Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What is your single favorite Lego piece?

happyskunkyhappyskunky Michigan Member Posts: 133
I have not been around the Lego block like some of you with my measly number of sets but I have found my single favorite Lego piece so far.  

http://brickset.com/parts/6122207

I really love it and happy I have 2 !

catwranglerLegogramkiki180703Mr_Cross

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,020
    MattsWhatnatro220kiki180703mdtvandy
  • iliketoastiliketoast AustraliaMember Posts: 271
    edited May 2016
    I like it when a 2x4 turns up in a set
    OldfanMynattkiki180703Mr_Cross
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,114
    I like it when a 2x4 turns up in a set
    Buy Minecraft sets! Lots in them... ;-)
    VorpalRyuFowlerBricksSeanTheCollector
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,612
    Easy - the heads.
    catwranglerkiki180703
  • MrShinyAndNewMrShinyAndNew Member Posts: 249
    A Lego piece, on its own, is worthless. Lego pieces derive their beauty from the way they form a language. Each piece connects to the other pieces in many ways. A small number of possible connections group together to make something amazing. The pin fits in the bar fits in the stud fits in the hole. My favourite piece? All of them. (Well, most of them).
    catwranglerkiki180703Mr_Cross
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    Lego pieces derive their beauty from the way they form a language.

My favourite piece? All of them. (Well, most of them).
    C'mon then; what are the swear-words?
    catwranglerkiki180703Toc13
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,970
    ^ A cracked Slope 1 x 1x 0.66
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,736
    TigerMoth said:

Snaps. Galidor. Certain Fabuland.
    gmonkey76kiki180703
  • jason1976jason1976 LondonMember Posts: 76
    TigerMoth said:

Snaps. Galidor. Certain Fabuland.

J*ck St*ne

Asterisks as it's still early in the UK and there may be children about who don't need to see such language.
    Oldfancatwranglerkiki180703
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    Mine has to be

I've wanted this piece since I was a kid.
    bobabrickscatwranglerkiki180703
    TigerMoth said:

Well, by my own poetic criteria, any piece that doesn't connect well with other pieces is less favoured. I don't like giant fins or wing pieces or wall pieces or those big angled castle tower crenelation pieces. Big pieces should be made of smaller pieces. I'm not crazy about BURPS.
  • MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 197
    Interesting question, that's something I never really considered.  Thinking it over, I'd have to go with this:

And its mirrored counterpart, of course.  The Galaxy Explorer is one of my earliest memories of Lego, and these wings for me seem to contain the DNA of that whole era of space sets.  If it's a language, they're my cellar door.
    JudgeChuckcatwranglerpaulmisonkiki18070377ncaachampsMr_Cross
  • happyskunkyhappyskunky Michigan Member Posts: 133
    Interesting question, that's something I never really considered.  Thinking it over, I'd have to go with this:

And its mirrored counterpart, of course.  The Galaxy Explorer is one of my earliest memories of Lego, and these wings for me seem to contain the DNA of that whole era of space sets.  If it's a language, they're my cellar door.

Finally someone taking my question seriously :D
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    This piece would probably have to up there, being able to put angles on axles without having to use gears is great.

• xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    edited May 2016
    I'm going to choose two pieces that exemplify for me why modern LEGO is better than the LEGO of my childhood: Fleshie heads and Technic lift arms. Their inclusion in the latest SW sets really improve the theme in my opinion.

Ben Fogle - stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,020
    happyskunky said:

Finally someone taking my question seriously :D
    I took it seriously. Without the humble 2x1 brick, my builds would be nothing.
    SalamalexMr_Cross
  • aldreddaldredd United KingdomMember Posts: 203
    *drool* 
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,114

I have given this subject a bit of thought as well and, on balance, I have to concur with you... I see that piece and immediately think of the ship in #6970, #885, #918, #924 and #928... Love it! :-)
    catwranglerTufted_duckkiki180703Mr_Cross
  • FurrysaurusFurrysaurus Hiding in the kitchen.Member Posts: 156
    edited May 2016
    the 1x5 i married.

catwranglergmonkey76kiki180703
    the 1x5 i married.

You married one of these?

77ncaachampsSumoLego
  • thedoctor46thedoctor46 UKMember Posts: 205
    I've always had a fondness for the 1x2 modified tile radiator grill
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 213
    Why? I don't really know but I'm always tempted to add them into whatever I'm building.
    Bumblepantskiki180703kmcdougts
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,814
    You never forget your first love. I'm still happy when I find one of these, and they've inspired lots of models:

GothamConstructionCokiki180703Mr_Cross
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,100
    My favorite piece is this 2x2x3 75 degree double concave......

Oh.... that's right.... they haven't released it yet.... but THEY HAVE THE MOLD!!!  ;-)

catwranglerbandit778SprinkleOtterkiki180703AdzbadboybobabricksVorpalRyuGalactusThe_Mad_Vulcan
  • LegoPegasister2015LegoPegasister2015 Westchester, NYMember Posts: 132
    None. Any single piece is a worthless piece of plastic until there's at least one other part to connect it to.
  • willobee498willobee498 CanadalandMember Posts: 349
    The red ruby, introduced in Adventurers. At the time, it being so new to me and only in a few sets, made it seem more fantastic than words can describe. Nowadays, any of the coloured gems still seem just a little bit more special than other pieces.
    thedoctor46catwranglerkiki180703
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    @Istokg damn Lego not releasing the cool parts I want. Do you think any of these pieces could be introduced in an ideas set since they are technically not new molds? :o
  • Nakatsu_HimeNakatsu_Hime UKMember Posts: 1
    This bit I think. From the era of the proto-Technic sets, but a really useful part - never revived as far as I'm aware.

catwranglerVorpalRyubobabrickskiki180703bricking
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 307
    This one all the way:

BumblepantsSprinkleOttercatwranglerwardmbobabrickskiki180703
    Ayliffe said:
    This one all the way:

Stick one of those at the ends of the multitude of legs the spider beast has and it gets kinda terrifying.
    catwranglerpreverebobabrickskiki180703
  • brickingbricking LAMember Posts: 57
    These remind me of my childhood. A single one was used in just one model.

catwrangler
  • brickingbricking LAMember Posts: 57
    ^ I think it will be the centrepiece of the Arvo Bros next model ;-)
    GothamConstructionCoBlueTacokiki180703stluxBooTheMightyHamsterSirBrickalotOfLego
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,203
    Does this count as a piece 

catwranglerOrmskirkBricks
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 479
    My favorite is obviously the angry clone head from Star Wars! So lucky that I have a lot...;)
    FowlerBricks
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,085
    Image result for lego pirate hat
    gmonkey76Legogramkiki180703catwranglerkbw
    I am never losing another Brickfair boat race...
    Lego Boat Hull Unitary 74 x 18 x 7 Complete Assembly with Light Bluish Gray Top
    Legogramkiki180703stluxcatwranglerJern92
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,203
    The cups are pretty cool just because of their size vs size of minifig. That is one big cup of tea. 

Legogramkiki180703
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,878

10 x 10 x 12 quarter dome - trans-yellow...it screams Blacktron awesomeness.

SprinkleOttergmonkey76MAGNINOMINISUMBRAkiki180703catwranglermadforLEGOThe_Mad_Vulcan
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,100
    bricking said:
    These remind me of my childhood. A single one was used in just one model.

I too love this piece.... only because I was already building with LEGO when it was produced (1959-72 in red, 1960-72 in blue).  It came in the "valley bricks" parts packs of the late 50s to 1972 era... but only ever used in one model.... the 322 House set introduced in 1964.

This part was only ever found in parts packs in red or blue.... but some gray ones are known on the secondary market.  They might have been used for LEGOLAND models prior to 1973.

Here is an image from the September 1959 German Retailer Sales Guide showing the new 13 element LEGO sloped system.  That peak brick is the only one of the 45 degree slopes that is not in production today.

It's sad that TLG got away from "the system" of parts.  But when they produce a bazillion parts, one can't expect all parts of one "system" to come in matching colors.  :-(
    LegogramchuckpMAGNINOMINISUMBRAkiki180703stluxcatwranglerbrickingmadforLEGO
  • PmhPmh netherlandsMember Posts: 128

Probably tiles,any. I absolutely love tiles. If the modular buildings would not have tiles I would probably not have bought any of them. They make lego look so nice.

BumblepantsLegogramkiki180703dougtsshikadi
  • Johnyk668Johnyk668 Melbourne, Australia Member Posts: 73
    The ever so humble technic brick, I remember getting #851 as a kid and my lego building days went from simple to Technical (pre name change to technic)

Whilst I am not a massive fan of the new look Technic with all the moulded panels I am looking forward to Christmas and building #42054 and comparing tractors and then trying to get the attachments from either build to work on the other.

Coming out of my dark ages my first real build was the new Millennium Falcon and halfway through the first bag I thought there was a lot of Technic beams and that it it didn't really feel like a Lego build. After completing the entire build I realised that to get the strength in the base there wasn't another way (that I knew of) to achieve this.

But like others have said, it does require some pins to make it all work.

catwrangler
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625
    Jumping between the studs with 6066097 - Plate 1X2 W. 1 Knob!

bobabricksdougtsMr_Cross
  • TrikkyrTrikkyr YorkshireMember Posts: 14
    From my Early Lego Space days this found its way into every build - 

From Later years though every Spaceship, Car, Mech or plane can benefit from the mad Max style Blown Motor -

77ncaachampsJohnyk668Ian_Scatwranglergmonkey76Mr_Cross
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,612
    ^ the number of those tail fins that me and my brother trod on and broke as a child - makes me wince even now...
    Ian_SMr_Cross
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 154
    I really like the cheese wedges.
    VorpalRyuBumblepants
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,261
    edited December 2016
    @Nakatsu_Hime I've got one of those bricks, mine came with a 4.5V motor, never realised they predated Technics, as I got the motor for my fifth or sixth birthday (thanks to your post, I've just discovered that that set, #107 came out the year I was born, 1976, a year before the first Technics sets were released).

@Tufted_duck I have several of those in trans-blue, one in light grey & two in white, didn't realise it before now that I have all the sets that contained that part in trans-blue, including a second #6927 All-Terrain Vehicle. I'd have to say that of those sets, #6980 Galaxy Commander was my favourite.

As for my favourite part....30374 would probably be the closest thing to it, as I want to have at least a couple of them in each translucent colour TLG (apart from the glitter variants), followed closely by 64567 & 87994.

• Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    My favorite from my youth:

Could make a rocket out of anything.
    OrmskirkBrickscatwranglerMaffyDMr_CrossShiboldtodd33