Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    ^My favorites are the igloo and the Gatorade Tower (I hear they need more electrolytes in the colder regions).
    dspigelSumoLegoSprinkleOttercatwrangler
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,631
    ^My favorites are the igloo and the Gatorade Tower (I hear they need more electrolytes in the colder regions).
    Lots of trans-red 1x1s to get the right texture...
    SprinkleOtterLEGO_Dad77
  • AndyPolAndyPol UKMember Posts: 354
    Enjoyed building my purchase of Buckingham Palace today. Just need to get back to Leicester Square to get a London Skyline when it's back in stock!
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 461
    ^^^I need to remember to remove all extraneous objects from photos, people are derailed to easily. 
    SprinkleOtterSumoLegoLEGO_Dad77khmellymel
  • Scott1Scott1 United StatesMember Posts: 48

I finished building these two skyscrapers in LDD. I based them off the old Twin Towers in NYC; I kept the general silhouette, but changed the exterior. I tried to make them small so it would stay near the $150-$200 price point, but I also tried to make them detailed. I'll add an interior to each level, such as offices, small apartments, etc. These will be the first two buildings in a much larger complex. Tell me if you guys have any suggestions.

SprinkleOtterkiki180703stluxjosekalel
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,724
    ^ Use LUG Bulk?
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,443
    ^^^I need to remember to remove all extraneous objects from photos, people are derailed to easily.
    Just make sure that drink is on a coaster!  No, not yours - the one that boy is drinking :-)

Seriously, nice start to the festive season. It has inspired a question though:

In the Winter Village theme there are basically a bunch of quaint buildings with snow on them, populated by regular minifigs.

And then slap bang in the middle is Santa's Workshop. So, is the Winter Village really a North Pole village (but with no elves), is Santa's Workshop really just a promotional thing (like a Winter Wonderland theme park), or is it something else (such as putting the workshop far away from the rest of the village, so they're treated as being completely separate)? I could never justify sticking the workshop in with the rest, which is why I only bought the workshop - you have to have Santa! And a gingerbread house, because it's still fantasy, and a Christmas train, because Polar Express.
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703stluxcatwrangler
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    today i am working on Project "Mirror #10220 "
    trying to limit what i have to strip down from the model ware i can i am keeping sub build (like the roof) in 1 unit so i can just place them back.
    should be fun. 
    OrmskirkBricks
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 461
    @MaffyD All the sets are just bunched together while under construction. I do plan on separating the workshop from the town and have two displays, actually three if you include the train going around my small tree.
    MaffyDkiki180703SprinkleOtter
    today i am working on Project "Mirror #10220 "
    trying to limit what i have to strip down from the model ware i can i am keeping sub build (like the roof) in 1 unit so i can just place them back.
    should be fun. 
    so a full 5 hours after i started. i am finished.
    one Mirror build of #10220 done.

did have a 1x1 tile "white" vanish on me. no idea ware it got to.
    so pulled one out of my spear parts.

i am happy it look right now. not like some USA import.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,631
    edited November 2016
    The observation of inadvertent Lego picture photobombs is a Forum Pastime.

Castle done, with added Cinderella and Prince Charming minidolls.

What the heck to I do with these?

TheMaker37kiki180703dspigelstluxcatwranglerOnebricktoomanyDeeC2_JoshblogzillyLegoboy
    Starting to come together.

You're going to need a looooot for white plates...
    BuriedinBricks
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,413
    Just started my next build. But now have to wait for my next parts delivery... but what is it???

Custom clone turbo tank?
    Custom clone turbo tank?
    Nope. Correct theme (star wars) but not a custom build. It is a set that i have slowly been aquiring parts for.
    SprinkleOtter
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    Apparently mirroring a PDF isn't as easy as I thought, so I mirrored the instructions to #10218 in Word. I did this so that I could put the other Pet Shop next to each other (red building next to red building, and blue to blue) in a nice 'symmetrical' way. Let's see how it goes. 
    blogzilly
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,777
    TheFew said:
    Just started my next build. But now have to wait for my next parts delivery... but what is it???
    UCS X-Wing! I think it's really clever how they did the wing function of the new one.
    TheFewkiki180703
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,443
    ^ I knew it was an x wing too - I have the old UCS and it's surprising how close the structure looks to the new one at that point. Minus the sprung Technic beams.
    TheFewkiki180703
    Aanchir said:
    TheFew said:
    UCS X-Wing! I think it's really clever how they did the wing function of the new one.
    Bingo! 

Still need yo source the cockpit. I may end up buying a dark trans version, as they are a reasonable pice compared to around  £9 for the clear trans original...
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 321
    edited November 2016
    josekalel said:
    Apparently mirroring a PDF isn't as easy as I thought, so I mirrored the instructions to #10218 in Word. I did this so that I could put the other Pet Shop next to each other (red building next to red building, and blue to blue) in a nice 'symmetrical' way. Let's see how it goes. 
    Here is picture of a mirrored pet shop that I built earlier this year. The hardest part is to get your brain to place the bricks on the opposite side of the instructions.
    stluxkiki180703josekalelLegogramMegtheCatdanstraindepotOnebricktoomanyblogzillyMooreFX
    edited November 2016
    started #10245 today. and have finished stage 2.
    will do stage 3 later today i think.
    @sweetness34 I flipped the images in Word, I don't think I have the brainpower to do that just mentally...seeing your photo makes me realize it's a good idea to do so when you have two pet shop sets.
  • LoxlegoLoxlego Barrie Ontario Canada Member Posts: 31

The first version of the instructions for the Hennessey Venom are available here:
    https://goo.gl/photos/dy2DnhMWxqHDehmh9

Free Professional instructions by Thorsten are available very soon!
    30441488414_fa19a7c564_bjpgFramework for the Hennessey Venom GT Spyder by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

31181133116_e7a48a28ea_bjpgIMG_2111 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

31182034235_cd2952a663_bjpgDoing tear down photos for instructions... by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

30758286320_f465787785_bjpgIMG_1300 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

31084103261_083c779332_bjpgUntitled by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

31151606401_c9c6f4c3a4_ojpgOverlay of the Hennessey Venom sketch and the technic car by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

josekalelmonkeyhangerstluxkiki180703OnebricktoomanytallblocktooLegoboyMooreFX
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,778
    ^^ That Hennessey Venom looks far better than the Technic Porsche IMO, inside and out.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,226
    I too am in the midst of building Christmas displays :)
    thebeermonkey
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    edited November 2016
    ^^ @thebeermonkey, that looks amazing!! I never saw the candy house until now, very.... "sweet." :D The iced skating pond is HUGE and awesome, as well as the smaller iced section with a bench and the line sagging overhead; looks very natural and extremely well-placed. But my favorite thing about your display has got to be the Power-Pellet Tree! XD Haha, I know it's a tree with light snowfall, but it would fit into Pac-Land perfectly. :)

Well done, all of it. Between your display and a few others... got me thinking about FINALLY collecting the winter village sets... ohhhhhhh boy.

EDIT: Maybe photoshop the Ferris Wheel in first to be sure? But I say go for it. ;)
    thebeermonkey
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    @LEGO_Dad77

Power pellet tree. I must google this!

Thanks for your kind words.

btw, just built a second power pellet tree!

LEGO_Dad77
  • ClutchPowerClutchPower Austin, TexasMember Posts: 220
    ^ I see the Gatorade bottle. Working hard indeed on the setup. Very nice colection @TheMaker37
    TheMaker37
    The recent find at Kmart (by the way, they have a lot of 'older' sets, but not at good prices). This #60041 looks great!

• DeeC2_JoshDeeC2_Josh SoCal Member Posts: 63
    Picked up #60147 the other day and thought it needed more. #4011 was a childhood favorite of mine so it was the perfect chance to try to recreate that style.

OnebricktoomanybluedragonLEGO_Dad77sid3windrblogzilly
  • Mandz27Mandz27 ScotlandMember Posts: 35
    Building my Christmas sets just now, trying to figure out how to incorporate them into my other xmas decorations.
  • TheBoeingKidTheBoeingKid United StatesMember Posts: 4
    I'm building a big airport and a bunch of planes and vehicles
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 213
    Given up on my Judge Dredd bike for now, just don't have all the parts I need 
    Trying to build my first RC tracked vehicle... it was poop. Must try harder.

• legomentallegomental UkMember Posts: 309
    We are building Town Hall this week. My 6 year old is absolutely enthralled and I've revised my 'modular rankings'. Isn't it a lovely build? I've had it in the shed for over 12 months and can't believe I've been missing out all this time. 

I really should be decorating the bedroom as the roof leaked badly last week and came through but I can't put this set down!
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,723
    I finished building #6271 Imperial Flagship. A really nice design and build I kind of want to turn it into a merchant ship as it would look good with a small hold for stores and less canons. Now I want more pirate ships. 
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 745
    Started the rebuilding of the WV.  Post Office, Bakery and Sana's Workshop done so far.  Plus various freebies.  I may be some time.
    I wanted to add some furniture from #10697 to the Pet Shop apartment...here's how it ended up.

MegtheCatDoctorMcGannkiki180703LEGO_Dad77stluxchrisalddinblogzillyMooreFXTheMaker37
    been building #40222 + spear parts seeing how many of the builds i can do before i run out of part's i can Sub in and have to brake up mini builds from before.
    day 5 done. and i not run out of key part's yet even if i have has to sub other types and colors to get the same look.