Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10245 Santa's Workshop

12346»

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,727
    jdylak said:

And the last two years, the bonus set went with the WMV. Set #1 this year? It's a corner of a building. What do you do with that?

Clearly you don't own a tool shed. "Does everybody know what time it is?"
  • LegonizerLegonizer San Diego, CAMember Posts: 39
    Am I the only one who thinks that these complaints are a little silly? Firstly, I like the brick-built reindeer, In fact I almost always prefer brick-built over molded in any situation. Secondly, the conveyer belt isn't outside - the room that it belongs in (the wider, left one) has no back wall, so just stick it back there and it's inside. thirdly, why are people complaining about how the set looks? Personally, I like the aesthetic of this set far more than any other WV set, it's quaint and charming. I do agree though that it would have been more appropriate to make this set larger and shrink the market and cottage.
    TXLegoguyShibPaperballparkbrickedinAndorAdzbadboysnowhitie
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    I'd like to see a picture of the conveyor belt inside with what is already in tere plus the 4 elves. I wouldn'y mind the brick built reindeer if they had always done brickbuilt animals in the theme. I've read that it's because it's in the "Creator" line now. Well, that can't be true as last years market was Creator and we had a molded cat and the horses on the merry go round were molded. I'm sure the reason is brick built is cheaper?
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 941
    ^I know that Santa's workshop is small but lets be honest, we always have to use our imagination with Lego. They can't completely replicate entire buildings all the time. I think its a lovely little set. It is similar in size to the Toy shop, Bakery and Post office, which aren't complete buildings. Set 1 of this year fits well with Santa's Workshop but also as a little stand alone vignette. I've seen it built in the Lego store and I think it looks lovely.
    ShibAndorLegoKipAdzbadboy
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 491
    Built the workshop and the holiday set 1 with my 4yo. It's a great little set but he would have preferred it to be the size of the WV Cottage so that Santa could have a bed and Mrs. Claus a place to bake the cookies.

Nonetheless, he spent a long time playing with it and wanted to sleep with a couple of raindeers, always the sign of a very welcome new toy!
    RonyarnychromastonetamamahmBrickDancerLegoKipevantylerchuckpAdzbadboysnowhitie
  • DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 247
    Ordered #10245 on Cyber Monday and it got cancelled today... "The demand for the item(s) listed below has exceeded our expectations and the item(s) are no longer available. We regret to inform you that the order for these item(s) has been cancelled from your order"

If it was one set not to run out this month, that was the one....
    Legoboy
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    Santa's Workshop is a very cool little build! The details are first class. As stated above, just enlarge it if it is too small. We plan to build more reindeer and extend the back with more holiday stuff. Thought about waiting to pick this one up; glad I did not with them running out of stock. Hubby can't wait to add his N Scale railroad lights to the set up this year and is building a large base to hold all of Winter Village in our circular stairwell ledge. WV is an outstanding theme because so many folks celebrate the holidays in one form or another. And it is a fantastic family build.
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    Being in Australia with temperatures in the mid 30's Celsius, I have all my winter village sets built and displayed on a table, as well as all the Christmas sets, just waiting on the Freebie #2 to come. It is so nice to look at the display and imagine how cold it might be in the village, so much better than watching your lawn turn brown and getting sunburnt.
    Andor
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,541

Being in Australia with temperatures in the mid 30's Celsius, I have all my winter village sets built and displayed on a table, as well as all the Christmas sets, just waiting on the Freebie #2 to come. It is so nice to look at the display and imagine how cold it might be in the village, so much better than watching your lawn turn brown and getting sunburnt.

I do not think I could live in an area where it is warm/hot around Christmas. It just would throw me off so bad.
    chuckpAndormargot
  • jmathisjmathis Member Posts: 3
    I think the set is great. The architectural designs and novel builder techniques impress me. My son loves the wsy the reindeer kind of sag and sway when he swooshes Santa's sleigh.
  • lieslgeelieslgee Member Posts: 17
    This is a great set. Okay, how many of you put red noses on the lead reindeer and the baby one?
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,416
    Just on the baby one. Bought two sets so I can have all 8 (+1) reindeer. Maybe the other baby will be the girl reindeer that helped Rudolph fly for the first time. What was her name? Clarissa?
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404

I do not think I could live in an area where it is warm/hot around Christmas. It just would throw me off so bad.
    Personally I could handle the warm Christmas, but all the poisonous insects in Austrailia are another matter...
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 369
    ^^ I think her name was Clarice?
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    edited December 2014
    @Ronyar‌
    You are correct. Rudolph & Clarice.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,401
    Fava beans?
    thedingman5GigglebyteRonyarricecakeSumoLego
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,703
    Ooh, a two year old thread resurrection! Just built Santa's Workshop and the little offshoot where the elves are "going it alone". My six year old immediately wanted to know when the sets fitted together. Is there an accepted way of combining them apart from major modification of the little set?
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 966
    My favourite sets ever!
    i bought a second workshop to create my first ever moc/mod using the three sets. My kids love it - we ended up buying 17 elves and 11 cmf penguins to go inside.
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 915
    Just build mine early this month.

SumoLegoLegogramstluxsnowhitie
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,518
    ^I quite like the pink and purple reindeer!

TLG could have produced a mold for a deer in general. But they will always have trouble doing the antlers at a reasonable scale. 
    The Disney Princess Frozen deer comes close, but is still a bit chunky.

You could say Santa has Robot Reindeer to fly his sleigh around?
    On the plus side the brick built reindeer could be used with Minecraft sets to have a Minecraft Santa's Workshop.? 

The WV Santa's Workshop can also be MOC'd into a decent WV train station.
    Leaving extra elves to add to your expanded Santa's workshop, with the conveyor belt inside. 
    Brickfan50Recce
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,441
    Mine's still in sealed box on the table, ready to begin work on tonight, to join the #10254 Winter Holiday Train and #10249 Winter Toy Shop that are already sitting next to our Christmas tree :)
  • JodyJody Eastern USAMember Posts: 104
     I'd much rather have brick built deer. That is what Lego is all about to me....building things out of bricks.
    sid3windrstluxCircleKPeteMericbsnowhitie
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    After building this for the third year in a row, I've come to realize how unstable the main building is. I love the set, but will need to reinforce it. The buildings connect together in only two small areas. Needs another connection or so to stop it from snapping off when transporting. Didn't help that one of the connections broke this year.