Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Store Leicester Square, Actual London Bus!

OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
edited November 2016 in Everything else LEGO
spotted this yesterday! Sadly I was on a bus going the other way so apologies for the poor photo!

stluxsteinbriquebandit778bookmumdrdavewatfordkhmellymelsnowhitieAllBrickTheOriginalSimonBGothamConstructionCokiki180703asrfarinhanychromastoneFireheartcatwranglerdspigeldavetheoxygenmanSprinkleOtterClutchPowerHugeYellowBrick

Comments

• bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,342
    Oooh. Which route is it? Can't quite see the number. 9? (daughter of a bus spotter here. It's in my blood to get excited by these things.) 
    AllBrickkiki180703catwrangler
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,269
    With an advertisement like that driving about, not having the Lester minifigure on general sale seems like a really weird move, as having these bagged up for £5 in store they would probably sell incredibly well during the tourist season as a pocket money purchase.
    AllBrickIan_SLego_Starkiki180703stluxcatwrangler
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,292
    edited November 2016
    ^Indeed, as a tourist to NY and Copenhagen those little exclusives were the only type things I bought... If only for the fact that they are small and take up practically no room in my luggage!

I love that yellow bus BTW, thanks for sharing! 
    bandit778Ian_SLego_Starkiki180703stluxcatwrangler
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,642
    There are bus tracker apps out there if anyone is desperate to spot this for themselves. Just enter the fleet number LT747 and you can follow it around...
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,642
    Seems there is a taxi too:

kiki180703asrfarinhabandit778stluxcatwranglerClutchPower
    But does anyone know the route number. I'm in central London and could go and stand on the relevant street corner and... Oh no, I have turned into my dad. 
    bandit778stluxOrmskirkBricksPeteMBumblepantscatwranglerAllBrick
    Just texted my dad as he has that app thingy that @TheOriginalSimonB mentioned. 
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    Looks like route 91 to me? 
    I reckon it is. I looked at my bus map and that one makes sense. Trafalgar square to crouch end. 
    My dad will be so proud. Following a bus around (it's a not much happening Saturday). 
    catwrangler
    Confirmation from dad. It's a 91! 
  • BuoernyBuoerny Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2016
    As noted above, it can be located at any time by putting the registration LTZ1747 into the London Vehicle Finder website - https://lvf.io.  It isn't the only one either - also seems to be LT10 (LTZ1010) on the 24, LT219 (LTZ1219) on the 38, LT347 (LTZ1347) and LT731 (LTZ1731) on the 137 (or 59).
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    Yeah, sorry it's the 91, but it looks the community came through! 
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    I would love to see a Lego route master bus, minifig scale like this for sure!
    William_Townsleykiki180703
    Oooh the 59 is nearest to me. Might see that one. 
    Oooh the 59 is nearest to me. Might see that one. 
  • PeteMPeteM Gallifrey (near Bristol)Member Posts: 431
    @OrmskirkBricks - I agree! #384 is fairly close to scale but, in an era before minifigs, it doesn't really accommodate them!

Am I the only one who read this and thought that Lego had actually made a full size bus model to promote the opening? :)
    77ncaachampskiki180703
    @Briking I'm not sure why my post appeared twice but as soon as I realised I was waiting for someone to make that joke!! 
    Brikingstluxkiki180703
    I finally saw the famous bus a couple of weeks back. I was on another bus and spotted it coming up behind. Cue lots of excited "there it is - it's BEHIND us it's FOLLOWING US !" Yes....my family is so normal when travelling on public transport !
    OrmskirkBrickskiki180703catwrangler