Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    ^That reminds me, we went to Reno last Friday to fun-shop, and my Little Brother and his girlfriend apparently had the same idea, cuz he texted me this picture and asked if that would be good for my Christmas present! Of course I was very happy, asked where he was... he was in Barnes and Noble, the store my wife had JUST left, and we were in the parking lot snacking! :) Long story to say I got this a bit early, and it's awesome. :D

snowhitiedspigelJennistluxcatwrangler
  • boadboad United KingdomMember Posts: 22
    snowhitie said:
    Just made the easiest MOC ever, I decided that 50 baseplates make for a pretty good skyscraper....

Can't leave it though cause then the winter display will be in trouble...
    That actually looks very good
    bookmumsnowhitieKingAlanI
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,507
    doesn't look that easy actually to leave the same gap between each plate.
    snowhitieJern92catwrangler
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 491
    Sorted and logged a few thousand pieces into my Rebrickable database today. So far I have logged about 6700 pcs from a lot, I feel like I am about 20% done. There are sooooo many black, light grey and dark grey pcs and the misc. pile is growing in size. I may need to call on fellow members to help identify those less than normal pcs. I am sure there is a thread for it somewhere?
    SprinkleOtterVorpalRyu
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 491
    ^^^Thanks!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,653
    Looking forward to seeing how [email protected] crashes tomorrow during the pre black Friday event. Will the promos fail to add to the cart? Will the sale items be mostly out of stock before the event even begins? Will it just 404? 
    sid3windrbandit778SumoLego
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,452
    There's a -pre- BF event even? :o
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,653
    ^yeah, sale items, 2x VIP points. Maybe a gift with purchase too. At least for the US. Could be different elsewhere.
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    feeling bricky! 

my train conductor hat arrived today! i will be expanding my train layout to go through my whole flat this weekend. purchased some ikea shelfs to let the train circle next to my living rooms wall! lets see when i run out of train tracks!
    Jennibookmumsnowhitietallblocktoolegonut80Salamalexcatwrangler
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 295
    edited November 2016
    ^^Want to do this!! Married? Significant other? Roommate?  If so, how did you get her, him, them to permit this?  Shelving near ceiling?  
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,278
    @brumey I assume the hat isn't made of lego because that would give you a terrible headache. I've always dreamed of having a train set running through my house. Except I don't live in a house (small flat) and I don't have a train set. 
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,014
    this is my 2,000th post on this forum!

@Huw you know.... some Forum Ranks Would be nice.

oh well. Yay for me!

Lego Status update.
    placed a order for the winter set from 2014 yesterday.
    and today got my mum and dad to buy me my christmas gift in the form of 3 Lego set's from Tesco in the 3 for 2 offer. will have to wait until christmas to get them.

other then moving some part's around. and braking down some set's it been slow on the lego side for me.

oh and dad got Amazon Prime. on the £20 off offer. as well as a Fire Stick for his DVD/TV he his in his bed room. no freeview feed to that room. so it's the only why to get tv in there. up to now he only used it to watch dvd's. (yes he got it in part for the new show on Amazon Video "The Grand Tour" he is a big fan of the 3 nut job's who host that show. well so am i for that case.)
    but Bonus for me is Amazon Prime next day free shipping. this is good for lego shopping.

Non-lego Status Update.
    i am waiting for my Copy's of Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon. to come next week.
    the game look so fun... and the +£2 off, each from having amazon Prime was nice to.
    saved me £4 in all. not to be scoffed at.
    big Pokemon Fan here. and have had 1 of each game in the main game line to come out, from Red, Blue and yellow. to X and Y, and the remakes. (only have Yellow on the VC on my 3DS XL. may buy the red and blue for the VC some day. (my old copy of yellow is battery dead. so i cannot store save files anymore. yes it can be Fixed. no i dont have the skills to do it my self.) (soldering Iron + me =bad idea. "on a good day." on a bad day.  soldering Iron + me =PAIN!)

hope you all have a good day of Buying with TESCO 2 for 3 offer.
    ClutchPowerLegogramjosekaleltallblocktoocatwrangler
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    @Salamalex I guess toys DO become alive when no one is watching :p
    Salamalex
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,804
    At least the bottle of WKD Blue didn't smash.  :)
    SumoLegoLego_Starbandit778snowhitiecatwrangler
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,138
    Meant to sort through my classic pirate stuff to see what I could build but organized the house instead and worked. At least am ready for the weekend?
    catwrangler
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,453
    Looking forward to seeing how [email protected] crashes tomorrow during the pre black Friday event. Will the promos fail to add to the cart? Will the sale items be mostly out of stock before the event even begins? Will it just 404? 
    Maybe they'll just crash the site right now and save us all the hassle.
    ^^ I revert to rookie status every now and then.  Wife just looks at me and shakes her head.  Not sure if it's disdain, disgust or defeat.  20 years now she's been putting up with me and Lego.  Of course, come holidays, she's all smiles when I break out the awesome gifts for the kids, nieces and nephews!!
    khmellymeldavetheoxygenmanLegogramstluxcatwrangler
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,053
    ^^Now that did make me laugh out loud. And at the same time sounded all too familiar.
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Wishing I was at home to build my winter village, which would be very appropriate for the first snowfall tomorrow. 
    SprinkleOtter
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,751
    edited November 2016
    Wishing I was at home to build my winter village, which would be very appropriate for the first snowfall tomorrow. 
    I feel ya. The snow should stick around through Thanksgiving break...?

On a similar note, I hope my ice planet stuff from Ebay arrives in time for a few fun photos...
    Bricklover18
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    For those of you with the significant others that look down on your passion for LEGO...do they not have anything they're passionate about (besides you, of course)? For cliched as it may sound, do your gfs not spend a lot of money buying shoes they rarely use, or more makeup, or lots of clothes, or stuff for the house? Or guys, don't they spend money on tools they will never use, or stuff for their cars, exercise equipment, movies (guilty on that one), or beer (which, unless I'm mistaken, you can't resell)?

Plus (and I am asking in case I ever get hitched), how do you deal with having a significant other that for years and years and years keeps scolding you for love of LEGO?

By the way, not trying to make anyone feel bad or anything, just curious. 
    LEGO_Dad77catwrangler
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,547
    No sign of any sale items in the UK. 
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    @Jenni Cool new feature I had not found.  Wow that's a ton of Lego!  Slightly jealous admittedly but started really late just recently really so won't likely ever have the size of collection that some of you have!  Curious who are in the top ten!

And totally great advice.  I think going in to a relationship if one another are not accepting of each others current hobbies then maybe you are not in the right relationship.  Of course sometimes there is some need for compromise and change depending on the circumstances. 
    @ josekalel  hmm... 1 Corinthians 13:11 is the reason she looks at me the way she does sometimes, lol. The best thing about Lego is I can dispose of it pretty quickly if need be for a decent return.  She knows this.  I also don't let our relationship suffer.  We still "date" and make time for each other. All household chores are divided equally.  We have a great relationship!  She tells me what to do and I do it!!  Happy wife, happy life!   If it ever became a choice between her and my Lego my days being of the brick would fall by the wayside!
  • ClutchPowerClutchPower Austin, TexasMember Posts: 220
    Free LEGO's :D
    LEGO_Dad77dspigelbandit778starwars4everxwingpilotsnowhitie
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 452
    Saw this in the airport this morning.
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,554
    That's shocking.
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,547
    I built the Architecture Capitol Building today and once again became outraged by the shocking rip off being perpetrated by TLG.
    In no way is that an £80 set. The RRP should be £40. 
    legomental
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,751
    How???
    TheMaker37
  • ClutchPowerClutchPower Austin, TexasMember Posts: 220
    ^ It was at the TRU event today. They let the parrents and adults have a couple of free minifigures.
    SumoLego
    Motorized my Wall-E today. Daughter loves it and keeps racing it around the room :D
    stluxricecakebendybadgerBrickDancercatwrangler
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,453
    How???
    TRU promotion - a scavenger hunt in the Lego section of the store.
    SprinkleOtterPitfall69
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,730
    Well an update on the charity shop haul for £1.99. Monster Fighters car needed two pieces I had kicking around and I've managed to pick up the driver and gunner for it for under £5. The funfair is missing a couple of flags and the top Joker panel along with the track and minifigures. But it'll make a fun playset for my daughter or a pile of parts for some MOCs, either way a great result.
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    sid3windr said:
    Motorized my Wall-E today. Daughter loves it and keeps racing it around the room :D
    How did you do it? I seen a video of it but I could never figure out how to do it 
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,916
    Watching Indiana and Michigan football, sorting Hero Factory parts, and chuckling when I hear them pronounce IU quarterback's last name...Lagow (with a long a sound).
    MooreFXPitfall69
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 485
    SumoLego said:
    How???
    TRU promotion - a scavenger hunt in the Lego section of the store.
    I got 5 of them. None of them use the angry clone face. They use the other one I like much better!
    How did you do it? I seen a video of it but I could never figure out how to do it 
    Remove the dark tan axles with stops from the tracks, replace by 5L axle. Plug M-motor on both sides, it barely fits. Lead cables through "belly door". Remove 4x4 plate from the door or the battery box won't fit. Remove the neck support inside because it'll also block the battery box, then remove a bit of the back part to replace it by the IR receiver. I saw the video a long time ago, but it wasn't that hard once I finally got started...
    William_Townsley
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,093
    WiFi not working on my desktop which amongst other things interferes with LEGO activity. I can't print shipping labels for BL orders on my phone, and some things are simply frustrating with the small screen/keyboard. Currently on Dad's laptop.

Target had a sale ending today, so I went on principle, even though I was rushing around in bad weather.
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,014
    sid3windr said:
    Remove the dark tan axles with stops from the tracks, replace by 5L axle. Plug M-motor on both sides, it barely fits. Lead cables through "belly door". Remove 4x4 plate from the door or the battery box won't fit. Remove the neck support inside because it'll also block the battery box, then remove a bit of the back part to replace it by the IR receiver. I saw the video a long time ago, but it wasn't that hard once I finally got started...
    would love to do this. but dont yet have the part's to do it.
    but the RC car coming out in 2017 should give me the part's. and if it's price is ok. £69.99 or so. then i will be getting 2 copy's of that set.
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    Despite what I said here a year ago, I have to concede (having now ordered two exclusive PT minifigures), that my OT collection (which already contains Rebels and Battlefront sets) is no-longer an OT collection. Even more so when I add the Rogue One Y-wing.

@MaffyD It seems you were right. I hate that BTW ;)
    MaffyDBrickDancer
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,278
    My husband just told me that in the Shelter charity shop in Crystal Palace they have a large batman lego vehicle selling at £129. Don't know details like model number but any one that lives in the area might want to check it out.