Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2016 Brickset Secret Santa

Comments

• MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,570

Well, this is odd. I am never shown this thread in the 'Discussions' view, no matter how many un-viewed posts there are in here. Is that a bug? Or is it hidden somehow? How can I tell?

And more on-topic, I have the seed of a present idea planted (so to speak), lets see how it grows... :-)

LEGO_Dad77
    Two bricklink orders placed!! Excited!
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,871
    ^^  I'm not sure but thing it might have something to do with 'members only'. Glad you're wife is back home.
    MaffyD
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 450
    For the stalkers among us Flickr profiles are a useful tool
    bendybadgerkiki180703
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,323
    My order is on its way so wrapping and reposting at the weekend with any luck.
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,318
    Had a couple of BL orders arrive today along with something a bit special. All built and ready to go. Just need to figure out how best to wrap it all up now!

• William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Using wrapping paper^ 
    Speedman29kiki180703
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,080
    I will begin packaging my Secret Santee's items this weekend - for some reason am really excited about it this year!  Not that I havent been in years past.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,841
    I have gifts for both here and Bricklink ready to go. Just need to wrap 'em, pack 'em, and ship 'em!
    Yes! Worked out what it was. For some reason I had "Community and Events" muted. No idea how that happened, no idea that you could do that. But I hovered over a gear icon and saw the 'Unmute' option and all sorted! Weird. You may all carry on now...
    stluxTheOriginalSimonBLEGO_Dad77kiki180703
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,521
    Gift purchased! 
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 354
    Lots of people are very organised with this! I'm still looking at different ideas. 
    LostInTranslation
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
     historyman said:
    Lots of people are very organised with this! I'm still looking at different ideas. 
    I haven't seen my SS gifted post for a while so this'll probably go unnoticed but 2 years back I personally dropped his/her gift off on christmas eve and handed it to his/her dad. Hopefully more organised this time around.
    snowhitieLEGO_Dad77kiki180703
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 354
     historyman said:
    I haven't seen my SS gifted post for a while so this'll probably go unnoticed but 2 years back I personally dropped his/her gift off on christmas eve and handed it to his/her dad. Hopefully more organised this time around.
    That's a lovely personal touch!
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,954
    Orders have been placed, now eagerly awaiting the postman to deliver the goodies so I can get everything sorted and wrapped.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,521
    Some of you are organised very early! I'm still  in pondering  mode,  soon to commence stalkage and list assessment. 
    kezpiratemania7Renegade007cjhkiki180703SumoLego
    I've just got to wrap the gift and send it away. 
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,323
    A nice man from Yodel came today so just a few wee extra bits to sort.
  • MeganLMeganL California, USAMember Posts: 73
    My main part of the gift has been purchased, need to visit the LEGO store this weekend for a surprise or two.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,088
    edited November 2016
    Uh oh! My SS is going to have to work extra hard. Nothing on the my "want" list and my "have" list is years out of date. I've got some ideas for my sucker ...err... recipient. 

One question for the first-timer. Do ya'll just leave off the return address when mailing?
    SprinkleOtter
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    ^nope to mail a package in the US you have to have your return address somewhere on the box/envelope. 
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,841
    I use my real address but put Brickset Secret Santa as the name. :)
    LEGO_Dad77
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    That's why @SumoLego can't participate. Everyone here knows his address...
    Bumblepantskiki180703LEGO_Dad77Renegade007cjhSumoLego
  • BombTecBombTec In the MountainsMember Posts: 108
    Just waiting on one final item.  I had enough lego from their wish list stashed away in storage. Even some that I picked up in my Germany travels that aren't avail here in the states.  :oP 
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    Lol, that's hilarious, especially because it's true! XD
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
    Some of you are organised very early! I'm still  in pondering  mode,  soon to commence stalkage and list assessment. 
    I'm not far from this.  I have ideas in mind, and some sets that I am sure I will include but need to put it all together.  Hope to ship out soon!
  • 3stackshs3stackshs Member Posts: 295
    I'm lucky that some of the stuff on my ss's list that is 2x-3x RRP on Amazon is RRP and been sitting on the shelves here for months.  Heading out today to get what I need.  Hopefully in the mail today.  A few extra surprises as well.
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 496
    So far I've I've got one polybag that's on the recipients Wanted List. Stalking the forums starts at the weekend.
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 477
    Wrapped and ready to ship! Just don't want it to get there too early...
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Going to get the gift wrapped and ready to ship next weekend. 
    First BL order arrived... all's well so far :-)
    Quick question. If you're gifting a MOC, would you ship it in pieces and create instructions or built up and hope it survives the trip?
  • MeganLMeganL California, USAMember Posts: 73
    If it was me receiving, I'd love to get the pieces and instructions.  That would be fun!
    khmellymelkiki180703LegogramstluxSprinkleOttercatwrangler
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,036
    Instructions so the recipient can have the fun of building. Also having received something ready built in the past, I can say it likely won't arrive ready built anyway. I enjoyed putting back together from the reference photos supplied.
    Renegade007cjhkiki180703Legogramstluxbendybadgercatwrangler
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 684
    Hmmm... I don't have anything on my recipient's "Wanted" list as most of them seem to be OOP or Limited Editions.  Will have to get creative!
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,233
    I agree with the instructions, you can do it easily enough in LDD no?  That would be really cool, building someone else's creation.
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    edited November 2016
    My wife's like, "Send them the mystery machine. It's just been sitting there..."

I'm not sending ________ our f-----g mystery machine. We are gonna build the mystery machine when we get a ....wait for it....more better place.

Headed to Target this weekend. Ho ho ho. I hope lethal weapon is on sale too. It's a pretty good Christmas movie, yo!
    Renegade007cjhMattDawsonsnowhitieAllBrickcatwrangler
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,037
    Finally was able to purchase the gift! Now for the wrapping...
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 885
    Well after some stalking I have something mine mention they want however isn't on their wanted or have list! Need to get thinking more!
    starwars4ever
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,046
    Lol, that's hilarious, especially because it's true! XD
    Everyone likes a package from:

Handsome Q. Wonderful
    1007 Mountain Drive
    Gotham, WI 53540
    MattDawsonsnowhitiebendybadgerstluxSprinkleOtterkiki180703Renegade007cjhcatwrangler
    Got my bits ready too for
    you didn' think I'd give that away did you?

From the 39 UK Santa's only 3 haven't replied to my first email, so they've been PM'd to check they have received their mission. I can also reveal that the first parcel is on it's way! Exciting... Don' forget to let me know if you sent or receive something. 

stluxBricklover18AllBrickbandit778kiki180703kezcatwranglerHangedSanchezClutchPower
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    edited November 2016
    Mine's all ready- just need a day when I can see the road to go to the post office!
    starwars4everkiki180703kezAllBrick
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,954
    Getting panicky, as I'm not sure how long I can safely leave it before having to try to get something else if the orders I have already placed don't turn up very soon.  
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,221
    After all the excitement of planning for and attending the Leicester Square store opening, I finally got around to ordering all I need for my victim!
    But of course after placing my orders, I got another "brilliant" (at least in my mind!) idea, so pondering now whether to add that as well...
    bandit778snowhitie
    Everything now sorted, awaiting a few minutes to nip to the post office one of Santas Elves to pop by in the sleigh and carry it off to its lucky (hopefully) recipient.
    stluxbandit778snowhitieSprinkleOtterkezRenegade007cjh
    Waiting on one item from [email protected]; then placing with everything else I have in the package - I tried to really put together a bunch of different things to make it that much more fun for my SS when they open several packages.
    Speedman29snowhitie
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,938
    I've finally had a brainwave. Now for the designing and implementation! Should have plenty of time...
    snowhitieSprinkleOtter
    For anyone who is doing this for the first time, I had a good question that might be useful for others. 

If you want to add mystery so that the Santee can't find out who his Santa is (unless you prefer revealing yourself) but you do want to have the safety of a return address on your parcel, you can put one of your friends's /parents/work address on there. Or, in the UK feel free to contact me and you can use my mother-in-law's address that we use for trading, so she is used to get Lego ;)
    bandit778stluxSprinkleOttercatwrangler
    Ordered Packing materials so my present should be out in the post soon :) 
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 822
    Many thanks to the extraordinary Santa who has managed to send me my present super early this Christmas. Fortunately I've been a good boy this year and don't intend on opening it too early ;0D.

(There's so many organised people and then there's me who has only just received part of their Santee's order today)

*When the crowd follows in opening their gifts, so shall I; followed by an image of contents of course. Cheers :-D
    snowhitiestluxSpeedman29CapnRex101GothamConstructionCoAllBrickRenegade007cjhMaffyD