Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Elsewhere] Amazon.it: #10212 Imperial Shuttle at 155£ / 186 Euro

Comments

• AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    @rasmutali, judging from the feedback receveid it seems that the buyers did receive the lego set itself, but in several occasions, the boxes were a bit crushed. See the neutral feedbacks and some of the positive ones.
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    @rasmustali yes, he has a shop and sold some of them already.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,635
    @drdavewatford, did you go for it?
    Don't ask !
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    edited February 2012
    giocare bene ....
    :)
    ^ Nice ! One of my favourites of all the UCS sets. Enjoy !
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    excellent box too.
  • kuwaharakuwahara Member Posts: 234
    back at lower price.....

gave in to temptation...just hope all is bella
  • rasmustalirasmustali Member Posts: 85
    ordered 2 :)
    edited February 2012
    I caved in a few nights back (I hate you lot!).

Just checked and mine has shipped. Expected delivery date 13th February.
    now the question is should I get MMV too, can I add it to same shippment and see how much more shipping will be before I order it?
    edited February 2012
    I ended up getting the shuttle a few days ago (!) and added the new TIE fighter to my order - it was at a significant discount, and added almost nothing to the shipping costs.
    I ordered 2x 10215 and they were shipped in a separate box, which arrived today. The shuttles are supposed to arrive by the end of the week.. Maybe they had some troubles finding them in the warehouse, because they were shipped one day later :)
  • coachiecoachie South WalesMember Posts: 476
    I hate to say this, but 10211 is 116 euros there from resellers.
    drdavewatford, I just started bricklink store where I have new Tie fighter for sale, you could have been my first customer. http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rass101

Sorry, I know it is a cheap way to promote my shop :P
    Is that a good price? I did not follow the modular building prices.. But on ebay they seem to be selling it as low as 99£
    the vw camper van works out £10 off as well.
    3 emporiums left.

edited February 2012
    Grand Emporium is a great price, for an amazing set. I have it on display in my cabinet.

Am I buying anything else at the moment though after ordering the Imperial Shuttle the other night?, err no, because I need to keep my girlfriend. :-D
  • giraffefrecklesgiraffefreckles Member Posts: 100
    So, the shipments worked for the U.S. will have to give them a second chance on a future sale...

Nice-looking shuttle...
  • JarakinJarakin Member Posts: 81
    edited February 2012
    God, I was so close to pulling the trigger on this and the new tie fighter, but I've held myself back as the Death Star and 8097 Slave 1 are higher on my list of priorities, and I don't think I can justify any other expenditure... That took some restraint, even though I'd never intended on buying 10212 before I saw this!

I think to reward myself, I'm going to buy the death star the next time they sneak double vip points onto it online... :) As for Slave 1, I'm going to play the waiting game to see if there'll be any crazy deals on it within the next few months... don't know if that's wise as people seem to think it'll go eol soon?
    yeah, I am waiting for 1st March to order the Joker's funhouse and get free delivery and double points. I wonder if I can talk them in to a free mini tie on the phone!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    edited February 2012
    ^ Free delivery's only in Feb, methinks?

Edit - only til 15th Feb in fact.
    ow no, that negates the double points promotion. hmm. what to do...
    @richo: Delivery = £3.95. Double points = 274 x 2 = 548 = £25.48.
    Also if you wait 'til March, you'll get your free mini TIE fighter to go with your Death Star. You know what to do...
    I think my note was unclear. I am only after the jokers funhouse. How I wish I had the spare cash for 2 death stars though. :-)
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 961
    Unghh, I thought missing the boat on the low price had ended my dilemma. Now it's back with a vengeance. I'd pull the trigger straight away only I still have designs on the DS which is in more immediate danger.
    edited February 2012
    @richo: Nope, it wasn't at all unclear, I just got you confused with jarakin. My bad :D

I actually ordered Funhouse last week, and I *think* that [email protected] will honour the free shipping when it comes back into stock. I also don't think I've been charged for it yet (no VIP points added to my account yet, haven't checked my bank balance (try to avoid that!)) so might end up with the double VIPs too if it doesn't despatch til March...
    I just received the box with the two shuttles.. they're sitting in my office right now! I'll open it tonight and see how they survived the shipment across Europe.

I also ordered the Death Star at the end of January to take advantage of the double VIP. But that DS was just a birthday present for me :) I only got a ninjago keychain though (which I don't like).. If anyone wants to trade it for a minitie or a roman minifig :D

Speaking of VIP.. will I get a plastic card for it or not?
    AvengerDr what country do you live in?
    I'm originally from Italy but I now live in Lancaster, UK
    Ok, I sent you a PM
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    @AvengerDr - snap - I haven't opened the packaging but it all looks solid and secure. Let us know how you get on!!
  • Bigmonty69Bigmonty69 Member Posts: 16
    edited February 2012
    My two sets were delivered today also but I wasn't it. I'll pick them up tomorrow, unfortunately me building it isn't going to happen any time soon, need to fit building the Death Star in first :)

The fact the IS and DS are both not in numbered bags is putting me off either build until I free up some space.
    @luckyruss I wasn't able to bring the box home today :( It was raining and I didn't want to "endanger" the box during my walk to the bus stop. If the UK weather gives me another chance I'll try tomorrow otherwise I'll go pick them up during the weekend with my car.

Provided that no one steals the huge box from my office in the meantime :D Although this one is marked Amazon.. Boxes from [email protected] are a HUGE giveaway :D
    edited February 2012
    ^ lol, my Lego parcels always get locked in the personnel records office overnight if I can't carry them home with me the day they arrive at work :)

I'm really not going to bite at this deal, but damn, that box looks beautiful... and generally speaking I'm not even a box kinda gal...
    Eh at the office I've become quite the celebrity :D
    Luckily, it's a university.. so we all get some free nerd allowance!
    edited February 2012
    just ordered 2 DS for 620 from amazon.es I am happy and nervously excited and bit confused as well :P
    yesterday 2 IS today 2 DS. I dont know how I can top this tomorrow :P.
    Anyways I now have seem to reached my goal on puting around 1000E into LEGOs, 1200 exactly to be accurate, hopefully it is worth it financially as much as it is fun.
    Eh at the office I've become quite the celebrity :D
    Luckily, it's a university.. so we all get some free nerd allowance!
    celebrity, brilliant!

@jarakin: double points in March... :) (http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/3398/uk-brand-store-monthly-calendars-discussion)
    Thanks yeah, I saw that thread, I was under the impression those posters alluded to instore deals only though? Hope I'm wrong!! Also, wonder if there'll ever be a sale on it...?
    @jarakin, ah yes, I hadn't realised that the title of that thread could be potentially misleading. If you look in the actual store calendar .pdf though you will see in the small print it says "offer is only valid at the LEGO store and online at shop.LEGO.com or on the phone."
    It also says it can't be combined with any other offer but FYI I've had offers stack before: double VIPs plus free holiday set, for example.
    @LostInTranslation, thanks alot for that, I guess I'll have to keep my expenditure low this month then to justify it to the wife! :)
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    A question, do you have to be a SW fan to enjoy this set?
    edited February 2012
    Quite a funny story this morning...

Logged into the Amazon Italy site to check progress of my parcel due for delivery on 13th February. Decided for the first time to track my parcel, as with the latest snow I wanted to check if there was any delay etc. To my partial horror, it said 'Status Delivered, package left by side of porch'!!!!!!!!!.

Luckily I was at home, so I just poked my head out of the door and round the side of the porch, and sure enough it was standing there, a big amazon box, sitting on the dusting of snow outside my house.

Just opened it, and despite one side of the box being ever so slightly wet on the outside, the Shuttle inside is mint, as is the box. The packaging wasn't great inside the box, but it has done it's job. It was basically brown paper jammed in to three of the corners so the Shuttle didn't touch the inside of the box.

The relief was immense. lol
    Ive had this a few times before (though not with a set this expensive!) and even boxes left out in the rain were OK inside. Amazing really.

I really cant imagine why courier companies employ people with a doorbell allergy.
    :| utter stupidity.
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    @richo let me check my order status delivery ;)
    my second one just arrived, unfortunately in this case the end of the cardboard box had dropped out entirely, the set itself had been grabbed by someone clumsy by the look of it, and has a nice squish mark half way down one side. Still accepted it, but this is the first time ever from anything amazon have sent me, so I put it down to the influence of the italian post. ho hum
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,829
    ^ I understand International purchases are also eligible for 'free' returns - they certainly are from the States to the UK.

I bought from Amazon.US a rather expensive book that was out of print and no longer available in the UK. In my view, the book was slightly defective. I emailed the States and asked about a replacement/return. They told me to return it to them and they would reimburse me with the postage charges. Unfortunately, given the size and weight of the book, I couldn't find a service that would get it back to them for less than £90. Amazon in turn refunded just under half of the price of the book back to me - £150 refund! I kept the book.

Contact Amazon.It. The chances are they will offer you some sort of anything just to avoid having to reimburse you for returning it to Italy. Unless of course it came from MK. This might be the way for us to find out where they're being shipped from.

The shuttles have landed! I guess they are as mint as they can be. Only the box that was on the bottom has a bit of tear were the tape is.. but I've seen boxes in shops in much worse conditions.
    edited February 2012
    Pleased to report that my Imperial Shuttle arrived today in pretty much perfect condition. The added bonus was the TIE Fighter which I added to my order for a touch over €40 and which didn't significantly impact the shipping costs. That also arrived in good condition, and worked out as a 32% saving on the UK RRP. I do love my 30% discounts !