Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

How do you display minifigs?

Comments

• LegogramLegogram PA USAMember Posts: 319
    edited October 2016

My first attempt at making a display case. Now to find a place to hang it.

That is fabulous!  I may have to try something similar, since she is one of my favorite figs.  I don't have all of them though.  Hopefully some day.  I can't wait to see your next design.
    ravendragonwingdavetheoxygenmanblogzilly
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,709
    ^ On the side of the helmet:

Notice how it's not white...
    Yes it is, you are just viewing it from the wrong angle.

Yodaliciousbandit778kiki180703TheBigLegoski
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,364
    edited October 2016
    Well I bought eight of the C-A-Zs so that skews the statistics.
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    Without the desire to start controversy (and because I didn't read all the previous posts)...

Why would you display CMFs instead of adding them to your sets/towns?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,709
    josekalel said:

A few I can think of:

Less room needed to display.
    Ideal for people that don't build but like to collect.
    Ability to display on a wall.

(Not that I do it. I display them with MOCs.)

• Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,580
    josekalel said:
    Without the desire to start controversy (and because I didn't read all the previous posts)...

My modular street is only 8 32x32 baseplates and 4 32x16 baseplates. I just don't have the space to put the 200+ CMF out along with the 600 or so other minifigures I have. The two frames show them off nicely right next to me and takes up no real space I can use for anything else.

I also have a few of them populating my street as well

stlux
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Being a completist, I need to have the full series together so they are framed by theme (Fantasy, Monsters, Costumes, Historical, Professions, etc.) Each frame is set up to contain 6 series. So waiting on 2 more series to create the 3rd frame.

Same reason as @Speedman29. My layout is only the Modulars in a single line, so it's already jam packed with minifigs as-is. Leaving no room to add all the CMF's. Though a few extras are added like the Police-types in front of Fire Brigade, or the Coffee and Pizza Guy in front of Cafe Corner. With extras of certain ones kept separate for random displaying as part of holiday displays like Halloween or Christmas.
    It is a lot easier to find the minifigs you wish to add to a display, when the minifigs are already displayed on the wall or on shelves.

Wish I could have unlimited space for displays, but for now I would be happy just to be able to display minifigs. :-)
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 831
    I use the rectangular Daiso display cases, which would fit about 20 minifigures each, so I just put in the 16 that's in the latest series, with a gap on both ends. Getting an empty CMF S16 box to make a background for the case, so it should look good afterwards. This is the first time I've actually gotten every single figure in a series, partly by accident so figured I might as well display them.
    If I ever get to have as many CMFs as most of you (I truly doubt it, especially since I'm missing 15 series out of the 16), I think I would display some CMFs by theme, like some of you do; I think it makes sense.

However, as my town keeps growing, I'll add them to the cityscape to create a more realistic (IMO) town. I don't mind overcrowding, since it's a reality for many cities. 
    Pumpkin_3CK5
  • Maniac4BricksManiac4Bricks Member Posts: 9
    I'm still experimenting but here's what I have now. One one of my bookshelves displaying Super Heroes sets, I have 2 and a half 32x32 baseplates tacked on the wall behind them with mounting squares (velcro so I can take them off the wall and put them back when needed). Each minifigure stands on a line of bricks going across the baseplates. It could be mounted better, and BigFigs throw off the line's height.

I also use a brick-built staircase/bleacher display for my CMF's (mostly due to their bases from each package). 5 series per 32x32 baseplate, see here: 

I'm still looking into other methods using bricks and baseplates, shelf or wall :)
    I'm still experimenting but here's what I have now. One one of my bookshelves displaying Super Heroes sets, I have 2 and a half 32x32 baseplates tacked on the wall behind them with mounting squares (velcro so I can take them off the wall and put them back when needed). Each minifigure stands on a line of bricks going across the baseplates. It could be mounted better, and BigFigs throw off the line's height.

I also use a brick-built staircase/bleacher display for my CMF's (mostly due to their bases from each package). 5 series per 32x32 baseplate, see my YouTube video, "Collect-A-Thon: CMFs Update 1!" on Maniac4Bricks.

I'm still looking into other methods using bricks and baseplates, shelf or wall :)

I also use a brick-built staircase/bleacher display for my CMF's (mostly due to their bases from each package). 5 series per 32x32 baseplate, see my YouTube video, "Collect-A-Thon: CMFs Update 1!" on Maniac4Bricks.

• ditchoramaditchorama EarthMember Posts: 23
    Now that the TLMB CMF figures have been announced, does anyone have an idea how to get them into the Ribba Frames? I would say they're have to go in a 7/6/7 configuration...does anyone have the exact measurements of the usable space on the backing board once the frame is in place?
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 481
    ^^ You can say that again! ;)
    arathemisMuftak1kiki180703MynattJern9277ncaachampsTheBigLegoski
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 509
    And again, and again, and again... :)
    sid3windrMynattJern9277ncaachampsTheBigLegoski
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    Well, we used to display them in a giant candy jar....now they are displayed in a box in the garage somewhere...........I  think :)
    Johnyk668Jackad7AllBrickLEGO_Dad77
    @ryjay  
    I would be happy to help you.  
    Just send them to me, and I will post pictures of their happy, displayed little faces!  
    Poor little minifigs, in that awful garage  :-(
    josekalelSprinkleOtterAllBrick
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,242
    ^Wow, those are really nice!  Welcome to (posting on) the forum @JohnR80
    JohnR80
    edited December 2016
    @JohnR80 your displays are great! I really like the Stormtrooper display, it looks very artsy too. #EmpireDidNothingWrong
    JohnR80
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    josekalel said:
    @JohnR80 your displays are great! I really like the Stormtrooper display, it looks very artsy too. #EmpireDidNothingWrong
    I think it'd be truly artsy if you filled up the rest of the Stormtrooper display with regular troopers except for one. Either a Trooper with a weird expression on his face looking at the other troopers or a differently colored Trooper.
    JohnR80catwranglerSprinkleOtterobi_g
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,465
    finn?
    ClutchPowerOnebricktoomanyYodaliciousstluxJackad7AllBrick
  • blogzillyblogzilly Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 598
    These displays are amazing. Up til now I'd been using some purchased LEGO display units. To Hell with THAT. I gotta come up with something more creative. I love the framed sets for CMFs and special sets like Beatles and Ghostbusters. 

LOVE ❤️ THEM.
    JohnR80kiki180703
  • DoctorMcGannDoctorMcGann NashvilleMember Posts: 37
    Exactly what I thought of. I miss The Far Side...
    Mynatt
  • blogzillyblogzilly Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 598
    josekalel said:
    I think it'd be truly artsy if you filled up the rest of the Stormtrooper display with regular troopers except for one. Either a Trooper with a weird expression on his face looking at the other troopers or a differently colored Trooper.
    Or one in his underwear. 
    catwranglerkiki180703DoctorMcGann77ncaachamps
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 327
    Bat man Series 
    LegogramkhmellymelstluxGothamConstructionCoAllBrickTheBigLegoskiblogzillyClutchPowerkiki180703
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,775
    ^ and now my neck hurts :-) Well done on the collection - especially like the wolverine batman (whatever the real name is).
    GothamConstructionCoandheAllBrickClutchPowerkiki180703
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,992
    MaffyD said:
    ^ and now my neck hurts :-) Well done on the collection - especially like the wolverine batman (whatever the real name is).
    He is Catman I believe.
    MaffyDkiki180703
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    I'd post mine, but it's just a bunch of fishing tackle boxes. (Sad face.)
    LEGO_Dad7777ncaachampsSprinkleOtterkiki180703AllBrick
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 714
    Does anybody remember the website where Jang gets his off-brand baseplates for his minifig displays?
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 386
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 714
    ^Thanks!
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,418
    Wow, lots of nice display cases & frames. Had not looked at this thread for a long time, so I had the pleasure of checking out over a hundred 'new' posts.
    Anyway, I don't have any of those frames/cases. I usually display my minifigs on/in/next to the sets they are part of. CMF's usually inhabit bookcases (on the shelves in front of the books) but that sometimes proofs to be most cumbersome when you need to actually get to the books etc.
    Sometimes when I breakdown and put away the builds (sets or MOC) I keep certain minifigs aside (usually all from the same theme) and just put a bunch of them on a baseplate.

:-/   yes, that is indeed dust. Really need to get a brush and get them shiny and clean again. (or just include them in my project 'ziplock')
    ClutchPower
  • JodyJody Eastern USAMember Posts: 104
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 782
    ^Are those arranged according to your faves or just random? 
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 782
    Here you go:

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/352708/#Comment_352708

Unfortunately it looks like @B0SSK was banned before he could post photos. That was just after I joined, and I've always believed that the legend would one day be shown to be true...
    Why was that guy banned? Cause of the claim he made or something else entirely? 
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,418
    edited January 2017
    @Pumpkin_3CK5
    Because he could not BEHAVE.
    httpiimgurcom1aHaL81jpg

ps.
    Damn it, where is   @Pitfall69   when you need him!

gmonkey76Pumpkin_3CK5SumoLegoTyresOFlahertyClutchPowerkiki180703