Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF Series 17 - The Batman Movie

thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
edited November 2016 in Collecting

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere but just reading on a Dutch Lego website that the list of Batman CMF is out.

20 Minifigs.

€3.99. Which I believe is more expensive than previous CMFs. Does that mean UK price will be £2.99?
  1. Lobster-Lovin’ Batman
  2. Eraser
  3. Zodiac Master
  4. King Tut
  5. Pink Power Batgirl
  6. Dick Grayson
  7. Orca
  8. Fairy Batman
  9. Glam Metal Batman
  10. Clan of the Cave Batman
  11. Vacation Batman
  12. Joker – Arkham Asylum
  13. Calculator
  14. Red Hood
  15. Commissioner Gordon
  16. Barbara Gordon
  17. March Harriet
  18. Mime
  19. Catman
  20. NurseHarley Quinn

donutboyLostInTranslationGoldchainsraygunnstluxdspigelsnowhitiejosekalelkiki180703gmonkey76SumoLegoClutchPowerchuckpDeeC2_Josh77ncaachampsRedbullgivesuwindwardmobi_gMynattLego_Starbrumeymatticus_bricksbandit778danstraindepotYodaliciousMegtheCat

Comments

• donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 762
    I'm in.
  • ClutchPowerClutchPower Austin, TexasMember Posts: 220
    Thanks for showing us more info! If you don't mind, I will put this in the LEGO Batman Movie Fourm.
  • The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 162
    Will have to see them to make a final call, but I'll likely be buying a LOT of these.
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Why 20... That makes it awkward when trying to display them 
    raygunnkiki180703Mynattcanon03
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 784
    edited November 2016

20 Minifigs.

€3.99. Which I believe is more expensive than previous CMFs. Does that mean UK price will be £2.99.

I hope not. Otherwise it's going to be rather expensive to complete the set plus pick up a few spares.

I can see it happening though as TLG used the TLM CMF line to increase the price and could cite the DC licence tax as the reason for the any price hike.

• black_towrblack_towr MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    Some good stuff on this list. I'll pick up a box or 2.
  • leego76leego76 Chandlers FordMember Posts: 360
    Why 20... That makes it awkward when trying to display them 
    At least they SHOULD be evenly distributed in a box of 60 for once
    OrmskirkBricks
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 991
    The Batmans will be hard to decipher.  20 is a ton though, hope the RRP doesn't increase to $4.99 or I may not go for the whole set.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,431
    I suspect that accessories will make IDing the Batman variants easy.

If his list is accurate I hope the Catman figure isn't too dissimilar to comic book incarnations, I know they're likely to go wacky, but an orange and yellow suit is already kind of wacky. I really want a classic look Catman for a lot of reasons, one of which might be the Fairly Odd Parents link!
    gmonkey76
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,151
    edited November 2016
    teal93mr2 said:
    The Batmans will be hard to decipher.  20 is a ton though, hope the RRP doesn't increase to $4.99 or I may not go for the whole set.
    That my worry. If RRP actually goes above 3.99 USD then I'm not sure how many they will be selling (I know I will not be buying many, if any, at that price).  Never mind another Arkham Joker? Really? They already have a set to-be-released with him in it, but they will waste a figure slot for yet another version??
    I only see about 3-4 figures I want and that is probably a good thing.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,053
    RRP is €3 in Belgium forlatest CMF, including Disney which has licencing fees too, 4 is really expensive, and 20...

Still, I probably end up getting some/all ;)
    thebeermonkey
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 453
    I see a few I will be getting.
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    This might be the time where I buy a full box. Then again, 20 seems a lot to be 'fondling' at the store. 
  • ImABrickManNowImABrickManNow BrickyMcBrickMember Posts: 270
    The ones I want in this order: Eraser, Zodiac master,King Tut,Dick Grayson,Orca,Mime, Joker Arkham Asylum, calculator,nurse Harley Quinn, Catman and Redhood.
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 945
    josekalel said:
    This might be the time where I buy a full box. Then again, 20 seems a lot to be 'fondling' at the store. 
    Same here. I always end up getting multiple of each anyway; might as well just get it over with in one shot.

Now... wait to see if anything is worth of an "army".
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,690
    @MinifiguresPlus will you be getting cases of these? If so I'm definitely interested in a case depending on the figure breakdown. Hopefully 3 full sets a case.
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 282
    I love a good fondling, going to be a good time!
    thebeermonkeykiki180703MattDawsonobi_g
  • MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 197
    Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh etc.  Might just swallow my I-hate-blind-bags stubbornness and buy a whole box on this one.
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    @MinifiguresPlus yeah, let us know on time. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,218
    I'm not sure why this would be part of the numbered series.  TLM was not - nor have any of the other licensed series.

And 20 is a strange number.  Why not 18 like Disney?

This reminds me of the initial Disney rumours that had all five 'Inside Out' characters that were not part of the series.

Regardless, definitely a must-have! 
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,769
    I also doubt it will be series 17 given TLM wasn't numbered in the usual way.
    SumoLegoKingAlanI
  • sirrich69sirrich69 Member Posts: 496
    This will just be called Batman series, like Simpsons, TLM and Simpsons series 2. If the rumours are true then Batman in Jan and Series 17 in May.
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    edited November 2016
    @CCC @sirrich69

My thoughts too in terms of it not being Series 17 but more in line with Simpsons or Disney special themed series. I titled the thread series 17 as that is what the article listed it as. I should have put quotation marks round "Series 17". Just like I did there. :-)

http://www.lcc.builders/2016/11/21/the-lego-batman-movie-minifigures-series-71017/

• khopewosinkhopewosin Member Posts: 98
    Want!
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    CATMAN !?  The Catman, right !? 

• LegoAddictLegoAddict NW of ChicagoMember Posts: 31
    first of all, after looking at the above photo, I decided to google "catman" and look at the images.  Save your retinas and please don't

secondly, 20 minifigures in the collection seems excessive, especially, since a bunch of these CMFs sound like "one-liner" jokes.  At what point has Lego over-saturated the market?  I'm beginning to wonder if we are there given some of the discounts on Lego we are seeing, and especially if the movie doesn't meet expectations
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    edited November 2016

At what point has Lego over-saturated the market?  I'm beginning to wonder if we are there given some of the discounts on Lego we are seeing, and especially if the movie doesn't meet expectations
    I think all those discounts we see is lego's way of appealing to the casual buyer, were as the die hard lego buyer/collector is all in at whatever price lego wants to charge.

As far as 20 in the series, no big deal...only buy 16...oh, wait...we must buy them all....and lego knows it! :)

josekalelkiki180703gmonkey76libelulex
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,961
    If they are the same then Arkham Asylum Joker and Nurse Harley Quinn already appear in the Arkham Asylum set. So if you take them out then the list becomes 18 which seems more inline with their film and licence tie ins. 

I will definitely pick up the minor villains but I have no interest in the Batman et al variants. 
    BumblepantsLEGO_Dad77madforLEGOkiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,978
    ^I hope you are right. It would be silly to waste two slots with minifigs already in the asylum set.
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 586
    didnt the Dutch article say that these were going to be exclusive figures, not available in other sets. that could just be an issue with google translate, but i interpreted that as "20 unique figures"
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,269
    I am rather hoping the Arkham Joker is a straight jacket print as opposed to the prison jumpsuit in the Asylum set.
    gmonkey76flordkiki180703
    first of all, after looking at the above photo, I decided to google "catman" and look at the images.  Save your retinas and please don't

secondly, 20 minifigures in the collection seems excessive, especially, since a bunch of these CMFs sound like "one-liner" jokes.  At what point has Lego over-saturated the market?  I'm beginning to wonder if we are there given some of the discounts on Lego we are seeing, and especially if the movie doesn't meet expectations
    ....and I thought I was a loser :P
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 906
    More batmen for my display! Currently use 4 variants plus batzaro mixed with other superheroes but the thought of having a pure batman display with a dozen or so batman sounds appealing. Might need more laser shooting sharks though.
    libelulex
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    l wanna see pictures of them. But with so many this series is gonna get expensive
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    nah. plz no!

i want a proper knights, monsters, rogues, dark souls, lizardmen, snakemen, red orc, skeleton CMF line!
    edited November 2016
    The Red Hood in that image looks weird, looks like the piece on top of the head might fit on the shoulder piece without a head there, but it looks like they've mashed two versions of Red Hood together. With that 'hood' piece a fleshie head would be better so it could either be masked or unmasked.

Also if that Catman is genuine I'll be incredibly pleased...looks exactly how I'd like!
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,365
    Shib said:
    The Red Hood in that image looks weird, looks like the piece on top of the head might fit on the shoulder piece without a head there, but it looks like they've mashed two versions of Red Hood together. With that 'hood' piece a fleshie head would be better so it could either be masked or unmasked.

Also if that Catman is genuine I'll be incredibly pleased...looks exactly how I'd like!
    It's the same piece as the new Mr. Freeze so that should give you an idea. 
    Shib
    Good shout, I hadn't looked close enough to notice that. weird that it's shown as balancing on top of his head, I wonder if it'll come with a piece to do that or it's some sort of illustrative purposes position 
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    I really really like these. Fairy Batman is probably my favourite. 
    77ncaachamps
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    1 batman is enogh for me...

but i havent spoiled lego batman movie so far. maybe watching batman movie changes my opinion
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,642
    Looks like enough accessories for feeling ease!  Got to have the glam metal batman and I'm loving the masked rubber ring.
    AllBrick
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,570
    Although these do appeal to AFOL's, the main market for these will be 6-10 year old kids who are forced to see the Movie by their parents.
    If a collecting craze takes off among the core demographic they will buy more than enough, with their pocket money, to suit TLG.
    77ncaachamps
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 228
    They'll put the price up to extortion (the rise to £2.50 came with the TLM set) but the quality of the figures will remain sub standard.
    77ncaachamps
    !
    AllBrick
  • CaptainPirateManCaptainPirateMan MichiganMember Posts: 347
    If this is the list, I see a lot of questionable choices here. Batman is a franchise that is FULL of great characters, but some of these choices make me scratch my head? No poison IVY, Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, two face? Really?
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,966
    If the shot I saw of the series is real, there are some cool minifigures. Fairy Batman looks brilliant.
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 282
    These look awesome. Anyone who collects batman minifigures will be getting all of these lol