and Assault on Hoth (which was bought at a discounted price, so don't judge us!)

And my son requested the latest Sith Infiltrator, which has now been built and played with heavily. It's amazing how well Darth Maul and the 1960's Joker get along when fighting against the good guys. It's like they've known each other forever...
MegtheCatTheOriginalSimonBDoctorMcGannstluxvizzitorgmonkey76catwranglerLegogramkiki180703blogzillyJackad7OrmskirkBricksToc13VorpalRyu

Comments

• bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,179
    I got corner deli, Santa's visit and the London bus. However they are sat under my tree at home where I am not. I actually built the bus and santa before Xmas  but won't get to play with my deli for another week! Boo hoo hoo. I did get 3 little mixels and my daughter 2 little friends sets. In all a very lego Christmas. I have only really become a proper afol in the last 18 months or so and Christmas (and birthdays) are the best they have been for years! 
    starwars4everTheOriginalSimonBstluxcatwranglerLegogramkiki180703VorpalRyu
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 477
    I got a lot of presents under the tree that rattle! I got all 3 current Rogue One Constraction Figures (#75119 , #75120 and #75121 ). I also got #75157 Catpain Rex's AT-TE and a sealed #7258 Wookie Attak from 2005! Great haul from the big man in red!!!
    stluxTheMaker37kiki180703
  • PeteMPeteM Gallifrey (near Bristol)Member Posts: 398
    No actual Lego this year, though I have money towards Assembly Square. I also got the Steampunk Lego book which looks fascinating.

To make up for it, my daughter got #41062 Elsa's Castle and #10674 Pony something and, as she's not yet 3 years old, I'm sure she'll need some assistance :)
    stluxkiki180703LegogramVorpalRyukhmellymel
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Brick bank, toy shop, and the Mini Cooper.
    LEGO_Dad77VorpalRyu
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 219
    Nothing Lego related under the tree this year for me. Despite some feelings of withdrawal with nothing to build here in my mother's house, I'm happy since I think everyone is pleased with the gifts I got for them. I love giving presents to other people and seeing their reactions.

Anyway, one of the presents I got was a voucher which should be used for badly needed new clothes but I know I'll just treat as Lego tokens.

Glad I stockpiled a few sets to be built after Christmas too. I'm counting #75827 as present from Santa, just bought by me for myself with no surprise involved.
    catwranglerMaffyDkiki180703Legogram
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,271
    Ninjago lighthouse siege and Venice skyline but also loads of books which will get mentioned in the "what are you reading" thread in due course.
    LEGO_Dad77
  • ISDAvengerISDAvenger Member Posts: 204
    I'm current on all SW sets, so the wife gave me $100 Lego Store Gift Card for the next wave.
    LEGO_Dad77
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,392
    Architecture Buckingham Palace, Flatiron Building, Venice and Star Wars Final Duel.
    LEGO_Dad77VorpalRyu
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 280
    3 pairs of socks.
    Bumblepantsbookmumgmonkey76PeteMcatwranglerClutchPowerOrmskirkBricks
  • historicalhistorical Member Posts: 19
    i got the pet shop and santa snowglobe. the pet shop is waiting to be built until after dd does to bed, otherwise she will think it's her, not Mama's. We built the snowglobe together today though. :p The new joke is that i am Mrs. Business when it comes to LEGO in our house.
    Legogramstluxgmonkey76VorpalRyu
  • ImABrickManNowImABrickManNow BrickyMcBrickMember Posts: 270
    Lets see here, I got the Lego city Cargo Train, Service Station and Cargo plane,and I'll more than likely buy even more Lego with some of the money I received from relatives.
    Merry Christmas. :0)
    Legogramstlux
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 497
    I got the LBM Batmobile & Catwoman Catcycle Chase, and Imperial Assault Hovertank. 
    LegogramLEGO_Dad77
  • brickmattbrickmatt USAMember Posts: 88
    I got the snowglobe as an early present, the Temple of Airjitzu, Creator sets vacation getaways and propeller plane, city pizza truck, and polybag Spider-Man vs. venom. I also got a dimensions pack, a pencil pot, a couple of polybags, and a few CMF from my Brickset Secret Santa.
    LegogramLEGO_Dad77VorpalRyu
  • rampantsullyrampantsully The Emirates Stadium Member Posts: 76
    Ghostbusters HQ for me, after seeing. Ladder 18 in New York, last week I'm looking forward to the build,  should keep me busy tonight while the Mrs is on TV
    LegogramLEGO_Dad77VorpalRyu
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 315
    My wife is almost done her first trimester. Thats plenty for Christmas.  

Nothing Lego-wise but that's because I buy my own as I work there. Looking forward to building 50 Years On Track this week while I'm on winter break from teaching. Will probably pick up a couple of the new Park Street Townhouse 3-in-1 to flesh out the city.

LegogramBumblepantsLEGO_Dad77MynattcatwranglerVorpalRyu
  • RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 339
    edited December 2016
    I got #10218 the Pet Shop and #31048 lakeside lodge.
    My sister also bought several of us a series 16 minifigure - I got the spooky boy.

I've since bought #70732 City of Stiix with some Christmas money I got.

Also my son got what will probably be his last Duplo set in #10812 truck and tracked excavator and also his first two 'grown up' Lego sets.

All round, a good Christmas!
    starwars4everLEGO_Dad77VorpalRyuBriking
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,251
    Santa did not bring me any LEGO under the tree.

I managed to fill in my disappointment by going a little Bricklink crazy in the evening. Helm's Deep part 3 is on the way :)
    LEGO_Dad77blogzillyLegogramJackad7stluxpharmjodVorpalRyuBriking
  • blogzillyblogzilly Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 598
    Well, I think I need to preface this by trying to use a board tool.

Santa isn't actually a real person, so he didn't bring me squat. But I would not have received squat regardless, but that's only because...

We have a weird tradition in our house. We do the kids presents on Christmas morning (actually we make them hide in a room while we bring out the gifts and put them under the tree for Santa Illusion Maintenance for Younger Boy, since my Older Boy started thinking it was cool to unwrap all of his before everyone woke up).

Then since our wedding anniversary falls in between Christmas and NY and we never do anything for our anniversary or on NY because of the Younger Boy's disabilities we do our adult Christmas on NY Eve with some really cool take out and then exchange of gifts after the kids go to bed. It's kind of cool.

catwranglerToc13VorpalRyu
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,268
    lego-wise, general magmar's evil demonic siege machine of infernal doom from hell.
    catwranglerVorpalRyu
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 321
    edited December 2016
    A couple of Lego store gift cards, now to patiently wait for assembly square to release. 

Also so when you are a Cubs fan and they win the World Series for the 1st time in over a century, well you get a lot of Cubs gear. But I'm not complaining. 
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,443
    Santa brought no LEGO here this year, but he brought me a tool kit I needed, and lots of goodies for my grandson. Many other gifts were exchanged, but around here Santa only leaves gifts for those who believe. 
    ClutchPower
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,462
    My son got the First Order Tie Fighter #75101 which he's wanted for a very long time (he's 4.5 years old...so he's been waiting like 1/4 of his life for this thing). I could use quotes on "my son got" since it was likely more for me than him, but I'll continue my illusion that I got back into Lego for my son alone...

He also got three of the SW microfighters from this years series and a Batmobile poly bag. 

I got half of the Disney CMFs. I have a delayed Christmas with my family on New Years day, so I'm hopeful the other half will be waiting for me there. If not, then I'll have to keep hunting for Disney boxes! I'm also hopeful for the Ecto 1 on New Years. 

SprinkleOtterLEGO_Dad77snowhitiestluxJackad7MynattClutchPowerVorpalRyu
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,732
    My mum got us #31048 Lakeside Lodge (me), #31031 Rainforest Animals (partner) and #31024 Roaring Power; the latter was especially sweet because I'd seen it in a charity shop the week before Christmas and nobly resisted buying it! I did the floor layout for Lakeside Lodge yesterday. 

Meanwhile, I got my partner the Mariachi CMF and the Medivals set of Mixels, which have been built, and the Maze, which awaits a large enough chunk of time...

It's been an excellent Lego Christmas! :D
    VorpalRyu
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 994
    No lego this year....and again the advent calendars, friends only made it to day 6, and Star Wars was never touched.  And the sad part....I knew better then to try with them again this year
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 535
    Got all the airport sets cause I love planes, 5 yr old son got Indominous Rex breakout, First Order Tie Fighter, Darth Vaders Tie Fighter, couple constraction SW figures & 3yr old daughter got fun in the park (loves babies) and couple friends/princess sets. I've had a very Lego Christmas!
    catwrangler
  • DoctorMcGannDoctorMcGann NashvilleMember Posts: 37
    ryjay said:
    No lego this year....and again the advent calendars, friends only made it to day 6, and Star Wars was never touched.  And the sad part....I knew better then to try with them again this year
    The Star Wars one was really good this year! 
    starwars4everkiki180703
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 696
    I was lucky enough to force the wife into getting me Slave 1..and the wee man got his Indomus Rex and Ecto 1
    Wicksy80kiki180703VorpalRyu
    ^ Indominus^ i meant of course...
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,509
    Thought Lepin had started on the Jurassic World sets for a minute there ;).
    Legogramoldtodd33DoctorMcGannkiki180703VorpalRyu
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,238
    Just #76060 & #21306 were waiting for me under the tree this year, our boys scored much bigger hauls, a number of Nexo Knights sets for James & a ton of Duplo for Anthony.
    stluxLegogramkiki180703catwrangler
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 497
    @stlux My family got a short list, too, so I could buy other stuff. It worked out pretty well.
    stluxkiki180703
    Thought Lepin had started on the Jurassic World sets for a minute there ;).
    I recoil at the very mention of THAT word....blasphemer...
    VorpalRyu
    ^:p
  • HumdrumHumdrum BelgiumMember Posts: 69
    Three books:
    - the Lego animation book (No Starch Press)
    - Tiny Lego Wonders (No Starch Press)
    - the Lego ideas book (DK Publishing)

The first book is about stop motion animation with Lego (duh?), the second one is about microbuild vehicles and the third one is a general ideas book.
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 746
    Yellow Submarine and Big Ben.
  • dragologerdragologer U.S.AMember Posts: 133
    i woke up to the temple of airjitzu! 
    LEGO_Dad77
  • mr.pigglesmr.piggles Snow FortMember Posts: 326
    edited January 2017
    I finally got that Reindeer polybag #30474 I wanted so badly but just couldn't hunt down or justify ebay prices for. And maybe it's only because someone went out of their way to get it to give to me, but it's one of my favorite little sets, it just looks so cool. I want to piece together an army of little deer.

I was also gifted #40093 the snowman, and the holiday train (#10254). Not bad for being a very secret AFOL. 

Also, much the same here, @sweetness34 with the gifting of celebratory gear, but also not complaining.
    stlux