Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

A good set for £15 or under

boadboad United KingdomMember Posts: 22
I need to get a set which is up to £15 for my LUG secret Santa. Was wondering if I could have some suggestions as to what to buy. Please do not suggest anything Star Wars/superheroes related as I will end up keeping the set! Thanks in advance

Comments

• AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,404
    edited November 2016
    I would trawl supermarket clearance and deals. Sainsburys Nectar double up points at the moment. Go bigger, probably get a over the odds city set for less than £15.
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,259
    Or Creator #31032 red creatures - a most excellent dragon.
    JudgeChuckAanchirsnowhitiekiki180703Lego_Star
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,089
    edited November 2016
    Or Creator #31032 red creatures - a most excellent dragon.
    I'd agree with that. :-)

I also have #31031 Rainforest Animals (the parrot), which is another excellent set, with some really nice colours.
    Aanchirkiki180703Lego_Star
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,206
    I really like #31045 Ocean Explorer, only £13 so you could always add a polybag or CMF.
    catwranglerLego_Star
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,947
    What?! How can you be a member of a LUG and not have a clue what to buy them? :)
  • boadboad United KingdomMember Posts: 22
    What?! How can you be a member of a LUG and not have a clue what to buy them? :)
    It's a random secret Santa! Obv I know what some people like so if I knew who it was going to it would be easy. Considering it will go to a random person I want to buy something fairly neutral. And before you say something like classic bricks, those are out of the question.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,233
    You might want to check out the article below, if you haven't already done so:

http://brickset.com/article/24471/the-brickset-2016-holiday-gift-guide-part-1
    Lego_Star