Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The last Lego set EVER!

GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 468
Let's imagine, for reasons unknown, Lego announced that it was ceasing production on all sets in 2017. What would you choose as the very last Lego set (or minifig) to ever be produced?

Would you go huge with a set that dwarfs the Disney Castle? Or maybe something retro to celebrate their early sets? Or perhaps just a smaller, more intimate set that sends the company off in a quiet way?

I'd like to see a double baseplate Lego factory modular as their final set, complete with delivery truck, or maybe a display stand that includes a city, space, castle, etc. minifig.

Comments

• legomasonlegomason Member Posts: 190
    Something like Set Number #2011 LEGO Duck to bring it full circle. (database shortcut doesn't seem to work on this unusually numbered set :(  )
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,384
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    This scared me until I read the description...
  • legomasonlegomason Member Posts: 190
    @Huw Did you have the same answer as me or just correcting my link?
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 468
    @legomason I think Huw was just providing the link for the set you wanted, although I could be wrong. Maybe he agrees with you? :-)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,411
    A re-re-release of the Death Star. 
    Coolguy5000madforLEGOMynattkiki180703CM4Sgmonkey76
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 665
    A City helicopter.
    OrmskirkBricksSprinkleOttermadforLEGOkiki180703CM4Sgmonkey76
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 262
    A mash up of the Galidor and Ben10 themes, with a few Belville babies thrown in for fun.
    Seriously, hope this day never arrives... ohhhh the horrors of switching to Megablocks or or or Lepin... gaahhhh
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 461
    Galidor:)
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703CM4S
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    Surely a police station?
    gmonkey76
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,179
    A massive box full of various elements and minifigs etc all in SOLID GOLD! 
    starwars4everkiki180703CM4S
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 614
    A mash up of the Galidor and Ben10 themes, with a few Belville babies thrown in for fun.
    Seriously, hope this day never arrives... ohhhh the horrors of switching to Megablocks or or or Lepin... gaahhhh
    If LEGO ever dies, it will be because they push out stuff like this instead of their bread-and-butter building bricks...
    madforLEGOkiki180703gmonkey76
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,732
    I feel like the last Lego set ever would have to be something very simple and iconic - maybe a house or car with a minifigure, in the style of the simplest System sets from the 70s...
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,256
    Space age town plan.
    madforLEGOplasmodiumkiki180703gmonkey76
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    A 1:1 Scale of the Volkswagen Beetle. biggest set ever. Go out with a bang. That no one would have space to store/build/display
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    A life-size lego sausage. 
    OrmskirkBrickscatwranglerkiki180703
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,217
    edited December 2016
    A massive 'build you own Modular' set  ( akin to #10183 ). All the Parts to build one of three large mods, with 6 designs for 'half mods' (like the two in pet shop).
    Or one such master box for every theme (Creator, City, SW, TECHNIC, Castle, Ninjago, etc)