Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Brickset bonus ball xmas draw -win 40139 gingerbread house

bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
hi all,

happy holidays to one and all.

here is the usual bonus ball but with christmas  bells on it prize is a #40139 gingerbread house

question is what is your favourite part of a xmas lunch. if not celebrating just say what you would most enjoy

mine is yorkshire puddings with a sprout in the middle dipped in gravy.

All the best and posting late so that the far eastern places, nz, aus, malasia etc have a better chance 

whatever you you are doing have a great time with loved ones

cheers

TXLegoguyLegoboyoldtodd33khmellymelricecakeMrJ_NYkiki180703gmonkey76tallblocktoosolid_striderbandit778SirBendspigelsnowhitievizzitorGothamConstructionCommozzanoRenegade007cjhMAGNINOMINISUMBRAdonutboymessyLego_Star

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,831
    I struggle with the annual Christmas dinner with my family and in-laws.   Everybody pretending the shit they received is just what they've been looking for.  Give me a break.  It'seems shite!  Love the morning with my wife kids, but the afternoon is usually a real killer for me when everybody else arrives.

So, I would have to say the washing up.  I always put myself forward to wash up and clear the kitchen.  Gives me a good hour to recharge the Patience Cells and an extra half an hour if bagsie the drying too.

Mr Scrooge.
    gmonkey76bandit778SprinkleOtterbendybadgerGothamConstructionCoRenegade007cjhcatwranglerLEGO_Dad77
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 895
    Easy.  Bacon rolls.  

Merry Christmas all :)
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Pigs in Blankets 
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    A christmas braid bread that theh bread lady at our local farmer's market makes once a year!
    catwrangler
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 762
    I love Christmas dinner, I suppose my favourite part is the bit I never get anywhen else. Pigs in blankets. I dunno though, the yorkshires, the turkey, roast potatoes. Can I just say the whole thing.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,058
    ^Snap! Pigs in blankets. All the family love them. I had them as hot dogs a couple of nights ago, just to check the quality of course :-)
    Renegade007cjh
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,601
    I will say the turkey but unfortunately we will be having ham this year :(
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,126
    Stuffing covered in homemade cranberry sauce and slathered with gravy.
    bendybadger
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 350
    Just spending time with family. 
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 437
    Ham. I like Ham. 
    Foddergmonkey76
  • LegogramLegogram PA USAMember Posts: 321
    If we are having ham, then I love the scalloped pineapple.  If we are having turkey, then I can't stop  eating the stuffing. 
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,292
    At home in Vancouver I really enjoyed stuffing.  Here in the UK it's definitely Yorkshire puddings!

But the best part now that there are kids around is definitely watching their excitement over everything all day - not just presents!  The food, the people they get to see, and how much crap we let them get away with.  Teaching them how to use their new toys.  It's a totally different type of Christmas spirit and I love the whole day :)
    catwrangler
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Ham and the scalloped potatoes 
    gmonkey76
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    I'm gonna miss Granny's nacho dip ...

My favorite part is the meats. Steak. Prime rib. God, I love cows!
    gmonkey76oldtodd33bendybadgermustang69
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    My sister would make a really good sausage roll. Basically (American) biscuits stuffed with sausage and cheese. Yum!
  • MasterBeefyMasterBeefy US of AMember Posts: 121
    Po-ta-toes, boil em, mash em, stick em, in a stew.
    SumoLegojoel4motionsnowhitieTheOriginalSimonB
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,211
    edited December 2016
    Yee-haw!

Jellied Cranberries.  The completely unnatural 'cranberry fart' sound when the cranberries slide out of the can is music to my ears.

And cheesecake.  Nothing better than a New York style cheesecake with coffee...
    Russell844SprinkleOtterBumblepants
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 406
    edited December 2016
    Brandy butter!

Happy to to have it slightly melted with hot Xmas pudding, but good to eat on it's own straight out the fridge.
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    edited December 2016
    homemade sauerkraut pierogies,not my home but not store brand,with ham, mashed potatos & roasted brussel sprouts

Bricklover18SumoLegoSprinkleOtter
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,051
    Vietnamese food! We eat crispy roast pork or "Heo Quay" on Christmas Day. Because we're a lot of people in the family, we usually buy a whole pig. It's very good!
    MrJ_NYBricklover18gmonkey76catwrangler
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 282
    Dessert... whatever it may be.
    gmonkey76kiki180703
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    Fruit Jell-O. For some reason my grandma always makes this for Christmas and I not so secretly love it. 
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 586
    I can eat green bean casserole all day. I love that stuff!!!
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795

My family's tradition is to have a brunch, so our Christmas meal is actually all breakfast food.  My mom(who passed away this year unfortunately) would always make the best biscuits and gravy.  Fortunately she showed me how to make it myself, but it's just not the same.

SumoLegoLegogramgmonkey76kiki180703dspigelsnowhitiebendybadgercatwranglerricecake
  • FodderFodder AustraliaMember Posts: 333
    Ham. Doesn't matter what else we're having, be it a traditional roast, or much more sensible seafood & salad (for our 30+ summer temps) I'm happy if there's ham.
    gmonkey76kiki180703
  • TXLegoguyTXLegoguy USMember Posts: 125
    Ham, deviled eggs, and green beans wrapped in bacon
  • tcctcc Washington, DCMember Posts: 72
    Definitely ham.
    gmonkey76kiki180703
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,022
    Santa's leftover milk and cookies!
    mldj77
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    My Dad's cookies
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 453
    There is something about holiday cookies at dessert! My wife actually loves the cranberry can sauce of sadness. It's still in the shape of the can when it comes out!
    SumoLegogmonkey76kiki180703Goldchains
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    Egg Nog...never win these and have missed even being in on it the last few times....fingers crosse
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,690
    Two words Christmas Ham. The leftover ham for sandwiches, omelets, ....... did I mention Ham?
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 899
    Hmmm.  Egg nog for a beverage!  And honestly anything home cooked from my parents, as now that I am married, I've gotten used to the wife's good cookin'!
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 489
    Definitely the smoked ham!
    gmonkey76
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    Christmas goodies!  Cookies and such made by mom!
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    Sweet potato casserole!
  • LittleLoriLittleLori CanadaMember Posts: 154
    We don't eat lunch which is a bonus present in itself as I am usually the cook for most meals. We eat a late breakfast after the presents are open and then join friends for an early dinner. I like dessert best-pie, cookies, cakes and usually try some of each even if I skipped the Brussels sprouts ;)
    bendybadger
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 208
    I'm not picky, I'll eat whatever's being served!  Being Filipino, there's usually whole fried shrimp (with the shells, legs and heads) and pork sinigang, a sour stew.  If it's a bigger party, there might be lechon aka roast pig.
    snowhitiestluxgmonkey76catwrangler
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 511

Scalloped oysters. Sadly I haven't had them in several years (since I began doing the cooking!) because I can't manage both oysters and poultry and the poultry feels essential to the spirit of Christmas dinner!

Genuine canned cranberry jelly comes a close second, though!

SumoLego
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,269
    Soppy answer, but the best part of Christmas dinner and christmas on the whole is the wife because without her and her love for Christmas It wouldn't be worth celebrating.
    bendybadgercatwranglerricecake
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 585
    Mincemeat filled cookies
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    Prawns and Bugs! Roast Dinners don't go down too well in 35 degree heat!
  • Darthtater147Darthtater147 United StatesMember Posts: 56
    Cookies!!
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,379
    Family :)
    dspigelsnowhitieGoldchainsSumoLegokiki180703catwranglerSirBenricecake
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    Yorkshires, roast potatoes and stuffing for me. I love me a few carbs.
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 280
    Mom's lasagna, a xmas staple!
    catwrangler
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    I'm partial for roasted parsnips we only ever seem to have at Xmas, that or sprouts covered with pancetta and chestnuts! 
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 551
    Dessert!
  • PoMoPinkPoMoPink UKMember Posts: 275
    Proper roast potatoes cooked in goose fat with crunchy coating :)
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 297
    edited December 2016
    Chestnut stuffing.  Not sure how to get rid of the strike through as the screen has stopped responding
    bendybadgerkiki180703