Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Brickset Bonus Ball Draw - Win an amazing something that I have spare

bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
Welcome all to the weekly bonus ball draw

I am ill prepared as usual and have not even though of a question let alone a prize but I know most people do it for the kudos of being the weekly winner.  Anyway the prize is going to be something that I dig out of my pile of Lego. We all love a mystery prize anyway!

Simply answer the question below to get a number in this weeks draw.  First 59 answers.

So without further ado I will pose this weeks question.  This follows on from @snowhitie 's question last week.

What is your worst habit?

I think my worst habit would be half listening. Sometimes when people talk to me and I see something interesting I totally shut off from listening to what they are saying to concentrate on the more interesting thing.  

Wife: We really need to discuss where we are going on holiday this year.  I would like to..........
Me: <ooh squirrel>
Me: <He can't half run up that tree>
Wife: blah blah blah
Me: <Wonder if he will fall?>
Wife: (SHOUTS) You're not listening again are you?
Me: errr err a little? Something about holidays.
Wife: That was 5 minutes ago. <Shakes head, storms off>
Me: Bugger! Where did that squirrel go to?

Good luck all 
SprinkleOtterGothamConstructionCoBricklover18eggshenLegogramricecakeCovistluxBumblepantsiso3200TheBigLegoskiSeijiAmasawaLobotLegoboyRenegade007cjhLego_Starbandit778catwranglermessytallblocktookiki180703dspigelsnowhitiexiahnaSumoLegokhmellymelchuckp

Comments

• William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Forgetting where i placed stuff
    LegogramLego_Star
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,735
    Paper? Eeh, it's due in three days. This star destroyer, though...
    bendybadgerLegogramTheBigLegoskikhmellymel
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    Pfffft....I'm freaking awesome. Whatcha mean bad habits?
    LegogrambendybadgerLego_StarSprinkleOtter
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Procrastinating,"oh it's due next week I'll do it next week" proceeds to take a nap. 
    stluxTheBigLegoski
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,516
    Waiting till the last minute to do everything.

I getting (a bit) better at it.
    LegogramTheBigLegoski
  • LegogramLegogram PA USAMember Posts: 318
    Email happy people drive me nuts, so I take a long time to respond to those people.  A lot of the time I even forget to check my email and then I am really late.  :-(
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,878
    Okay @bendybadger, I like your Christmas picture  :)

My worst habit? Hmh, I can be quite pig-headed sometimes...

(You saying I ain't? Yes I am, yes I am)
    Legogrambendybadger
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    Being indecisive.. 
    No, biting my nails... 
    No, no, definitely being indecisive! 

TheBigLegoskibendybadger
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,525
    Zoning out
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Smoking
    bendybadger
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    Procrastination. That's probably why I miss so many of these draws. I figure I'll think of an answer and post it later. 
    TheBigLegoskibendybadger
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 952
    Buying, but not actually building Lego...
    bendybadger
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,612

Laziness. I yearn to be idle. To be free of tasks and chores, commitments and responsibilities. To throw off the shackles of adulthood and return to the 'couldn't give a slightest care' of my youth.

You're all very lucky I could be bothered to write this, to be honest... ;-)

stluxTheBigLegoskibendybadgercatwrangler
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,355
    Worst habit? Being a completist. I need to own all of something, be it DVDs of a film franchise or sets from a theme.....even if I don't like them or the film actually sucks! Getting a bit better these days though.
    tofSumoLego
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,154
    edited December 2016
    Probably spending money I don't really have - particularly on Lego.
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    Getting sidetracked for 2 hours on things that weren't the 15 min task I set out to do.
    TheBigLegoskicatwrangler
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 291
    Postponing till the last moment.
    TheBigLegoski
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 540
    Probably working on too many projects (big and small) simultaneously. I definitely need to work at finishing one task before moving to another. My brain just doesn't want to work that way though. Unless the task is really time constrained (cooking for example) then my brain tries to organize everything to flow together to maximize efficiency. In reality I leave a small trail of things behind me that I AM coming back to shortly. All of the timing makes perfect sense to me but not to others.
    TheBigLegoskibendybadgercatwrangler
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    Worst habit is being obsessed with Lego,It's even gotten to the point where  I log into a Lego forum and answer questions for a chance to win more Lego
    Legogrambendybadger
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,238
    Like others here: procrastinating. If it only needs to be done next week, I will not do it this week. And next week I'll find something more important (such as browsing this forum) to do and postpone it a bit longer. And then instead of finally completing the task, I instead think long and hard to come up with an excuse why I haven't done it yet. I'm busy you know!
    TheBigLegoski
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 482
    last-minute doing stuff, too
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,347
    So many procrastinators and yet you've answered this quickly enough...

For me, I guess I can be a bit selfish and really get snappy when people distract me at work. 
    bendybadger
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 461
    OCD/completionist collecting habits...
    TheBigLegoski
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,942
    edited December 2016
    I snack too much. "Hey its 11pm, better eat a bunch of cheese and peanuts so I can sleep poorly and be miserable at work tomorrow!"
    bendybadgerSprinkleOttertallblocktoo
  • ScarraScarra LondonMember Posts: 137
    I've been told I have many bad habits but the worst has to be Selective hearing.

• PerijovePerijove Member Posts: 113
    Buying sets faster than I can open and assemble them.  Then the sets retire and shoot up in value and the collector in me wants to resist opening them even more.  I also have no desire to start selling any of it.  Then I start running out of room to store the unopened sets.  I almost have my own personal LEGO Store/Vault in my basement.
    BumblepantsTheBigLegoskistluxLegoboybendybadgermessy
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,020
    Not picking stuff up if I throw it at the bin and miss.
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 326
    Swearing in traffic according to my wife
    TheBigLegoski
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    Clutter - I am working on it though...
    TheBigLegoskibendybadger
  • khopewosinkhopewosin Member Posts: 91
    I pick my nose...
  • toftof Member Posts: 147
    Completist and eating too much chocolate!
  • diddypididdypi USAMember Posts: 25
    Staying up too late (often building Lego).
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,382
    Wow, admitting this is tough! I typed it, and then deleted it again.... several times.

I procrastinate too much. There! I wrote it down, on the interwebs... for everyone to read! Are you happy now!

For instance, I tell myself I need to this or that tedious chore, such as dusting off and vacuum cleaning, which I really hate doing (vacuum cleaning and dish washing to a lesser extend I absolutely loathe doing), and way too often I end up doing whatever I can so I end up not doing the silly chores I detest doing, only then to be abhorred by not having done them, cursing myself for being a procrastinator looking for excuses not having to do what I know I should.
    So instead of cleaning and tidying up, I go build another Lego set or do something else, or all together leave my house. I know I should break a bunch of them down and bag them up, not having enough proper display space for all of them anyway, I always manage to squeeze another set in, adding to the clutter and dust collectors (okay I do dust off my precious Lego). The thing is there really is no end to dust, you muster all your energy, gather all your willpower, clean your entire house, and six hours later there it is again ...... more dust particles settling on everything!

Thank you @bendybadger&nbsp; for this opportunity to rant and share how awesome procrastinating is.
    stluxLegoboybendybadger
  • BoomDiggityBoomDiggity Member Posts: 107
    Not recycling my water bottles.
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 433
    I leave doors open and lights on all the time.
  • sukhsukh Member Posts: 142
    Forgetting the names of people
    bendybadgerLegogram
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,791
    edited December 2016
    My sweet tooth I have to have some form of sugar once, twice, three times a week. Also I am very reserved when people first meet me. To the point of seeming really hostile. 
  • janscjansc The Netherlands Member Posts: 57
    Picking my nose (in private), but leaving them at random places. I do have the intention to clean up after myself, but often forget.
    Bumblepants
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 218
    edited December 2016
    sloth with regards to house chores
  • PoMoPinkPoMoPink UKMember Posts: 269
    Buying stuff I have no space for.
  • Raven13Raven13 FifeMember Posts: 16
    Swearing at cold callers on the phone. Especially those saying there is an issue with my 'Windows' computer !
    TheBigLegoskibendybadger
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    Worst habit for me is attending to the squeaky wheel. I'm quick to jump and help somebody in need, often forgetting that what I was doing was actually more important... and whoever needed the help didn't really need it...
    catwrangler
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 355
    Mine is half listening too
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,720
    Brickset, obviously. 
    stluxTheBigLegoskibendybadgereggshenLego_Star
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,886
    Procrastination 
  • woony2woony2 UKMember Posts: 336
    Having zero empathy
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,648
    Not being able to find something that is literally right in front of me!
    catwrangler
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 731
    Lately, not listening very well.  Thus, telling the wife "okay" and then not realizing what I said "okay" to.
    bendybadger
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,272
    Focusing too much on my career and forgetting about the truly important things in life.
    SumoLego
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,094
    General laziness. I have the time and resources to crank out really cool MOC's but have a hard time getting started.
    catwrangler