Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Jurrasic World sets are still on the shelves???

bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
I just noticed today that Jurrasic World sets are still in stock on Lego.com. I thought all of these sets retired long ago. I definitely haven't seen any at my local Lego store since at least February.

Did these recently come back in stock, or have I just gone bonkers and these sets never went away?

Comments

• Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    They have been in stock at my local Walmart forever.
    SumoLegojosekalelkiki180703
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,942
    I've seen them at several Targets too.
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,939
    Here in the UK, they're all still available in my local Lego store, except the "Raptor Escape" set that retired very early on. #75920.
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 446
    Can still find them here in Hawaii.
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Friggin' Raptor Escape.

Grumble.
    It's the only one I don't have :(
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    edited August 2016
    Brraaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnnnnnssssssssssss
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,942
    SumoLego said:

Grumble.

One of my Walmarts has Jurrasic World sets on clearance for up to half off. If they have this set, do you want me to get one for you?
    monkeyhangerkiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,061
    They've been long, long, long gone...
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    Yes that set is long gone but it doesn't keep me from looking whenever I stop by a Walmart, hoping an employee cleans out the storeroom & puts a few on the shelf. You never know what they'll find back there. On a trip there less than a month ago I found this

bobabricksSprinkleOttereggshenstluxBricklover18kiki180703LEGO_Dad77SlapNutssnowhitie
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    I wish I had a local Walmart, closest one is pretty far away. :/

Seems like they never did go away. I remember after market prices being sky high not that long ago.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    At Walmarts, Targets and TRU's....and each one has had a round of 20% off sales too on 'em
    ^ I'm sure @Thanos75's local store have a full shelf of Raptor Escapes and The Zombies.
    bobabricksricecakekiki180703
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    SumoLego said:
    ^ I'm sure @Thanos75's local store have a full shelf of Raptor Escapes and The Zombies.
    That would be pretty spectacular, as The Zombies was a Target exclusive... ;)
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 687
    SumoLego said:
    And a free white range finder with every purchase...
    SumoLegogmonkey76kiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,460
    edited August 2016
    I seem to recall hearing that they sold so strongly they decided to extend the lifespan into this year. 
    SumoLego said:

Grumble.

One of my Walmarts has Jurrasic World sets on clearance for up to half off. If they have this set, do you want me to get one for you?
    That's a kind offer, but i'm sure that particular one was eol'd about a year ago, not sure why it didn't last as long as the others. If you did by some miracle manage to find one then I would be very grateful, but i'm sure there's no chance.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,214
    Still plenty in my local TRU.
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 764
    After #75920 Raptor Escaped was retired, I found the whole series difficult to get in the UK. I know because I rushed out to buy all the sets. I had delayed buying them, hopying for discounts which never came!
    Since then, they have become easy to buy on Amazon, at TRU and at other shops. I have even seen an odd discount on Amazon.

I believe Jurrassic World 2 will be hitting the cinemas around June 2018. Maybe they committed to another wave of sets for the new movie. Since there are so many unique parts required in this theme (i.e. the dinosaurs). Perhaps it makes sense to keep the old sets in production even if they aren't high profit margin items.
    catwrangler
    I still see a similar level of stock for the Scooby-Doo theme.  There may have been a late 2015 production run, but we are probably seeing the last of the current sets.

(I find that the Lego Retail Store is a much better barometer for what themes will be replenished.  No Scooby-Doo or JW at the retail store!)
    Dontcopythatfloppy
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    I seem to recall hearing that they sold so strongly they decided to extend the lifespan into this year. 
    This is always an interesting situation, because did they have strong sales due primarily to the movie release or great sets...or both?   It would be a mistake to produce and carry on for another season if Lego produced sets based upon the initial popularity.  But who knows how many sets were produced for a second run.  

I just think once the movie is gone these kinda fall off the table.
    ryjay said:

I just think once the movie is gone these kinda fall off the table.
    I think these sets would remain interesting without the film - there aren't many 3-8 year old boys who aren't mad about Dinosaurs, and want them when they see them on the shelves. They always glean a lot of interest in my local Lego store.
    DedgeckoSumoLegokiki180703BrickDancerstluxsnowhitie
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,526
    I think these sets are still around because very few were bought.

I have not seen any decent reductions on the price of these sets. Which could be another reason they are still around?
    They sold a ton of the JW sets over here, particularly around Christmas.
    Venunder said:
    I think these sets are still around because very few were bought.

I have not seen any decent reductions on the price of these sets. Which could be another reason they are still around?
    If they're still around and the retailers would like them not to be, i'd expect to have seen reductions. As it is, i've not seen any specific reductions on those sets, I bought mine on 3 for 2s at either Argos or Tesco.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,473
    never seen any in shops. I think they don't want to take risks with non-evergreen / big-bang themes.
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 446
    I got an email from TRU. Buy one Jurassic Park set get the next 40% off. Just a thought.
  • Scott1Scott1 United StatesMember Posts: 48
    There's still some JW at my local Toys R Us, but then again, that's the same store that still has loads of Chima and plenty of the Ninjago MechDragon left. 
  • GreendudeGreendude Member Posts: 58
    edited December 2016
    https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00UX5L0HO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has this always been listed like this or are they actually getting more stock?

For those unable to google translate, it says 75920 is "temporarily" out of stock, allowing me to order for €38.96.
    snowhitie
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,976
    ^ that's cool - it's the only one I don't have, it was up to 40 now but even that is a good price. It is out of stock like you said but wieg amazon that happens quite often.

@monkeyhanger you should be able to get one from the UK, @SumoLego don't know if this would work too send to US? I'd order two and send you one but I'm worried they might cancel my order if I do that.
    Snowhitie: Thanks for the heads up - the only set I don't have in the JW series. I doubt more stock will be in as it hasn't been available anywhere for quite a while, but i've placed the order for one in hope.
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,452
    Last time I was at the Lego store here in Belgium I noticed some JW sets for the first time...
    wardm
    Now it's listed for €38.20, it's changing price often...does this suggest an active product or some mess up with an automated stock system?
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,976
    ^ it's very very strange... I'm keeping my fingers crossed the order actually comes through!
  • adukaduk Member Posts: 155
    We can all live in hope that the Raptor escape set turns up . It has been listed in Amazon.fr for a while - I ordered mine on 8th October!
  • ImABrickManNowImABrickManNow BrickyMcBrickMember Posts: 270
    My local TRU has had Raptor escape on their shelves for the longest time, and its STILL priced at 40-ish dollers
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    I've seen all the other ones on the shelves this year besides #75920.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 981
    Problem with these was they were all too pricy and IMO unimaginative. I didn't know that the #75920 was rare. I just saw some a few weeks ago at one of my local TRUs.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,777
    teal93mr2 said:
    Problem with these was they were all too pricy and IMO unimaginative. I didn't know that the #75920 was rare. I just saw some a few weeks ago at one of my local TRUs.
    Interesting.. thought the Raptor Escapes were Walmart exclusives. Or are you referring to JW theme being at TRU as a whole?

Im not surprised that JW could be at some TRUs still. They constantly over price these sets and there were reports that Lone Ranger sets lingered for about the same length of time. I understand that TLR was not as popular as JW, but I think TRUs pricing ways are a bigger indictment than JW somehow being not that popular.
    gmonkey76DedgeckoBricklover18pharmjod
    OK...it's now unavailable on amazon.fr, except for marketplace...but my order is still active...wonder how this will all end...